|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Act 3, Scene 3 set?
(a) The Roosevelts' New York house.
(b) Madison Square Garden.
(c) The Roosevelts' summer home in Canada.
(d) Hyde Park.
2. What does FDR convince Al Smith to put on the schedule of the Democratic National Convention?
(a) A debate about the effectiveness of ACORN.
(b) A resolution to support NATO.
(c) A resolution to deny support for the Movement for a Democratic Society.
(d) A resolution to support the League of Nations.
3. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does FDR decide to do about his Golf Club membership?
(a) Cancel it.
(b) Renew it in hopes of returning to the greens.
(c) Change his status from "active" to "non-resident."
(d) Let it expire.
4. Why does FDR break up the law firm he has with Emmett and Marvin?
(a) He was losing money.
(b) He doesn't have the time to spend at the practice.
(c) He finds the law work boring.
(d) He decides to spend more time on his political work.
5. Why does Mr. Lassiter oppose Al Smith's bid for president?
(a) The organization has knowlege of a sordid affair.
(b) The Democrats do not support Smith.
(c) Al Smith is a Republican.
(d) Al Smith is Catholic.
6. What does Anna complain about in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her room.
(c) Her old coat.
(d) The temperature of the soup.
7. Who is coming to dinner in Act 2, Scene 2?
(c) Mr. Howe.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
8. What state does the chairman of the convention represent?
(a) New York.
9. Which controversial organization does William McAdoo support?
(b) The Ku Klux Klan.
(c) Movement for a Democratic Society.
(d) The League of Nations.
10. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does FDR claim to have learned during his illness?
11. Who does FDR believe will win the Democratic nomination in 1924?
(a) James M. Cox.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Al Smith.
(d) William McAdoo.
12. What does Eleanor recommend for Mr. Howe's lingering cough?
(b) Cough syrup.
(c) A steam tent.
13. Which famous sports figure supports Al Smith?
(a) Ty Cobb.
(b) Jack Dempsey.
(c) Jim Thorpe.
(d) Babe Ruth.
14. Who kisses FDR before leaving for the stage in Act 3, Scene 2?
15. What does Mr. Howe drink in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A soft drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does FDR refer to as a "man of iron"?
2. Who is the chairman of the convention?
3. Why must the speakers on the platform yell?
4. How does FDR respond to Mr. Lassiter's opposition to Al Smith?
5. How does FDR plan to stand without crutches?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)