|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Maghan Kon Fatta?
(a) Sundiata's brother.
(b) Sundiata's father.
(c) Sundiata's son.
(d) Sundiata's grandfather.
2. From which direction does the hunter promise a "great light" will come from?
(a) From the north.
(b) From the east.
(c) From the south.
(d) From the west.
3. What are Sundiata's ancestors known for being able to extract from plants and herbs that others cannot?
4. Who does Sassouma consult with to help in her plot against Sogolon?
(a) The entertainers.
(b) The sorcerers.
(c) The musicians.
(d) The medicine man.
5. Who is named heir to the throne once the king dies?
(c) Manding Bory.
(d) Djeli Mamoudou Kouyate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Sundiata use to dual with Konkon?
2. What animal is terrorizing the land of Do?
3. How does the king react to the news that Sogolon has gone into labor?
4. What physical attribute does the hunter have which prompts the king's men to think he is evil?
5. Who falls ill, causing king Soumaba to relocate the family to a river country?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sogolon eventually become the king's favorite wife?
2. Who were the early kings of Mali?
3. What happens during Sundiata's first battle against Soumaoro?
4. Why does Sundiata go into exile?
5. How have Sundiata's childhood friends sought to help him in his return to Mali?
6. What happens that causes the usually patient Sologon to beat Djata?
7. What confession does Nana Triban make to Sundiata when they are reunited?
8. How did Sundiata come to inherit the land of Mema?
9. What happens when Mali wages war against Kanty?
10. How does Sundiata collect the army that fights with him in Tabon?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)