|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT enter exile with Sundiata?
(c) All of the above.
(d) Manding Bory.
2. What does the king give to his subjects in celebration for the birth of the new child?
3. How long does Sundiata wander in the desert before settling in Djedeba?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Thirteen years.
(d) Seven years.
4. Which of the following types of poems is the genre which "Sundiata" belongs to?
5. What type of tree is Maghan Kon Fatta's favorite type of tree to rest under?
(a) A pomegranate tree.
(b) A magnolia tree.
(c) A silk-cotton tree.
(d) An ash tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maghan Kon Fatta?
2. What is the role of a griot?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Djata's physicality as a boy?
4. Who first spreads the gossip that Sundiata has sworn to stand up and walk?
5. Who urges Dankaran to hate his brothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that causes the usually patient Sologon to beat Djata?
2. How does Sundiata react to the reunification with Nana Triban, and what steps does he take to bring the land of Mali back together?
3. What happens when Sundiata outwits Konkon, the king of Djedeba?
4. What is a griot?
5. What happens when Mali wages war against Kanty?
6. What happens when the king loses hope that Djata will grow to be a great king?
7. How do the Malian people feel about a heavenly God?
8. Why does Sundiata threaten the king of Mema, Tounkara?
9. How does Sundiata honor his memory of the old buffalo woman?
10. Why is Sogolon presented as a gift to the king?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)