|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 3, which engagement does FDR tell Missy to cancel?
(a) The Rotary Club meeting.
(b) A speech for the Lions Club.
(c) A dinner engagement with the president.
(d) The Boy Scout dinner.
2. What does the family first believe was the cause of FDR's discomfort?
(a) A pulled muscle.
(b) A cold.
(c) The cold water.
3. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does the Roosevelt family decide to do after dinner?
(a) Read the play "Julius Caesar."
(b) Sing songs from "Show Boat."
(c) Read one of Ibsen's plays.
(d) Re-enact "Green Grow the Lilacs."
4. Which relative has Granny gone to see?
(a) Cousin Louis.
(b) Aunt Ida.
(c) Uncle Howe.
(d) Cousin Muriel.
5. Who is Missy LeHand?
(a) The caretaker of the Roosevelts' summer home .
(b) The Roosevelt's maid.
(c) FDR's private secretary.
(d) FDR's political adviser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mr. Howe encourage Missy to pretend that everything is normal around FDR?
2. Which character dances for FDR in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Where is Granny in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Which parts of FDR's body are obviously still paralyzed at the end of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Which character is dressed as an Indian at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)