|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do the children cheer for at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(c) Mrs. McGowan.
2. Why does Mr. Howe encourage Missy to pretend that everything is normal around FDR?
(a) The doctor recommended humoring him.
(b) No one wants to upset FDR.
(c) A nurse recommended humoring him.
(d) FDR wants everyone to believe that he will be well again.
3. What diagnosis does Dr. Lovett give for FDR's condition?
(a) A clot on the spinal cord.
(b) Spina bifida.
(c) Guillain-Barre syndrome.
(d) Infantile paralysis.
4. Why does Johnny dislike Mr. Howe?
(a) He has a frightening face.
(b) He always takes FDR away from the family.
(c) He often frowns at Johnny.
(d) His coughing and incense keep Johnny awake at night.
5. What does FDR believe he is meant to learn though his illness?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family first believe was the cause of FDR's discomfort?
2. What language does Granny encourage the children to speak?
3. What prognosis does Dr. Lovett have about FDR's symptoms?
4. When is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
5. Where is Granny in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What meaning does the poem "Invictus" have for FDR?
2. What is the significance of FDR changing into his leg braces in Act 3, Scene 2?
3. Describe FDR and Mr. Howe's relationship.
4. What is the significance of FDR's comment about taking his dog Duffy for a long run in the woods?
5. What does the speaker in Act 3, Scene 3 yell at the delegates?
6. How does Sara anger Mr. Howe in Act 1, Scene 2?
7. Why do Sara and Mr. Howe argue in Act 1, Scene 2?
8. What is Jimmy's role in Scene 3 of Act 3?
9. Describe Sara.
10. What different diagnoses are given for FDR's condition?
This section contains 1,346 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)