|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following groups of people claimed to know all along that Sundiata would rise up and walk?
(a) The griots.
(b) The sorcerers.
(c) The witches.
(d) The outcasts.
2. What does the king give to his subjects in celebration for the birth of the new child?
3. How does the king react to the news that Sogolon has given birth to an ugly daughter?
(a) He bans her from the palace.
(b) He weeps next to his wife.
(c) He loves his new daughter as he does his sons.
(d) He calls for the sorcerers to cleanse Sogolon's womb.
4. What skill does Fassyky teach Sundiata to do?
5. What does Sassouma plot to do to Sogolon?
(a) Injure her.
(b) Humiliate her.
(c) Exile her.
(d) Kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical attribute does the hunter have which prompts the king's men to think he is evil?
2. Why does the hunter revere small seeds?
3. What object does the hunter use to tell the king's fortune?
4. Who does Sassouma consult with to help in her plot against Sogolon?
5. In which African country does this story take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are the Malian merchants discovered in Mema, and what is the reaction to their arrival?
2. How does Sassouma treat Sologon once Dankaran rises to power?
3. What happens when the leaders of the twelve nations meet with Sundiata in Ka-ba?
4. How does Djata learn to walk?
5. Why does Sundiata go into exile?
6. Why does Sassouma meet with the sorcerers in the village after Sogolon's arrival?
7. How does Kanty react when he finds that Fassyky has broken in to his chambers?
8. What happens when Sundiata outwits Konkon, the king of Djedeba?
9. How does Sundiata collect the army that fights with him in Tabon?
10. How do the people of Mali react to the news that Sundiata has arrived to return the land to them?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)