|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the griot claim is the only think left of Sundiata's reign in present-day Mali?
(a) The trees.
(b) The skies.
(c) The rivers.
(d) The flowers.
2. When Sundiata prays to his gods, what does he ask them for?
3. Who wrote a song about Sundiata on the day her learned to walk?
4. How many men is Sundiata rumored to be able to fell with one swing of his sword?
(b) One dozen.
5. Whose troops does Soumaoro first concentrate on defeating in the battle?
(b) His nephew's.
(c) His brother's.
(d) His son's.
6. What animal does Sundiata sacrifice in memory of the old buffalo woman?
(a) A rooster.
(b) A lamb.
(c) A hen.
(d) An eagle.
7. Who is Nana Triban's mother?
(b) Her mother is unknown.
8. Who is Siara Kouman Konaty?
(a) Sundiata's brother.
(b) Sundiata's uncle.
(c) Sundiata's cousin.
(d) Sundiata's nephew.
9. How do the merchants address Sundiata?
(a) As their king.
(b) As their lord.
(c) As their savior.
(d) As their master.
10. What city is Sundiata traveling toward in order to battle with Soumaoro?
11. Who updates the reader on lives of Sundiata's friends?
(a) Sundiata himself.
(b) The griot.
(d) Sogolon's spirit.
12. How do Tounkara's men feel about joining up with Sundiata's army?
(a) They join him hesitantly.
(b) They do not voice their opinion.
(c) They join him eagerly.
(d) They refuse to go with him.
13. How does Soumaoro react when he witnesses Sundiata's men wiping out his army?
(a) He is entertained.
(b) He is nervous.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is horrified.
14. How does the adult Sundiata spend most of his days in Mali?
15. What do the people of Mali hope Sundiata can recover?
(a) Their faith.
(b) Their land.
(c) Their pride.
(d) Their money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How soon after the arrival of the merchants does Sogolon die?
2. Where does Siara Kouman Konaty live?
3. How much of his army does Tounkara give to Sundiata when he leaves Mema?
4. Which character in the text does Fassyky compare to the land where he spent his chilldood?
5. Which character is considered to have a mighty strength?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)