|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like when Sogolon first goes into labor?
(a) It is sunny.
(b) It is raining.
(c) It is hailing.
(d) It is snowing.
2. How many wives does Sundiata's father have?
3. Which of the following groups of people claimed to know all along that Sundiata would rise up and walk?
(a) The sorcerers.
(b) The witches.
(c) The griots.
(d) The outcasts.
4. From what land is the hunter from?
5. How does the king react to the news that Sogolon has gone into labor?
(a) He is very nervous.
(b) He is not home when the news breaks out.
(c) He is completely apathetic.
(d) He is angry.
6. What animal is terrorizing the land of Do?
(a) A buffalo.
(b) A lion.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A warthog.
7. Which of the following countries is under Kanty's rule?
8. Whose responsibility is it to track the history of African families?
(a) The king.
(b) The sons.
(c) The wives.
(d) The griot.
9. What does Kanty steal from Fakoli?
(a) His money.
(b) His wife.
(c) His land.
(d) His crops.
10. How does Dankaran respond when Kanty demands rule of Mali?
(a) He relinquishes the land to him.
(b) He declares war against Kanty and his men.
(c) He ignores Kanty's request.
(d) He barters away half the land, keeping the other half for himsel.
11. Who urges Dankaran to hate his brothers?
(b) Manding Bory.
12. Out of what metal does Sundiata ask the blacksmiths to make his walking rod?
13. What does Kanty demand from his country's neighboring lands?
14. Why does the king fear marrying Sogolon?
(a) Because he thinks she is possessed with ghosts.
(b) Because he thinks she is too good for him.
(c) Because he thinks she has an evil spirit.
(d) Because he thinks she is a spider reincarnated.
15. Which of the following ailments affects Sundiata?
(a) He is lame.
(b) He is mute.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is blind.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kanty treat men who disagree with him?
2. From whom do Sundiata's ancestors seek advise at the opening of the story?
3. What is the name of the king's first wife?
4. Which group of African people is focused on in Sundiata's story?
5. How many witches does Sassouma hire to kill Sundiata?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)