|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The captain in the marines that talks to Captain Cole after the unit’s meeting with the sheik in Chapter 14 says that Fallujah is the what capital of the region?
(a) Body-bag capital.
(b) Violence capital.
(c) Sunni capital.
(d) Shiite capital.
2. Word has come down that Major Sessions was passed up for a promotion to what title in Chapter 11?
(a) Sergeant Colonel.
(b) Lieutenant Colonel.
3. When the CA unit is informed that they are not to leave the Green Zone in small numbers, Captain Coles goes to find out what happened at Corporal Kennedy’s request in Chapter 13. He returns with news that a marine unit found a bunch of civilians dead where?
(a) In a mosque.
(b) In a cemetery.
(c) In a political hall.
(d) In a garage.
4. What term from Chapter 14 refers to a Middle Eastern tobacco pipe with long, flexible tubes that draw the smoke through the water contained in a bowl?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 10, Sergeant Harris and Jonesy get into an argument because “Sergeant Harris said that in a way most women weren’t much more than” what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonesy says in Chapter 8 that if he could, he would take all of what back to Georgia and teach them the blues?
2. What battalion is described as “the main CA support group attached to the 3rd Infantry” in Chapter 9?
3. What word from Chapter 12 refers to a loose hooded cloak, typically woolen, traditionally worn by Arabs?
4. Captain Coles comes to inform Perry’s unit after sunset in Chapter 10 that they will be escorting some Intelligence guys to a place in what district before sunrise?
5. How many men are arrested at the home where the detonators are found in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Perry’s team go next in the pursuit of their mission after Major Sessions returns to camp in Chapter 11?
2. What does Corporal Rios find when he opens the package from eBay in Chapter 9?
3. How is the setting of the meeting site described in Chapter 14? Who leads the discussion with the sheikh?
4. Why is the CA unit to remain in the Green Zone for a period of time in Chapter 13?
5. What game does Private Perry play with the Iraqi children in Al-Uhaimir in Chapter 9?
6. Who does Captain Coles introduce to the Civil Affairs unit in Chapter 10?
7. What sports game takes place in Chapter 12? What is the purpose of the event?
8. What mission is the CA unit assigned in Chapter 10? Where is the mission located?
9. Whom do Perry’s team have tea with in Chapter 9? What do they learn from this character?
10. What does Jonesy say he likes about Iraq in Chapter 8?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)