|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 3, what song does the band play as FDR begins to walk on the platform?
2. What does Mr. Howe drink in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Where is Act 3, Scene 3 set?
4. Which controversial organization does William McAdoo support?
5. Which character tells FDR, "God bless you." in Act 3, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How are suspense and fear used to motivate characters and progress the action of the play? How is suspense built onstage by using offstage characters and information? How does suspense add interest to the play and help express the themes of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the effects of polio on FDR's character. How does the support or lack thereof that family and friends provide affect his recovery? What effect could paralysis have on FDR's political future? What role does the public's acceptance of FDR play in his decision to remain active in politics?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why FDR feels lonely inside a house filled with people. How does loneliness affect FDR's mood and behavior? What factors or events provoke FDR to combat his loneliness? How does he reduce his feeling of loneliness and become more active in society?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)