|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which group of African people is focused on in Sundiata's story?
(a) The peseants.
(b) The servants.
(c) The working class.
(d) The kings.
2. What is the role of a griot?
(a) Spiritual advisor.
(b) Story teller.
(c) Medicine man.
3. Why do ancient African kings want griots?
(a) Because griots were thought to be magical.
(b) To be able to pour out their deepest secrets.
(c) To keep their memories alive.
(d) To have constant companionship.
4. Which of the following musical instruments is magical in Kanty's chamber?
(a) A flute.
(b) A piano.
(c) A drum.
(d) A xylophone.
5. What is the name of Sassouma's son, who is set to inherit the king's throne?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Djata's physicality as a boy?
2. Which of the following ailments affects Sundiata?
3. From what land is the hunter from?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Kanty?
5. Whose griot is Kouyaty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sundiata treat the people of Sosso when he arrives there?
2. How are Sundiata's troops entertained on the evening before the battle of Krishna?
3. How does Djata learn to walk?
4. How does Kanty react when he finds that Fassyky has broken in to his chambers?
5. How does Sassouma try to convince the nine witches to kill Sundiata?
6. Why does Sundiata threaten the king of Mema, Tounkara?
7. How does Sundiata collect the army that fights with him in Tabon?
8. What does Dankaran do that causes Sundiata to fly into a rage?
9. What happens when the warriors meet a starving, old woman in Do?
10. What confession does Nana Triban make to Sundiata when they are reunited?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)