|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eleanor going in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To speak with a lawyer.
(b) To have tea with Al Smith's wife.
(c) To get the newspapers.
(d) To make political speeches on FDR's behalf.
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, who attends the speech Eleanor has given?
(a) The members of the Democratic nominating committee.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) 300 women.
(d) 300 men.
3. When is Act 3, Scene 2 set?
(a) June of 1924.
(b) August of 1921.
(c) May of 1922.
(d) January of 1923.
4. What does Mr. Howe ask Missy to check in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) For obstacles on the platform.
(b) The size of the crowd.
(c) Dinner reservations.
(d) The press handouts.
5. How does FDR acknowledge the crowd in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He nods his head.
(b) He waves his right hand.
(c) He smiles broadly.
(d) He waves both hands high in the air.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state does the chairman of the convention represent?
2. How does FDR respond to Mr. Lassiter's opposition to Al Smith?
3. In Act 3, Scene 3, what has accumulated for the other delegates?
4. Which state is also known as the "Nutmeg State"?
5. What does Missy bring FDR at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)