|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Soumaoro took over power of Mali, what did he deprive the people of?
2. Where does Sundiata want to bury Sogolon?
(a) In Mali.
(b) In the ocean.
(c) In Mema.
(d) In Ghana.
3. What is Fassyky's first name?
4. How long does it typically take Sundiata to fell an entire city Sourmaoro's old empire?
(a) One hour.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) One day.
5. How much of his army does Tounkara give to Sundiata when he leaves Mema?
(a) One-quarter of his army.
(b) One-half of his army.
(c) His entire army.
(d) One-third of his army.
6. How do the merchants address Sundiata?
(a) As their king.
(b) As their lord.
(c) As their master.
(d) As their savior.
7. What do the kings of the nation give to Sundiata when they proclaim him emperor of the land?
(a) Their armies.
(b) Their crowns.
(c) Their wives.
(d) Their weapons.
8. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life Sundiata's friends have led since the fall of Mali?
9. To whom do Sundiata's soldiers tell their stories of battle in the hopes that they will be made into legends?
(a) Fran Kamara.
(b) Nana Triban.
10. Who first spots the Malian merchants in Mema?
(c) Manding Bory.
11. What weapon does Sundiata use when he attempts to kill Soumaoro?
(a) A sword.
(b) A knife.
(c) A spear.
(d) A hatchet.
12. How many slices does it take Fran Kamara to chop down a tree?
(a) One hundred.
(b) One thousand.
(c) More than he is able to count.
13. What topic does Sundiata find himself does Sundiata find himself discussing with Nana Triban upon returning to Mali?
14. In the battles between Sundiata and Soumaoro's men, who is usually victorious?
(a) Soumaoro's men are always victorious.
(b) Sundiata's men are always victorious.
(c) Sundiata believes there is no victor in these battles.
(d) The armies victories are split evenly.
15. Why did the kings of Mali respect Sundiata when he was a boy?
(a) Because he could name every king that ever ruled Mali.
(b) Because he could name every flower that grew in Mali.
(c) Because he could name all his relatives.
(d) Because he could name every constallation in the sky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Siara Kouman Konaty send to Sundiata in order to help him in his battle agains Soumaoro?
2. Since Sundiata's rise to power, what has happened to the rate of crime in his land?
3. After Mali falls to Kanty, what is life like in Mema?
4. How do the people of Mali feel about Sundiata returning to the land?
5. What does the city of Niani become famous for after Sundiata takes power?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)