|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many nations meet with Sundiata at his rise to power?
2. Who is Nana Triban?
(a) Sundiata's wife.
(b) Sundiata's daughter.
(c) Sundiata's cousin.
(d) Sundiata's sister.
3. Which of the following is NOT something Sundiata attempts to give to Tounkara as payment?
4. Whose troops does Soumaoro first concentrate on defeating in the battle?
(a) His son's.
(b) His brother's.
(c) His nephew's.
5. Who is Siara Kouman Konaty?
(a) Sundiata's nephew.
(b) Sundiata's uncle.
(c) Sundiata's cousin.
(d) Sundiata's brother.
6. How many men is Sundiata rumored to be able to fell with one swing of his sword?
(d) One dozen.
7. What city is Sundiata traveling toward in order to battle with Soumaoro?
8. Who wrote a song about Sundiata on the day her learned to walk?
9. Who is Nana Triban's mother?
(b) Her mother is unknown.
10. What does Sundiata promise to do to Mali when he returns?
(a) Build it up better than it has ever been.
(b) Give it back to the Malian people.
(c) Return it to its splendor.
(d) Keep it exactly as he remembers it.
11. What is the name of the city where Sundiata and Soumaoro agree to meet and battle?
12. Who updates the reader on lives of Sundiata's friends?
(b) Sundiata himself.
(c) Sogolon's spirit.
(d) The griot.
13. What animal does Sundiata sacrifice in memory of the old buffalo woman?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A rooster.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A hen.
14. What color is the bird Soumaoro sees and knows that he is doomed?
15. Which of the following characters is described as having eyes on the back of his head?
(a) Djeli Mamoudou Kouyate.
(b) Mansa Traory.
(c) Siara Kouman Konaty.
(d) Manding Dory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of bird do both Sundiata and Soumaoro bewitch to send messages for them?
2. What type of party does Sundiata lead for his men on the eve of their big battle?
3. Which old friend does Sundiata stop to pick up before meeting with Soumaoro?
4. What does the griot claim is the only think left of Sundiata's reign in present-day Mali?
5. How does Soumaoro react when he witnesses Sundiata's men wiping out his army?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)