|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 1, Scene 3, which character is left behind to close up the house at Campobello?
(b) Mr. Howe.
2. Why had FDR been unable to hold a spoon?
(a) His hands had been shaking.
(b) His arms and hands had been temporarily paralyzed.
(c) His arms were too sore.
(d) His fever was too high.
3. Which character offers to help with the children in Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Mr. Howe.
4. Who is Duffy?
(a) The caretaker of the Roosevelts' summer home .
(b) A black Scottish terrier.
(c) FDR's driver.
(d) FDR's political adviser.
5. Which character comforts Jimmy about FDR's condition at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Louis Howe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Mr. Howe wish that the house contained?
2. What diagnosis does Dr. Lovett give for FDR's condition?
3. Which character describes FDR as having "the body of a bull - disposition of a lamb?"
4. According to FDR, what has given him strength through his illness?
5. How do the children feel about their father's condition in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the speaker in Act 3, Scene 3 yell at the delegates?
2. Why do FDR and Sara argue in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Describe the family's evening entertainment in Act 1, Scene 1.
4. Describe Louis Howe.
5. How does FDR's physical infirmity begin in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. How does FDR interact with his children after his illness?
7. How does FDR's illness affect his body?
8. Describe Sara.
9. How does Eleanor aid her husband in Act 2?
10. Why does FDR tell Missy to change his membership status at the Golf Club?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)