|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't Sundiata able to kill Soumaoro on his first attempt?
(a) Because another man jumped in front of the blow that should have killed Soumaoro.
(b) Because Soumaoro is stronger than Sundiata anticipated.
(c) Because his strike misses Soumaoro's neck.
(d) Because Soumaoro is invincible.
2. What did Siara Kouman Konaty send to Sundiata in order to help him in his battle agains Soumaoro?
3. What do the people of Mali hope Sundiata can recover?
(a) Their land.
(b) Their pride.
(c) Their faith.
(d) Their money.
4. What does the griot claim is the only think left of Sundiata's reign in present-day Mali?
(a) The skies.
(b) The trees.
(c) The flowers.
(d) The rivers.
5. What does the city of Niani become famous for after Sundiata takes power?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life Sundiata's friends have led since the fall of Mali?
2. What does Sundiata promise to do to Mali when he returns?
3. Which of the following characters is described as having eyes on the back of his head?
4. What do the Malian merchants tell Sundiata about Mali?
5. Who first spots the Malian merchants in Mema?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)