|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the Malian people believe can become king one day?
(a) Any one.
(b) The least expected child.
(c) The proper heir of the king.
(d) The one most worthy.
2. Out of what metal does Sundiata ask the blacksmiths to make his walking rod?
3. Who does Sogolon worry might kill Manding Bory?
4. What does Sogolon beg to borrow from Sassouma?
(a) A berry.
(b) A branch.
(c) A leaf.
(d) An egg.
5. Who does Sassouma consult with to help in her plot against Sogolon?
(a) The sorcerers.
(b) The medicine man.
(c) The musicians.
(d) The entertainers.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Kouyaty's story, of what material does Kanty sew his clothing?
2. Who is named heir to the throne once the king dies?
3. Which group of African people is focused on in Sundiata's story?
4. To which family member is young Djata most attached?
5. What object does the hunter use to tell the king's fortune?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sassouma meet with the sorcerers in the village after Sogolon's arrival?
2. How does Djata learn to walk?
3. Why does Sundiata go into exile?
4. Why does Fassyky ask for a private conference with Fran Kamara upon returning to Mali?
5. How does Sassouma try to convince the nine witches to kill Sundiata?
6. How does Sundiata collect the army that fights with him in Tabon?
7. What happens when Sundiata outwits Konkon, the king of Djedeba?
8. Who were the early kings of Mali?
9. How do the Malian people feel about a heavenly God?
10. How does Sundiata react to the reunification with Nana Triban, and what steps does he take to bring the land of Mali back together?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)