|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Act 2, Scene, 1 set?
(a) Hyde Park.
(b) The living room of the Roosevelts' New York house.
(c) At the Roosevelts' summer home in Canada.
(d) Yankee Stadium.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Mr. Howe wish that the house contained?
(a) Indoor toliets.
(b) A phone.
(c) A fax machine.
(d) Electric lighting.
3. What news bothers FDR as he reads the paper in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The high crime rate.
(b) The high unemployment figures.
(c) Germany's troop movements.
(d) The price of oil.
4. Where is Dr. Lovett's practice?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York.
5. What diagnosis does the first specialist in Act 1, Scene 2, give for FDR's condition?
(b) A pulled muscle.
(d) A clot on the spinal cord.
6. In Act 1, Scene 3, what accent does Mr. Howe use to amuse FDR?
7. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does the Roosevelt family decide to do after dinner?
(a) Re-enact "Green Grow the Lilacs."
(b) Read the play "Julius Caesar."
(c) Sing songs from "Show Boat."
(d) Read one of Ibsen's plays.
8. Where is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
(a) The living room of the Roosevelt's New York house.
(b) Hyde Park.
(c) Madison Square Garden.
(d) At the Roosevelt summer home in Canada.
9. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does FDR retrieve stamps that have fallen on the floor?
(a) He has trained Duffy to retrieve dropped items.
(b) He calls Eleanor.
(c) Using a gadget with an extension arm.
(d) He buzzes for Missy.
10. What does Eleanor do for her children at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Hugs and kisses each one.
(b) Sings them a song.
(c) Tucks them into bed.
(d) Reads them a story.
11. What language does Granny encourage the children to speak?
12. How many sons does FDR have?
13. How many daughters does FDR have?
14. Who writes FDR's speeches?
(a) Mr. Howe.
15. Why does Johnny dislike Mr. Howe?
(a) He always takes FDR away from the family.
(b) His coughing and incense keep Johnny awake at night.
(c) He often frowns at Johnny.
(d) He has a frightening face.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character dances for FDR in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Which character does not want FDR to be involved in politics?
3. Whom does Eleanor fire in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, when does the family expect to be able to move FDR to a hospital?
5. What does Mr. Howe give up in order to assist FDR in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)