|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the warriors kill the animal that is terrorizing Do?
(a) With kindness.
(b) With their spirituality.
(c) With their spears.
(d) With their stamina.
2. How does Kanty treat men who disagree with him?
(a) He tortures them.
(b) He debates with them.
(c) He puts them in prison.
(d) He kills them.
3. Why does Sogolon believe Djata does not speak with other children?
(a) Because he is too slow.
(b) Because he is intimidated by other children.
(c) Because he does not understand human language.
(d) Because he is more advanced than they are.
4. Which of the following is NOT something that Fassyky discovers in Kanty's sorcery chamber?
(a) Musical instruments.
(b) Human remains.
(c) Strange animals.
(d) Sacks of gold coins.
5. What physical deformity does the hunter tell the king his future wife should have?
(a) She should be a humpback.
(b) She should be a dwarf.
(c) She should be a mute.
(d) She should be a giant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the role of a griot?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Djata's physicality as a boy?
3. What does Dankaran take away from Sundiata, sending him into a fury?
4. Which of the following musical instruments is magical in Kanty's chamber?
5. After what event does Sundiata promise to stand up and walk?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sogolon eventually become the king's favorite wife?
2. What one complaint does the griot have at the close of the book about modern day audiences in response to Sundiata's story?
3. What demands does Kanty make of the African nations, and what is Dankaran's response?
4. How does Sundiata react to the reunification with Nana Triban, and what steps does he take to bring the land of Mali back together?
5. How does Sassouma treat Sologon once Dankaran rises to power?
6. What changes does Sundiata make in the African nation after he is appointed emperor?
7. Why did ancient kings initially want griots?
8. Who were the early kings of Mali?
9. How were Nana Triban and Sundiata reunited?
10. How does Sundiata honor his memory of the old buffalo woman?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)