|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna complain to Eleanor about in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Giving up her room to Mr. Howe.
(b) The rearranging of the furniture.
(d) The amount of time Eleanor spends out of the house.
2. Who is Missy LeHand?
(a) FDR's private secretary.
(b) The caretaker of the Roosevelts' summer home .
(c) FDR's political adviser.
(d) The Roosevelt's maid.
3. Since FDR cannot travel easily, what does Mr. Howe recommend he do to stay in touch with the public?
(a) Give radio addresses.
(b) Hold press conferences.
(d) Give speeches from his balcony.
4. What sends FDR to bed early in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) An attack of indigestion.
(b) A sharp pain in his right leg.
(c) A sudden pain in his back.
(d) A throbbing headache.
5. Why does Johnny dislike Mr. Howe?
(a) He has a frightening face.
(b) He often frowns at Johnny.
(c) His coughing and incense keep Johnny awake at night.
(d) He always takes FDR away from the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eleanor hand to Missy in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Which character does Sara accuse of riding on FDR's coattails?
3. Which character is dressed as an Indian at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
4. Which character believes that FDR's destiny is in politics?
5. Why isn't there a phone in the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does FDR tell Missy to change his membership status at the Golf Club?
2. Why does Dr. Bennett describe FDR has having the "body of a bull -- disposition of a lamb"?
3. How does FDR's physical infirmity begin in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does FDR suspect that the Democratic Party wants him to do?
5. Why doesn't Sara like Mr. Howe?
6. What concerns do both FDR and Al Smith have about the assistance he will provide Smith?
7. How does FDR's illness affect his body?
8. What is the significance of FDR's attempt to walk at the end of Act 2?
9. How does Mr. Howe comfort Jimmy in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. Describe Louis Howe.
This section contains 1,267 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)