|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote a song about Sundiata on the day her learned to walk?
2. What does Sundiata plan to do when he finds Dankaran?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Reconcile with him.
(c) Imprison him.
(d) Exile him.
3. Who first spots the Malian merchants in Mema?
(b) Manding Bory.
4. What type of party does Sundiata lead for his men on the eve of their big battle?
(a) A prayer service.
(b) A feast.
(c) A dance.
(d) A concert.
5. At the party, what history does Fassyky speak about to encourage the troops?
(a) The history of Mali.
(b) The history of greatness.
(c) The history of famine.
(d) The history of war.
6. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
(a) Because they fight in matching uniforms.
(b) Because they fight without wearing shoes.
(c) Because they fight with only their bare fists.
(d) Because they fight at night.
7. After Sundiata abandons Soumaoro, who does he seek out to destroy?
(a) Soumaoro's followers.
(b) Soumaoro's allies.
(c) Soumaoro's children.
(d) Soumaoro's parents.
8. What does the griot claim is the only think left of Sundiata's reign in present-day Mali?
(a) The skies.
(b) The flowers.
(c) The rivers.
(d) The trees.
9. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life Sundiata's friends have led since the fall of Mali?
10. Aside from Nana Triban, who is the only other person who understands the dangers in Soumaoro's chambers?
11. What do the failing troops see that cause them to muster up enough courage to defeat Soumaoro's men?
(a) A small Malian baby separated from her mother.
(b) The angels of Sundiata's ancestors.
(c) The clouds breaking way for sunlight.
(d) Sundiata riding past them on horseback.
12. When Soumaoro took over power of Mali, what did he deprive the people of?
13. Which old friend does Sundiata stop to pick up before meeting with Soumaoro?
(c) Manding Bory.
14. What is the name of the city where Sundiata meets with the nations to discuss their empire?
15. How many animals does Sundiata sacrifice upon returning home to Mali?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Siara Kouman Konaty send to Sundiata in order to help him in his battle agains Soumaoro?
2. Where does Sundiata want to construct his palace now that he is in power?
3. What topic does Sundiata find himself does Sundiata find himself discussing with Nana Triban upon returning to Mali?
4. As Sundiata travels toward Soumaoro, what do the cities he passes through give to him?
5. What does the city of Niani become famous for after Sundiata takes power?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)