|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Harding?
(a) FDR's personal secretary.
(b) The current president of the United States in Act 1, Scene 1.
(c) FDR's political adviser.
(d) The caretaker of the Roosevelts' summer home .
2. Why does Missy chase the children away from Eleanor at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Eleanor is crying.
(b) She knows that Eleanor is exhausted.
(c) She needs to speak to Eleanor in private.
(d) FDR wants to see Eleanor.
3. Why had FDR been unable to hold a spoon?
(a) His hands had been shaking.
(b) His arms were too sore.
(c) His fever was too high.
(d) His arms and hands had been temporarily paralyzed.
4. Who is assigned the title role in the evening's play reading?
5. Why does Johnny dislike Mr. Howe?
(a) He always takes FDR away from the family.
(b) He has a frightening face.
(c) His coughing and incense keep Johnny awake at night.
(d) He often frowns at Johnny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which child is called "the runt" in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What news bothers FDR as he reads the paper in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. Which character is described at the best progressive in the country?
4. What does FDR believe he is meant to learn though his illness?
5. Where is Act 2, Scene, 1 set?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does FDR mean in Act 1, Scene 1, when he asks Eleanor to keep him from "getting into deep water"?
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, why does Sara disagree with Mr. Howe and Eleanor about the method they are using to transport FDR to New York?
3. How does FDR use his creativity and industriousness to aid in his own recovery?
4. Why do Sara and Mr. Howe argue in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. How does FDR respond to Mr. Lassiter in Act 3, Scene 1?
6. What is the significance of FDR changing into his leg braces in Act 3, Scene 2?
7. How does FDR's illness affect his body?
8. How could FDR be lonely in a house full of people?
9. What epiphany does FDR experience about his mother at the end of Act 2?
10. What would Sara like to have FDR do in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 1,419 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)