Act 1, Scene 1
1. When is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
(a) Summer of 1921.
(b) Spring of 1922.
(c) Fall of 1924.
(d) Winter of 1923.
2. Where is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
(a) The living room of the Roosevelt's New York house.
(b) Madison Square Garden.
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) At the Roosevelt summer home in Canada.
3. How many children do the Roosevelts have?
4. Who is Eleanor?
(a) FDR's wife.
(b) The Roosevelts' maid.
(c) FDR's mother.
(d) FDR's secretary.
5. In the opening of Act 1, Scene 1, where has FDR been all day?
(a) Outside playing with his children.
(c) In his office.
(d) At the country club.
6. What language does Marie primarily speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does the Roosevelt family decide to do after dinner?
(a) Read the play "Julius Caesar."
(b) Read one of Ibsen's plays.
(c) Sing songs from "Show Boat."
(d) Re-enact "Green Grow the Lilacs."
8. Which child is called "the runt" in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 4,205 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)