|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Captain Coles say he was when he joined the army in Chapter 2?
2. The first Gulf War (“Operation Desert Storm”) was waged by a U.N. coalition force of 34 nations against Iraq in response to what?
(a) The 9/11 attacks.
(b) Iraq’s invasion of Iran.
(c) Iraq’s invasion of Libya.
(d) Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait.
3. Private Perry’s mother says in her letter in Chapter 7 that she saw on television that a white Baptist church where was preparing food and stuff to send to the troops?
4. Where does Corporal Kennedy describe growing up in Chapter 10?
(a) A nunnery.
(b) A wealthy estate.
(c) A foster home.
(d) A mental hospital.
5. What does “ROE cards” refer to in Chapter 3?
(a) Rules of Engagement cards.
(b) Reasons of Employment cards.
(c) Regulations of Entitlement cards.
(d) Restrictions of Employment cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sergeant Harris is described in Chapter 2 as “a black soldier who had switched to Civil Affairs from” where?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 10, Sergeant Harris and Jonesy get into an argument because “Sergeant Harris said that in a way most women weren’t much more than” what?
3. The narrator says in Chapter 8, “The 3rd and 4th Marines had secured an area in downtown Baghdad they were calling” what?
4. What is being used as a makeshift hospital for the wounded Iraqi civilians when the narrator’s squad arrives as backup for the medics in Chapter 5?
5. To which of the two main branches of Islam did Saddam Hussein belong, according to the narrator in Chapter 8?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)