|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which child is called "the runt" in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What household item has been used in the construction of FDR's wheelchair?
(a) A sofa cushion.
(b) The frame of a rocking chair.
(c) A small end table.
(d) A kitchen chair.
3. How are Eleanor and the children leaving Campobello?
(a) In the family car.
(b) In a small private plane.
(c) On a boat.
(d) On a train.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, when does the family expect to be able to move FDR to a hospital?
(a) In a few days.
(b) In two to three weeks.
(c) In two to three months.
(d) After six weeks.
5. What plan does Mr. Howe devise to prevent reporters from seeing FDR on a stretcher?
(a) Sara distracts the reporters with an interview as the family leaves.
(b) FDR and his family leave using different forms of transportation.
(c) Mr. Howe is leaving in the car while the family takes the train.
(d) Missy is leaving in the car while the family boards a boat.
6. Which character comforts Jimmy about FDR's condition at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(d) Louis Howe.
7. Why doesn't Eleanor get a private nurse to tend FDR?
(a) She doesn't trust other women around FDR.
(b) She fears FDR might fall again.
(c) They are too expensive.
(d) None are available in the remote area.
8. In Act 1, Scene 3, what accent does Mr. Howe use to amuse FDR?
9. What diagnosis does the first specialist in Act 1, Scene 2, give for FDR's condition?
(c) A pulled muscle.
(d) A clot on the spinal cord.
10. Who is Babs?
(a) The Roosevelts' cook.
(b) FDR's wife.
(c) FDR's political adviser.
(d) FDR's personal secretary.
11. What does Mr. Howe buy in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Political magazines.
(c) A soda.
12. What is Mr. Brimmer going to build for FDR?
(a) Wider door frames.
(b) A custom-made wheelchair.
13. How does FDR plan on going up the stairs at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Using crutches.
(b) By crawling.
(c) Mr. Howe will carry him.
(d) With a lift he built.
14. What does Sara plan to discuss with FDR at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His crawling.
(b) His involvement in politics.
(c) Plans to move the family to Ontario.
(d) His behavior around the children.
15. At the end of Act 1, Scene 3, which character is left behind to close up the house at Campobello?
(d) Mr. Howe.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Act 2, Scene 1 set?
2. Which character offers to help with the children in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does FDR believe he is meant to learn though his illness?
4. What language does Granny encourage the children to speak?
5. Where is Act 2, Scene, 1 set?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)