|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Howe give up in order to assist FDR in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) A family reunion.
(b) A lucrative job in Washington, D.C.
(c) A chance to work in Parliament.
(d) A family vacation.
2. How much time has passed between the end of Act 1, Scene 1, and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
3. Where is FDR planning to go to find new leg braces?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) Washington, D.C.
4. What does the family first believe was the cause of FDR's discomfort?
(a) A pulled muscle.
(b) The cold water.
(c) A cold.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does FDR retrieve stamps that have fallen on the floor?
(a) He buzzes for Missy.
(b) He calls Eleanor.
(c) Using a gadget with an extension arm.
(d) He has trained Duffy to retrieve dropped items.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor not want her children to see?
2. Who is Grace?
3. Where is Act 2, Scene, 1 set?
4. How is FDR leaving Campobello?
5. Which character offers to help with the children in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of FDR changing into his leg braces in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Why does Eleanor burst into tears while reading a story to her children?
3. How does Mr. Howe comfort Jimmy in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Why do FDR and Sara argue in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is the significance of FDR's attempt to walk at the end of Act 2?
6. Why does Mr. Lassiter oppose Al Smith's bid for the presidency?
7. What does FDR mean in Act 1, Scene 1, when he asks Eleanor to keep him from "getting into deep water"?
8. Describe Louis Howe.
9. Describe the setting of Act 1, Scene 1.
10. How does FDR's illness affect his body?
This section contains 1,200 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)