|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the failing troops see that cause them to muster up enough courage to defeat Soumaoro's men?
(a) The clouds breaking way for sunlight.
(b) The angels of Sundiata's ancestors.
(c) Sundiata riding past them on horseback.
(d) A small Malian baby separated from her mother.
2. What is the name of Soumaoro's nephew who joins in Sundiata's army?
3. Where are the Malian merchants first spotted?
(a) In the market.
(b) In the temple.
(c) At the king's palace.
(d) At the watering hole.
4. Which of the following is NOT something Sundiata attempts to give to Tounkara as payment?
5. What does Sundiata dress as before he begins his battle?
(a) A king.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A farmer.
6. Which character in the text does Fassyky compare to the land where he spent his chilldood?
(a) Manding Bory.
7. What does Sundiata plan to do when he finds Dankaran?
(a) Imprison him.
(b) Reconcile with him.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Exile him.
8. Who updates the reader on lives of Sundiata's friends?
(a) Sundiata himself.
(b) Sogolon's spirit.
(c) The griot.
9. Which old friend does Sundiata stop to pick up before meeting with Soumaoro?
(d) Manding Bory.
10. Which character is considered to have a mighty strength?
(a) Fran Kamara.
(c) Manding Bory.
11. How many nations meet with Sundiata at his rise to power?
12. Who is Nana Triban?
(a) Sundiata's daughter.
(b) Sundiata's wife.
(c) Sundiata's cousin.
(d) Sundiata's sister.
13. To whom do Sundiata's soldiers tell their stories of battle in the hopes that they will be made into legends?
(b) Fran Kamara.
(d) Nana Triban.
14. Why isn't Sundiata able to kill Soumaoro on his first attempt?
(a) Because his strike misses Soumaoro's neck.
(b) Because another man jumped in front of the blow that should have killed Soumaoro.
(c) Because Soumaoro is stronger than Sundiata anticipated.
(d) Because Soumaoro is invincible.
15. Why did the kings of Mali respect Sundiata when he was a boy?
(a) Because he could name every flower that grew in Mali.
(b) Because he could name every constallation in the sky.
(c) Because he could name every king that ever ruled Mali.
(d) Because he could name all his relatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic does Sundiata find himself does Sundiata find himself discussing with Nana Triban upon returning to Mali?
2. How does the adult Sundiata spend most of his days in Mali?
3. Aside from Nana Triban, who is the only other person who understands the dangers in Soumaoro's chambers?
4. How long does it typically take Sundiata to fell an entire city Sourmaoro's old empire?
5. What is the name of the city where Sundiata meets with the nations to discuss their empire?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)