|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people of Mali feel about Sundiata returning to the land?
(a) They support it.
(b) They are too afraid to voice their opinions.
(c) They are against it.
(d) They do not know of his decision.
2. How do the merchants greet Sundiata?
(a) With a bow.
(b) With a salute.
(c) With a kiss.
(d) With a hug.
3. Who wrote a song about Sundiata on the day her learned to walk?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sogolon's physical condition when her children are full-grown?
5. Who does Fassyky claim should pay the price for Soumaoro's evils?
(a) Only Soumaoro.
(b) Soumaoro's son.
(c) The people of Sosso.
(d) The entire nation.
6. What is the name of the city where Sundiata and Soumaoro agree to meet and battle?
7. After Sundiata abandons Soumaoro, who does he seek out to destroy?
(a) Soumaoro's children.
(b) Soumaoro's followers.
(c) Soumaoro's allies.
(d) Soumaoro's parents.
8. How much of his army does Tounkara give to Sundiata when he leaves Mema?
(a) One-third of his army.
(b) One-half of his army.
(c) His entire army.
(d) One-quarter of his army.
9. When Sundiata prays to his gods, what does he ask them for?
10. Which character in the text does Fassyky compare to the land where he spent his chilldood?
(b) Manding Bory.
11. In the battles between Sundiata and Soumaoro's men, who is usually victorious?
(a) Sundiata's men are always victorious.
(b) Soumaoro's men are always victorious.
(c) Sundiata believes there is no victor in these battles.
(d) The armies victories are split evenly.
12. Where are the Malian merchants first spotted?
(a) In the temple.
(b) In the market.
(c) At the king's palace.
(d) At the watering hole.
13. What does the city of Niani become famous for after Sundiata takes power?
14. What is the name of Soumaoro's nephew who joins in Sundiata's army?
15. Which of the following is NOT part of the celebration of nations that ensues after Sundiata is named emperor?
(a) A feasat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the failing troops see that cause them to muster up enough courage to defeat Soumaoro's men?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life Sundiata's friends have led since the fall of Mali?
3. What does Sundiata dress as before he begins his battle?
4. Who is Siara Kouman Konaty?
5. What is Fassyky's first name?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)