|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which controversial organization does William McAdoo support?
(a) The League of Nations.
(b) The Ku Klux Klan.
(c) Movement for a Democratic Society.
2. What type of attitude has Al Smith had toward FDR in the past?
3. According to Al Smith, what is the first objective of a politician?
(a) To keep his head above water.
(b) To fight for causes.
(c) To be elected.
(d) To make as few waves as possible.
4. Why does Mr. Howe leave the house in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To buy newspapers.
(b) To have dinner with his family.
(c) To buy cigarettes.
(d) Because Sara is coming.
5. Which famous sports figure supports Al Smith?
(a) Babe Ruth.
(b) Jim Thorpe.
(c) Jack Dempsey.
(d) Ty Cobb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Howe drink in Act 3, Scene 1?
2. What does Eleanor recommend for Mr. Howe's lingering cough?
3. Which speaker does the chairman introduce in Act 3, Scene 3?
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, where does FDR decide to display the gift he has been given?
5. What concern does Eleanor have for FDR if he decides to help Al Smith?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)