|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT part of the celebration of nations that ensues after Sundiata is named emperor?
(c) A feasat.
2. What is Fassyky's first name?
3. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
(a) Because they fight in matching uniforms.
(b) Because they fight at night.
(c) Because they fight without wearing shoes.
(d) Because they fight with only their bare fists.
4. What do the failing troops see that cause them to muster up enough courage to defeat Soumaoro's men?
(a) A small Malian baby separated from her mother.
(b) The clouds breaking way for sunlight.
(c) The angels of Sundiata's ancestors.
(d) Sundiata riding past them on horseback.
5. How does Soumaoro react when he witnesses Sundiata's men wiping out his army?
(a) He is entertained.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is horrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the bird Soumaoro sees and knows that he is doomed?
2. What do the Malian merchants tell Sundiata about Mali?
3. Since Sundiata's rise to power, what has happened to the rate of crime in his land?
4. Which town is also knows as "the land of Sogolon?"
5. What does Sundiata promise to do to Mali when he returns?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)