|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the CA unit soldiers offer to Jamil to come with them as a translator at the Republican Hospital in Chapter 11?
(a) A gold ring.
(b) 5 American candy bars.
(c) 5 packs of American cigarettes.
(d) A $20 bill of American currency.
2. What is the name of the man who meets the CA unit at the hospital after their meeting with the sheik in Chapter 14?
(a) Muhammad Latif Al-Sadah.
(b) Halima Telfah.
(c) Talib Al-Janabi.
(d) Hamid Faisal Al-Sadah.
3. What is the name of the woman who speaks English and has invited Captain Miller and the others to tea in Chapter 9?
(a) An Najaf.
(b) An Nasiriyah.
(c) Halima Telfah.
(d) Major Sessions.
4. Jonesy says in Chapter 13, “The only dying that means anything is” what?
(a) “The dying of those you love.”
(b) “The dying that you see.”
(c) “Your own.”
(d) “The dying you’re a part of.”
5. What woman soldier from the 507th is said to have been possibly raped during her capture in Chapter 8?
(a) Captain Miller.
(b) Corporal Pendleton.
(c) Corporal Kennedy.
(d) Corporal Lynch.
6. Who discovers the detonators at the home that is searched with the Special Ops unit in Chapter 10?
(a) Lieutenant Nelson.
(b) Corporal Kennedy.
(c) Specialist Darcy.
(d) Captain Coles.
7. Where does Corporal Kennedy describe growing up in Chapter 10?
(a) A foster home.
(b) A mental hospital.
(c) A wealthy estate.
(d) A nunnery.
8. Where does Corporal Danforth say he’s from when Jonesy interviews him in Chapter 8?
(a) San Jose, California.
(b) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(c) Richmond, Virginia.
(d) Memphis, Tennessee.
9. What is the name of the colonel from the 422nd that comes by and says a prayer with the “God Squad” for Pendleton in Chapter 13?
(a) Corporal Evans.
(b) Colonel King.
(c) Captain Miller.
(d) Captain Coles.
10. In the beginning of Chapter 10, Sergeant Harris and Jonesy get into an argument because “Sergeant Harris said that in a way most women weren’t much more than” what?
11. Birdy says in Chapter 11 that they took Ahmed from their unit for the week and “sent him over to where they were setting up a jail or holding pen at” what location?
(a) “An Najaf.”
(b) “An Nasiriyah.”
(c) “The Rusafa district.”
(d) “Abu Ghraib.”
12. Where did Jerry Egri live before he left for the military?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Cleveland, Ohio.
(c) Detroit, Michigan.
(d) Little Rock, Arkansas.
13. When learning about the civilian executions in Chapter 13, Private Perry thinks back to a basketball game he’d played against what high school?
(a) Jackson High School.
(b) Rutgers High School.
(c) Lane High School.
(d) Wilson High School.
14. What does Jerry Egri say he did back home in Chapter 12?
(a) He taught kindergarten.
(b) He was a chef.
(c) He was a country musician.
(d) He was a banker.
15. During the two weeks that the CA unit stays in the Green Zone in Chapter 13, Perry says that “The only work we did for the entire time was unload a truckload of gifts from the Free Will Baptist Church” located where?
(a) Martinsburg, West Virginia.
(b) Arkadelphia, Arkansas.
(c) Jackson, Mississippi.
(d) Selena, California.
Short Answer Questions
1. What soldier from PSYOP is described in Chapter 12 as “A tall guy, he played poker wearing a cowboy hat and chewing on a skinny cigar that wiggled up and down when he talked”?
2. What does the acronym “IED” refer to in the novel?
3. Word has come down that Major Sessions was passed up for a promotion to what title in Chapter 11?
4. Perry’s unit gets word in Chapter 13 that no one is to leave the Green Zone in groups of less than how many each?
5. While playing poker with the unit in Chapter 12, Corporal Kennedy bluffs and claims she has two pair. What pair does she claim to have?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)