|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jonesy say that Oprah Winfrey got her name in Chapter 9?
(a) From the Bible.
(b) From a blues song.
(c) From a women’s magazine.
(d) From African folklore.
2. When the CA unit watches cartoons and decides to map out a plan for Wile E. Coyote to finally trap the Road Runner in Chapter 12, they develop a set of specs to send to what corporation?
(a) The Ozone Corporation.
(b) The Acme Corporation.
(c) The Brickman Corporation.
(d) The Kazimayn Corporation.
3. What term from Chapter 14 refers to a Middle Eastern tobacco pipe with long, flexible tubes that draw the smoke through the water contained in a bowl?
4. The name that is given to the stuffed monkey in Chapter 9 is a character name from what World War II novel?
(b) A Farewell to Arms.
(d) The Naked and the Dead.
5. Who does Perry say had painted some Iraqi people and scenes using watercolors in Chapter 14?
(a) Lieutenant Nelson.
(b) Corporal Pendleton.
(c) Specialist Darcy.
(d) Colonel King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Word has come down that Major Sessions was passed up for a promotion to what title in Chapter 11?
2. What name is given to the stuffed monkey that Corporal Rios received in the mail in Chapter 9?
3. To which of the two main branches of Islam did Saddam Hussein belong, according to the narrator in Chapter 8?
4. Jonesy points out in Chapter 11 that the “Euphrates River looks blue and the Tigris looks” what color?
5. What soldier from PSYOP is described in Chapter 12 as “A tall guy, he played poker wearing a cowboy hat and chewing on a skinny cigar that wiggled up and down when he talked”?
Short Essay Questions
1. What game does Private Perry play with the Iraqi children in Al-Uhaimir in Chapter 9?
2. Why does Corporal Rios say he ordered a monkey from eBay in Chapter 9?
3. How is the character of Jerry Egri described in Chapter 12?
4. What mission is the CA unit given in Chapter 14? Who will accompany them on the mission?
5. What does the CA unit do during their time in the Green Zone in Chapter 13?
6. Who informs the CA unit that they are to remain in the Green Zone in Chapter 13?
7. What does Corporal Rios find when he opens the package from eBay in Chapter 9?
8. How is the setting of the meeting site described in Chapter 14? Who leads the discussion with the sheikh?
9. Why is the CA unit to remain in the Green Zone for a period of time in Chapter 13?
10. What does Jonesy say he likes about Iraq in Chapter 8?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)