|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't FDR wear his leg braces?
(a) One of the straps is broken.
(b) They are painful.
(c) They don't fit under his trousers.
(d) They don't fit.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, when does the family expect to be able to move FDR to a hospital?
(a) After six weeks.
(b) In a few days.
(c) In two to three months.
(d) In two to three weeks.
3. What does Mr. Howe buy in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A soda.
(d) Political magazines.
4. What plan does Mr. Howe devise to prevent reporters from seeing FDR on a stretcher?
(a) FDR and his family leave using different forms of transportation.
(b) Sara distracts the reporters with an interview as the family leaves.
(c) Missy is leaving in the car while the family boards a boat.
(d) Mr. Howe is leaving in the car while the family takes the train.
5. Why does Missy chase the children away from Eleanor at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) She needs to speak to Eleanor in private.
(b) She knows that Eleanor is exhausted.
(c) FDR wants to see Eleanor.
(d) Eleanor is crying.
6. Why had FDR been unable to hold a spoon?
(a) His hands had been shaking.
(b) His arms and hands had been temporarily paralyzed.
(c) His fever was too high.
(d) His arms were too sore.
7. Who writes FDR's speeches?
(c) Mr. Howe.
8. Which character does not want FDR to be involved in politics?
9. Which character nervously fiddles with FDR's hat in Act 1, Scene 3, before handing it to him?
(c) Mr. Howe.
10. According to Mr. Howe in Act 2, Scene 2, whom does the Democratic Party consider to be their number one choice for governor?
(a) Woodrow Wilson.
(c) James M. Cox.
(d) Warren G. Harding.
11. Who is Harding?
(a) The caretaker of the Roosevelts' summer home .
(b) The current president of the United States in Act 1, Scene 1.
(c) FDR's political adviser.
(d) FDR's personal secretary.
12. In Act 1, Scene 1, which child is given a piggy-back ride up the stairs?
13. Which one of FDR's children desperately wants to be recognized as an adult?
(c) Franklin Jr.
14. What does FDR want to do before he leaves?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Look around the room.
(c) Telephone his lawyer.
(d) Dictate a letter.
15. Where is FDR planning to go to find new leg braces?
(b) Washington, D.C.
(d) San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Act 2, Scene 1 set?
2. What diagnosis does the first specialist in Act 1, Scene 2, give for FDR's condition?
3. Who is Missy LeHand?
4. How many sons does FDR have?
5. How much time has passed between the end of Act 1, Scene 1, and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)