|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, which character does FDR ask to come to the hospital on Thursday morning?
(b) Mr. Howe.
2. What language does Granny encourage the children to speak?
3. Which character describes FDR as having "the body of a bull - disposition of a lamb?"
(a) Dr. Bennett.
(b) Mr. Howe.
4. What opinion does Sara have of Mr. Howe?
(a) He is a vulgar little man.
(b) He is after FDR's money.
(c) He is a nosy busybody.
(d) He is a wonderful family friend.
5. At the end of Act 1, Scene 3, which character is left behind to close up the house at Campobello?
(c) Mr. Howe.
6. What diagnosis does Dr. Lovett give for FDR's condition?
(a) Guillain-Barre syndrome.
(b) Spina bifida.
(c) A clot on the spinal cord.
(d) Infantile paralysis.
7. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does FDR retrieve stamps that have fallen on the floor?
(a) He has trained Duffy to retrieve dropped items.
(b) He buzzes for Missy.
(c) He calls Eleanor.
(d) Using a gadget with an extension arm.
8. Why does Missy chase the children away from Eleanor at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) FDR wants to see Eleanor.
(b) Eleanor is crying.
(c) She knows that Eleanor is exhausted.
(d) She needs to speak to Eleanor in private.
9. What does Eleanor not want her children to see?
(a) FDR being carried out of the house on a stretcher.
(b) Her crying.
(c) The doctor's written diagnosis.
(d) The newspaper article.
10. Why does Mr. Howe encourage Missy to pretend that everything is normal around FDR?
(a) A nurse recommended humoring him.
(b) FDR wants everyone to believe that he will be well again.
(c) The doctor recommended humoring him.
(d) No one wants to upset FDR.
11. What does Missy read to Mr. Howe in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The newspaper article describing FDR's illness.
(b) The doctor's written diagnosis.
(c) An excerpt from a medical journal.
(d) The press release describing FDR's illness.
12. In Act 1, Scene 3, what accent does Mr. Howe use to amuse FDR?
13. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Eleanor vow to never do again?
(a) Read the newspaper.
(b) Jump at a man's call.
(c) Leave her husband alone.
(d) Cry in front of the children.
14. In Act 1, Scene 2, when does the family expect to be able to move FDR to a hospital?
(a) After six weeks.
(b) In a few days.
(c) In two to three months.
(d) In two to three weeks.
15. What language does Marie primarily speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Sara accuse of riding on FDR's coattails?
2. How are Eleanor and the children leaving Campobello?
3. Which character nervously fiddles with FDR's hat in Act 1, Scene 3, before handing it to him?
4. What does Anna complain to Eleanor about in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Which child is called "the runt" in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)