|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first of the things that Jonesy says he likes about Iraq in Chapter 8?
(a) The religious beliefs.
(b) The weather.
(c) The open roads.
(d) The trees.
2. Who says in Chapter 3, “What we got to do over here is to kill all of them and let God sort them out”?
(a) Corporal Pendleton.
(b) Corporal Rios.
(c) Specialist Darcy.
(d) Colonel King.
3. What word from Chapter 4 refers to a temporary camp without tents or cover, used by soldiers?
4. Who shoots and kills the injured man that begins shooting at the narrator’s squad with a pistol in Chapter 5?
(a) Sergeant Harris.
(b) Captain Coles.
(c) Captain Miller.
(d) Specialist Darcy.
5. Who from the Third Squad is described in Chapter 2 as “a really quiet guy… who had worked in a rehabilitation center in civilian life”?
(d) Lieutenant Nelson.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator says in the beginning of Chapter 6 that they are currently located “at some Iraqi military school not far from” what airport?
2. In Chapter 2, the narrator states that “There were special detachments created for Medical, Construction, and Intelligence.” The Medical detachment people are said to be led by whom?
3. What is the hometown of Sergeant Robert Harris, as noted in Chapter 1?
4. Who receives a letter in the beginning of Chapter 7 and begins cursing over its contents?
5. After reading the letter from his mother in Chapter 7, Private Perry thinks about how she said he was always what type of individual?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)