|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Al Smith want FDR to do for him?
(a) Nominate him at the upcoming national convention.
(b) Write a speech for him.
(c) Submit a proposal at the Republican National Convention.
(d) Publicly voice support for his bid as governor of New York.
2. Why does Mr. Lassiter oppose Al Smith's bid for president?
(a) The organization has knowlege of a sordid affair.
(b) Al Smith is Catholic.
(c) The Democrats do not support Smith.
(d) Al Smith is a Republican.
3. Why does Mr. Howe leave the house in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To have dinner with his family.
(b) To buy newspapers.
(c) To buy cigarettes.
(d) Because Sara is coming.
4. Which speaker does the chairman introduce in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) President Coolidge.
(b) Senator Truman.
(d) Senator Walsh.
5. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, who is wrestling with Elliott and Franklin Jr.?
(c) Mr. Howe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state does the chairman call first in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. How does FDR acknowledge the crowd in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Which state yields to New York?
4. Which character enters frantically in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Where is Act 3, Scene 3 set?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)