|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose troops does Soumaoro first concentrate on defeating in the battle?
(a) His brother's.
(b) His nephew's.
(c) His son's.
2. Where does Sundiata want to construct his palace now that he is in power?
(a) In Sosso.
(b) In Ka-ba.
(c) In Niani.
(d) In Mema.
3. How does Soumaoro react when he witnesses Sundiata's men wiping out his army?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is entertained.
(c) He is horrified.
(d) He is confused.
4. Where does Siara Kouman Konaty live?
(a) In Toron.
(b) In Ghana.
(c) In Mema.
(d) In Mali.
5. Since Sundiata's rise to power, what has happened to the rate of crime in his land?
(a) It has reached zero.
(b) It has raised.
(c) It has lessened slightly.
(d) There is no rate of change.
6. Which way does the wind blow, signaling to Sundiata that it is time to return home?
7. What do the Malian merchants tell Sundiata about Mali?
(a) That it is destroyed.
(b) That it is wealthy.
(c) That it has a strong army.
(d) That its people are starving.
8. Aside from Nana Triban, who is the only other person who understands the dangers in Soumaoro's chambers?
9. In the battles between Sundiata and Soumaoro's men, who is usually victorious?
(a) The armies victories are split evenly.
(b) Sundiata's men are always victorious.
(c) Sundiata believes there is no victor in these battles.
(d) Soumaoro's men are always victorious.
10. How much of his army does Tounkara give to Sundiata when he leaves Mema?
(a) One-quarter of his army.
(b) His entire army.
(c) One-half of his army.
(d) One-third of his army.
11. Why isn't Sundiata able to kill Soumaoro on his first attempt?
(a) Because another man jumped in front of the blow that should have killed Soumaoro.
(b) Because Soumaoro is invincible.
(c) Because Soumaoro is stronger than Sundiata anticipated.
(d) Because his strike misses Soumaoro's neck.
12. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
(a) Because they fight with only their bare fists.
(b) Because they fight in matching uniforms.
(c) Because they fight without wearing shoes.
(d) Because they fight at night.
13. How do Tounkara's men feel about joining up with Sundiata's army?
(a) They refuse to go with him.
(b) They join him hesitantly.
(c) They join him eagerly.
(d) They do not voice their opinion.
14. How do Sundiata's allies treat his prisoners of war at the celebration?
(a) They treat the prisoners as brothers.
(b) They mock the prisoners.
(c) They kill the prisoners.
(d) They treat the prisoners with respect.
15. How soon after the arrival of the merchants does Sogolon die?
(a) That night.
(b) A week later.
(c) Two days later.
(d) The next day.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Sundiata travels toward Soumaoro, what do the cities he passes through give to him?
2. What does Sundiata plan to do when he finds Dankaran?
3. Who first spots the Malian merchants in Mema?
4. What does the city of Niani become famous for after Sundiata takes power?
5. Which old friend does Sundiata stop to pick up before meeting with Soumaoro?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)