|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What diagnosis does the first specialist in Act 1, Scene 2, give for FDR's condition?
(c) A clot on the spinal cord.
(d) A pulled muscle.
2. Why does Johnny dislike Mr. Howe?
(a) His coughing and incense keep Johnny awake at night.
(b) He has a frightening face.
(c) He often frowns at Johnny.
(d) He always takes FDR away from the family.
3. Which two characters argue about FDR's future at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Sara and Eleanor.
(b) Eleanor and Mr. Howe.
(c) Anna and Eleanor.
(d) Sara and Mr. Howe.
4. Where is FDR being transported to in Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) New York.
(d) Hyde Park.
5. What does Missy read to Mr. Howe in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) The press release describing FDR's illness.
(b) An excerpt from a medical journal.
(c) The doctor's written diagnosis.
(d) The newspaper article describing FDR's illness.
6. Which character dances for FDR in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Mr. Howe.
7. What does FDR receive from Granny in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A present.
(b) A phone call.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A letter.
8. What plan does Mr. Howe devise to prevent reporters from seeing FDR on a stretcher?
(a) Mr. Howe is leaving in the car while the family takes the train.
(b) Sara distracts the reporters with an interview as the family leaves.
(c) FDR and his family leave using different forms of transportation.
(d) Missy is leaving in the car while the family boards a boat.
9. What prognosis does Dr. Lovett have about FDR's symptoms?
(a) He is unsure of the outcome.
(b) FDR will recover completely.
(c) FDR will be partially paralyzed.
(d) FDR will be permanently paralyzed.
10. In Act 1, Scene 3, which engagement does FDR tell Missy to cancel?
(a) A speech for the Lions Club.
(b) A dinner engagement with the president.
(c) The Boy Scout dinner.
(d) The Rotary Club meeting.
11. What does Mr. Howe buy in Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) A soda.
(d) Political magazines.
12. Which character is dressed as an Indian at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
13. What does FDR claim is Mr. Howe's first love?
(b) The theater.
14. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does the Roosevelt family decide to do after dinner?
(a) Re-enact "Green Grow the Lilacs."
(b) Read one of Ibsen's plays.
(c) Read the play "Julius Caesar."
(d) Sing songs from "Show Boat."
15. How are Eleanor and the children leaving Campobello?
(a) In the family car.
(b) In a small private plane.
(c) On a boat.
(d) On a train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sends FDR to bed early in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How is FDR leaving Campobello?
3. Which character is described at the best progressive in the country?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, when does the family expect to be able to move FDR to a hospital?
5. Why does Missy chase the children away from Eleanor at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)