|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character describes FDR as having "the body of a bull - disposition of a lamb?"
(a) Mr. Howe.
(c) Dr. Bennett.
2. How many daughters does FDR have?
3. Why isn't there a phone in the house?
(a) Phone service was not available in Canada until after WWII.
(b) The house is too far away from the main town.
(c) FDR did not wish to have a phone installed.
(d) The phone had not been invented yet.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does FDR retrieve stamps that have fallen on the floor?
(a) He calls Eleanor.
(b) He buzzes for Missy.
(c) Using a gadget with an extension arm.
(d) He has trained Duffy to retrieve dropped items.
5. Which character is dressed as an Indian at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, which character does FDR ask to come to the hospital on Thursday morning?
2. What does FDR want to do before he leaves?
3. Where is FDR being transported to in Act 1, Scene 3?
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Eleanor vow to never do again?
5. Why doesn't Eleanor get a private nurse to tend FDR?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does FDR respond to the crowd in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. How does FDR respond to Mr. Lassiter in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Describe FDR and Mr. Howe's relationship.
4. Why does Eleanor burst into tears while reading a story to her children?
5. Describe Sara.
6. What would Sara like to have FDR do in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. What information is given to the press about FDR's condition in Act 1, Scene 3?
8. Describe Eleanor.
9. How does Mr. Howe prevent the press from photographing FDR while he is being carried out of the house?
10. How do the speakers on the platform gain the crowd's attention in Act 3, Scene 3?
This section contains 1,309 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)