|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Maghan Kon Fatta?
(a) Sundiata's father.
(b) Sundiata's brother.
(c) Sundiata's grandfather.
(d) Sundiata's son.
2. From whom do Sundiata's ancestors seek advise at the opening of the story?
3. Which of the following elements does Kanty and his men have mastery over?
4. Who does Sogolon worry might kill Manding Bory?
5. What object does the hunter use to tell the king's fortune?
(b) Tea leaves.
(d) Tarot cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree is Maghan Kon Fatta's favorite type of tree to rest under?
2. Who is Fran Kamara?
3. What is the role of a griot?
4. How do the people of Mali treat Sundiata after the king dies?
5. What does Kanty demand from his country's neighboring lands?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Malian people feel about a heavenly God?
2. Why do Sundiata and Soumaoro continue to battle with each other even after the initial fight that wiped out Soumaoro's men?
3. How does Sundiata react to the reunification with Nana Triban, and what steps does he take to bring the land of Mali back together?
4. What happens when Sundiata throws a spear at Soumaoro's chest in battle?
5. Who is Sassouma, and how does she react to Sogolon?
6. Who is Manding Bory, and what role does he play in Sundiata'slife?
7. Why did ancient kings initially want griots?
8. What happens when Mali wages war against Kanty?
9. What happens that causes the usually patient Sologon to beat Djata?
10. What does Fassyky find in Kanty's sorcery chambers?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)