|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, where does Eleanor wish FDR could be moved?
(a) To their home in Hyde Park.
(c) To a modern hospital in New York.
(d) To the large hospital in Columbus.
2. What does Mr. Howe buy in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A soda.
(c) Political magazines.
3. How does FDR plan on going up the stairs at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) By crawling.
(b) Using crutches.
(c) With a lift he built.
(d) Mr. Howe will carry him.
4. At the end of Act 1, Scene 3, which character is left behind to close up the house at Campobello?
(c) Mr. Howe.
5. What opinion does Sara have of Mr. Howe?
(a) He is a nosy busybody.
(b) He is a vulgar little man.
(c) He is a wonderful family friend.
(d) He is after FDR's money.
6. Which character does not want FDR to be involved in politics?
7. Which character believes that FDR's destiny is in politics?
(b) Mr. Howe.
8. How many children do the Roosevelts have?
9. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does FDR retrieve stamps that have fallen on the floor?
(a) He has trained Duffy to retrieve dropped items.
(b) He calls Eleanor.
(c) He buzzes for Missy.
(d) Using a gadget with an extension arm.
10. Which character wishes FDR could go to Hyde Park to rest?
(c) Dr. Lovett.
11. Why does FDR feel lonely in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) None of his friends visit.
(b) Eleanor spends most of her day at social clubs.
(c) He cannot be involved in other people's lives.
(d) The children are away at school.
12. In Act 1, Scene 3, which engagement does FDR tell Missy to cancel?
(a) A dinner engagement with the president.
(b) A speech for the Lions Club.
(c) The Rotary Club meeting.
(d) The Boy Scout dinner.
13. How many sons does FDR have?
14. In the opening of Act 1, Scene 1, where has FDR been all day?
(a) At the country club.
(b) Outside playing with his children.
(c) In his office.
15. What do FDR and Jimmy do immediately before dinner in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Read a newspaper article.
(b) Arm wrestle.
(c) Play cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is FDR wearing when he leaves Campobello?
2. How are Eleanor and the children leaving Campobello?
3. According to Mr. Howe in Act 2, Scene 2, whom does the Democratic Party consider to be their number one choice for governor?
4. Where is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
5. In Act 1, Scene 3, what accent does Mr. Howe use to amuse FDR?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)