|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dankaran take away from Sundiata, sending him into a fury?
(a) His mother.
(b) His garden.
(c) His griot.
(d) His brother.
2. In Kouyaty's story, of what material does Kanty sew his clothing?
(a) Human skin.
(b) Dollar bills.
(c) Gold thread.
(d) Leopard fur.
3. What are Sundiata's ancestors known for being able to extract from plants and herbs that others cannot?
4. What physical deformity does the hunter tell the king his future wife should have?
(a) She should be a dwarf.
(b) She should be a humpback.
(c) She should be a mute.
(d) She should be a giant.
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Djata's physicality as a boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sundiata visits Ghana, what does he realize about the people who live there?
2. Who do the Malian people believe can become king one day?
3. Which character is forced into Kanty's employment?
4. Which of the following characters does NOT enter exile with Sundiata?
5. What is the name of Sassouma's son, who is set to inherit the king's throne?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sundiata travels to Niani, what differences does he note in the land now that he has come to power?
2. How did Sundiata come to inherit the land of Mema?
3. Why are the griots considered "vessels of the past?"
4. How does the reader receive the information about Sundiata's friends and their lives after the fall of Mali?
5. How have Sundiata's childhood friends sought to help him in his return to Mali?
6. Why does Sundiata threaten the king of Mema, Tounkara?
7. What changes does Sundiata make in the African nation after he is appointed emperor?
8. Who is Manding Bory, and what role does he play in Sundiata'slife?
9. How does Djata learn to walk?
10. How do the Malian people feel about a heavenly God?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)