Prologue and Chapter 1
1. The letter that is presented in the novel’s Prologue is dated when?
(a) March 16, 2003.
(b) February 27, 2003.
(c) September 4, 2003.
(d) June 12, 2002.
2. To whom is the letter addressed in the Prologue of the novel?
(b) Uncle Richie.
(c) Aunt Sarah.
3. In his letter in the Prologue, Robin says he is less than a hundred miles from what country’s border?
4. Robin describes Jonesy as a guy in his unit from where in the letter in the Prologue?
5. The character who introduces herself as Major Spring Sessions says in the opening of Chapter 1, “Gentlemen, ladies, welcome to” what location?
(a) “Qatar by the Sea.”
(b) “Aloha by the Sea.”
(c) “Doha by the Sea.”
(d) “The land of forgiveness.”
6. Major Spring Sessions tells the unit in Chapter 1 that their entire detachment is made up of about how many people?
7. Where does Corporal Eddie Evans say he is from originally in Chapter 1?
(a) Stormville, New York.
(b) Harlem, New York.
(c) Stone Mountain, Georgia.
(d) Tampa, Florida.
This section contains 5,294 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)