|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it typically take Sundiata to fell an entire city Sourmaoro's old empire?
(a) One day.
(b) One week.
(c) One hour.
(d) One month.
2. Why did the kings of Mali respect Sundiata when he was a boy?
(a) Because he could name every flower that grew in Mali.
(b) Because he could name every king that ever ruled Mali.
(c) Because he could name every constallation in the sky.
(d) Because he could name all his relatives.
3. How many animals does Sundiata sacrifice upon returning home to Mali?
4. Who wrote a song about Sundiata on the day her learned to walk?
5. What animal does Sundiata sacrifice in memory of the old buffalo woman?
(a) A lamb.
(b) A rooster.
(c) A hen.
(d) An eagle.
6. What type of party does Sundiata lead for his men on the eve of their big battle?
(a) A feast.
(b) A dance.
(c) A prayer service.
(d) A concert.
7. How soon after the arrival of the merchants does Sogolon die?
(a) A week later.
(b) That night.
(c) Two days later.
(d) The next day.
8. How do the merchants address Sundiata?
(a) As their master.
(b) As their savior.
(c) As their king.
(d) As their lord.
9. From which animal is a magical feather plucked that will be the downfall of Soumaoro?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A chicken.
(c) A flamingo.
(d) A vulture.
10. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life Sundiata's friends have led since the fall of Mali?
11. Where does Siara Kouman Konaty live?
(a) In Mema.
(b) In Mali.
(c) In Toron.
(d) In Ghana.
12. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
(a) Because they fight in matching uniforms.
(b) Because they fight with only their bare fists.
(c) Because they fight without wearing shoes.
(d) Because they fight at night.
13. What is the name of the city where Sundiata meets with the nations to discuss their empire?
14. When Soumaoro took over power of Mali, what did he deprive the people of?
15. Since Sundiata's rise to power, what has happened to the rate of crime in his land?
(a) It has lessened slightly.
(b) It has raised.
(c) There is no rate of change.
(d) It has reached zero.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the bird Soumaoro sees and knows that he is doomed?
2. Where are the Malian merchants first spotted?
3. How many nations meet with Sundiata at his rise to power?
4. How do Tounkara's men feel about joining up with Sundiata's army?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Sundiata attempts to give to Tounkara as payment?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)