|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Eleanor and the children leaving Campobello?
(a) On a train.
(b) On a boat.
(c) In a small private plane.
(d) In the family car.
2. Which child is called "the runt" in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does Anna complain to Eleanor about in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The rearranging of the furniture.
(b) The amount of time Eleanor spends out of the house.
(d) Giving up her room to Mr. Howe.
4. What news bothers FDR as he reads the paper in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The high crime rate.
(b) The price of oil.
(c) The high unemployment figures.
(d) Germany's troop movements.
5. Which character believes that FDR's destiny is in politics?
(d) Mr. Howe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prognosis does Dr. Lovett have about FDR's symptoms?
2. Who is Grace?
3. What language does Marie primarily speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Who is Missy LeHand?
5. Which character does Sara accuse of riding on FDR's coattails?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do FDR and Mr. Howe disagree about the ending of his speech in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Describe FDR in Act 1, Scene 1.
3. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 1.
4. How does FDR calm his nerves in Scene 2 of Act 3 as he waits to deliver his speech?
5. Why does FDR ask Missy to procure a blueprint of Madison Square Garden?
6. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does FDR suspect that the Democratic Party wants him to do?
7. Why does FDR continue to conduct business throughout his illness?
8. How does Woodrow Wilson's letter affect FDR?
9. What does FDR comment about as he reads the paper in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. How does Sara anger Mr. Howe in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)