|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
(a) Hyde Park.
(b) At the Roosevelt summer home in Canada.
(c) Madison Square Garden.
(d) The living room of the Roosevelt's New York house.
2. What is Mr. Brimmer going to build for FDR?
(b) Wider door frames.
(c) A custom-made wheelchair.
3. Which two characters argue about FDR's future at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Anna and Eleanor.
(b) Sara and Mr. Howe.
(c) Sara and Eleanor.
(d) Eleanor and Mr. Howe.
4. What does Sara plan to discuss with FDR at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His crawling.
(b) His involvement in politics.
(c) His behavior around the children.
(d) Plans to move the family to Ontario.
5. How many daughters does FDR have?
6. Whom does Eleanor fire in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Mr. Howe.
(d) The maid.
7. Which child is called "the runt" in Act 1, Scene 1?
8. Where is FDR being transported to in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) New York.
(d) Hyde Park.
9. Which character does not want FDR to be involved in politics?
10. Who is Eleanor?
(a) FDR's mother.
(b) FDR's wife.
(c) The Roosevelts' maid.
(d) FDR's secretary.
11. Who is Duffy?
(a) A black Scottish terrier.
(b) FDR's driver.
(c) The caretaker of the Roosevelts' summer home .
(d) FDR's political adviser.
12. In Act 1, Scene 3, which character does FDR ask to come to the hospital on Thursday morning?
(a) Mr. Howe.
13. What prognosis does Dr. Lovett have about FDR's symptoms?
(a) FDR will be permanently paralyzed.
(b) FDR will be partially paralyzed.
(c) FDR will recover completely.
(d) He is unsure of the outcome.
14. Who writes FDR's speeches?
(c) Mr. Howe.
15. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does FDR retrieve stamps that have fallen on the floor?
(a) He buzzes for Missy.
(b) He calls Eleanor.
(c) Using a gadget with an extension arm.
(d) He has trained Duffy to retrieve dropped items.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, what accent does Mr. Howe use to amuse FDR?
2. What household item has been used in the construction of FDR's wheelchair?
3. How do the children feel about their father's condition in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. How much time has passed between the end of Act 1, Scene 1, and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
5. When is Act 2, Scene 1 set?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)