|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 3, how many steps must FDR take to reach the podium?
2. Which famous sports figure supports Al Smith?
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does Mr. Howe read to FDR?
4. Which of FDR's children is present in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
5. When is Act 2, Scene 2, set?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Jimmy's relationship with his father. How does FDR's perception of Jimmy change throughout the years? What impact does Jimmy have on FDR's recovery and political pursuits?
Essay Topic 2
Explain why FDR feels lonely inside a house filled with people. How does loneliness affect FDR's mood and behavior? What factors or events provoke FDR to combat his loneliness? How does he reduce his feeling of loneliness and become more active in society?
Essay Topic 3
How are suspense and fear used to motivate characters and progress the action of the play? How is suspense built onstage by using offstage characters and information? How does suspense add interest to the play and help express the themes of the play?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)