|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Sundiata sacrifice in memory of the old buffalo woman?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A hen.
(d) A rooster.
2. What city is Sundiata traveling toward in order to battle with Soumaoro?
3. How does Soumaoro react when he witnesses Sundiata's men wiping out his army?
(a) He is entertained.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is nervous.
(d) He is horrified.
4. What do the Malian merchants tell Sundiata about Mali?
(a) That its people are starving.
(b) That it is wealthy.
(c) That it is destroyed.
(d) That it has a strong army.
5. What is the name of Soumaoro's nephew who joins in Sundiata's army?
6. How many slices does it take Fran Kamara to chop down a tree?
(a) One thousand.
(c) More than he is able to count.
(d) One hundred.
7. How do the people of Mali feel about Sundiata returning to the land?
(a) They support it.
(b) They are against it.
(c) They do not know of his decision.
(d) They are too afraid to voice their opinions.
8. When Soumaoro took over power of Mali, what did he deprive the people of?
9. Who is Nana Triban's mother?
(a) Her mother is unknown.
10. Which character is considered to have a mighty strength?
(a) Fran Kamara.
(d) Manding Bory.
11. Who updates the reader on lives of Sundiata's friends?
(b) Sogolon's spirit.
(c) The griot.
(d) Sundiata himself.
12. What is the name of the city where Sundiata meets with the nations to discuss their empire?
13. How much of his army does Tounkara give to Sundiata when he leaves Mema?
(a) One-half of his army.
(b) One-third of his army.
(c) One-quarter of his army.
(d) His entire army.
14. Which old friend does Sundiata stop to pick up before meeting with Soumaoro?
(c) Manding Bory.
15. What color is the bird Soumaoro sees and knows that he is doomed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the merchants address Sundiata?
2. How many nations meet with Sundiata at his rise to power?
3. What do the kings of the nation give to Sundiata when they proclaim him emperor of the land?
4. After Sundiata abandons Soumaoro, who does he seek out to destroy?
5. Since Sundiata's rise to power, what has happened to the rate of crime in his land?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)