|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Earle's male friend?
2. What is revealed about Officer Rossi from the tip line?
3. What gas station does Susan Martin's alleged kidnapper work at?
4. How many active cases does Green's firm have?
5. Who lives next door to Elton Richards?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Elvis surprised to see where Angela Rossi lives?
2. How do Lucy and Elvis respond to seeing him on the news for the first time?
3. Who is Lucy Chenier and what is her connection to Elvis?
4. What does Jonathan Green do when he arrives at Richards' apartment?
5. Who tells Elvis about Stuart Langolier and what does he do with this information?
6. How does Officer Samura vouch for Elvis Cole' reputation?
7. What does Toni Abatemao tell Cole about Stuart Langolier?
8. How is Mrs. Earle's story about LeCederick's arrest different from her son's?
9. What do the police officers discover when they go to Teddy Martin's home to inform him of his wife's murder?
10. Describe Elvis' interactions with Floyd M. Thomas, Ms. Bonell, and Mrs. Reese.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the character, Jonathan Green, change from the beginning of the book to the end? In your essay, explain Green's actions in the beginning, middle, and end of the story. Also identify those characters most affected by the development of this character.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explains the role of Stan Kerris in the cover up of Susan Martin's murder. Provide text evidence that explain Kerris' character traits and his relationship with Jonathan Green.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about the role of stereotypes of women. Explain which characters are affected by stereotypes and how each overcomes these labels. Provide examples from throughout the text and analyze the ways these stereotypes impacted the murder investigation of Susan Martin.
This section contains 1,264 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)