|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Rujillio ask Elvis for when he calls in Chapter 9?
2. Why do the police officers keep Susan Martin's murder off the radio?
3. What group does Ms. Bonell accuse of kidnapping Susan Martin?
4. What does Teddy Martin reveal when the police show up at his home?
5. What did Rossi fail to do when she made an arrest at the Burrito King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cole notice about Jonathan Green's office when he meets him and Truly about his Rossi report?
2. Who is Lucy Chenier and what is her connection to Elvis?
3. What does Elvis find when he goes to Pritzk's apartment?
4. What does Toni Abatemao tell Cole about Stuart Langolier?
5. Why does Green want Elvis to appear on the Channel Eight news and how does Cole feel about it?
6. What happens when Elvis meets with Mary Mason?
7. What happens when Elvis and Lucy go to dinner at Wolfgang Puck's?
8. Describe Elvis' interactions with Floyd M. Thomas, Ms. Bonell, and Mrs. Reese.
9. What does Mr. Pavlavi tell Elvis about "Steve"?
10. Who is Jodi Taylor and what is her connection to Elvis and Lucy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Elvis Cole and Jonathan Green. How has this relationship changed from the beginning of the book until the end of the book? In what ways do individual characters traits and actions affect their relationship? Identify the catalyst event(s) that changed the direction of this relationship.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay that explains Lucas Worely's role in the murder investigation of Teddy Martin. How does Lucas Worely help Elvis and Joe prove Teddy Martin and Jonathan Green are guilty of the charges against them? Why is Worely able to help Elvis? Answer these questions and provide evidence that shows that Worely provided crucial information in bringing down the conspiracy between Martin and Green.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that explains the role of Stan Kerris in the cover up of Susan Martin's murder. Provide text evidence that explain Kerris' character traits and his relationship with Jonathan Green.
This section contains 1,369 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)