Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who updates the reader on lives of Sundiata's friends?
2. How many animals does Sundiata sacrifice upon returning home to Mali?
3. How do Tounkara's men feel about joining up with Sundiata's army?
4. What color are the clothes Sundiata wears in battle?
5. What do the Malian merchants tell Sundiata about Mali?
The battle scenes of the book are particularly vivid as the griot remembers every detail of Sundiata's successes. Choose one memorable battle scene in the book and recount it. Then, explain how the selective memory of the griot transforms the battle scenes from fact to legend.
The role of fate plays a large part in Sundiata's rise to power. Explain why the people believed it was Sundiata's fate to rule Mali, and briefly explain three obstacles that stood in the way of Sundiata reaching the fate that had been laid out for him.
When the story opens, Djeli Mamoudou Koutate is introduced to the readers as a local griot. Briefly describe the role griots play in African culture and then compare / contrast the role griots played during Sundiata's time with their role in the culture today. How does the use of a griot in Sundiata's tale affect the way it is expressed to the reader?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)