|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Sundiata wander in the desert before settling in Djedeba?
(a) Thirteen years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Nine years.
(d) Five years.
2. How do the warriors kill the animal that is terrorizing Do?
(a) With kindness.
(b) With their stamina.
(c) With their spirituality.
(d) With their spears.
3. What animal do the villagers attribute to the new baby?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) A lion.
(c) A gorilla.
(d) A gazelle.
4. Which of the following ailments affects Sundiata?
(a) He is mute.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is lame.
5. Who falls ill, causing king Soumaba to relocate the family to a river country?
(d) Manding Bory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fakoli react to Kanty's theft?
2. Who does Sassouma consult with to help in her plot against Sogolon?
3. What is the name of Sassouma's son, who is set to inherit the king's throne?
4. How does the king react to the news that Sogolon has given birth to an ugly daughter?
5. Which of the following types of poems is the genre which "Sundiata" belongs to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction when Sogolon goes into labor?
2. What happens during Sundiata's first battle against Soumaoro?
3. How does Djata learn to walk?
4. What happens when the leaders of the twelve nations meet with Sundiata in Ka-ba?
5. How have Sundiata's childhood friends sought to help him in his return to Mali?
6. How does Sundiata strip Soumaoro of his magical powers?
7. How are Sundiata's troops entertained on the evening before the battle of Krishna?
8. How does Sassouma treat Sologon once Dankaran rises to power?
9. How does the reader receive the information about Sundiata's friends and their lives after the fall of Mali?
10. What does Dankaran do that causes Sundiata to fly into a rage?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)