|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What diagnosis does Dr. Lovett give for FDR's condition?
(a) Infantile paralysis.
(b) Guillain-Barre syndrome.
(c) Spina bifida.
(d) A clot on the spinal cord.
2. Which character describes FDR as having "the body of a bull - disposition of a lamb?"
(a) Mr. Howe.
(b) Dr. Bennett.
3. How many children do the Roosevelts have?
4. What prognosis does Dr. Lovett have about FDR's symptoms?
(a) FDR will be partially paralyzed.
(b) FDR will be permanently paralyzed.
(c) FDR will recover completely.
(d) He is unsure of the outcome.
5. Which character does not want FDR to be involved in politics?
6. How much time has passed between the end of Act 1, Scene 1, and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three weeks.
7. Which relative has Granny gone to see?
(a) Aunt Ida.
(b) Cousin Louis.
(c) Cousin Muriel.
(d) Uncle Howe.
8. How does FDR plan on going up the stairs at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) With a lift he built.
(b) Using crutches.
(c) By crawling.
(d) Mr. Howe will carry him.
9. Why does Mr. Howe encourage Missy to pretend that everything is normal around FDR?
(a) FDR wants everyone to believe that he will be well again.
(b) No one wants to upset FDR.
(c) The doctor recommended humoring him.
(d) A nurse recommended humoring him.
10. Why isn't there a phone in the house?
(a) FDR did not wish to have a phone installed.
(b) The phone had not been invented yet.
(c) Phone service was not available in Canada until after WWII.
(d) The house is too far away from the main town.
11. Which character believes that FDR's destiny is in politics?
(d) Mr. Howe.
12. What language does Granny encourage the children to speak?
13. Which character is asked to read FDR's speeches on his behalf?
(b) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) Mr. Howe.
(d) James M. Cox.
14. Which character does Sara accuse of riding on FDR's coattails?
(a) Louis Howe.
(b) Dr. Lovett.
15. Who writes FDR's speeches?
(c) Mr. Howe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character offers to help with the children in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does the family first believe was the cause of FDR's discomfort?
3. Who is Duffy?
4. Which character wishes FDR could go to Hyde Park to rest?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, where does Eleanor wish FDR could be moved?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)