|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Howe drink in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) A soft drink.
2. What state does the chairman of the convention represent?
(b) New York.
3. Which of FDR's children is present in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Franklin Jr.
4. Whose pictures are present on stage in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) FDR and Smith.
(b) Wilson and Jefferson.
(c) Coolidge and Hoover.
(d) Wilson and Smith.
5. What blueprint does FDR instruct Missy to get at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The platform in Madison Square Garden.
(b) The house in Hyde Park.
(c) The house in Canada.
(d) The house in New York.
6. In Act 2, Scene 2, who attends the speech Eleanor has given?
(a) 300 women.
(b) 300 men.
(c) The members of the Democratic nominating committee.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
7. Which child does FDR decide to have stand beside him at the national convention?
(a) Franklin Jr.
8. Who is the chairman of the convention?
(a) Governor Smith.
(b) Senator Walsh.
(c) Louis Hyde.
(d) Senator Truman.
9. Which state yields to New York?
(d) New York.
10. In Act 3, Scene 3, what has accumulated for the other delegates?
(a) Phone messages.
11. Where is Act 2, Scene 2, set?
(a) Hyde Park.
(b) The Roosevelts' New York house.
(c) The Polo Grounds.
(d) At the Roosevelts' summer home in Canada.
12. In Act 3, Scene 3, how many steps must FDR take to reach the podium?
13. How does FDR respond to Mr. Lassiter's opposition to Al Smith?
(a) He dictates a letter that indicates his support of Al Smith.
(b) He calls Al Smith on the phone.
(c) He dictates a letter that removes his support of Al Smith.
(d) He decides to write an article for the newspaper.
14. What has happened to Bourke Cockran in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He has died.
(b) He has left the country.
(c) He was sent to prison.
(d) He was struck with polio.
15. What is the gluteus maximus?
(a) The muscle running from the hips to the buttocks.
(b) A play the family reads in Act 2.
(c) The name of FDR's favorite poem.
(d) A Latin word for paralysis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character shakes FDR's hand before leaving for the stage in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. Why doesn't FDR eat dinner with his family at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What is one of FDR's favorite poems?
4. What does FDR convince Al Smith to put on the schedule of the Democratic National Convention?
5. According to Al Smith, what is the first objective of a politician?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)