|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the city of Niani become famous for after Sundiata takes power?
2. To whom do Sundiata's soldiers tell their stories of battle in the hopes that they will be made into legends?
(a) Nana Triban.
(b) Fran Kamara.
3. Where are the Malian merchants first spotted?
(a) In the market.
(b) In the temple.
(c) At the watering hole.
(d) At the king's palace.
4. In the battles between Sundiata and Soumaoro's men, who is usually victorious?
(a) Soumaoro's men are always victorious.
(b) The armies victories are split evenly.
(c) Sundiata's men are always victorious.
(d) Sundiata believes there is no victor in these battles.
5. How do Tounkara's men feel about joining up with Sundiata's army?
(a) They refuse to go with him.
(b) They do not voice their opinion.
(c) They join him eagerly.
(d) They join him hesitantly.
6. How do the people of Mali feel about Sundiata returning to the land?
(a) They are against it.
(b) They do not know of his decision.
(c) They support it.
(d) They are too afraid to voice their opinions.
7. What do the kings of the nation give to Sundiata when they proclaim him emperor of the land?
(a) Their weapons.
(b) Their armies.
(c) Their wives.
(d) Their crowns.
8. What does Sundiata plan to do when he finds Dankaran?
(a) Exile him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Reconcile with him.
(d) Imprison him.
9. Who is Siara Kouman Konaty?
(a) Sundiata's cousin.
(b) Sundiata's brother.
(c) Sundiata's nephew.
(d) Sundiata's uncle.
10. Why did the kings of Mali respect Sundiata when he was a boy?
(a) Because he could name every king that ever ruled Mali.
(b) Because he could name all his relatives.
(c) Because he could name every flower that grew in Mali.
(d) Because he could name every constallation in the sky.
11. Which way does the wind blow, signaling to Sundiata that it is time to return home?
12. When Nana Triban meets with Sundiata, what does she deny every doing?
(a) Loving him.
(b) Cursing him.
(c) Plotting against him.
(d) Hating him.
13. Which character is considered to have a mighty strength?
(b) Manding Bory.
(c) Fran Kamara.
14. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
(a) Because they fight in matching uniforms.
(b) Because they fight at night.
(c) Because they fight with only their bare fists.
(d) Because they fight without wearing shoes.
15. How does Soumaoro react when he witnesses Sundiata's men wiping out his army?
(a) He is nervous.
(b) He is entertained.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is horrified.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the life Sundiata's friends have led since the fall of Mali?
2. What does Sundiata dress as before he begins his battle?
3. At the party, what history does Fassyky speak about to encourage the troops?
4. Who is Nana Triban's mother?
5. How does the adult Sundiata spend most of his days in Mali?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)