|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Eleanor and the children leaving Campobello?
2. Which child is called "the runt" in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Eleanor hand to Missy in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Which character describes FDR as having "the body of a bull - disposition of a lamb?"
5. What does FDR receive from Granny in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sara anger Mr. Howe in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why does FDR tell Missy to change his membership status at the Golf Club?
3. Why do FDR and Sara argue in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. What is the significance of Sara's presence in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Why does Dr. Bennett describe FDR has having the "body of a bull -- disposition of a lamb"?
6. Describe FDR in Act 1, Scene 1.
7. How does FDR respond to Mr. Lassiter in Act 3, Scene 1?
8. What struggles does Anna have in Act 2?
9. How do the speakers on the platform gain the crowd's attention in Act 3, Scene 3?
10. What does the speaker in Act 3, Scene 3 yell at the delegates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the effects of polio on FDR's character. How does the support or lack thereof that family and friends provide affect his recovery? What effect could paralysis have on FDR's political future? What role does the public's acceptance of FDR play in his decision to remain active in politics?
Essay Topic 2
What vulnerabilities does FDR demonstrate? How does FDR express the fears his vulnerabilities create? How do other characters attempt to protect FDR's vulnerabilities, and what effect do their actions have on his character?
Essay Topic 3
How does FDR demonstrate his determination and resourcefulness in the play? Compare FDR's need for determination and resourcefulness both before and after his illness. How does polio strengthen FDR? What effect could his determination and resourcefulness have on his ability to lead others?
This section contains 2,041 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)