|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sundiata discover about Mansa Konkon, the king of Djedeba?
(a) That he is a great sorcerer.
(b) That he is a great swimmer.
(c) That he is a great hunter.
(d) That he is a great warrior.
2. Which of the following countries is under Kanty's rule?
3. How does Kanty treat men who disagree with him?
(a) He puts them in prison.
(b) He kills them.
(c) He tortures them.
(d) He debates with them.
4. How does Sassouma feel about young Djata and the fact that he is seemingly slow?
(a) She is worried.
(b) She is apathetic.
(c) She is pleased.
(d) She is confused.
5. Where does Kouyaty begin his story of Sundiata?
(a) When Sundiata begins to walk.
(b) When Sundiata is born.
(c) When Sundiata becomes a man.
(d) When Sundiata dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do ancient African kings want griots?
2. Which of the following characters is the griot of Sundiata's story?
3. How does the room respond when Fassyky plays Kanty's magical musical instrument?
4. Why does the hunter revere small seeds?
5. What does Kanty's magical instrument alert him of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Malian people feel about a heavenly God?
2. When the hunter gives the king his fortune, what does he say?
3. What changes does Sundiata make in the African nation after he is appointed emperor?
4. Why do Sundiata and Soumaoro continue to battle with each other even after the initial fight that wiped out Soumaoro's men?
5. How well did Sundiata's ancestors know the land they were raised in, and how can you tell?
6. What happens when Sundiata throws a spear at Soumaoro's chest in battle?
7. Why does Sassouma meet with the sorcerers in the village after Sogolon's arrival?
8. What causes Fakoli to turn against his uncle, Kanty?
9. What does Dankaran do that causes Sundiata to fly into a rage?
10. What happens when Sundiata outwits Konkon, the king of Djedeba?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)