|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life Sundiata's friends have led since the fall of Mali?
2. What is the name of the city where Sundiata meets with the nations to discuss their empire?
3. What part of Sundiata's body begins to glow after he drinks from a magical stream of water?
(a) His blood.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His breath.
(d) His hair.
4. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
(a) Because they fight at night.
(b) Because they fight without wearing shoes.
(c) Because they fight with only their bare fists.
(d) Because they fight in matching uniforms.
5. When Sundiata prays to his gods, what does he ask them for?
6. Who is Siara Kouman Konaty?
(a) Sundiata's uncle.
(b) Sundiata's brother.
(c) Sundiata's nephew.
(d) Sundiata's cousin.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sogolon's physical condition when her children are full-grown?
8. What is the name of the city where Sundiata and Soumaoro agree to meet and battle?
9. What weapon does Sundiata use when he attempts to kill Soumaoro?
(a) A sword.
(b) A knife.
(c) A spear.
(d) A hatchet.
10. What does Sundiata plan to do when he finds Dankaran?
(a) Exile him.
(b) Imprison him.
(c) Reconcile with him.
(d) Kill him.
11. How do the people of Mali feel about Sundiata returning to the land?
(a) They are too afraid to voice their opinions.
(b) They are against it.
(c) They do not know of his decision.
(d) They support it.
12. What are the Malian people only too happy to steal from Soumaoro's reserves when he is out of power?
(b) Yards of silk.
(d) Gold coins.
13. Which of the following is NOT part of the celebration of nations that ensues after Sundiata is named emperor?
(a) A feasat.
14. What does the griot claim is the only think left of Sundiata's reign in present-day Mali?
(a) The trees.
(b) The skies.
(c) The flowers.
(d) The rivers.
15. Which character is considered to have a mighty strength?
(a) Manding Bory.
(d) Fran Kamara.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Sundiata travels toward Soumaoro, what do the cities he passes through give to him?
2. Where does Siara Kouman Konaty live?
3. After Sundiata abandons Soumaoro, who does he seek out to destroy?
4. Where does Sundiata want to bury Sogolon?
5. To whom do Sundiata's soldiers tell their stories of battle in the hopes that they will be made into legends?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)