|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children do the Roosevelts have?
2. How are Eleanor and the children leaving Campobello?
(a) In a small private plane.
(b) On a boat.
(c) On a train.
(d) In the family car.
3. When is Act 2, Scene 1 set?
(a) Fall of 1924.
(b) Winter of 1923
(c) Spring of 1922.
(d) Summer of 1921.
4. Which character comforts Jimmy about FDR's condition at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Louis Howe.
5. Who is Eleanor?
(a) FDR's wife.
(b) FDR's mother.
(c) FDR's secretary.
(d) The Roosevelts' maid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do FDR and Jimmy do immediately before dinner in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. At the end of Act 1, Scene 3, which character is left behind to close up the house at Campobello?
3. What diagnosis does the first specialist in Act 1, Scene 2, give for FDR's condition?
4. Why isn't there a phone in the house?
5. Which character is described at the best progressive in the country?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does FDR interact with his children after his illness?
2. Describe Eleanor.
3. How could FDR be lonely in a house full of people?
4. Describe the scene in which FDR finds himself in Scene 3 of Act 3.
5. What is FDR's mood upon leaving the house in Act 1, Scene 3?
6. Describe FDR and Mr. Howe's relationship.
7. How does FDR use his creativity and industriousness to aid in his own recovery?
8. What does FDR comment about as he reads the paper in Act 1, Scene 1?
9. Why does FDR refer to Jimmy as a "man of iron"?
10. What is the significance of FDR changing into his leg braces in Act 3, Scene 2?
This section contains 1,236 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)