|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the bird Soumaoro sees and knows that he is doomed?
2. How does Sundiata's family react to the arrival of the Malian merchants?
(a) They are excited.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are nervous.
(d) They are angry.
3. What is Fassyky's first name?
4. What does Sundiata plan to do when he finds Dankaran?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Imprison him.
(c) Reconcile with him.
(d) Exile him.
5. How many animals does Sundiata sacrifice upon returning home to Mali?
6. Who wrote a song about Sundiata on the day her learned to walk?
7. How many men is Sundiata rumored to be able to fell with one swing of his sword?
(b) One dozen.
8. Where does Siara Kouman Konaty live?
(a) In Ghana.
(b) In Mali.
(c) In Toron.
(d) In Mema.
9. When Sundiata prays to his gods, what does he ask them for?
10. How many slices does it take Fran Kamara to chop down a tree?
(a) One hundred.
(c) More than he is able to count.
(d) One thousand.
11. Where are the Malian merchants first spotted?
(a) In the market.
(b) At the watering hole.
(c) At the king's palace.
(d) In the temple.
12. What city is Sundiata traveling toward in order to battle with Soumaoro?
13. What topic does Sundiata find himself does Sundiata find himself discussing with Nana Triban upon returning to Mali?
14. How soon after the arrival of the merchants does Sogolon die?
(a) That night.
(b) Two days later.
(c) The next day.
(d) A week later.
15. What weapon does Sundiata use when he attempts to kill Soumaoro?
(a) A sword.
(b) A spear.
(c) A hatchet.
(d) A knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT part of the celebration of nations that ensues after Sundiata is named emperor?
2. Why isn't Sundiata able to kill Soumaoro on his first attempt?
3. What does the city of Niani become famous for after Sundiata takes power?
4. Who first spots the Malian merchants in Mema?
5. What color are the clothes Sundiata wears in battle?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)