|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, who attends the speech Eleanor has given?
(a) The members of the Democratic nominating committee.
(b) 300 men.
(c) 300 women.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
2. How does FDR respond to Mr. Lassiter's opposition to Al Smith?
(a) He dictates a letter that removes his support of Al Smith.
(b) He decides to write an article for the newspaper.
(c) He calls Al Smith on the phone.
(d) He dictates a letter that indicates his support of Al Smith.
3. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, who is wrestling with Elliott and Franklin Jr.?
(b) Mr. Howe.
4. According to Al Smith, what is the first objective of a politician?
(a) To be elected.
(b) To make as few waves as possible.
(c) To fight for causes.
(d) To keep his head above water.
5. How does FDR plan to stand without crutches?
(a) By leaning on the platform.
(b) By locking his leg braces in place.
(c) By having Mr. Howe support his weight from behind.
(d) By leaning back on a tall stool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Howe drink in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does FDR attempt to do when alone at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. How does the chairman gain the attention of the crowd?
4. What does Mr. Howe ask Missy to check in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Where is Act 3, Scene 3 set?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)