|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does the Roosevelt family decide to do after dinner?
(a) Read one of Ibsen's plays.
(b) Re-enact "Green Grow the Lilacs."
(c) Read the play "Julius Caesar."
(d) Sing songs from "Show Boat."
2. Which character is dressed as an Indian at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Which character believes that FDR's destiny is in politics?
(b) Mr. Howe.
4. In Act 1, Scene 1, which child is given a piggy-back ride up the stairs?
5. Which character describes FDR as having "the body of a bull - disposition of a lamb?"
(b) Dr. Bennett.
(d) Mr. Howe.
6. In Act 1, Scene 2, where does Eleanor wish FDR could be moved?
(a) To a modern hospital in New York.
(b) To their home in Hyde Park.
(d) To the large hospital in Columbus.
7. Where is Granny in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) New York.
(d) In the kitchen.
8. How many daughters does FDR have?
9. Why does FDR practice crawling?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He is tired of relying on others.
(c) He fears being trapped by a house fire.
(d) It is the fastest way for him to move.
10. What does Eleanor do for her children at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Hugs and kisses each one.
(b) Tucks them into bed.
(c) Sings them a song.
(d) Reads them a story.
11. Where is FDR being transported to in Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Hyde Park.
(c) New York.
12. Where is FDR planning to go to find new leg braces?
(b) San Francisco.
(d) Washington, D.C.
13. Why does Johnny dislike Mr. Howe?
(a) He often frowns at Johnny.
(b) His coughing and incense keep Johnny awake at night.
(c) He always takes FDR away from the family.
(d) He has a frightening face.
14. What plan does Mr. Howe devise to prevent reporters from seeing FDR on a stretcher?
(a) Missy is leaving in the car while the family boards a boat.
(b) Mr. Howe is leaving in the car while the family takes the train.
(c) Sara distracts the reporters with an interview as the family leaves.
(d) FDR and his family leave using different forms of transportation.
15. What opinion does Sara have of Mr. Howe?
(a) He is a nosy busybody.
(b) He is after FDR's money.
(c) He is a wonderful family friend.
(d) He is a vulgar little man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Mr. Howe wish that the house contained?
2. According to FDR, what has given him strength through his illness?
3. Which character does not want FDR to be involved in politics?
4. What diagnosis does the first specialist in Act 1, Scene 2, give for FDR's condition?
5. What does Anna complain to Eleanor about in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)