|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the failing troops see that cause them to muster up enough courage to defeat Soumaoro's men?
(a) Sundiata riding past them on horseback.
(b) The angels of Sundiata's ancestors.
(c) The clouds breaking way for sunlight.
(d) A small Malian baby separated from her mother.
2. What weapon does Sundiata use when he attempts to kill Soumaoro?
(a) A sword.
(b) A hatchet.
(c) A spear.
(d) A knife.
3. Who updates the reader on lives of Sundiata's friends?
(a) Sogolon's spirit.
(b) The griot.
(d) Sundiata himself.
4. After Mali falls to Kanty, what is life like in Mema?
(a) It is worrisome.
(b) It is violent.
(c) It is exciting.
(d) It is peaceful.
5. What type of bird do both Sundiata and Soumaoro bewitch to send messages for them?
6. Who first spots the Malian merchants in Mema?
(c) Manding Bory.
7. Which character is considered to have a mighty strength?
(a) Manding Bory.
(b) Fran Kamara.
8. Which of the following is NOT something Sundiata attempts to give to Tounkara as payment?
9. Who is Siara Kouman Konaty?
(a) Sundiata's brother.
(b) Sundiata's cousin.
(c) Sundiata's nephew.
(d) Sundiata's uncle.
10. Who is Nana Triban's mother?
(c) Her mother is unknown.
11. Where does Siara Kouman Konaty live?
(a) In Mali.
(b) In Ghana.
(c) In Mema.
(d) In Toron.
12. How much of his army does Tounkara give to Sundiata when he leaves Mema?
(a) One-quarter of his army.
(b) His entire army.
(c) One-half of his army.
(d) One-third of his army.
13. What does Sundiata promise to do to Mali when he returns?
(a) Return it to its splendor.
(b) Build it up better than it has ever been.
(c) Keep it exactly as he remembers it.
(d) Give it back to the Malian people.
14. Which way does the wind blow, signaling to Sundiata that it is time to return home?
15. When Nana Triban meets with Sundiata, what does she deny every doing?
(a) Cursing him.
(b) Plotting against him.
(c) Loving him.
(d) Hating him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the party, what history does Fassyky speak about to encourage the troops?
2. When Soumaoro took over power of Mali, what did he deprive the people of?
3. When Sundiata prays to his gods, what does he ask them for?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life Sundiata's friends have led since the fall of Mali?
5. How did Nana Triban gain access into Soumaoro's sorcery chambers?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)