|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does FDR claim to have learned during his illness?
2. How does FDR acknowledge the crowd in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He smiles broadly.
(b) He nods his head.
(c) He waves his right hand.
(d) He waves both hands high in the air.
3. What office does Al Smith hold in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. Which character does FDR refer to as a "man of iron"?
(a) Mr. Howe.
(d) Al Smith.
5. What does Anna complain about in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Her room.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The temperature of the soup.
(d) Her old coat.
6. When is Act 3, Scene 3 set?
(a) May of 1922.
(b) January of 1923.
(c) June of 1924.
(d) August of 1921.
7. How does FDR plan to stand without crutches?
(a) By leaning on the platform.
(b) By leaning back on a tall stool.
(c) By having Mr. Howe support his weight from behind.
(d) By locking his leg braces in place.
8. What organization does Newton Baker want to submit a resolution for the Democratic party to support?
(c) Movement for a Democratic Society.
(d) The League of Nations.
9. What blueprint does FDR instruct Missy to get at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The platform in Madison Square Garden.
(b) The house in Canada.
(c) The house in New York.
(d) The house in Hyde Park.
10. What state does the chairman call first in Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) New York.
11. What is FDR doing behind the screen in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Putting on his leg braces.
(b) Changing his shirt.
(d) Practicing his speech.
12. Who is the chairman of the convention?
(a) Senator Truman.
(b) Governor Smith.
(c) Louis Hyde.
(d) Senator Walsh.
13. What is one of FDR's favorite poems?
(a) "Sunrise at Campobello."
(b) "Two Woods."
(d) "Gluteus Maximus."
14. Why does Mr. Lassiter oppose Al Smith's bid for president?
(a) The organization has knowlege of a sordid affair.
(b) The Democrats do not support Smith.
(c) Al Smith is Catholic.
(d) Al Smith is a Republican.
15. Which character tells FDR, "God bless you." in Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) Mr. Howe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two characters argue at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Why doesn't FDR eat dinner with his family at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Where is Act 2, Scene 2, set?
4. What does Missy bring FDR at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. In Act 3, Scene 3, how does the crowd react to FDR when he begins to walk on the platform?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)