|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the city where Sundiata and Soumaoro agree to meet and battle?
2. Who does Fassyky claim should pay the price for Soumaoro's evils?
3. Which character in the text does Fassyky compare to the land where he spent his chilldood?
4. Since Sundiata's rise to power, what has happened to the rate of crime in his land?
5. What did Siara Kouman Konaty send to Sundiata in order to help him in his battle agains Soumaoro?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Soumaoro and Sundiata had an almost lifelong battle with one another, culminating in two memorable battles - one when Sundiata was a boy, and one when he was man. First, explain the battle Sundiata won against Soumaoro when he was a boy, and explain what effect that battle had on Sundiata as he grew. Then, explain the battle Sundiata found himself in with Soumaoro as an adult. How did the childhood battle prepare Sundiata for the rematch in his adulthood?
Essay Topic 2
Although Sundiata had many siblings, there were three who had the largest impact on his life - Nana Triban, Manding Bory, and Dankaran. Breifly describe each of Sundiata's three siblings, and explain how each sibling irrevocably altered Sundiata's life, either for better or worse.
Essay Topic 3
Sundiata goes through a significant change during the time he is a teenager. Briefly describe what Sundiata was like as a child, and compare / contrast that to what he was like as an adult. What small event proved to be the turning point in Sundiata's first rise to power?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)