|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Maghan Kon Fatta?
(a) Sundiata's son.
(b) Sundiata's father.
(c) Sundiata's grandfather.
(d) Sundiata's brother.
2. What is the name of Sassouma's son, who is set to inherit the king's throne?
3. Griots are considered "vessels of _____ ."
(a) The future.
(b) The present.
(c) The past.
4. Which of the following is the most important task for a griot to accomplish?
(a) To interpret.
(b) To remember.
(c) To judge.
(d) To predict.
5. Out of what metal does Sundiata ask the blacksmiths to make his walking rod?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Djata's physicality as a boy?
2. How is Kanty related to Fakoli?
3. Why is Sassouma jealous of Sogolon?
4. What object does the hunter use to tell the king's fortune?
5. What does Dankaran take away from Sundiata, sending him into a fury?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Malian merchants greet Sundiata, and what news do they bring from home?
2. Why does Fassyky ask for a private conference with Fran Kamara upon returning to Mali?
3. How does Sundiata's life change as he matures into a full-grown man in Mema?
4. Why do the people of Mali flood to Soumaoro's old land, and what do they steal from his store houses?
5. According to the griot, what parts of Sundiata's legacy are still standing in present-day Mali?
6. How does the reader receive the information about Sundiata's friends and their lives after the fall of Mali?
7. How have Sundiata's friends been living since the fall of Mali?
8. How do the people of Mali react to the news that Sundiata has arrived to return the land to them?
9. How do Soumaoro and Sundiata communicate before the battle of Krina?
10. How does the king respond to the hunter who makes him an offering?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)