|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jonesy say they’re going out again in Chapter 12, which the narrator describes as running “through some of the worst territory for ambushes in Iraq”?
(a) Highway 7.
(b) Highway 10.
(c) Highway 4.
(d) Highway 20.
2. Who does Perry say had painted some Iraqi people and scenes using watercolors in Chapter 14?
(a) Corporal Pendleton.
(b) Colonel King.
(c) Lieutenant Nelson.
(d) Specialist Darcy.
3. When learning about the civilian executions in Chapter 13, Private Perry thinks back to a basketball game he’d played against what high school?
(a) Jackson High School.
(b) Lane High School.
(c) Rutgers High School.
(d) Wilson High School.
4. What magazine does Private Perry take out a subscription to in Chapter 13?
(a) The New Yorker.
(b) GQ Magazine.
(c) Oprah Magazine.
(d) The Source.
5. Where does Private Perry describe his grandmother going to “drink tea from glasses instead of cups” when she was young in Chapter 9?
(a) The West Village, Manhattan.
(b) The Lower East Side, Manhattan.
(c) The Bronx, New York.
(d) The Upper East Side, Manhattan.
6. Jonesy says in Chapter 13, “The only dying that means anything is” what?
(a) “The dying that you see.”
(b) “Your own.”
(c) “The dying of those you love.”
(d) “The dying you’re a part of.”
7. Captain Coles comes to inform Perry’s unit after sunset in Chapter 10 that they will be escorting some Intelligence guys to a place in what district before sunrise?
(a) The Rusafa district.
(b) The An Nasiriyah district.
(c) The Kazimayn district.
(d) The Al-Uhaimir district.
8. After unloading the shipment of gifts from the Free Will Baptist Church in Chapter 13, Perry says that they argued over whether what cured meat is pork or beef?
9. How many women are taken from the home where the detonators are found in Chapter 10?
10. In the beginning of Chapter 10, Sergeant Harris and Jonesy get into an argument because “Sergeant Harris said that in a way most women weren’t much more than” what?
11. How many men are arrested at the home where the detonators are found in Chapter 10?
12. The captain in the marines that talks to Captain Cole after the unit’s meeting with the sheik in Chapter 14 says that Fallujah is the what capital of the region?
(a) Sunni capital.
(b) Body-bag capital.
(c) Shiite capital.
(d) Violence capital.
13. Where does Corporal Kennedy describe growing up in Chapter 10?
(a) A nunnery.
(b) A foster home.
(c) A wealthy estate.
(d) A mental hospital.
14. What does Ahmed call the redbrick mound that “seemed almost to shimmer in the bright sunlight” and where the Mesopotamians supposedly built shrines, in Chapter 9?
(a) An oasis.
(b) A prism.
(c) A ziggurat.
(d) A charlatan.
15. The mosque that Private Perry visits with other CA soldiers in Chapter 8 is located in what area north of Baghdad?
(a) An Nasiriyah.
(b) An Najaf.
(c) Al Jazeera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first of the things that Jonesy says he likes about Iraq in Chapter 8?
2. Private Perry recalls having been stopped on what New York street and searched by plainclothes police in Chapter 10?
3. What does the sheik tell the men from the CA unit to call him in Chapter 14?
4. Along with the cured meats, what did the soldiers of the CA unit keep for themselves from the shipment of gifts from the Free Will Baptist Church in Chapter 13?
5. Who ends up claiming the monkey that Corporal Rios receives from eBay in Chapter 9?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)