|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the merchants address Sundiata?
(a) As their king.
(b) As their master.
(c) As their savior.
(d) As their lord.
2. How soon after the arrival of the merchants does Sogolon die?
(a) The next day.
(b) That night.
(c) Two days later.
(d) A week later.
3. Why isn't Sundiata able to kill Soumaoro on his first attempt?
(a) Because Soumaoro is stronger than Sundiata anticipated.
(b) Because another man jumped in front of the blow that should have killed Soumaoro.
(c) Because Soumaoro is invincible.
(d) Because his strike misses Soumaoro's neck.
4. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
(a) Because they fight without wearing shoes.
(b) Because they fight in matching uniforms.
(c) Because they fight with only their bare fists.
(d) Because they fight at night.
5. Which of the following is NOT part of the celebration of nations that ensues after Sundiata is named emperor?
(b) A feasat.
6. What do the Malian merchants tell Sundiata about Mali?
(a) That it is wealthy.
(b) That it is destroyed.
(c) That its people are starving.
(d) That it has a strong army.
7. Which character in the text does Fassyky compare to the land where he spent his chilldood?
(a) Manding Bory.
8. What do the failing troops see that cause them to muster up enough courage to defeat Soumaoro's men?
(a) Sundiata riding past them on horseback.
(b) The clouds breaking way for sunlight.
(c) A small Malian baby separated from her mother.
(d) The angels of Sundiata's ancestors.
9. Who is Siara Kouman Konaty?
(a) Sundiata's nephew.
(b) Sundiata's brother.
(c) Sundiata's uncle.
(d) Sundiata's cousin.
10. What color are the clothes Sundiata wears in battle?
11. As Sundiata travels toward Soumaoro, what do the cities he passes through give to him?
12. How do the merchants greet Sundiata?
(a) With a kiss.
(b) With a hug.
(c) With a salute.
(d) With a bow.
13. What type of party does Sundiata lead for his men on the eve of their big battle?
(a) A dance.
(b) A concert.
(c) A feast.
(d) A prayer service.
14. How do the people of Mali feel about Sundiata returning to the land?
(a) They are too afraid to voice their opinions.
(b) They do not know of his decision.
(c) They are against it.
(d) They support it.
15. When Soumaoro took over power of Mali, what did he deprive the people of?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Malian people only too happy to steal from Soumaoro's reserves when he is out of power?
2. How many animals does Sundiata sacrifice upon returning home to Mali?
3. At the party, what history does Fassyky speak about to encourage the troops?
4. Which old friend does Sundiata stop to pick up before meeting with Soumaoro?
5. Which character is considered to have a mighty strength?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)