|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical attribute does the hunter have which prompts the king's men to think he is evil?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He has blue eyes.
(c) He has fair skin.
(d) He is left handed.
2. Griots are considered "vessels of _____ ."
(a) The present.
(b) The future.
(d) The past.
3. What appears in the sky at the moment that Sagolon's baby is born?
(a) A rainbow.
(b) A flash of lightning.
(c) A ray of sunshine.
(d) A storm cloud.
4. What animal is terrorizing the land of Do?
(a) A warthog.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A lion.
5. Which group of African people is focused on in Sundiata's story?
(a) The servants.
(b) The peseants.
(c) The kings.
(d) The working class.
6. What does Sundiata discover about Mansa Konkon, the king of Djedeba?
(a) That he is a great hunter.
(b) That he is a great swimmer.
(c) That he is a great sorcerer.
(d) That he is a great warrior.
7. Which character is forced into Kanty's employment?
(c) Manding Bory.
8. From whom do Sundiata's ancestors seek advise at the opening of the story?
9. Which of the following musical instruments is magical in Kanty's chamber?
(a) A flute.
(b) A drum.
(c) A piano.
(d) A xylophone.
10. Which of the following activities do Sundiata's ancestors excel at?
11. Which of the following types of poems is the genre which "Sundiata" belongs to?
12. Why does the king fear marrying Sogolon?
(a) Because he thinks she has an evil spirit.
(b) Because he thinks she is possessed with ghosts.
(c) Because he thinks she is too good for him.
(d) Because he thinks she is a spider reincarnated.
13. Who is Maghan Kon Fatta?
(a) Sundiata's father.
(b) Sundiata's son.
(c) Sundiata's brother.
(d) Sundiata's grandfather.
14. From which direction does the hunter promise a "great light" will come from?
(a) From the north.
(b) From the east.
(c) From the south.
(d) From the west.
15. How does Fakoli react to Kanty's theft?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He curses him.
(c) He forgives him.
(d) He ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following elements does Kanty and his men have mastery over?
2. Who is Fran Kamara?
3. How many witches does Sassouma hire to kill Sundiata?
4. How does the king react to the news that Sogolon has given birth to an ugly daughter?
5. What animal does the hunter who approaches Maghan Kon Fatta offer to him?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)