|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Sassouma jealous of Sogolon?
(a) Because she is pregnant with the king's child.
(b) Because she comes from a wealthier family.
(c) Because she is more beautiful.
(d) Because the villagers love her.
2. Who falls ill, causing king Soumaba to relocate the family to a river country?
(d) Manding Bory.
3. What are Sundiata's ancestors known for being able to extract from plants and herbs that others cannot?
4. After what event does Sundiata promise to stand up and walk?
(a) After a humiliating beating.
(b) After Dankaran rises to power.
(c) After his eighteenth birthday.
(d) After his mother passes away.
5. What weapon does Sundiata use to dual with Konkon?
(a) A boomerang.
(b) A sword.
(c) A mallet.
(d) A bow and arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sassouma feel about young Djata and the fact that he is seemingly slow?
2. Which character is forced into Kanty's employment?
3. How many witches does Sassouma hire to kill Sundiata?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sogolon?
5. What does Kanty's magical instrument alert him of?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the hunter gives the king his fortune, what does he say?
2. Why does Sassouma meet with the sorcerers in the village after Sogolon's arrival?
3. How does Djata learn to walk?
4. According to the griot, what parts of Sundiata's legacy are still standing in present-day Mali?
5. What happens when the warriors meet a starving, old woman in Do?
6. What confession does Nana Triban make to Sundiata when they are reunited?
7. How does Sassouma treat Sologon once Dankaran rises to power?
8. Why does Sundiata threaten the king of Mema, Tounkara?
9. How is Djata described when the audiences sees him again at the age of three?
10. What is a griot?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)