|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city where Sundiata meets with the nations to discuss their empire?
2. In the battles between Sundiata and Soumaoro's men, who is usually victorious?
(a) Sundiata's men are always victorious.
(b) Soumaoro's men are always victorious.
(c) Sundiata believes there is no victor in these battles.
(d) The armies victories are split evenly.
3. Why did the kings of Mali respect Sundiata when he was a boy?
(a) Because he could name all his relatives.
(b) Because he could name every constallation in the sky.
(c) Because he could name every king that ever ruled Mali.
(d) Because he could name every flower that grew in Mali.
4. What does the city of Niani become famous for after Sundiata takes power?
5. Which old friend does Sundiata stop to pick up before meeting with Soumaoro?
(a) Manding Bory.
6. Which way does the wind blow, signaling to Sundiata that it is time to return home?
7. Which town is also knows as "the land of Sogolon?"
8. Who steals the feather for Sundiata's bow and arrow?
(c) Nana Tripon.
9. What did Siara Kouman Konaty send to Sundiata in order to help him in his battle agains Soumaoro?
10. Who first spots the Malian merchants in Mema?
(c) Manding Bory.
11. How do Sundiata's allies treat his prisoners of war at the celebration?
(a) They treat the prisoners with respect.
(b) They treat the prisoners as brothers.
(c) They mock the prisoners.
(d) They kill the prisoners.
12. When Nana Triban meets with Sundiata, what does she deny every doing?
(a) Cursing him.
(b) Plotting against him.
(c) Loving him.
(d) Hating him.
13. How does Soumaoro react when he witnesses Sundiata's men wiping out his army?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is entertained.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He is nervous.
14. How did Nana Triban gain access into Soumaoro's sorcery chambers?
(a) She used the magic xylophone.
(b) She went in disguise.
(c) She climbed in through the window.
(d) She seduced him.
15. What animal does Sundiata sacrifice in memory of the old buffalo woman?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A lamb.
(d) A hen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the griot claim is the only think left of Sundiata's reign in present-day Mali?
2. What weapon does Sundiata use when he attempts to kill Soumaoro?
3. What do the people of Mali hope Sundiata can recover?
4. What do the failing troops see that cause them to muster up enough courage to defeat Soumaoro's men?
5. What type of bird do both Sundiata and Soumaoro bewitch to send messages for them?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)