|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is Sundiata named heir to a childless king?
2. What weapon does Sundiata use to dual with Konkon?
(a) A sword.
(b) A mallet.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) A boomerang.
3. How does Fassyky win over Kanty's heart, and convince him not to kill him?
(a) He bribes Kanty with bags of gold.
(b) He threatens Kanty with Sundiata's power.
(c) He sings Kanty a song.
(d) He begs Kanty for his life.
4. Which of the following activities do Sundiata's ancestors excel at?
5. Who does Sogolon worry might kill Manding Bory?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose responsibility is it to track the history of African families?
2. To which family member is young Djata most attached?
3. Whose griot is Kouyaty?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sogolon?
5. What does Sundiata discover about Mansa Konkon, the king of Djedeba?
Short Essay Questions
1. What demands does Kanty make of the African nations, and what is Dankaran's response?
2. How does Sogolon eventually become the king's favorite wife?
3. How does Sundiata honor his memory of the old buffalo woman?
4. How well did Sundiata's ancestors know the land they were raised in, and how can you tell?
5. Why do Sundiata and Soumaoro continue to battle with each other even after the initial fight that wiped out Soumaoro's men?
6. How do the Malian merchants greet Sundiata, and what news do they bring from home?
7. What happens when the warriors meet a starving, old woman in Do?
8. How have Sundiata's childhood friends sought to help him in his return to Mali?
9. When the hunter gives the king his fortune, what does he say?
10. How does Djata learn to walk?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)