|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sheik tell the men from the CA unit to call him in Chapter 14?
2. How many men are arrested at the home where the detonators are found in Chapter 10?
3. In his letter to Uncle Richie in Chapter 11, Private Perry says that his mother has been asking if she can send him anything. What does Perry request that his uncle have her send if money isn’t too tight?
(a) Toy dolls.
(b) A pocket watch.
(c) Chocolate candy.
(d) A magazine subscription.
4. When Private Perry is preparing to go to a mosque with some chaplains and Corporal Kennedy in Chapter 8, he asks several people from his unit what they’d like him to bring back. Corporal Danforth says that he wants what?
(a) A puppy dog.
(b) A woman with three breasts.
(c) Fried chicken.
(d) A woman wearing a burka.
5. Who initially refuses to give Jonesy any painkillers for his toothache in Chapter 13?
(a) Private Perry.
(b) Corporal Kennedy.
(c) Corporal Evans.
(d) Captain Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. When learning about the civilian executions in Chapter 13, Private Perry thinks back to a basketball game he’d played against what high school?
2. Word has come down that Major Sessions was passed up for a promotion to what title in Chapter 11?
3. The mosque that Private Perry visits with other CA soldiers in Chapter 8 is located in what area north of Baghdad?
4. The village that Perry, Jonesy, and their unit go to in Chapter 9 in order to make reparations for civilian deaths in an air raid is called what?
5. What name is given to the stuffed monkey that Corporal Rios received in the mail in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who informs the CA unit that they are to remain in the Green Zone in Chapter 13?
2. What game does Private Perry play with the Iraqi children in Al-Uhaimir in Chapter 9?
3. What causes the argument between Jonesy and Sergeant Harris in Chapter 10?
4. Why is the CA unit to remain in the Green Zone for a period of time in Chapter 13?
5. What mission is the CA unit given in Chapter 14? Who will accompany them on the mission?
6. Why does Corporal Rios say he ordered a monkey from eBay in Chapter 9?
7. Who does Captain Coles introduce to the Civil Affairs unit in Chapter 10?
8. Who makes the discovery of the detonators in Chapter 10? Where are they located?
9. What does Perry contemplate of the complexity of their situation in Iraq in Chapter 13?
10. What mission is the CA unit assigned in Chapter 10? Where is the mission located?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)