|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Kanty?
2. How does Fassyky win over Kanty's heart, and convince him not to kill him?
(a) He threatens Kanty with Sundiata's power.
(b) He begs Kanty for his life.
(c) He sings Kanty a song.
(d) He bribes Kanty with bags of gold.
3. Who first spreads the gossip that Sundiata has sworn to stand up and walk?
(d) Manding Bory.
4. In Kouyaty's story, of what material does Kanty sew his clothing?
(a) Leopard fur.
(b) Human skin.
(c) Gold thread.
(d) Dollar bills.
5. What appears in the sky at the moment that Sagolon's baby is born?
(a) A flash of lightning.
(b) A storm cloud.
(c) A rainbow.
(d) A ray of sunshine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the king fear marrying Sogolon?
2. Which of the following elements does Kanty and his men have mastery over?
3. What does Kanty steal from Fakoli?
4. Where does Kouyaty begin his story of Sundiata?
5. Who is named heir to the throne once the king dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that causes the usually patient Sologon to beat Djata?
2. Why is Sogolon presented as a gift to the king?
3. How do the Malian merchants greet Sundiata, and what news do they bring from home?
4. Who is Sassouma, and how does she react to Sogolon?
5. How does Djata learn to walk?
6. How have Sundiata's childhood friends sought to help him in his return to Mali?
7. How does Sundiata treat the people of Sosso when he arrives there?
8. What unusual event takes place at the new baby's naming ceremony?
9. What happens when the king loses hope that Djata will grow to be a great king?
10. Why does Sundiata threaten the king of Mema, Tounkara?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)