|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Marie primarily speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How is FDR leaving Campobello?
(a) In a small private plane.
(b) In the family car.
(c) On a boat.
(d) On a train.
3. Why doesn't Eleanor get a private nurse to tend FDR?
(a) They are too expensive.
(b) None are available in the remote area.
(c) She doesn't trust other women around FDR.
(d) She fears FDR might fall again.
4. What does FDR claim is Mr. Howe's first love?
(b) The theater.
5. What does Sara plan to discuss with FDR at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Plans to move the family to Ontario.
(b) His crawling.
(c) His behavior around the children.
(d) His involvement in politics.
6. What is FDR wearing when he leaves Campobello?
(a) A dark-blue serge suit.
(b) Pajama bottoms and a button-down dress shirt.
(c) Pajamas covered by brown blanket.
(d) Pajamas covered by a plain dark-blue robe.
7. What diagnosis does Dr. Lovett give for FDR's condition?
(a) Infantile paralysis.
(b) A clot on the spinal cord.
(c) Spina bifida.
(d) Guillain-Barre syndrome.
8. Which character does not want FDR to be involved in politics?
9. Who writes FDR's speeches?
(c) Mr. Howe.
10. Which character does Sara accuse of riding on FDR's coattails?
(b) Louis Howe.
(d) Dr. Lovett.
11. What does FDR want to do before he leaves?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Dictate a letter.
(c) Telephone his lawyer.
(d) Look around the room.
12. At the end of Act 1, Scene 3, which character is left behind to close up the house at Campobello?
(b) Mr. Howe.
13. Where is FDR planning to go to find new leg braces?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) San Francisco.
14. Whom does Eleanor fire in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The maid.
(d) Mr. Howe.
15. In Act 1, Scene 3, which character does FDR ask to come to the hospital on Thursday morning?
(a) Mr. Howe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which child is called "the runt" in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. According to FDR, what has given him strength through his illness?
3. What does FDR believe he is meant to learn though his illness?
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does the Roosevelt family decide to do after dinner?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does FDR retrieve stamps that have fallen on the floor?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)