|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sassouma force Sologon to live after the king dies?
(a) Out in the woods, far away from the palace.
(b) In a pig sty.
(c) In the desert.
(d) In a small patch behind the palace.
2. To what religion do Sundiata's ancestors belong?
3. Who do the Malian people believe should be the true king of Mali?
4. What does Sassouma plot to do to Sogolon?
(a) Injure her.
(b) Kill her.
(c) Humiliate her.
(d) Exile her.
5. What gift did ancient African kings believe griots could give them?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sundiata's relatives travel for advise at the opening of the story?
2. What weapon does Sundiata use to dual with Konkon?
3. When the king dies, what does he give to Djata on his deathbed?
4. How does Dankaran respond when Kanty demands rule of Mali?
5. Which group of African people is focused on in Sundiata's story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes does Sundiata make in the African nation after he is appointed emperor?
2. Why does Sassouma meet with the sorcerers in the village after Sogolon's arrival?
3. How is Djata described when the audiences sees him again at the age of three?
4. Who were the early kings of Mali?
5. Why are the griots considered "vessels of the past?"
6. What does Dankaran do that causes Sundiata to fly into a rage?
7. Who is Sassouma, and how does she react to Sogolon?
8. What happens when the warriors meet a starving, old woman in Do?
9. What is a griot?
10. How does the reader receive the information about Sundiata's friends and their lives after the fall of Mali?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)