|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the people of Mali feel about Sundiata returning to the land?
(a) They do not know of his decision.
(b) They are against it.
(c) They are too afraid to voice their opinions.
(d) They support it.
2. Whose troops does Soumaoro first concentrate on defeating in the battle?
(a) His nephew's.
(c) His son's.
(d) His brother's.
3. What type of party does Sundiata lead for his men on the eve of their big battle?
(a) A dance.
(b) A feast.
(c) A concert.
(d) A prayer service.
4. As Sundiata travels toward Soumaoro, what do the cities he passes through give to him?
5. How does Soumaoro react when he witnesses Sundiata's men wiping out his army?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is entertained.
(d) He is confused.
6. What animal does Sundiata sacrifice in memory of the old buffalo woman?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A hen.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A lamb.
7. What do the failing troops see that cause them to muster up enough courage to defeat Soumaoro's men?
(a) Sundiata riding past them on horseback.
(b) The angels of Sundiata's ancestors.
(c) A small Malian baby separated from her mother.
(d) The clouds breaking way for sunlight.
8. How many men is Sundiata rumored to be able to fell with one swing of his sword?
(d) One dozen.
9. Who is Siara Kouman Konaty?
(a) Sundiata's nephew.
(b) Sundiata's cousin.
(c) Sundiata's uncle.
(d) Sundiata's brother.
10. How many slices does it take Fran Kamara to chop down a tree?
(a) More than he is able to count.
(b) One thousand.
(d) One hundred.
11. Which of the following characters is described as having eyes on the back of his head?
(a) Mansa Traory.
(b) Manding Dory.
(c) Siara Kouman Konaty.
(d) Djeli Mamoudou Kouyate.
12. What does Sundiata plan to do when he finds Dankaran?
(a) Exile him.
(b) Reconcile with him.
(c) Imprison him.
(d) Kill him.
13. Since Sundiata's rise to power, what has happened to the rate of crime in his land?
(a) It has raised.
(b) It has reached zero.
(c) There is no rate of change.
(d) It has lessened slightly.
14. Who does Fassyky claim should pay the price for Soumaoro's evils?
(a) The people of Sosso.
(b) Only Soumaoro.
(c) Soumaoro's son.
(d) The entire nation.
15. How did Nana Triban gain access into Soumaoro's sorcery chambers?
(a) She climbed in through the window.
(b) She went in disguise.
(c) She used the magic xylophone.
(d) She seduced him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are the clothes Sundiata wears in battle?
2. What type of bird do both Sundiata and Soumaoro bewitch to send messages for them?
3. Which character in the text does Fassyky compare to the land where he spent his chilldood?
4. What are the Malian people only too happy to steal from Soumaoro's reserves when he is out of power?
5. Which town is also knows as "the land of Sogolon?"
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)