|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 3, what request does the speaker make of the crowd?
(a) Pick up your messages at the front desk.
(b) Pay your hotel bills.
(c) Please sign all necessary documents before leaving.
(d) Pick up your mail.
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does Mr. Howe read to FDR?
(a) An article from the paper.
(b) An article from a medical journal.
(c) The poem "Invictus."
(d) A monologue from a play.
3. Why does Mr. Lassiter oppose Al Smith's bid for president?
(a) The organization has knowlege of a sordid affair.
(b) The Democrats do not support Smith.
(c) Al Smith is Catholic.
(d) Al Smith is a Republican.
4. When is Act 3, Scene 2 set?
(a) June of 1924.
(b) August of 1921.
(c) January of 1923.
(d) May of 1922.
5. Where is Act 2, Scene 2, set?
(a) At the Roosevelts' summer home in Canada.
(b) Hyde Park.
(c) The Roosevelts' New York house.
(d) The Polo Grounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 3, Scene 3, what has accumulated for the other delegates?
2. Which character leaves the stage with Missy in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What concern does Eleanor have for FDR if he decides to help Al Smith?
4. How does FDR respond to Mr. Lassiter's opposition to Al Smith?
5. How does FDR acknowledge the crowd in Act 3, Scene 3?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)