Prologue and Chapter 1
• The Prologue of Sunrise Over Fallujah is comprised of a letter from Robin Perry to his Uncle Richie.
• From the letter, dated February 27, 2003, the reader learns that Robin is in the military despite his father’s wishes, and is located outside of Iraq.
• In Chapter 1, Private Perry is introduced as the novel’s narrator; also introduced are Perry’s fellow squad members in the Civil Affairs unit.
• Perry is at Camp Doha, where Major Spring Sessions welcomes the detachment of forty-two personnel and introduces Captain Coles, who briefs the teams on their assignments.
• Captain Coles calls out the names of the members of the team, asking them to state their hometown when they are named; we learn that Private Perry, the novel’s narrator, is from Harlem, New York.
• Private Perry soon meets Corporal Kennedy, a female team member, who begins calling Perry “Birdy” because...
This section contains 4,159 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)