|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which family member is young Djata most attached?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
2. In which African country does this story take place?
3. How does Kanty treat men who disagree with him?
(a) He tortures them.
(b) He puts them in prison.
(c) He kills them.
(d) He debates with them.
4. What type of tree is Maghan Kon Fatta's favorite type of tree to rest under?
(a) An ash tree.
(b) A magnolia tree.
(c) A pomegranate tree.
(d) A silk-cotton tree.
5. Which of the following activities do Sundiata's ancestors excel at?
Short Answer Questions
1. From which direction does the hunter promise a "great light" will come from?
2. Where does Kouyaty begin his story of Sundiata?
3. Which of the following ailments affects Sundiata?
4. What object does the hunter use to tell the king's fortune?
5. How is Kanty related to Fakoli?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the reader receive the information about Sundiata's friends and their lives after the fall of Mali?
2. How were Nana Triban and Sundiata reunited?
3. How does Sundiata strip Soumaoro of his magical powers?
4. What unusual event takes place at the new baby's naming ceremony?
5. What happens when Sundiata throws a spear at Soumaoro's chest in battle?
6. How do the Malian people feel about a heavenly God?
7. What happens when Sundiata outwits Konkon, the king of Djedeba?
8. How have Sundiata's childhood friends sought to help him in his return to Mali?
9. Why does Sassouma meet with the sorcerers in the village after Sogolon's arrival?
10. What demands does Kanty make of the African nations, and what is Dankaran's response?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)