|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't Sundiata able to kill Soumaoro on his first attempt?
(a) Because his strike misses Soumaoro's neck.
(b) Because another man jumped in front of the blow that should have killed Soumaoro.
(c) Because Soumaoro is invincible.
(d) Because Soumaoro is stronger than Sundiata anticipated.
2. What did Siara Kouman Konaty send to Sundiata in order to help him in his battle agains Soumaoro?
3. After Sundiata abandons Soumaoro, who does he seek out to destroy?
(a) Soumaoro's parents.
(b) Soumaoro's allies.
(c) Soumaoro's children.
(d) Soumaoro's followers.
4. Who is Siara Kouman Konaty?
(a) Sundiata's uncle.
(b) Sundiata's nephew.
(c) Sundiata's cousin.
(d) Sundiata's brother.
5. Which character in the text does Fassyky compare to the land where he spent his chilldood?
(b) Manding Bory.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom do Sundiata's soldiers tell their stories of battle in the hopes that they will be made into legends?
2. How do Sundiata's allies treat his prisoners of war at the celebration?
3. How does the adult Sundiata spend most of his days in Mali?
4. How do the merchants address Sundiata?
5. What do the kings of the nation give to Sundiata when they proclaim him emperor of the land?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)