|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the city where Sundiata meets with the nations to discuss their empire?
2. Who does Fassyky claim should pay the price for Soumaoro's evils?
(a) Soumaoro's son.
(b) The entire nation.
(c) Only Soumaoro.
(d) The people of Sosso.
3. How do Tounkara's men feel about joining up with Sundiata's army?
(a) They join him eagerly.
(b) They join him hesitantly.
(c) They refuse to go with him.
(d) They do not voice their opinion.
4. What does Sundiata dress as before he begins his battle?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A king.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A hunter.
5. What weapon does Sundiata use when he attempts to kill Soumaoro?
(a) A knife.
(b) A hatchet.
(c) A sword.
(d) A spear.
6. Where does Sundiata want to construct his palace now that he is in power?
(a) In Sosso.
(b) In Ka-ba.
(c) In Mema.
(d) In Niani.
7. Which old friend does Sundiata stop to pick up before meeting with Soumaoro?
(b) Manding Bory.
8. Since Sundiata's rise to power, what has happened to the rate of crime in his land?
(a) It has reached zero.
(b) It has lessened slightly.
(c) There is no rate of change.
(d) It has raised.
9. How does the adult Sundiata spend most of his days in Mali?
10. Who is Nana Triban?
(a) Sundiata's daughter.
(b) Sundiata's wife.
(c) Sundiata's cousin.
(d) Sundiata's sister.
11. What type of party does Sundiata lead for his men on the eve of their big battle?
(a) A feast.
(b) A concert.
(c) A prayer service.
(d) A dance.
12. Which character is considered to have a mighty strength?
(b) Fran Kamara.
(d) Manding Bory.
13. When Sundiata prays to his gods, what does he ask them for?
14. At the party, what history does Fassyky speak about to encourage the troops?
(a) The history of famine.
(b) The history of war.
(c) The history of greatness.
(d) The history of Mali.
15. What do the people of Mali hope Sundiata can recover?
(a) Their faith.
(b) Their pride.
(c) Their land.
(d) Their money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Soumaoro react when he witnesses Sundiata's men wiping out his army?
2. Which way does the wind blow, signaling to Sundiata that it is time to return home?
3. What does Sundiata promise to do to Mali when he returns?
4. What does the city of Niani become famous for after Sundiata takes power?
5. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)