|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Private Perry lose in the poker game in Chapter 12?
2. Where does Jonesy say they’re going out again in Chapter 12, which the narrator describes as running “through some of the worst territory for ambushes in Iraq”?
(a) Highway 10.
(b) Highway 7.
(c) Highway 4.
(d) Highway 20.
3. The name that is given to the stuffed monkey in Chapter 9 is a character name from what World War II novel?
(b) A Farewell to Arms.
(c) The Naked and the Dead.
4. In Chapter 14, Private Perry and his friends discuss how much they wish they could take their equipment back home with them. What item does Perry say he’d most like to take back?
(a) The night vision equipment.
(b) One of the Bradley vehicles.
(c) A Humvee.
(d) The Kevlar protection gear.
5. When the CA unit is informed that they are not to leave the Green Zone in small numbers, Captain Coles goes to find out what happened at Corporal Kennedy’s request in Chapter 13. He returns with news that a marine unit found a bunch of civilians dead where?
(a) In a mosque.
(b) In a cemetery.
(c) In a political hall.
(d) In a garage.
6. What woman soldier from the 507th is said to have been possibly raped during her capture in Chapter 8?
(a) Corporal Lynch.
(b) Captain Miller.
(c) Corporal Kennedy.
(d) Corporal Pendleton.
7. Where did Jerry Egri live before he left for the military?
(a) Cleveland, Ohio.
(b) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(c) Detroit, Michigan.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
8. Perry’s unit gets word in Chapter 13 that no one is to leave the Green Zone in groups of less than how many each?
9. Word has come down that Major Sessions was passed up for a promotion to what title in Chapter 11?
(a) Sergeant Colonel.
(b) Lieutenant Colonel.
10. In his letter to Uncle Richie in Chapter 11, Private Perry writes that what keep changing and can even change in the middle of the day?
(a) American sentiment regarding the war.
(b) The weather in Iraq.
(c) The Rules of Engagement.
(d) The politics of the region.
11. When learning about the civilian executions in Chapter 13, Private Perry thinks back to a basketball game he’d played against what high school?
(a) Lane High School.
(b) Rutgers High School.
(c) Wilson High School.
(d) Jackson High School.
12. What are the names of Corporal Pendleton’s daughters?
(a) Elizabeth and Marie.
(b) Sarah and Sally.
(c) Michelle and Mary.
(d) Kayla and Karen.
13. Jonesy says in Chapter 8 that if he could, he would take all of what back to Georgia and teach them the blues?
(a) The Iraqi children.
(b) The Kurds.
(c) The Iraqi men.
(d) The Iraqi children.
14. To which of the two main branches of Islam did Saddam Hussein belong, according to the narrator in Chapter 8?
15. Who ends up claiming the monkey that Corporal Rios receives from eBay in Chapter 9?
(a) Ahmed Sabbat.
(b) Specialist Darcy.
(c) Captain Coles.
(d) Corporal Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry Egri say he did back home in Chapter 12?
2. What song by Destiny’s Child does Jonesy begin singing as the unit heads out on their mission as escorts for the Special Ops guys in Chapter 10?
3. What is the name of the Iraqi boy that the CA unit is trying to locate on their mission in Chapter 11?
4. What does the sheik tell the men from the CA unit to call him in Chapter 14?
5. The mosque that Private Perry visits with other CA soldiers in Chapter 8 is located in what area north of Baghdad?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)