|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which old friend does Sundiata stop to pick up before meeting with Soumaoro?
(a) Manding Bory.
2. Which of the following is NOT part of the celebration of nations that ensues after Sundiata is named emperor?
(a) A feasat.
3. What does Sundiata dress as before he begins his battle?
(a) A king.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A hunter.
4. Which character is considered to have a mighty strength?
(b) Manding Bory.
(c) Fran Kamara.
5. How many animals does Sundiata sacrifice upon returning home to Mali?
6. To whom do Sundiata's soldiers tell their stories of battle in the hopes that they will be made into legends?
(a) Fran Kamara.
(c) Nana Triban.
7. How does Sundiata's family react to the arrival of the Malian merchants?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are nervous.
(c) They are excited.
(d) They are angry.
8. How does the adult Sundiata spend most of his days in Mali?
9. Where are the Malian merchants first spotted?
(a) At the watering hole.
(b) At the king's palace.
(c) In the temple.
(d) In the market.
10. How does Soumaoro react when he witnesses Sundiata's men wiping out his army?
(a) He is horrified.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is entertained.
11. What is Fassyky's first name?
12. How did Nana Triban gain access into Soumaoro's sorcery chambers?
(a) She used the magic xylophone.
(b) She seduced him.
(c) She climbed in through the window.
(d) She went in disguise.
13. What does Sundiata promise to do to Mali when he returns?
(a) Give it back to the Malian people.
(b) Build it up better than it has ever been.
(c) Keep it exactly as he remembers it.
(d) Return it to its splendor.
14. What topic does Sundiata find himself does Sundiata find himself discussing with Nana Triban upon returning to Mali?
15. What does the griot claim is the only think left of Sundiata's reign in present-day Mali?
(a) The skies.
(b) The trees.
(c) The flowers.
(d) The rivers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sogolon's physical condition when her children are full-grown?
2. After Mali falls to Kanty, what is life like in Mema?
3. What weapon does Sundiata use when he attempts to kill Soumaoro?
4. When Nana Triban meets with Sundiata, what does she deny every doing?
5. What do the kings of the nation give to Sundiata when they proclaim him emperor of the land?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)