|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Missy chase the children away from Eleanor at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Eleanor is crying.
(b) She knows that Eleanor is exhausted.
(c) FDR wants to see Eleanor.
(d) She needs to speak to Eleanor in private.
2. How much time has passed between the end of Act 1, Scene 1, and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
3. Whom do the children cheer for at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Mrs. McGowan.
4. Which character wishes FDR could go to Hyde Park to rest?
(d) Dr. Lovett.
5. Which relative has Granny gone to see?
(a) Cousin Muriel.
(b) Uncle Howe.
(c) Aunt Ida.
(d) Cousin Louis.
6. In Act 1, Scene 3, which character does FDR ask to come to the hospital on Thursday morning?
(b) Mr. Howe.
7. Why had FDR been unable to hold a spoon?
(a) His arms were too sore.
(b) His hands had been shaking.
(c) His fever was too high.
(d) His arms and hands had been temporarily paralyzed.
8. Whom does Eleanor fire in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Mr. Howe.
(d) The maid.
9. Which character comforts Jimmy about FDR's condition at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Louis Howe.
10. Which character describes FDR as having "the body of a bull - disposition of a lamb?"
(a) Mr. Howe.
(c) Dr. Bennett.
11. What does Sara plan to discuss with FDR at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Plans to move the family to Ontario.
(b) His crawling.
(c) His involvement in politics.
(d) His behavior around the children.
12. In Act 1, Scene 1, which child is given a piggy-back ride up the stairs?
13. Which one of FDR's children desperately wants to be recognized as an adult?
(d) Franklin Jr.
14. Which character believes that FDR's destiny is in politics?
(d) Mr. Howe.
15. Which character does not want FDR to be involved in politics?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children do the Roosevelts have?
2. What prognosis does Dr. Lovett have about FDR's symptoms?
3. Who is Duffy?
4. What does Mr. Howe give up in order to assist FDR in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Where is Dr. Lovett's practice?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)