|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Act 3, Scene 3 set?
(a) January of 1923.
(b) June of 1924.
(c) May of 1922.
(d) August of 1921.
2. Which character does the policeman briefly apprehend in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Franklin Jr.
(d) Mr. Howe
3. When is Act 2, Scene 2, set?
(a) Winter of 1923
(b) Fall of 1924.
(c) Late summer of 1929.
(d) Spring of 1924.
4. What does Mr. Howe drink in Act 3, Scene 1?
(c) A soft drink.
5. How does Al Smith react to Missy's offer of a drink in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He reminds her alcohol is illegal and orders a Scotch.
(b) He is offended and reprimands her.
(c) He smiles and quietly asks for vermouth.
(d) He reminds her alcohol is illegal and orders coffee.
6. Which child does FDR decide to have stand beside him at the national convention?
(b) Franklin Jr.
7. How does FDR plan to stand without crutches?
(a) By having Mr. Howe support his weight from behind.
(b) By leaning back on a tall stool.
(c) By leaning on the platform.
(d) By locking his leg braces in place.
8. Which state is also known as the "Nutmeg State"?
(a) New York.
9. How does FDR respond to Mr. Lassiter's opposition to Al Smith?
(a) He decides to write an article for the newspaper.
(b) He dictates a letter that removes his support of Al Smith.
(c) He dictates a letter that indicates his support of Al Smith.
(d) He calls Al Smith on the phone.
10. What advice does Sara give FDR before leaving for the stage in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Don't look down.
(b) Focus on your goal.
(c) Speak out loudly and clearly.
(d) Look the chairman straight in the eye.
11. Who kisses FDR before leaving for the stage in Act 3, Scene 2?
12. Where is Act 3, Scene 3 set?
(a) Hyde Park.
(b) The Roosevelts' New York house.
(c) Madison Square Garden.
(d) The Roosevelts' summer home in Canada.
13. What office does Al Smith hold in Act 3, Scene 1?
14. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, who is wrestling with Elliott and Franklin Jr.?
(a) Mr. Howe.
15. How does FDR acknowledge the crowd in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He waves his right hand.
(b) He smiles broadly.
(c) He waves both hands high in the air.
(d) He nods his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does FDR claim to have learned during his illness?
2. Where is Eleanor going in Act 3, Scene 1?
3. Where is Act 3, Scene 2 set?
4. Which character tells FDR, "God bless you." in Act 3, Scene 2?
5. Who is the chairman of the convention?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)