|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many wives does Sundiata's father have?
2. What does Sassouma plot to do to Sogolon?
(a) Injure her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Exile her.
(d) Humiliate her.
3. How do the people of Mali treat Sundiata after the king dies?
(a) They ignore him.
(b) They are kind to him.
(c) They revere him.
(d) They mock him.
4. Out of what metal does Sundiata ask the blacksmiths to make his walking rod?
5. What is the name of the king's first wife?
(b) Mansa Konkon.
(d) Do Mansing.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which African country does this story take place?
2. How does the king react to the news that Sogolon has gone into labor?
3. What does Kanty's magical instrument alert him of?
4. What type of tree is Maghan Kon Fatta's favorite type of tree to rest under?
5. How does the king react to the news that Sogolon has given birth to an ugly daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who were the early kings of Mali?
2. What causes Fakoli to turn against his uncle, Kanty?
3. What happens when the king loses hope that Djata will grow to be a great king?
4. What happens when the warriors meet a starving, old woman in Do?
5. What changes does Sundiata make in the African nation after he is appointed emperor?
6. How does Djata learn to walk?
7. How are Sundiata's troops entertained on the evening before the battle of Krishna?
8. Why do the people of Mali flood to Soumaoro's old land, and what do they steal from his store houses?
9. What happens during Sundiata's first battle against Soumaoro?
10. Who is Soumaoro Kanty?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)