|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sundiata plan to do when he finds Dankaran?
(a) Imprison him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Exile him.
(d) Reconcile with him.
2. What weapon does Sundiata use when he attempts to kill Soumaoro?
(a) A spear.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) A hatchet.
3. Who steals the feather for Sundiata's bow and arrow?
(c) Nana Tripon.
4. Who is Nana Triban?
(a) Sundiata's daughter.
(b) Sundiata's cousin.
(c) Sundiata's sister.
(d) Sundiata's wife.
5. When Nana Triban meets with Sundiata, what does she deny every doing?
(a) Hating him.
(b) Cursing him.
(c) Plotting against him.
(d) Loving him.
6. As Sundiata travels toward Soumaoro, what do the cities he passes through give to him?
7. Why is Soumaoro's army surprised by Sundiata's army?
(a) Because they fight with only their bare fists.
(b) Because they fight without wearing shoes.
(c) Because they fight at night.
(d) Because they fight in matching uniforms.
8. Which of the following is NOT something Sundiata attempts to give to Tounkara as payment?
9. Which old friend does Sundiata stop to pick up before meeting with Soumaoro?
(c) Manding Bory.
10. Who updates the reader on lives of Sundiata's friends?
(a) The griot.
(b) Sundiata himself.
(d) Sogolon's spirit.
11. Where does Sundiata want to construct his palace now that he is in power?
(a) In Mema.
(b) In Ka-ba.
(c) In Sosso.
(d) In Niani.
12. What city is Sundiata traveling toward in order to battle with Soumaoro?
13. How do the people of Mali feel about Sundiata returning to the land?
(a) They do not know of his decision.
(b) They support it.
(c) They are too afraid to voice their opinions.
(d) They are against it.
14. How do the merchants address Sundiata?
(a) As their savior.
(b) As their king.
(c) As their lord.
(d) As their master.
15. When Soumaoro took over power of Mali, what did he deprive the people of?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Sundiata abandons Soumaoro, who does he seek out to destroy?
2. In the battles between Sundiata and Soumaoro's men, who is usually victorious?
3. Where does Sundiata want to bury Sogolon?
4. Who is Siara Kouman Konaty?
5. Who wrote a song about Sundiata on the day her learned to walk?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)