|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of party does Sundiata lead for his men on the eve of their big battle?
(a) A concert.
(b) A dance.
(c) A prayer service.
(d) A feast.
2. What does the griot claim is the only think left of Sundiata's reign in present-day Mali?
(a) The flowers.
(b) The trees.
(c) The rivers.
(d) The skies.
3. How do the merchants greet Sundiata?
(a) With a hug.
(b) With a salute.
(c) With a kiss.
(d) With a bow.
4. Which character is considered to have a mighty strength?
(a) Fran Kamara.
(b) Manding Bory.
5. Aside from Nana Triban, who is the only other person who understands the dangers in Soumaoro's chambers?
6. Why isn't Sundiata able to kill Soumaoro on his first attempt?
(a) Because another man jumped in front of the blow that should have killed Soumaoro.
(b) Because Soumaoro is stronger than Sundiata anticipated.
(c) Because his strike misses Soumaoro's neck.
(d) Because Soumaoro is invincible.
7. What part of Sundiata's body begins to glow after he drinks from a magical stream of water?
(a) His blood.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His breath.
(d) His hair.
8. What do the people of Mali hope Sundiata can recover?
(a) Their land.
(b) Their faith.
(c) Their money.
(d) Their pride.
9. What topic does Sundiata find himself does Sundiata find himself discussing with Nana Triban upon returning to Mali?
10. After Sundiata abandons Soumaoro, who does he seek out to destroy?
(a) Soumaoro's parents.
(b) Soumaoro's followers.
(c) Soumaoro's allies.
(d) Soumaoro's children.
11. What is the name of the city where Sundiata and Soumaoro agree to meet and battle?
12. What did Siara Kouman Konaty send to Sundiata in order to help him in his battle agains Soumaoro?
13. What does Sundiata promise to do to Mali when he returns?
(a) Keep it exactly as he remembers it.
(b) Build it up better than it has ever been.
(c) Return it to its splendor.
(d) Give it back to the Malian people.
14. When Sundiata prays to his gods, what does he ask them for?
15. What color are the clothes Sundiata wears in battle?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Nana Triban meets with Sundiata, what does she deny every doing?
2. Since Sundiata's rise to power, what has happened to the rate of crime in his land?
3. Which way does the wind blow, signaling to Sundiata that it is time to return home?
4. What is the name of Soumaoro's nephew who joins in Sundiata's army?
5. To whom do Sundiata's soldiers tell their stories of battle in the hopes that they will be made into legends?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)