|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does FDR want to do before he leaves?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Dictate a letter.
(c) Look around the room.
(d) Telephone his lawyer.
2. Where is FDR being transported to in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) New York.
(b) Hyde Park.
3. Who is assigned the title role in the evening's play reading?
4. Who is Babs?
(a) FDR's personal secretary.
(b) FDR's wife.
(c) The Roosevelts' cook.
(d) FDR's political adviser.
5. How many sons does FDR have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opening of Act 1, Scene 1, where has FDR been all day?
2. What does Eleanor not want her children to see?
3. Which character nervously fiddles with FDR's hat in Act 1, Scene 3, before handing it to him?
4. What does Anna complain to Eleanor about in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Why does Missy chase the children away from Eleanor at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of FDR's comment about taking his dog Duffy for a long run in the woods?
2. Why does Mr. Lassiter oppose Al Smith's bid for the presidency?
3. What opinion does FDR have of Al Smith?
4. Why does FDR ask Missy to procure a blueprint of Madison Square Garden?
5. How does FDR respond to Mr. Lassiter in Act 3, Scene 1?
6. What does FDR comment about as he reads the paper in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does FDR suspect that the Democratic Party wants him to do?
8. In Act 1, Scene 3, why does Sara disagree with Mr. Howe and Eleanor about the method they are using to transport FDR to New York?
9. Describe the scene in which FDR finds himself in Scene 3 of Act 3.
10. What is the purpose of Mr. Lassiter's visit?
This section contains 1,284 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)