|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, what accent does Mr. Howe use to amuse FDR?
2. What sends FDR to bed early in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) A throbbing headache.
(b) An attack of indigestion.
(c) A sudden pain in his back.
(d) A sharp pain in his right leg.
3. Whom does Eleanor fire in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) The maid.
(d) Mr. Howe.
4. How does FDR plan on going up the stairs at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) By crawling.
(b) With a lift he built.
(c) Using crutches.
(d) Mr. Howe will carry him.
5. When is Act 2, Scene 1 set?
(a) Fall of 1924.
(b) Summer of 1921.
(c) Spring of 1922.
(d) Winter of 1923
6. Which character is described at the best progressive in the country?
(a) James M. Cox.
(b) Warren G. Harding.
(d) Woodrow Wilson.
7. What does Sara plan to discuss with FDR at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) His behavior around the children.
(b) His involvement in politics.
(c) His crawling.
(d) Plans to move the family to Ontario.
8. Who is Eleanor?
(a) FDR's wife.
(b) The Roosevelts' maid.
(c) FDR's secretary.
(d) FDR's mother.
9. Why does FDR feel lonely in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) None of his friends visit.
(b) He cannot be involved in other people's lives.
(c) The children are away at school.
(d) Eleanor spends most of her day at social clubs.
10. In the opening of Act 1, Scene 1, where has FDR been all day?
(a) In his office.
(c) Outside playing with his children.
(d) At the country club.
11. What is FDR wearing when he leaves Campobello?
(a) A dark-blue serge suit.
(b) Pajamas covered by brown blanket.
(c) Pajamas covered by a plain dark-blue robe.
(d) Pajama bottoms and a button-down dress shirt.
12. What language does Marie primarily speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
13. Why does FDR practice crawling?
(a) He fears being trapped by a house fire.
(b) He is tired of relying on others.
(c) It is the fastest way for him to move.
(d) He is bored.
14. Where is Granny in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) In the kitchen.
(d) New York.
15. Which relative has Granny gone to see?
(a) Aunt Ida.
(b) Cousin Louis.
(c) Cousin Muriel.
(d) Uncle Howe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't there a phone in the house?
2. How many children do the Roosevelts have?
3. At the end of Act 1, Scene 3, which character is left behind to close up the house at Campobello?
4. What does Eleanor do for her children at the end of Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What do FDR and Jimmy do immediately before dinner in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)