|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, which engagement does FDR tell Missy to cancel?
(a) The Rotary Club meeting.
(b) A speech for the Lions Club.
(c) The Boy Scout dinner.
(d) A dinner engagement with the president.
2. What does FDR believe he is meant to learn though his illness?
3. How do the children feel about their father's condition in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What language does Marie primarily speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. Where is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
(a) At the Roosevelt summer home in Canada.
(b) Hyde Park.
(c) Madison Square Garden.
(d) The living room of the Roosevelt's New York house.
6. In Act 1, Scene 1, which child is given a piggy-back ride up the stairs?
7. In Act 1, Scene 2, when does the family expect to be able to move FDR to a hospital?
(a) In two to three months.
(b) In two to three weeks.
(c) In a few days.
(d) After six weeks.
8. What does Eleanor hand to Missy in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Get-well cards.
(b) FDR's hat.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) Her coat.
9. In Act 1, Scene 3, which character does FDR ask to come to the hospital on Thursday morning?
(b) Mr. Howe.
10. Why isn't there a phone in the house?
(a) Phone service was not available in Canada until after WWII.
(b) FDR did not wish to have a phone installed.
(c) The phone had not been invented yet.
(d) The house is too far away from the main town.
11. Who writes FDR's speeches?
(c) Mr. Howe.
12. Which character is dressed as an Indian at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
13. What does FDR want to do before he leaves?
(a) Dictate a letter.
(b) Look around the room.
(c) Take a bath.
(d) Telephone his lawyer.
14. Whom do the children cheer for at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Mrs. McGowan.
15. What language does Granny encourage the children to speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is FDR planning to go to find new leg braces?
2. Who is Missy LeHand?
3. Why does FDR feel lonely in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. Who is Eleanor?
5. Which child is called "the runt" in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)