|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Sundiata's allies treat his prisoners of war at the celebration?
(a) They kill the prisoners.
(b) They mock the prisoners.
(c) They treat the prisoners as brothers.
(d) They treat the prisoners with respect.
2. How does the adult Sundiata spend most of his days in Mali?
3. To whom do Sundiata's soldiers tell their stories of battle in the hopes that they will be made into legends?
(c) Nana Triban.
(d) Fran Kamara.
4. What color are the clothes Sundiata wears in battle?
5. Where does Sundiata want to construct his palace now that he is in power?
(a) In Niani.
(b) In Mema.
(c) In Sosso.
(d) In Ka-ba.
6. What do the kings of the nation give to Sundiata when they proclaim him emperor of the land?
(a) Their wives.
(b) Their armies.
(c) Their crowns.
(d) Their weapons.
7. Why isn't Sundiata able to kill Soumaoro on his first attempt?
(a) Because Soumaoro is stronger than Sundiata anticipated.
(b) Because his strike misses Soumaoro's neck.
(c) Because another man jumped in front of the blow that should have killed Soumaoro.
(d) Because Soumaoro is invincible.
8. How many nations meet with Sundiata at his rise to power?
9. Which of the following is NOT part of the celebration of nations that ensues after Sundiata is named emperor?
(b) A feasat.
10. Who updates the reader on lives of Sundiata's friends?
(a) Sogolon's spirit.
(b) Sundiata himself.
(c) The griot.
11. What do the people of Mali hope Sundiata can recover?
(a) Their pride.
(b) Their faith.
(c) Their land.
(d) Their money.
12. How does Sundiata's family react to the arrival of the Malian merchants?
(a) They are excited.
(b) They are nervous.
(c) They are confused.
(d) They are angry.
13. From which animal is a magical feather plucked that will be the downfall of Soumaoro?
(a) A flamingo.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A chicken.
(d) An eagle.
14. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sogolon's physical condition when her children are full-grown?
15. How do the merchants address Sundiata?
(a) As their savior.
(b) As their king.
(c) As their lord.
(d) As their master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sundiata dress as before he begins his battle?
2. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
3. Where does Sundiata want to bury Sogolon?
4. How many men is Sundiata rumored to be able to fell with one swing of his sword?
5. How do the people of Mali feel about Sundiata returning to the land?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)