|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of party does Sundiata lead for his men on the eve of their big battle?
2. How do the people of Mali feel about Sundiata returning to the land?
3. How does Soumaoro react when he witnesses Sundiata's men wiping out his army?
4. Who wrote a song about Sundiata on the day her learned to walk?
5. When Soumaoro took over power of Mali, what did he deprive the people of?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Sundiata was born, he was given two formal names and one very important nickname. Briefly explain where each of Sundiata's three names came from, and what part of his personality each name represented. Finally, explain whether or not you think Sundiata's name were a good fit for him, and why.
Essay Topic 2
When Sundiata finally rises to power in Mali, he makes many changes on the land. Describe what the African nation was like for its inhabitants during Soumaoro's rule, and what changes Sundiata made to the nation as soon as he rose to power. Then, explain how the effects of Sundiata's rule can still be seen in present day Mali.
Essay Topic 3
The Buffalo woman plays a large role in bringing together Sundiata's parents. Explain what the Buffalo Woman symbolized in Do, and how her destructive actions eventually led to the unification of Maghan and Sogolon.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)