|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Private Perry is preparing to go to a mosque with some chaplains and Corporal Kennedy in Chapter 8, he asks several people from his unit what they’d like him to bring back. Corporal Danforth says that he wants what?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) A woman with three breasts.
(c) A woman wearing a burka.
(d) A puppy dog.
2. Where does Private Perry describe his grandmother going to “drink tea from glasses instead of cups” when she was young in Chapter 9?
(a) The Bronx, New York.
(b) The Lower East Side, Manhattan.
(c) The Upper East Side, Manhattan.
(d) The West Village, Manhattan.
3. Who ends up claiming the monkey that Corporal Rios receives from eBay in Chapter 9?
(a) Corporal Kennedy.
(b) Specialist Darcy.
(c) Captain Coles.
(d) Ahmed Sabbat.
4. On what date does Major Sessions tell the hospital administrator that the Iraqi boy they are looking for disappeared in Chapter 11?
(a) July 15.
(b) June 12.
(c) March 12.
(d) April 14.
5. Private Perry recalls having been stopped on what New York street and searched by plainclothes police in Chapter 10?
(a) 12th Street.
(c) 111th Street.
(d) 136th Street.
6. When the CA unit is informed that they are not to leave the Green Zone in small numbers, Captain Coles goes to find out what happened at Corporal Kennedy’s request in Chapter 13. He returns with news that a marine unit found a bunch of civilians dead where?
(a) In a mosque.
(b) In a political hall.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) In a garage.
7. What does the acronym “RPG” refer to in the narrative?
(a) “Rocket-Propelled Grenade.”
(b) “Respected Public Guard.”
(c) “Radio-Protected Garrison.”
(d) “Retrograde Personnel Garrison.”
8. What is the name of the colonel from the 422nd that comes by and says a prayer with the “God Squad” for Pendleton in Chapter 13?
(a) Colonel King.
(b) Captain Coles.
(c) Captain Miller.
(d) Corporal Evans.
9. What woman soldier from the 507th is said to have been possibly raped during her capture in Chapter 8?
(a) Captain Miller.
(b) Corporal Kennedy.
(c) Corporal Lynch.
(d) Corporal Pendleton.
10. According to the narrator in Chapter 11, “For every one of the coalition people that got killed, there were” how many dead Iraqis?
(a) “From five to ten.”
(b) “From thirty to fifty.”
(c) “From ten to twenty.”
(d) “From twenty to thirty.”
11. Along with the cured meats, what did the soldiers of the CA unit keep for themselves from the shipment of gifts from the Free Will Baptist Church in Chapter 13?
(a) The toys and dolls.
(b) The cigarettes and liquor.
(c) The dresses and clothing.
(d) The cookies and candy bars.
12. Jonesy says in Chapter 8 that if he could, he would take all of what back to Georgia and teach them the blues?
(a) The Iraqi children.
(b) The Iraqi men.
(c) The Iraqi children.
(d) The Kurds.
13. The village that Perry, Jonesy, and their unit go to in Chapter 9 in order to make reparations for civilian deaths in an air raid is called what?
(a) An Najaf.
(b) An Nasiriyah.
14. What is the name of the Iraqi boy in Al-Uhaimir that sets up the soccer game between the American soldiers and the Iraqi children of the village in Chapter 12?
15. Lieutenant Davis says in Chapter 10, “These people here have been at war for the last twenty or so years. Before they invaded Kuwait they were fighting with” whom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Jonesy says he was in jail once in his life because he’d been charged with what crime in Chapter 11?
2. During the two weeks that the CA unit stays in the Green Zone in Chapter 13, Perry says that “The only work we did for the entire time was unload a truckload of gifts from the Free Will Baptist Church” located where?
3. What is the name of the woman who speaks English and has invited Captain Miller and the others to tea in Chapter 9?
4. Where did Jerry Egri live before he left for the military?
5. What does Jerry Egri say he did back home in Chapter 12?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)