|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom do Sundiata's soldiers tell their stories of battle in the hopes that they will be made into legends?
(a) Nana Triban.
(b) Fran Kamara.
2. What type of bird do both Sundiata and Soumaoro bewitch to send messages for them?
3. How do the people of Mali feel about Sundiata returning to the land?
(a) They are too afraid to voice their opinions.
(b) They support it.
(c) They do not know of his decision.
(d) They are against it.
4. What does the griot claim is the only think left of Sundiata's reign in present-day Mali?
(a) The trees.
(b) The flowers.
(c) The skies.
(d) The rivers.
5. Who is Nana Triban?
(a) Sundiata's sister.
(b) Sundiata's wife.
(c) Sundiata's daughter.
(d) Sundiata's cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slices does it take Fran Kamara to chop down a tree?
2. What weapon does Sundiata use when he attempts to kill Soumaoro?
3. What are the Malian people only too happy to steal from Soumaoro's reserves when he is out of power?
4. What is the name of Soumaoro's nephew who joins in Sundiata's army?
5. What does the city of Niani become famous for after Sundiata takes power?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)