|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna complain about in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) The temperature of the soup.
(b) Her room.
(c) Her old coat.
(d) Her mother.
2. What is Eleanor doing at the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. According to Al Smith, what is the first objective of a politician?
(a) To keep his head above water.
(b) To be elected.
(c) To make as few waves as possible.
(d) To fight for causes.
4. What does Mr. Howe drink in Act 3, Scene 1?
(d) A soft drink.
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, who attends the speech Eleanor has given?
(a) The members of the Democratic nominating committee.
(b) 300 women.
(c) 300 men.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
6. How does FDR acknowledge the crowd in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) He nods his head.
(b) He smiles broadly.
(c) He waves both hands high in the air.
(d) He waves his right hand.
7. What blueprint does FDR instruct Missy to get at the end of Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) The platform in Madison Square Garden.
(b) The house in Hyde Park.
(c) The house in New York.
(d) The house in Canada.
8. In Act 3, Scene 1, what does FDR decide to do about his Golf Club membership?
(a) Change his status from "active" to "non-resident."
(b) Renew it in hopes of returning to the greens.
(c) Let it expire.
(d) Cancel it.
9. What organization does Newton Baker want to submit a resolution for the Democratic party to support?
(b) The League of Nations.
(c) Movement for a Democratic Society.
10. Where is Eleanor going in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) To speak with a lawyer.
(b) To make political speeches on FDR's behalf.
(c) To have tea with Al Smith's wife.
(d) To get the newspapers.
11. Why does FDR break up the law firm he has with Emmett and Marvin?
(a) He finds the law work boring.
(b) He decides to spend more time on his political work.
(c) He doesn't have the time to spend at the practice.
(d) He was losing money.
12. In Act 3, Scene 3, what has accumulated for the other delegates?
(b) Phone messages.
13. In Act 2, Scene 2, where does FDR decide to display the gift he has been given?
(a) In his office.
(b) In his bedroom.
(c) In the front room.
(d) In the kitchen.
14. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does FDR tell Mr. Howe before his departure?
(a) Leave the paper.
(b) Thank you for everything.
(c) Go get 'em, boy.
(d) Never surrender.
15. What office does Al Smith hold in Act 3, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which state is also known as the "Nutmeg State"?
2. Which speaker does the chairman introduce in Act 3, Scene 3?
3. Why must the speakers on the platform yell?
4. How had Mr. Lassiter first contacted FDR?
5. In the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2, who is wrestling with Elliott and Franklin Jr.?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)