|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
(a) Because they fight in matching uniforms.
(b) Because they fight at night.
(c) Because they fight with only their bare fists.
(d) Because they fight without wearing shoes.
2. Why did the kings of Mali respect Sundiata when he was a boy?
(a) Because he could name all his relatives.
(b) Because he could name every constallation in the sky.
(c) Because he could name every flower that grew in Mali.
(d) Because he could name every king that ever ruled Mali.
3. What weapon does Sundiata use when he attempts to kill Soumaoro?
(a) A knife.
(b) A spear.
(c) A hatchet.
(d) A sword.
4. How many nations meet with Sundiata at his rise to power?
5. Which way does the wind blow, signaling to Sundiata that it is time to return home?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the Malian merchants first spotted?
2. Aside from Nana Triban, who is the only other person who understands the dangers in Soumaoro's chambers?
3. What is Fassyky's first name?
4. What do the Malian merchants tell Sundiata about Mali?
5. How do Tounkara's men feel about joining up with Sundiata's army?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)