|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How soon after the arrival of the merchants does Sogolon die?
(a) That night.
(b) A week later.
(c) Two days later.
(d) The next day.
2. How does the adult Sundiata spend most of his days in Mali?
3. From which animal is a magical feather plucked that will be the downfall of Soumaoro?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A vulture.
(c) A chicken.
(d) A flamingo.
4. How do the merchants address Sundiata?
(a) As their master.
(b) As their king.
(c) As their savior.
(d) As their lord.
5. What part of Sundiata's body begins to glow after he drinks from a magical stream of water?
(a) His breath.
(b) His blood.
(c) His hair.
(d) His eyes.
6. What does Sundiata promise to do to Mali when he returns?
(a) Return it to its splendor.
(b) Build it up better than it has ever been.
(c) Give it back to the Malian people.
(d) Keep it exactly as he remembers it.
7. How does Sundiata's family react to the arrival of the Malian merchants?
(a) They are confused.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are nervous.
(d) They are excited.
8. How did Nana Triban gain access into Soumaoro's sorcery chambers?
(a) She climbed in through the window.
(b) She went in disguise.
(c) She seduced him.
(d) She used the magic xylophone.
9. What does the griot claim is the only think left of Sundiata's reign in present-day Mali?
(a) The skies.
(b) The rivers.
(c) The trees.
(d) The flowers.
10. What topic does Sundiata find himself does Sundiata find himself discussing with Nana Triban upon returning to Mali?
11. Which of the following characters is described as having eyes on the back of his head?
(a) Manding Dory.
(b) Siara Kouman Konaty.
(c) Djeli Mamoudou Kouyate.
(d) Mansa Traory.
12. In the battles between Sundiata and Soumaoro's men, who is usually victorious?
(a) The armies victories are split evenly.
(b) Sundiata believes there is no victor in these battles.
(c) Sundiata's men are always victorious.
(d) Soumaoro's men are always victorious.
13. What does Sundiata dress as before he begins his battle?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A king.
14. Where are the Malian merchants first spotted?
(a) In the temple.
(b) At the watering hole.
(c) In the market.
(d) At the king's palace.
15. What type of bird do both Sundiata and Soumaoro bewitch to send messages for them?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many nations meet with Sundiata at his rise to power?
2. What color are the clothes Sundiata wears in battle?
3. Which old friend does Sundiata stop to pick up before meeting with Soumaoro?
4. When Nana Triban meets with Sundiata, what does she deny every doing?
5. What do the kings of the nation give to Sundiata when they proclaim him emperor of the land?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)