|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Fassyky claim should pay the price for Soumaoro's evils?
(a) Soumaoro's son.
(b) The people of Sosso.
(c) The entire nation.
(d) Only Soumaoro.
2. In the battles between Sundiata and Soumaoro's men, who is usually victorious?
(a) Sundiata believes there is no victor in these battles.
(b) Sundiata's men are always victorious.
(c) Soumaoro's men are always victorious.
(d) The armies victories are split evenly.
3. When Sundiata prays to his gods, what does he ask them for?
4. What type of party does Sundiata lead for his men on the eve of their big battle?
(a) A concert.
(b) A dance.
(c) A feast.
(d) A prayer service.
5. What is the name of the city where Sundiata and Soumaoro agree to meet and battle?
6. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
(a) Because they fight at night.
(b) Because they fight without wearing shoes.
(c) Because they fight in matching uniforms.
(d) Because they fight with only their bare fists.
7. How do the merchants address Sundiata?
(a) As their master.
(b) As their savior.
(c) As their king.
(d) As their lord.
8. What do the people of Mali hope Sundiata can recover?
(a) Their land.
(b) Their money.
(c) Their pride.
(d) Their faith.
9. From which animal is a magical feather plucked that will be the downfall of Soumaoro?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A flamingo.
(c) A vulture.
(d) A chicken.
10. What do the kings of the nation give to Sundiata when they proclaim him emperor of the land?
(a) Their wives.
(b) Their weapons.
(c) Their crowns.
(d) Their armies.
11. Whose troops does Soumaoro first concentrate on defeating in the battle?
(a) His son's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His nephew's.
12. Where does Sundiata want to bury Sogolon?
(a) In Mali.
(b) In Mema.
(c) In Ghana.
(d) In the ocean.
13. What is the name of the city where Sundiata meets with the nations to discuss their empire?
14. After Sundiata abandons Soumaoro, who does he seek out to destroy?
(a) Soumaoro's parents.
(b) Soumaoro's followers.
(c) Soumaoro's children.
(d) Soumaoro's allies.
15. What city is Sundiata traveling toward in order to battle with Soumaoro?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mali falls to Kanty, what is life like in Mema?
2. How much of his army does Tounkara give to Sundiata when he leaves Mema?
3. What does the city of Niani become famous for after Sundiata takes power?
4. Where does Siara Kouman Konaty live?
5. To whom do Sundiata's soldiers tell their stories of battle in the hopes that they will be made into legends?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)