|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many days does the sandstorm last in Chapter 4?
2. What term is used in Chapter 9 to describe “a 400-gallon water carrier that could be hitched onto the back of a truck”?
(a) A Bradley.
(b) A Humvee.
(c) A “Cyclops.”
(d) A “water buffalo.”
3. Who shoots and kills the injured man that begins shooting at the narrator’s squad with a pistol in Chapter 5?
(a) Captain Miller.
(b) Captain Coles.
(c) Specialist Darcy.
(d) Sergeant Harris.
4. What health condition does Private Perry mention his father has and is not watching in Chapter 7?
(a) A heart murmur.
(c) High blood pressure.
(d) Stomach ulcers.
5. Who from the Third Squad is described in Chapter 2 as “a really quiet guy… who had worked in a rehabilitation center in civilian life”?
(b) Lieutenant Nelson.
Short Answer Questions
1. The name that is given to the stuffed monkey in Chapter 9 is a character name from what World War II novel?
2. What is the name that the narrator says “we called the Special Ops guys who went on secret missions in enemy territory,” in Chapter 2?
3. What is the date listed on Private Perry’s letter to Uncle Richie in Chapter 5?
4. What battalion is described as “the main CA support group attached to the 3rd Infantry” in Chapter 9?
5. What name is given to the stuffed monkey that Corporal Rios received in the mail in Chapter 9?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)