|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Babs?
(a) FDR's personal secretary.
(b) FDR's political adviser.
(c) The Roosevelts' cook.
(d) FDR's wife.
2. When is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
(a) Spring of 1922.
(b) Summer of 1921.
(c) Fall of 1924.
(d) Winter of 1923.
3. What do FDR and Jimmy do immediately before dinner in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Arm wrestle.
(b) Play cards.
(c) Read a newspaper article.
4. Why doesn't Eleanor get a private nurse to tend FDR?
(a) None are available in the remote area.
(b) They are too expensive.
(c) She doesn't trust other women around FDR.
(d) She fears FDR might fall again.
5. What opinion does Sara have of Mr. Howe?
(a) He is a wonderful family friend.
(b) He is a vulgar little man.
(c) He is a nosy busybody.
(d) He is after FDR's money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character believes that FDR's destiny is in politics?
2. Which character offers to help with the children in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How much time has passed between the end of Act 1, Scene 1, and the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What prognosis does Dr. Lovett have about FDR's symptoms?
5. Which character is described at the best progressive in the country?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)