|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The letter that Private Perry receives from his mother in Chapter 7 is dated when?
(a) June 4, 2003.
(b) March 16, 2004.
(c) September 15, 2003.
(d) May 1, 2003.
2. What does the narrator say Marla Kennedy found in one of the outhouses in Chapter 6?
(a) A black widow spider.
(b) A wolf spider.
(c) A banana spider.
(d) A camel spider.
3. What is being used as a makeshift hospital for the wounded Iraqi civilians when the narrator’s squad arrives as backup for the medics in Chapter 5?
(a) A mosque.
(b) An ambassador’s house.
(c) A school.
(d) A café.
4. What are the names of Corporal Pendleton’s daughters?
(a) Michelle and Mary.
(b) Elizabeth and Marie.
(c) Sarah and Sally.
(d) Kayla and Karen.
5. Who is the driver in the Second Squad in Chapter 2?
(a) Colonel King.
(b) Sergeant Harris.
(c) Captain Coles.
(d) Lieutenant Nelson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says in Chapter 3, “What we got to do over here is to kill all of them and let God sort them out”?
2. Who comprises the Second Squad when they take off for Iraq in Chapter 3?
3. Where does Corporal Danforth say he’s from when Jonesy interviews him in Chapter 8?
4. Who is the driver in the First Squad in Chapter 2?
5. To whom is the letter addressed in the Prologue of the novel?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)