|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sundiata's family react to the arrival of the Malian merchants?
(a) They are excited.
(b) They are nervous.
(c) They are angry.
(d) They are confused.
2. Who updates the reader on lives of Sundiata's friends?
(a) Sundiata himself.
(b) The griot.
(d) Sogolon's spirit.
3. What do the people of Mali hope Sundiata can recover?
(a) Their money.
(b) Their faith.
(c) Their land.
(d) Their pride.
4. What is the name of the city where Sundiata and Soumaoro agree to meet and battle?
5. How much of his army does Tounkara give to Sundiata when he leaves Mema?
(a) His entire army.
(b) One-half of his army.
(c) One-quarter of his army.
(d) One-third of his army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
2. Who first spots the Malian merchants in Mema?
3. What did Siara Kouman Konaty send to Sundiata in order to help him in his battle agains Soumaoro?
4. To whom do Sundiata's soldiers tell their stories of battle in the hopes that they will be made into legends?
5. Which character in the text does Fassyky compare to the land where he spent his chilldood?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)