|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the song that Jonesy writes about the sandstorm in Chapter 4?
(a) “I Wanna Sing You a Song Baby That Ain’t the Blues.”
(b) “Yesterday’s Blues and Tomorrow’s Rainbows.”
(c) “It’s a Long Way to Yesterday and a Longer Way til Tomorrow.”
(d) “I Hate Your Mother Worse Than I Hate This Sand Blues.”
2. Who comprises the Second Squad when they take off for Iraq in Chapter 3?
(a) Captain Miller, Private Perry, and Corporal Kennedy.
(b) Sergeant Harris, Corporal Evans, and Specialist Darcy.
(c) Colonel King, Specialist Darcy, and Captain Miller.
(d) Captain Coles, Lieutenant Nelson, and Captain Miller.
3. It is discussed between the narrator and his team in Chapter 3 the possibility of a battle between the Sunnis and what other sect?
(a) The Kurds.
(b) The Hindus.
(c) The Mevlevi Order.
(d) The Shiites.
4. The first Gulf War (“Operation Desert Storm”) was waged by a U.N. coalition force of 34 nations against Iraq in response to what?
(a) The 9/11 attacks.
(b) Iraq’s invasion of Libya.
(c) Iraq’s invasion of Iran.
(d) Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait.
5. How old does Jean Darcy say her great-grandmother is in Chapter 3?
(a) 75 years old.
(b) 80 years old.
(c) 90 years old.
(d) 85 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Arabic news station called that has shown some of the prisoners that have been taken in Chapter 4?
2. Who is the driver in the First Squad in Chapter 2?
3. What are the initials that are tattooed on Lopez’s hand, according to the narrator in Chapter 2?
4. Who says in Chapter 3, “What we got to do over here is to kill all of them and let God sort them out”?
5. What does Corporal Charlie Jones give as his hometown in Chapter 1?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)