|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 3, what song does the band play as FDR begins to walk on the platform?
2. Why must the speakers on the platform yell?
3. Who is coming to dinner in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. In Act 3, Scene 3, how many steps must FDR take to reach the podium?
5. According to Al Smith, what is the first objective of a politician?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different conflicts evident in the play. What types of literary conflicts exist, and which characters or elements interact in these conflicts? What is the major conflict, and how is it resolved after the climax?
Essay Topic 2
What vulnerabilities does FDR demonstrate? How does FDR express the fears his vulnerabilities create? How do other characters attempt to protect FDR's vulnerabilities, and what effect do their actions have on his character?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss FDR's relationship with Sara. Describe the control Sara has over FDR's life, both before and after his illness. What epiphany does FDR have about his mother after his illness? How does FDR's relationship with his mother change after he stands up to her?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)