|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is described as having eyes on the back of his head?
(a) Mansa Traory.
(b) Manding Dory.
(c) Djeli Mamoudou Kouyate.
(d) Siara Kouman Konaty.
2. What do the failing troops see that cause them to muster up enough courage to defeat Soumaoro's men?
(a) A small Malian baby separated from her mother.
(b) The clouds breaking way for sunlight.
(c) Sundiata riding past them on horseback.
(d) The angels of Sundiata's ancestors.
3. Which old friend does Sundiata stop to pick up before meeting with Soumaoro?
(a) Manding Bory.
4. From which animal is a magical feather plucked that will be the downfall of Soumaoro?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) A chicken.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A vulture.
5. To whom do Sundiata's soldiers tell their stories of battle in the hopes that they will be made into legends?
(a) Fran Kamara.
(b) Nana Triban.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of party does Sundiata lead for his men on the eve of their big battle?
2. What are the Malian people only too happy to steal from Soumaoro's reserves when he is out of power?
3. Why isn't Sundiata able to kill Soumaoro on his first attempt?
4. What city is Sundiata traveling toward in order to battle with Soumaoro?
5. At the party, what history does Fassyky speak about to encourage the troops?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)