|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Marie primarily speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What does Eleanor hand to Missy in Act 1, Scene 3?
(a) Get-well cards.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) Her coat.
(d) FDR's hat.
3. Who is Missy LeHand?
(a) The Roosevelt's maid.
(b) FDR's political adviser.
(c) FDR's private secretary.
(d) The caretaker of the Roosevelts' summer home .
4. How does FDR feel about the concept of "noblesse oblige?"
(a) It angers him to the point of throwing a pillow.
(b) He feels it is archaic and unfair.
(c) He supports it in theory.
(d) He feels that it is the way of a new America.
5. How does Al Smith react to Missy's offer of a drink in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) He reminds her alcohol is illegal and orders coffee.
(b) He smiles and quietly asks for vermouth.
(c) He is offended and reprimands her.
(d) He reminds her alcohol is illegal and orders a Scotch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What prognosis does Dr. Lovett have about FDR's symptoms?
2. What does Missy read to Mr. Howe in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Who is with FDR when he meets Mr. Lassiter?
4. Who does FDR believe will win the Democratic nomination in 1924?
5. What is one of FDR's favorite poems?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)