|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Out of what metal does Sundiata ask the blacksmiths to make his walking rod?
2. Where does Kouyaty begin his story of Sundiata?
(a) When Sundiata is born.
(b) When Sundiata becomes a man.
(c) When Sundiata dies.
(d) When Sundiata begins to walk.
3. Who is Maghan Kon Fatta?
(a) Sundiata's son.
(b) Sundiata's grandfather.
(c) Sundiata's brother.
(d) Sundiata's father.
4. Which of the following activities do Sundiata's ancestors excel at?
5. How many witches does Sassouma hire to kill Sundiata?
(d) Nine hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the king react to the news that Sogolon has given birth to an ugly daughter?
2. How long does Sundiata wander in the desert before settling in Djedeba?
3. From whom do Sundiata's ancestors seek advise at the opening of the story?
4. What do the Malian people believe is the most definitive characteristic of the heavenly God?
5. How long does Sassouma decide to wait until she finishes her plot against Sogolon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Fakoli to turn against his uncle, Kanty?
2. What happens when Sundiata visits a spiritual river and prays there?
3. Why does Sundiata go into exile?
4. How does Sundiata react to the reunification with Nana Triban, and what steps does he take to bring the land of Mali back together?
5. When the hunter gives the king his fortune, what does he say?
6. How does Sundiata's life change as he matures into a full-grown man in Mema?
7. What does Dankaran do that causes Sundiata to fly into a rage?
8. How does Djata learn to walk?
9. What does Fassyky find in Kanty's sorcery chambers?
10. Why does Sassouma meet with the sorcerers in the village after Sogolon's arrival?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)