|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Act 3, Scene 2 set?
2. What do FDR and Mr. Howe disagree on in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does FDR claim to have learned during his illness?
4. Where is Act 2, Scene 2, set?
5. What does FDR convince Al Smith to put on the schedule of the Democratic National Convention?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What vulnerabilities does FDR demonstrate? How does FDR express the fears his vulnerabilities create? How do other characters attempt to protect FDR's vulnerabilities, and what effect do their actions have on his character?
Essay Topic 2
How does FDR demonstrate his determination and resourcefulness in the play? Compare FDR's need for determination and resourcefulness both before and after his illness. How does polio strengthen FDR? What effect could his determination and resourcefulness have on his ability to lead others?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss FDR's relationship with Sara. Describe the control Sara has over FDR's life, both before and after his illness. What epiphany does FDR have about his mother after his illness? How does FDR's relationship with his mother change after he stands up to her?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)