|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is dressed as an Indian at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
2. What does Mr. Howe buy in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A soda.
(d) Political magazines.
3. Since FDR cannot travel easily, what does Mr. Howe recommend he do to stay in touch with the public?
(a) Give speeches from his balcony.
(b) Hold press conferences.
(c) Give radio addresses.
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, which engagement does FDR tell Missy to cancel?
(a) The Rotary Club meeting.
(b) The Boy Scout dinner.
(c) A speech for the Lions Club.
(d) A dinner engagement with the president.
5. In the opening of Act 1, Scene 1, where has FDR been all day?
(a) At the country club.
(c) Outside playing with his children.
(d) In his office.
6. Which character offers to help with the children in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Mr. Howe.
7. How is FDR leaving Campobello?
(a) In a small private plane.
(b) On a boat.
(c) On a train.
(d) In the family car.
8. Why doesn't Eleanor get a private nurse to tend FDR?
(a) She doesn't trust other women around FDR.
(b) She fears FDR might fall again.
(c) They are too expensive.
(d) None are available in the remote area.
9. Which character describes FDR as having "the body of a bull - disposition of a lamb?"
(a) Dr. Bennett.
(b) Mr. Howe.
10. When is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
(a) Summer of 1921.
(b) Spring of 1922.
(c) Winter of 1923.
(d) Fall of 1924.
11. What does Sara plan to discuss with FDR at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Plans to move the family to Ontario.
(b) His behavior around the children.
(c) His involvement in politics.
(d) His crawling.
12. What does FDR receive from Granny in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A present.
(b) A letter.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A phone call.
13. What does FDR believe he is meant to learn though his illness?
14. Who is Babs?
(a) FDR's personal secretary.
(b) FDR's political adviser.
(c) FDR's wife.
(d) The Roosevelts' cook.
15. What is FDR wearing when he leaves Campobello?
(a) Pajamas covered by a plain dark-blue robe.
(b) A dark-blue serge suit.
(c) Pajama bottoms and a button-down dress shirt.
(d) Pajamas covered by brown blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character dances for FDR in Act 1, Scene 3?
2. Where is FDR planning to go to find new leg braces?
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does the Roosevelt family decide to do after dinner?
4. Which one of FDR's children desperately wants to be recognized as an adult?
5. Who sends a letter that brightens FDR's mood in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)