|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Malian people only too happy to steal from Soumaoro's reserves when he is out of power?
2. Which character in the text does Fassyky compare to the land where he spent his chilldood?
3. How many nations meet with Sundiata at his rise to power?
4. How long does it typically take Sundiata to fell an entire city Sourmaoro's old empire?
5. What type of party does Sundiata lead for his men on the eve of their big battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sundiata goes through a significant change during the time he is a teenager. Briefly describe what Sundiata was like as a child, and compare / contrast that to what he was like as an adult. What small event proved to be the turning point in Sundiata's first rise to power?
Essay Topic 2
The role of fate plays a large part in Sundiata's rise to power. Explain why the people believed it was Sundiata's fate to rule Mali, and briefly explain three obstacles that stood in the way of Sundiata reaching the fate that had been laid out for him.
Essay Topic 3
The Buffalo woman plays a large role in bringing together Sundiata's parents. Explain what the Buffalo Woman symbolized in Do, and how her destructive actions eventually led to the unification of Maghan and Sogolon.
This section contains 1,231 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)