|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the text does Fassyky compare to the land where he spent his chilldood?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Sundiata attempts to give to Tounkara as payment?
3. As Sundiata travels toward Soumaoro, what do the cities he passes through give to him?
4. Where are the Malian merchants first spotted?
5. What does Sundiata plan to do when he finds Dankaran?
Essay Topic 1
Sundiata goes through a significant change during the time he is a teenager. Briefly describe what Sundiata was like as a child, and compare / contrast that to what he was like as an adult. What small event proved to be the turning point in Sundiata's first rise to power?
Essay Topic 2
There are many men who pass through power in Mali. Create a list of kings that took power on the pages of Sundiata, and briefly explain how each of these kings affected the relationship Malian people had with their government.
Essay Topic 3
Even though it had been his lifelong ambition to overthrow Soumaoro, Sundiata leaves the disgraced sorcerer to finish off his days hiding in a cave. Create a time line of events for the changing relationship between Sundiata and Soumaoro. Then, explain how the legacy of Sundiata is altered by his decision to have mercy on Soumaoro and let him live.
This section contains 1,219 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)