|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 3, which character is left behind to close up the house at Campobello?
(b) Mr. Howe.
2. When is Act 2, Scene 1 set?
(a) Summer of 1921.
(b) Spring of 1922.
(c) Fall of 1924.
(d) Winter of 1923
3. Which child is called "the runt" in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Which character offers to help with the children in Act 1, Scene 2?
(c) Mr. Howe.
5. Which character comforts Jimmy about FDR's condition at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(d) Louis Howe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Mr. Howe wish that the house contained?
2. Where is Act 2, Scene, 1 set?
3. Which parts of FDR's body are obviously still paralyzed at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. What plan does Mr. Howe devise to prevent reporters from seeing FDR on a stretcher?
5. Who writes FDR's speeches?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does FDR respond to the crowd in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. What opinion does FDR have of Al Smith?
3. What is Jimmy's role in Scene 3 of Act 3?
4. What struggles does Anna have in Act 2?
5. How does the general public react to the news of FDR's disability?
6. Why does Dr. Bennett describe FDR has having the "body of a bull -- disposition of a lamb"?
7. Describe Louis Howe.
8. How does FDR interact with his children after his illness?
9. How does FDR's physical infirmity begin in Act 1, Scene 1?
10. How does Mr. Howe comfort Jimmy in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 1,245 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)