|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which animal is a magical feather plucked that will be the downfall of Soumaoro?
(a) A vulture.
(b) An eagle.
(c) A flamingo.
(d) A chicken.
2. Who is Nana Triban's mother?
(c) Her mother is unknown.
3. As Sundiata travels toward Soumaoro, what do the cities he passes through give to him?
4. How do the people of Mali feel about Sundiata returning to the land?
(a) They support it.
(b) They are too afraid to voice their opinions.
(c) They are against it.
(d) They do not know of his decision.
5. How long does it typically take Sundiata to fell an entire city Sourmaoro's old empire?
(a) One week.
(b) One day.
(c) One hour.
(d) One month.
6. Who first spots the Malian merchants in Mema?
(a) Manding Bory.
7. Aside from Nana Triban, who is the only other person who understands the dangers in Soumaoro's chambers?
8. What city is Sundiata traveling toward in order to battle with Soumaoro?
9. What does Sundiata promise to do to Mali when he returns?
(a) Give it back to the Malian people.
(b) Return it to its splendor.
(c) Build it up better than it has ever been.
(d) Keep it exactly as he remembers it.
10. Who is Nana Triban?
(a) Sundiata's wife.
(b) Sundiata's cousin.
(c) Sundiata's daughter.
(d) Sundiata's sister.
11. What topic does Sundiata find himself does Sundiata find himself discussing with Nana Triban upon returning to Mali?
12. To whom do Sundiata's soldiers tell their stories of battle in the hopes that they will be made into legends?
(b) Nana Triban.
(d) Fran Kamara.
13. How many slices does it take Fran Kamara to chop down a tree?
(a) More than he is able to count.
(b) One thousand.
(d) One hundred.
14. What does Sundiata dress as before he begins his battle?
(a) A king.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A warrior.
15. How does the adult Sundiata spend most of his days in Mali?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why isn't Sundiata able to kill Soumaoro on his first attempt?
2. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
3. Who does Fassyky claim should pay the price for Soumaoro's evils?
4. How do Tounkara's men feel about joining up with Sundiata's army?
5. What do the Malian merchants tell Sundiata about Mali?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)