|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Fran Kamara?
(a) Sundiata's griot.
(b) Sundiata's childhood friend.
(c) Sundiata's arch enemy.
(d) Sundiata's brother.
2. Where do Sundiata's relatives travel for advise at the opening of the story?
(a) To the palace.
(b) To the river.
(c) To Nirvana.
(d) To Mecca.
3. Who is named heir to the throne once the king dies?
(a) Djeli Mamoudou Kouyate.
(b) Manding Bory.
4. From whom do Sundiata's ancestors seek advise at the opening of the story?
5. Which group of African people is focused on in Sundiata's story?
(a) The working class.
(b) The kings.
(c) The servants.
(d) The peseants.
6. Why does Sogolon believe Djata does not speak with other children?
(a) Because he does not understand human language.
(b) Because he is intimidated by other children.
(c) Because he is too slow.
(d) Because he is more advanced than they are.
7. To what religion do Sundiata's ancestors belong?
8. How do the warriors kill the animal that is terrorizing Do?
(a) With their spears.
(b) With their spirituality.
(c) With their stamina.
(d) With kindness.
9. What appears in the sky at the moment that Sagolon's baby is born?
(a) A ray of sunshine.
(b) A flash of lightning.
(c) A storm cloud.
(d) A rainbow.
10. Which of the following groups of people claimed to know all along that Sundiata would rise up and walk?
(a) The outcasts.
(b) The griots.
(c) The witches.
(d) The sorcerers.
11. Which of the following adjectives best describes Kanty?
12. What does Kanty steal from Fakoli?
(a) His crops.
(b) His land.
(c) His wife.
(d) His money.
13. What does Kanty's magical instrument alert him of?
(a) When there is a traitor in the room.
(b) When is good time to go and hunt.
(c) When someone has broken into his chambers.
(d) Which women are most interested in him.
14. What is the name of the king's first wife?
(b) Mansa Konkon.
(c) Do Mansing.
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sogolon?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Sassouma decide to wait until she finishes her plot against Sogolon?
2. What does Kanty demand from his country's neighboring lands?
3. In Kouyaty's story, of what material does Kanty sew his clothing?
4. What object does the hunter use to tell the king's fortune?
5. Which of the following characters does NOT enter exile with Sundiata?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)