|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons does FDR have?
2. Which character does not want FDR to be involved in politics?
3. When is Act 2, Scene 1 set?
(a) Fall of 1924.
(b) Winter of 1923
(c) Spring of 1922.
(d) Summer of 1921.
4. Who is Harding?
(a) FDR's political adviser.
(b) FDR's personal secretary.
(c) The caretaker of the Roosevelts' summer home .
(d) The current president of the United States in Act 1, Scene 1.
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, where does Eleanor wish FDR could be moved?
(a) To their home in Hyde Park.
(b) To the large hospital in Columbus.
(c) To a modern hospital in New York.
6. Why does FDR practice crawling?
(a) He is tired of relying on others.
(b) He is bored.
(c) It is the fastest way for him to move.
(d) He fears being trapped by a house fire.
7. In the opening of Act 1, Scene 1, where has FDR been all day?
(b) Outside playing with his children.
(c) In his office.
(d) At the country club.
8. Which relative has Granny gone to see?
(a) Cousin Louis.
(b) Uncle Howe.
(c) Aunt Ida.
(d) Cousin Muriel.
9. What does FDR believe he is meant to learn though his illness?
10. Where is Dr. Lovett's practice?
(b) New York.
(d) Washington, D.C.
11. What news bothers FDR as he reads the paper in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The price of oil.
(b) The high crime rate.
(c) Germany's troop movements.
(d) The high unemployment figures.
12. How are Eleanor and the children leaving Campobello?
(a) On a train.
(b) In a small private plane.
(c) On a boat.
(d) In the family car.
13. What plan does Mr. Howe devise to prevent reporters from seeing FDR on a stretcher?
(a) Mr. Howe is leaving in the car while the family takes the train.
(b) FDR and his family leave using different forms of transportation.
(c) Missy is leaving in the car while the family boards a boat.
(d) Sara distracts the reporters with an interview as the family leaves.
14. Which character describes FDR as having "the body of a bull - disposition of a lamb?"
(b) Mr. Howe.
(c) Dr. Bennett.
15. Which character comforts Jimmy about FDR's condition at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(d) Louis Howe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara plan to discuss with FDR at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What prognosis does Dr. Lovett have about FDR's symptoms?
3. Where is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
4. Where is FDR planning to go to find new leg braces?
5. According to Mr. Howe in Act 2, Scene 2, whom does the Democratic Party consider to be their number one choice for governor?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)