|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the battles between Sundiata and Soumaoro's men, who is usually victorious?
2. When Soumaoro took over power of Mali, what did he deprive the people of?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life Sundiata's friends have led since the fall of Mali?
4. What do the kings of the nation give to Sundiata when they proclaim him emperor of the land?
5. What is the name of the city where Sundiata and Soumaoro agree to meet and battle?
Essay Topic 1
Soumaoro and Sundiata had an almost lifelong battle with one another, culminating in two memorable battles - one when Sundiata was a boy, and one when he was man. First, explain the battle Sundiata won against Soumaoro when he was a boy, and explain what effect that battle had on Sundiata as he grew. Then, explain the battle Sundiata found himself in with Soumaoro as an adult. How did the childhood battle prepare Sundiata for the rematch in his adulthood?
Essay Topic 2
Sundiata had two main women in his life to act as mothers to him - Sogolon and Sassouma. Briefly describe each of these women, and then compare / contrast their mothering techniques with young Sundiata. Then, explain what effect each of these women had on Sundiata as he matured into adulthood.
Essay Topic 3
There are many men who pass through power in Mali. Create a list of kings that took power on the pages of Sundiata, and briefly explain how each of these kings affected the relationship Malian people had with their government.
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)