|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character comforts Jimmy about FDR's condition at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(d) Louis Howe.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, where does Eleanor wish FDR could be moved?
(b) To their home in Hyde Park.
(c) To the large hospital in Columbus.
(d) To a modern hospital in New York.
3. What diagnosis does Dr. Lovett give for FDR's condition?
(a) Infantile paralysis.
(b) Guillain-Barre syndrome.
(c) A clot on the spinal cord.
(d) Spina bifida.
4. Which parts of FDR's body are obviously still paralyzed at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) His legs and back.
(b) His arms and hands.
(c) His right arm and leg.
(d) His arms, back and legs.
5. Which two characters argue about FDR's future at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Sara and Mr. Howe.
(b) Anna and Eleanor.
(c) Sara and Eleanor.
(d) Eleanor and Mr. Howe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does FDR receive from Granny in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Sara plan to discuss with FDR at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who told FDR, "It is only once in a generation that a people can be lifted above material things."
4. Which character is dressed as an Indian at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What does Mr. Howe give up in order to assist FDR in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the crowd react to FDR in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. How does FDR's experience with polio affect his character?
3. What is the significance of FDR's attempt to walk at the end of Act 2?
4. What is the purpose of Mr. Lassiter's visit?
5. What does FDR comment about as he reads the paper in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does FDR suspect that the Democratic Party wants him to do?
7. What does FDR mean in Act 1, Scene 1, when he asks Eleanor to keep him from "getting into deep water"?
8. How does Mr. Howe comfort Jimmy in Act 1, Scene 2?
9. What would Sara like to have FDR do in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. What does the speaker in Act 3, Scene 3 yell at the delegates?
This section contains 1,314 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)