|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which speaker does the chairman introduce in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. What does Anna complain about in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. How does FDR stop Anna's complaints in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Which character leaves the stage with Missy in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Which two characters argue at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Jimmy's relationship with his father. How does FDR's perception of Jimmy change throughout the years? What impact does Jimmy have on FDR's recovery and political pursuits?
Essay Topic 2
What elements of friendship and family are valued by the characters in the book? What value is placed on friendship and family relationships, and what appreciation do family members and close friends show for one another? How do the relationships among the characters affect FDR's recovery?
Essay Topic 3
To what higher purpose does FDR feel he is called? What role does FDR's paralysis play in his decision to follow his new purpose in life? What skills or virtues has he learned that will prepare him for his new purpose? How does FDR's new purpose affect the other characters?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)