|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the driver in the First Squad in Chapter 2?
(a) Corporal Jones.
(b) Colonel King.
(c) Captain Coles.
(d) Ahmed Sabbat.
2. Private Perry’s mother says in her letter in Chapter 7 that something is finally being done with the buildings on what street?
(a) Kennedy Street.
(b) Lenox Avenue.
(c) Anderson Street.
(d) Park Avenue.
3. What is the date listed on Private Perry’s letter to Uncle Richie in Chapter 5?
(a) September 16, 2003.
(b) March 25, 2003.
(c) May 12, 2003.
(d) March 30, 2002.
4. Who from the Third Squad is described in Chapter 2 as “a really quiet guy… who had worked in a rehabilitation center in civilian life”?
(c) Lieutenant Nelson.
5. Who receives a letter in the beginning of Chapter 7 and begins cursing over its contents?
(a) Ahmed Sabbat.
(b) Corporal Kennedy.
(c) Captain Miller.
(d) Corporal Rios.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does “MRE” stand for in the narrative?
2. In Chapter 2, the narrator states that “There were special detachments created for Medical, Construction, and Intelligence.” The Medical detachment people are said to be led by whom?
3. Where does the prisoner that the narrator’s squad takes say he learned to speak English in Chapter 5?
4. The letter that Private Perry receives from his mother in Chapter 7 is dated when?
5. What does “WMD” refer to in the novel?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)