|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is FDR being transported to in Act 1, Scene 3?
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) New York.
2. Who sends a letter that brightens FDR's mood in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Warren G. Harding.
(b) Dr. Bennett.
(c) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) James M. Cox.
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Eleanor vow to never do again?
(a) Jump at a man's call.
(b) Cry in front of the children.
(c) Read the newspaper.
(d) Leave her husband alone.
4. What does the family first believe was the cause of FDR's discomfort?
(a) A cold.
(c) The cold water.
(d) A pulled muscle.
5. Which character nervously fiddles with FDR's hat in Act 1, Scene 3, before handing it to him?
(c) Mr. Howe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opinion does Sara have of Mr. Howe?
2. Why does Johnny dislike Mr. Howe?
3. How many children do the Roosevelts have?
4. Which character is dressed as an Indian at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Who is Duffy?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does FDR calm his nerves in Scene 2 of Act 3 as he waits to deliver his speech?
2. Why does FDR tell Missy to change his membership status at the Golf Club?
3. How does Eleanor aid her husband in Act 2?
4. Describe FDR and Mr. Howe's relationship.
5. What opinion does FDR have of Al Smith?
6. Describe Eleanor.
7. How does FDR's experience with polio affect his character?
8. Why does Mr. Lassiter oppose Al Smith's bid for the presidency?
9. Why does FDR ask Missy to procure a blueprint of Madison Square Garden?
10. What purpose does FDR believe his infirmity serves?
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)