|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following activities do Sundiata's ancestors excel at?
2. From whom do Sundiata's ancestors seek advise at the opening of the story?
3. In what country is Sundiata named heir to a childless king?
4. What physical attribute does the hunter have which prompts the king's men to think he is evil?
(a) He has blue eyes.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He has fair skin.
(d) He is left handed.
5. What is the weather like when Sogolon first goes into labor?
(a) It is raining.
(b) It is hailing.
(c) It is snowing.
(d) It is sunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sassouma force Sologon to live after the king dies?
2. What does Kanty's magical instrument alert him of?
3. Which of the following elements does Kanty and his men have mastery over?
4. What does Dankaran take away from Sundiata, sending him into a fury?
5. How old does Sassouma claim Dankaran was when he first began to collect baobob?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did ancient kings initially want griots?
2. How do the people of Mali react to the news that Sundiata has arrived to return the land to them?
3. How does Kanty react when he finds that Fassyky has broken in to his chambers?
4. How does Sundiata honor his memory of the old buffalo woman?
5. What is a griot?
6. What happens when the warriors meet a starving, old woman in Do?
7. What unusual event takes place at the new baby's naming ceremony?
8. What is the reaction when Sogolon goes into labor?
9. How does Djata learn to walk?
10. How are the Malian merchants discovered in Mema, and what is the reaction to their arrival?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)