|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sundiata promise to do to Mali when he returns?
(a) Build it up better than it has ever been.
(b) Return it to its splendor.
(c) Give it back to the Malian people.
(d) Keep it exactly as he remembers it.
2. Which character is considered to have a mighty strength?
(b) Fran Kamara.
(c) Manding Bory.
3. Which character in the text does Fassyky compare to the land where he spent his chilldood?
(a) Manding Bory.
4. How many men is Sundiata rumored to be able to fell with one swing of his sword?
(d) One dozen.
5. After Mali falls to Kanty, what is life like in Mema?
(a) It is violent.
(b) It is worrisome.
(c) It is exciting.
(d) It is peaceful.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Sundiata travels toward Soumaoro, what do the cities he passes through give to him?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Sundiata attempts to give to Tounkara as payment?
3. From which animal is a magical feather plucked that will be the downfall of Soumaoro?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sogolon's physical condition when her children are full-grown?
5. Which town is also knows as "the land of Sogolon?"
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)