|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The lines of the song that the narrator thinks of as his squad drives into Iraq are “Check out the real situation / Nation war against nation / When did it all begin? / When will it end?” These lyrics are from a song by whom?
(a) Bob Marley.
(b) Louis Armstrong.
(c) Jackie Gleason.
(d) John Lennon.
2. What is the name of the Iraqi boy that the CA unit is trying to locate on their mission in Chapter 11?
(a) Muhammad Latif Al-Sadah.
(b) Halima Telfah.
(c) Muhammad An Najaf.
(d) Muhammad Kazimayn-Sadah.
3. Where does Jonesy say that Oprah Winfrey got her name in Chapter 9?
(a) From a women’s magazine.
(b) From African folklore.
(c) From the Bible.
(d) From a blues song.
4. According to the narrator in Chapter 11, “For every one of the coalition people that got killed, there were” how many dead Iraqis?
(a) “From five to ten.”
(b) “From twenty to thirty.”
(c) “From thirty to fifty.”
(d) “From ten to twenty.”
5. What does the sheik tell the men from the CA unit to call him in Chapter 14?
Short Answer Questions
1. Private Perry’s mother says in her letter in Chapter 7 that she saw on television that a white Baptist church where was preparing food and stuff to send to the troops?
2. What is the name of the field interpreter for the narrator’s team in Chapter 2?
3. It is discussed between the narrator and his team in Chapter 3 the possibility of a battle between the Sunnis and what other sect?
4. In Chapter 3, the narrator says that the troops just heard a lecture from what individual “who was in charge of all Civil Affairs in the area”?
5. For how many days does the sandstorm last in Chapter 4?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)