Act 1, Scene 1
1. When is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
(a) Summer of 1921.
(b) Winter of 1923.
(c) Spring of 1922.
(d) Fall of 1924.
2. Where is Act 1, Scene 1 set?
(a) Madison Square Garden.
(b) At the Roosevelt summer home in Canada.
(c) Hyde Park.
(d) The living room of the Roosevelt's New York house.
3. How many children do the Roosevelts have?
4. Who is Eleanor?
(a) FDR's secretary.
(b) FDR's mother.
(c) The Roosevelts' maid.
(d) FDR's wife.
5. In the opening of Act 1, Scene 1, where has FDR been all day?
(a) At the country club.
(b) In his office.
(c) Outside playing with his children.
6. What language does Marie primarily speak in Act 1, Scene 1?
7. In Act 1, Scene 1, what does the Roosevelt family decide to do after dinner?
(a) Read one of Ibsen's plays.
(b) Sing songs from "Show Boat."
(c) Read the play "Julius Caesar."
(d) Re-enact "Green Grow the Lilacs."
8. Which child is called "the runt" in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 4,205 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)