|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator say he and his squad spent the rest of the afternoon in the opening of Chapter 5?
(a) An Nasiriyah.
(b) An Najaf.
(d) Abu Ghraib.
2. Major Spring Sessions tells the unit in Chapter 1 that their entire detachment is made up of about how many people?
3. What river runs through Baghdad?
(a) The Thames River.
(b) The Nile River.
(c) The Euphrates River.
(d) The Tigris River.
4. The character who introduces herself as Major Spring Sessions says in the opening of Chapter 1, “Gentlemen, ladies, welcome to” what location?
(a) “Doha by the Sea.”
(b) “Qatar by the Sea.”
(c) “The land of forgiveness.”
(d) “Aloha by the Sea.”
5. Where does the narrator say Captain Coles had gone on his honeymoon in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. The 3rd Infantry Division is generally following what group that enters Iraq first in Chapter 4?
2. For how many days does the sandstorm last in Chapter 4?
3. To whom is the letter addressed in the Prologue of the novel?
4. In Chapter 3, the narrator says that the troops just heard a lecture from what individual “who was in charge of all Civil Affairs in the area”?
5. The narrator says in the beginning of Chapter 6 that they are currently located “at some Iraqi military school not far from” what airport?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)