|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Corporal Marla Kennedy from originally?
(a) Dix Hills, New York.
(b) Harlem, New York.
(c) Stone Mountain, Georgia.
(d) Tampa, Florida.
2. Jonesy tells the narrator in Chapter 3, “Most of my training was about” doing what “when you heard gunfire”?
(a) “Calling the cops.”
(b) “Shooting back.”
(c) “Diving down.”
(d) “Jumping up.”
3. To whom is the letter addressed in the Prologue of the novel?
(a) Aunt Sarah.
(c) Uncle Richie.
4. What is the name of Private Perry’s mother?
(a) Jackie Perry.
(b) Julie Perry.
(c) Martha Perry.
(d) Sarah Perry.
5. What does “KIA” represent in the narrative?
(a) Kullen Iraqi Authority.
(b) Kruger Indian Authority.
(c) Killed in Action.
(d) Killed in Absence.
6. Private Perry’s mother says in her letter in Chapter 7 that Perry’s father still thinks he is how old?
7. When Perry’s team arrives at the bombed school in Chapter 6, the troops that are patrolling the area are from where, according to Captain Coles?
8. Who is described as “one of the intelligence guys” that has lost the use of his camera due to the sandstorm in Chapter 4?
(a) Captain Miller.
(b) Lieutenant Nelson.
(c) Colonel King.
(d) Corporal Rios.
9. What is the nickname that Corporal Kennedy calls Private Perry in the novel?
10. Who comprises the Second Squad when they take off for Iraq in Chapter 3?
(a) Captain Coles, Lieutenant Nelson, and Captain Miller.
(b) Colonel King, Specialist Darcy, and Captain Miller.
(c) Sergeant Harris, Corporal Evans, and Specialist Darcy.
(d) Captain Miller, Private Perry, and Corporal Kennedy.
11. When Captain Coles tells the narrator that they’re changing direction in Chapter 5, he explains, “The 204th Medical called asking for some help south of” what location?
(a) “Al Jazeera.”
(b) “An Najaf.”
(d) “An Nasiriyah.”
12. The lines of the song that the narrator thinks of as his squad drives into Iraq are “Check out the real situation / Nation war against nation / When did it all begin? / When will it end?” These lyrics are from a song by whom?
(a) Jackie Gleason.
(b) Bob Marley.
(c) Louis Armstrong.
(d) John Lennon.
13. What kind of vehicle is the narrator and his squad traveling in as they enter Iraq in Chapter 4?
(a) A Humvee.
(b) An Armadillo.
(c) A AMX-13 light tank.
(d) A Hellcat.
14. What does “MRE” stand for in the narrative?
(a) “Missing Recon Eviction.”
(b) “Missing Relay Edict.”
(c) “Meal, Read-to-Eat.”
(d) “Metal Restrictor Envoy.”
15. What does “ROE cards” refer to in Chapter 3?
(a) Regulations of Entitlement cards.
(b) Rules of Engagement cards.
(c) Restrictions of Employment cards.
(d) Reasons of Employment cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the driver in the First Squad in Chapter 2?
2. Robin describes Jonesy as a guy in his unit from where in the letter in the Prologue?
3. What is the First Squad painting at the Iraqi military school in the beginning of Chapter 6?
4. The 3rd Infantry Division is generally following what group that enters Iraq first in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 3, the narrator says that the troops just heard a lecture from what individual “who was in charge of all Civil Affairs in the area”?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)