|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The stuffed monkey that Corporal Rios receives in the mail in Chapter 9 is what kind of monkey, according to Captain Miller?
(a) A Columbian tamarin.
(b) A spider monkey.
(c) An African vervet.
(d) A capuchin monkey.
2. When Corporal Rios receives a large package in the beginning of Chapter 9, the return address is from where?
3. The location that Captain Coles tells the narrator they’re going to after changing directions in Chapter 5 is how far northeast from where they are now?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 100 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
4. What does Ahmed call the redbrick mound that “seemed almost to shimmer in the bright sunlight” and where the Mesopotamians supposedly built shrines, in Chapter 9?
(a) An oasis.
(b) A prism.
(c) A ziggurat.
(d) A charlatan.
5. Who is the baseball player on the Yankees t-shirt that one of the Iraqi children is wearing in Chapter 5?
(a) Jack Slater.
(b) Johnny Saint.
(c) Derek Jeter.
(d) Bobby Fisher.
Short Answer Questions
1. The letter that Private Perry receives from his mother in Chapter 7 is dated when?
2. What is the name of Private Perry’s mother?
3. Who ends up claiming the monkey that Corporal Rios receives from eBay in Chapter 9?
4. What month is it said to be in Chapter 2?
5. When Captain Coles tells the narrator that they’re changing direction in Chapter 5, he explains, “The 204th Medical called asking for some help south of” what location?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)