|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Babs?
(a) The Roosevelts' cook.
(b) FDR's political adviser.
(c) FDR's personal secretary.
(d) FDR's wife.
2. In Act 1, Scene 3, what accent does Mr. Howe use to amuse FDR?
3. Why does Mr. Howe encourage Missy to pretend that everything is normal around FDR?
(a) A nurse recommended humoring him.
(b) FDR wants everyone to believe that he will be well again.
(c) The doctor recommended humoring him.
(d) No one wants to upset FDR.
4. What household item has been used in the construction of FDR's wheelchair?
(a) A kitchen chair.
(b) A small end table.
(c) A sofa cushion.
(d) The frame of a rocking chair.
5. What language does Marie primarily speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. Which one of FDR's children desperately wants to be recognized as an adult?
(b) Franklin Jr.
7. Which character dances for FDR in Act 1, Scene 3?
(b) Mr. Howe.
8. How many sons does FDR have?
9. How do the children feel about their father's condition in Act 1, Scene 2?
10. At the end of Act 1, Scene 3, which character is left behind to close up the house at Campobello?
(b) Mr. Howe.
11. What language does Granny encourage the children to speak?
12. In Act 2, Scene 1, how does FDR retrieve stamps that have fallen on the floor?
(a) He calls Eleanor.
(b) Using a gadget with an extension arm.
(c) He buzzes for Missy.
(d) He has trained Duffy to retrieve dropped items.
13. What do FDR and Jimmy do immediately before dinner in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Arm wrestle.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Read a newspaper article.
14. Who is Eleanor?
(a) FDR's mother.
(b) The Roosevelts' maid.
(c) FDR's wife.
(d) FDR's secretary.
15. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Eleanor vow to never do again?
(a) Leave her husband alone.
(b) Read the newspaper.
(c) Jump at a man's call.
(d) Cry in front of the children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does FDR plan on going up the stairs at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Mr. Howe give up in order to assist FDR in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Which character does Sara accuse of riding on FDR's coattails?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, where does Eleanor wish FDR could be moved?
5. What diagnosis does the first specialist in Act 1, Scene 2, give for FDR's condition?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)