Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which speaker does the chairman introduce in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. What does Anna complain about in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. How does FDR stop Anna's complaints in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Which character leaves the stage with Missy in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Which two characters argue at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the settings of the play are designed to affect the mood of the drama. How do the characters' placement onstage (blocking) affect the mood of the play? What effects do the changes of environment have on the characters in the play, particularly in regard to FDR's recuperation? How do mood and setting help express the themes being presented as the scenes change?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of symbolism in the play. What is the significance of FDR's 10 steps? Discuss the significance of FDR's need to stand for the duration of his speech. What is the significance of FDR's crawling? Discuss the significance of the progress FDR makes emotionally by becoming physically independent.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Jimmy's relationship with his father. How does FDR's perception of Jimmy change throughout the years? What impact does Jimmy have on FDR's recovery and political pursuits?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)