|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does FDR plan to stand without crutches?
(a) By leaning back on a tall stool.
(b) By locking his leg braces in place.
(c) By leaning on the platform.
(d) By having Mr. Howe support his weight from behind.
2. In Act 2, Scene 2, where does FDR decide to display the gift he has been given?
(a) In the front room.
(b) In his office.
(c) In his bedroom.
(d) In the kitchen.
3. Whose pictures are present on stage in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) FDR and Smith.
(b) Wilson and Smith.
(c) Coolidge and Hoover.
(d) Wilson and Jefferson.
4. How long does FDR plan for his speech to last?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 30 minutes.
(c) 5 minutes.
(d) 60 minutes.
5. How had Mr. Lassiter first contacted FDR?
(a) By letter.
(b) By telephone.
(c) By telegram.
(d) By e-mail.
6. Which character tells FDR, "God bless you." in Act 3, Scene 2?
(d) Mr. Howe.
7. Who does FDR believe will win the Democratic nomination in 1924?
(a) Al Smith.
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) James M. Cox.
(d) William McAdoo.
8. What do FDR and Mr. Howe disagree on in the beginning of Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) The ending of the speech.
(b) The opening of his speech.
(c) The length of his speech.
(d) His movement on the platform.
9. Which character leaves the stage with Missy in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Howe.
10. Which state is also known as the "Nutmeg State"?
(a) New York.
11. What does the Roosevelt family plan to read after dinner in Act 2, Scene 2?
(b) The newspaper.
(c) "As You Like It."
(d) "Green Grow the Lilacs."
12. Which speaker does the chairman introduce in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) President Coolidge.
(c) Senator Truman.
(d) Senator Walsh.
13. What is FDR doing behind the screen in Act 3, Scene 2?
(a) Putting on his leg braces.
(b) Changing his shirt.
(c) Practicing his speech.
14. Which controversial organization does William McAdoo support?
(b) The League of Nations.
(c) Movement for a Democratic Society.
(d) The Ku Klux Klan.
15. Which famous sports figure supports Al Smith?
(a) Jim Thorpe.
(b) Babe Ruth.
(c) Jack Dempsey.
(d) Ty Cobb.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara complain about in Act 3, Scene 2?
2. What does FDR attempt to do when alone at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Why does Mr. Lassiter oppose Al Smith's bid for president?
4. Who is with FDR when he meets Mr. Lassiter?
5. Who is the chairman of the convention?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)