Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which speaker does the chairman introduce in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. What does Anna complain about in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. How does FDR stop Anna's complaints in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Which character leaves the stage with Missy in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Which two characters argue at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Jimmy's relationship with his father. How does FDR's perception of Jimmy change throughout the years? What impact does Jimmy have on FDR's recovery and political pursuits?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the factors that motivate the characters in the play. How do these motivations develop and change through the course of the play? What lessons are learned by the characters as their motivations change?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the balance between hope and despair evident in the play. How do the action and dialogue of the play affect that balance? How is the balance between hope and despair used to express the themes of the play? In the end, which emotion do the characters experience and why?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)