|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nana Triban meets with Sundiata, what does she deny every doing?
2. Who wrote a song about Sundiata on the day her learned to walk?
3. Which of the following is NOT something Sundiata attempts to give to Tounkara as payment?
4. Where are the Malian merchants first spotted?
5. What topic does Sundiata find himself does Sundiata find himself discussing with Nana Triban upon returning to Mali?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Sundiata goes through a significant change during the time he is a teenager. Briefly describe what Sundiata was like as a child, and compare / contrast that to what he was like as an adult. What small event proved to be the turning point in Sundiata's first rise to power?
Essay Topic 2Throughout the text, sorcery plays a large role in belief system of the Malian people. Give examples of two characters who believed in the power of sorcery, and explain how they exhibited their beliefs. Then, explain how sorcery affected the battles for Mali in either a positive or negative manor.
Essay Topic 3The Buffalo woman plays a large role in bringing together Sundiata's parents. Explain what the Buffalo Woman symbolized in Do, and how her destructive actions eventually led to the unification of Maghan and Sogolon.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)