|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of FDR's children is present in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(c) Franklin Jr.
2. What is one of FDR's favorite poems?
(b) "Two Woods."
(c) "Sunrise at Campobello."
(d) "Gluteus Maximus."
3. Who kisses FDR before leaving for the stage in Act 3, Scene 2?
4. Why does Mr. Howe leave the house in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) To buy newspapers.
(b) To buy cigarettes.
(c) To have dinner with his family.
(d) Because Sara is coming.
5. How does FDR acknowledge the crowd in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He waves both hands high in the air.
(b) He smiles broadly.
(c) He nods his head.
(d) He waves his right hand.
6. Who is coming to dinner in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) Mr. Howe.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
7. What organization does Newton Baker want to submit a resolution for the Democratic party to support?
(b) The League of Nations.
(d) Movement for a Democratic Society.
8. What state does the chairman call first in Act 3, Scene 3?
(b) New York.
9. Why does FDR break up the law firm he has with Emmett and Marvin?
(a) He decides to spend more time on his political work.
(b) He doesn't have the time to spend at the practice.
(c) He was losing money.
(d) He finds the law work boring.
10. In Act 2, Scene 2, who attends the speech Eleanor has given?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(b) The members of the Democratic nominating committee.
(c) 300 men.
(d) 300 women.
11. What blueprint does FDR instruct Missy to get at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The house in New York.
(b) The house in Hyde Park.
(c) The platform in Madison Square Garden.
(d) The house in Canada.
12. Which speaker does the chairman introduce in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Senator Walsh.
(c) President Coolidge.
(d) Senator Truman.
13. Why doesn't FDR eat dinner with his family at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is upset about Anna's behavior.
(b) He is not feeling well.
(c) He just had an argument with his mother.
(d) He just had an argument with Mr. Howe.
14. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does FDR decide to do about his Golf Club membership?
(a) Change his status from "active" to "non-resident."
(b) Let it expire.
(c) Renew it in hopes of returning to the greens.
(d) Cancel it.
15. Which character does the policeman briefly apprehend in Act 3, Scene 2?
(b) Franklin Jr.
(d) Mr. Howe
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Act 2, Scene 2, set?
2. How does FDR stop Anna's complaints in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What office does Al Smith hold in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. In Act 3, Scene 3, how many steps must FDR take to reach the podium?
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does FDR tell Mr. Howe before his departure?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)