|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Lassiter represent?
2. Which character does FDR refer to as a "man of iron"?
3. What has happened to Bourke Cockran in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What does FDR attempt to do when alone at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. How does Al Smith react to Missy's offer of a drink in Act 3, Scene 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Jimmy's relationship with his father. How does FDR's perception of Jimmy change throughout the years? What impact does Jimmy have on FDR's recovery and political pursuits?
Essay Topic 2
How are suspense and fear used to motivate characters and progress the action of the play? How is suspense built onstage by using offstage characters and information? How does suspense add interest to the play and help express the themes of the play?
Essay Topic 3
What elements of friendship and family are valued by the characters in the book? What value is placed on friendship and family relationships, and what appreciation do family members and close friends show for one another? How do the relationships among the characters affect FDR's recovery?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)