|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the song that Jonesy writes about the sandstorm in Chapter 4?
(a) “I Hate Your Mother Worse Than I Hate This Sand Blues.”
(b) “It’s a Long Way to Yesterday and a Longer Way til Tomorrow.”
(c) “I Wanna Sing You a Song Baby That Ain’t the Blues.”
(d) “Yesterday’s Blues and Tomorrow’s Rainbows.”
2. The stuffed monkey that Corporal Rios receives in the mail in Chapter 9 is what kind of monkey, according to Captain Miller?
(a) A spider monkey.
(b) A capuchin monkey.
(c) A Columbian tamarin.
(d) An African vervet.
3. What does “KIA” represent in the narrative?
(a) Kruger Indian Authority.
(b) Killed in Absence.
(c) Kullen Iraqi Authority.
(d) Killed in Action.
4. What fighting vehicle is described in Chapter 4 as “a big tank-looking affair with a mounted cannon”?
(a) A Humvee.
(b) A Water Buffalo.
(c) A Canyoneer.
(d) A Bradley.
5. In the letter that Private Perry receives from his mother in Chapter 7, she relates that what individual at church didn’t believe Perry was in the army because he was too young?
(a) Sister Watkins.
(b) Sister Ross.
(c) Sister Jenkins.
(d) Sister Anderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the narrator states that “There were special detachments created for Medical, Construction, and Intelligence.” The Medical detachment people are said to be led by whom?
2. When Corporal Rios receives a large package in the beginning of Chapter 9, the return address is from where?
3. Where does Jonesy say that Oprah Winfrey got her name in Chapter 9?
4. The letter that Private Perry receives from his mother in Chapter 7 is dated when?
5. What is the name of the woman who speaks English and has invited Captain Miller and the others to tea in Chapter 9?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)