|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is Sundiata traveling toward in order to battle with Soumaoro?
2. Who does Fassyky claim should pay the price for Soumaoro's evils?
(a) The entire nation.
(b) The people of Sosso.
(c) Only Soumaoro.
(d) Soumaoro's son.
3. Who is Siara Kouman Konaty?
(a) Sundiata's uncle.
(b) Sundiata's brother.
(c) Sundiata's nephew.
(d) Sundiata's cousin.
4. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
(a) Because they fight without wearing shoes.
(b) Because they fight at night.
(c) Because they fight in matching uniforms.
(d) Because they fight with only their bare fists.
5. Who first spots the Malian merchants in Mema?
(c) Manding Bory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character in the text does Fassyky compare to the land where he spent his chilldood?
2. What do the failing troops see that cause them to muster up enough courage to defeat Soumaoro's men?
3. How does Sundiata's family react to the arrival of the Malian merchants?
4. What part of Sundiata's body begins to glow after he drinks from a magical stream of water?
5. How does the adult Sundiata spend most of his days in Mali?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)