|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does the Roosevelt family decide to do after dinner?
(a) Read the play "Julius Caesar."
(b) Read one of Ibsen's plays.
(c) Re-enact "Green Grow the Lilacs."
(d) Sing songs from "Show Boat."
2. Whom does Eleanor fire in Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) Mr. Howe.
(d) The maid.
3. Who is Grace?
(a) Mr. Howe's wife.
(b) A nurse.
(c) Mr. Howe's personal secretary.
(d) FDR's personal secretary.
4. Who is Babs?
(a) FDR's personal secretary.
(b) FDR's political adviser.
(c) FDR's wife.
(d) The Roosevelts' cook.
5. Whom do the children cheer for at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Mrs. McGowan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Act 2, Scene, 1 set?
2. Which two characters argue about FDR's future at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Mr. Howe wish that the house contained?
4. Which parts of FDR's body are obviously still paralyzed at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What does Eleanor not want her children to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, why does Sara disagree with Mr. Howe and Eleanor about the method they are using to transport FDR to New York?
2. What information is given to the press about FDR's condition in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. How does FDR respond to Mr. Lassiter in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. How does FDR respond to the crowd in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. Why does FDR refer to Jimmy as a "man of iron"?
6. What does FDR mean in Act 1, Scene 1, when he asks Eleanor to keep him from "getting into deep water"?
7. Why do FDR and Sara argue in Act 2, Scene 2?
8. How does FDR fill his day while recuperating in his New York home?
9. How does Sara anger Mr. Howe in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. Why do Sara and Mr. Howe argue in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)