Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city is Sundiata traveling toward in order to battle with Soumaoro?
2. Who does Fassyky claim should pay the price for Soumaoro's evils?
(a) The entire nation.
(b) The people of Sosso.
(c) Only Soumaoro.
(d) Soumaoro's son.
3. Who is Siara Kouman Konaty?
(a) Sundiata's uncle.
(b) Sundiata's brother.
(c) Sundiata's nephew.
(d) Sundiata's cousin.
4. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
(a) Because they fight without wearing shoes.
(b) Because they fight at night.
(c) Because they fight in matching uniforms.
(d) Because they fight with only their bare fists.
5. Who first spots the Malian merchants in Mema?
(c) Manding Bory.
6. Which character in the text does Fassyky compare to the land where he spent his chilldood?
(b) Manding Bory.
7. What do the failing troops see that cause them to muster up enough courage to defeat Soumaoro's men?
(a) Sundiata riding past them on horseback.
(b) The clouds breaking way for sunlight.
(c) A small Malian baby separated from her mother.
(d) The angels of Sundiata's ancestors.
8. How does Sundiata's family react to the arrival of the Malian merchants?
(a) They are excited.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are nervous.
(d) They are angry.
9. What part of Sundiata's body begins to glow after he drinks from a magical stream of water?
(a) His hair.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His breath.
(d) His blood.
10. How does the adult Sundiata spend most of his days in Mali?
11. After Mali falls to Kanty, what is life like in Mema?
(a) It is exciting.
(b) It is peaceful.
(c) It is worrisome.
(d) It is violent.
12. How many men is Sundiata rumored to be able to fell with one swing of his sword?
(a) One dozen.
13. Where does Sundiata want to bury Sogolon?
(a) In Mali.
(b) In Mema.
(c) In the ocean.
(d) In Ghana.
14. As Sundiata travels toward Soumaoro, what do the cities he passes through give to him?
15. How do Sundiata's allies treat his prisoners of war at the celebration?
(a) They treat the prisoners as brothers.
(b) They treat the prisoners with respect.
(c) They mock the prisoners.
(d) They kill the prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the bird Soumaoro sees and knows that he is doomed?
2. When Soumaoro took over power of Mali, what did he deprive the people of?
3. Which character is considered to have a mighty strength?
4. Why did the kings of Mali respect Sundiata when he was a boy?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Sundiata attempts to give to Tounkara as payment?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)