|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which speaker does the chairman introduce in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) President Coolidge.
(b) Senator Walsh.
(d) Senator Truman.
2. What does Anna complain about in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The temperature of the soup.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her old coat.
(d) Her room.
3. How does FDR stop Anna's complaints in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He threatens to send her away to school.
(b) He bribes her.
(c) He gives her the room she wants.
(d) He tells her a story.
4. Which character leaves the stage with Missy in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Howe.
5. Which two characters argue at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Howe and FDR.
(b) Sara and Mr. Howe.
(c) FDR and Sara.
(d) Anna and Eleanor.
6. What concern does Eleanor have for FDR if he decides to help Al Smith?
(a) FDR would be supporting the underdog.
(b) FDR would be away from home for three weeks.
(c) FDR would have to stand for nearly 45 minutes.
(d) Al Smith is not an honest man.
7. Which child does FDR decide to have stand beside him at the national convention?
(a) Franklin Jr.
8. Where is Act 3, Scene 2 set?
(a) The Roosevelts' summer home in Canada.
(b) Madison Square Garden.
(c) The Roosevelts' New York house.
(d) Hyde Park.
9. Who is coming to dinner in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(d) Mr. Howe.
10. Where is Act 2, Scene 2, set?
(a) City Hall.
(b) The living room of the Roosevelts' New York house.
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) At the Roosevelts' summer home in Canada.
11. Which character does FDR refer to as a "man of iron"?
(a) Mr. Howe.
(b) Al Smith.
12. What do FDR and Mr. Howe disagree on in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The length of his speech.
(b) The opening of his speech.
(c) The ending of the speech.
(d) His movement on the platform.
13. Who is with FDR when he meets Mr. Lassiter?
(a) No one.
(c) Mr. Howe.
14. When is Act 2, Scene 2, set?
(a) Spring of 1922.
(b) Summer of 1921.
(c) January of 1923.
(d) Fall of 1924.
15. Which state is also known as the "Nutmeg State"?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Act 2, Scene 2, set?
2. What does Mr. Howe drink in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. In Act 3, Scene 3, what song does the band play as FDR begins to walk on the platform?
4. What does FDR attempt to do when alone at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What does Mr. Lassiter represent?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)