|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which parts of FDR's body are obviously still paralyzed at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) His legs and back.
(b) His arms and hands.
(c) His right arm and leg.
(d) His arms, back and legs.
2. What prognosis does Dr. Lovett have about FDR's symptoms?
(a) FDR will recover completely.
(b) FDR will be permanently paralyzed.
(c) He is unsure of the outcome.
(d) FDR will be partially paralyzed.
3. Who writes FDR's speeches?
(c) Mr. Howe.
4. Why does Johnny dislike Mr. Howe?
(a) He often frowns at Johnny.
(b) He always takes FDR away from the family.
(c) His coughing and incense keep Johnny awake at night.
(d) He has a frightening face.
5. Why does FDR feel lonely in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The children are away at school.
(b) None of his friends visit.
(c) He cannot be involved in other people's lives.
(d) Eleanor spends most of her day at social clubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character describes FDR as having "the body of a bull - disposition of a lamb?"
2. How much time has passed between the end of Act 1, Scene 1, and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Mr. Howe buy in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Which two characters argue about FDR's future at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does FDR claim is Mr. Howe's first love?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Woodrow Wilson's letter affect FDR?
2. Why do Sara and Mr. Howe argue in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does FDR mean in Act 1, Scene 1, when he asks Eleanor to keep him from "getting into deep water"?
4. Why does FDR ask Missy to procure a blueprint of Madison Square Garden?
5. How does Eleanor aid her husband in Act 2?
6. How does the crowd react to FDR in Act 3, Scene 3?
7. How does FDR calm his nerves in Scene 2 of Act 3 as he waits to deliver his speech?
8. Describe Eleanor.
9. Why does FDR tell Missy to change his membership status at the Golf Club?
10. What epiphany does FDR experience about his mother at the end of Act 2?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)