|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Sara give FDR before leaving for the stage in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Look the chairman straight in the eye.
(b) Don't look down.
(c) Focus on your goal.
(d) Speak out loudly and clearly.
2. Which character leaves the stage with Missy in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Howe.
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does FDR claim to have learned during his illness?
4. Which child does FDR decide to have stand beside him at the national convention?
(b) Franklin Jr.
5. In Act 3, Scene 3, how many steps must FDR take to reach the podium?
6. Where is Act 2, Scene 2, set?
(a) At the Roosevelts' summer home in Canada.
(b) Hyde Park.
(c) The living room of the Roosevelts' New York house.
(d) City Hall.
7. Where is Act 2, Scene 2, set?
(a) The Roosevelts' New York house.
(b) At the Roosevelts' summer home in Canada.
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) The Polo Grounds.
8. In Act 3, Scene 3, what song does the band play as FDR begins to walk on the platform?
(a) "Sidewalks of New York."
(b) The national anthem.
(c) "God Bless America."
(d) "New York, New York."
9. What is FDR doing behind the screen in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Practicing his speech.
(b) Changing his shirt.
(d) Putting on his leg braces.
10. What does Eleanor recommend for Mr. Howe's lingering cough?
(b) Cough syrup.
(d) A steam tent.
11. What does Anna complain about in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her room.
(c) The temperature of the soup.
(d) Her old coat.
12. Which character tells FDR, "God bless you." in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Howe.
13. In Act 2, Scene 2, who attends the speech Eleanor has given?
(a) The members of the Democratic nominating committee.
(b) 300 men.
(c) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) 300 women.
14. What does Mr. Howe ask Missy to check in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The press handouts.
(b) For obstacles on the platform.
(c) The size of the crowd.
(d) Dinner reservations.
15. According to Al Smith, what is the first objective of a politician?
(a) To be elected.
(b) To keep his head above water.
(c) To fight for causes.
(d) To make as few waves as possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does FDR break up the law firm he has with Emmett and Marvin?
2. When is Act 2, Scene 2, set?
3. What does Missy bring FDR at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. Which famous sports figure supports Al Smith?
5. How does FDR acknowledge the crowd in Act 3, Scene 3?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)