|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character tells FDR, "God bless you." in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What blueprint does FDR instruct Missy to get at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
3. In Act 3, Scene 3, how does the crowd react to FDR when he begins to walk on the platform?
4. Which character shakes FDR's hand before leaving for the stage in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. How does FDR acknowledge the crowd in Act 3, Scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
What vulnerabilities does FDR demonstrate? How does FDR express the fears his vulnerabilities create? How do other characters attempt to protect FDR's vulnerabilities, and what effect do their actions have on his character?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between the protagonist and antagonist of the play. How do they relate to and affect each other? What conflicts arise between the two? How are these issues resolved? Which "character" is more successful and why?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the progression of FDR's political ambitions throughout the play. How are his ambitions affected by his illness? How do relationships with other characters affect his political ambitions? Are FDR's political views easily swayed by the influences of external events?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)