|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 3, what song does the band play as FDR begins to walk on the platform?
2. Who holds FDR's crutches in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Which controversial organization does William McAdoo support?
4. What is Eleanor doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
5. What does Mr. Howe ask Missy to check in Act 3, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What elements of friendship and family are valued by the characters in the book? What value is placed on friendship and family relationships, and what appreciation do family members and close friends show for one another? How do the relationships among the characters affect FDR's recovery?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of fate and destiny in the play. What destiny is FDR fated to receive, and what lessons are learned by other characters as a result? Does Schary present destiny as a predetermined fate or a result of personal choice and hard work?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why FDR feels lonely inside a house filled with people. How does loneliness affect FDR's mood and behavior? What factors or events provoke FDR to combat his loneliness? How does he reduce his feeling of loneliness and become more active in society?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)