|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes FDR's speeches?
(b) Mr. Howe.
2. What does Eleanor do for her children at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Hugs and kisses each one.
(b) Tucks them into bed.
(c) Sings them a song.
(d) Reads them a story.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Mr. Howe wish that the house contained?
(a) Indoor toliets.
(b) A phone.
(c) A fax machine.
(d) Electric lighting.
4. What language does Marie primarily speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Why can't FDR wear his leg braces?
(a) They don't fit under his trousers.
(b) They are painful.
(c) One of the straps is broken.
(d) They don't fit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character wishes FDR could go to Hyde Park to rest?
2. Which character dances for FDR in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. In the opening of Act 1, Scene 1, where has FDR been all day?
4. What does FDR want to do before he leaves?
5. What does FDR receive from Granny in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does FDR's experience with polio affect his character?
2. What does FDR comment about as he reads the paper in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is the significance of FDR's attempt to walk at the end of Act 2?
4. What is the purpose of Mr. Lassiter's visit?
5. Describe Sara.
6. How does Mr. Howe prevent the press from photographing FDR while he is being carried out of the house?
7. Why does FDR ask Missy to procure a blueprint of Madison Square Garden?
8. Why do FDR and Mr. Howe disagree about the ending of his speech in Act 3, Scene 2?
9. How does FDR's illness affect his body?
10. How does FDR calm his nerves in Scene 2 of Act 3 as he waits to deliver his speech?
This section contains 1,293 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)