|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which animal is a magical feather plucked that will be the downfall of Soumaoro?
(a) A vulture.
(b) A flamingo.
(c) A chicken.
(d) An eagle.
2. Why did the kings of Mali respect Sundiata when he was a boy?
(a) Because he could name every flower that grew in Mali.
(b) Because he could name every constallation in the sky.
(c) Because he could name every king that ever ruled Mali.
(d) Because he could name all his relatives.
3. Whose troops does Soumaoro first concentrate on defeating in the battle?
(b) His brother's.
(c) His nephew's.
(d) His son's.
4. How does Soumaoro react when he witnesses Sundiata's men wiping out his army?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He is entertained.
5. How soon after the arrival of the merchants does Sogolon die?
(a) A week later.
(b) That night.
(c) The next day.
(d) Two days later.
6. Which character is considered to have a mighty strength?
(a) Manding Bory.
(c) Fran Kamara.
7. When Nana Triban meets with Sundiata, what does she deny every doing?
(a) Cursing him.
(b) Hating him.
(c) Plotting against him.
(d) Loving him.
8. Who does Fassyky claim should pay the price for Soumaoro's evils?
(a) Soumaoro's son.
(b) The people of Sosso.
(c) The entire nation.
(d) Only Soumaoro.
9. What animal does Sundiata sacrifice in memory of the old buffalo woman?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A hen.
(d) An eagle.
10. What weapon does Sundiata use when he attempts to kill Soumaoro?
(a) A sword.
(b) A hatchet.
(c) A knife.
(d) A spear.
11. How do Sundiata's allies treat his prisoners of war at the celebration?
(a) They treat the prisoners as brothers.
(b) They mock the prisoners.
(c) They kill the prisoners.
(d) They treat the prisoners with respect.
12. What is Fassyky's first name?
13. When Soumaoro took over power of Mali, what did he deprive the people of?
14. What does Sundiata plan to do when he finds Dankaran?
(a) Reconcile with him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Exile him.
(d) Imprison him.
15. How do the merchants address Sundiata?
(a) As their lord.
(b) As their savior.
(c) As their king.
(d) As their master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird do both Sundiata and Soumaoro bewitch to send messages for them?
2. What city is Sundiata traveling toward in order to battle with Soumaoro?
3. What are the Malian people only too happy to steal from Soumaoro's reserves when he is out of power?
4. What did Siara Kouman Konaty send to Sundiata in order to help him in his battle agains Soumaoro?
5. Where does Siara Kouman Konaty live?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)