|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dankaran take away from Sundiata, sending him into a fury?
(a) His griot.
(b) His mother.
(c) His brother.
(d) His garden.
2. How is Kanty related to Fakoli?
(a) Fakoli is his father.
(b) Fakoli is his brother.
(c) Fakoli is his son.
(d) Fakoli is his nephew.
3. Which of the following countries is under Kanty's rule?
4. Who is named heir to the throne once the king dies?
(b) Djeli Mamoudou Kouyate.
(d) Manding Bory.
5. Who is Fran Kamara?
(a) Sundiata's arch enemy.
(b) Sundiata's griot.
(c) Sundiata's childhood friend.
(d) Sundiata's brother.
6. Which of the following characters is the griot of Sundiata's story?
(a) Manding Bory.
(b) D.T. Niane.
(c) Djeli Mamoudou Kouyate.
7. How do the warriors kill the animal that is terrorizing Do?
(a) With kindness.
(b) With their spears.
(c) With their stamina.
(d) With their spirituality.
8. From whom do Sundiata's ancestors seek advise at the opening of the story?
9. How does the room respond when Fassyky plays Kanty's magical musical instrument?
(a) The room becomes violent.
(b) The room is transfixed.
(c) The room falls asleep.
(d) There is no reaction from the room.
10. In what country is Sundiata named heir to a childless king?
11. Why do ancient African kings want griots?
(a) To be able to pour out their deepest secrets.
(b) Because griots were thought to be magical.
(c) To have constant companionship.
(d) To keep their memories alive.
12. Why does the hunter revere small seeds?
(a) Because they are strong.
(b) Because they can be pollinated.
(c) Because they are beautiful.
(d) Because they spread.
13. What animal is terrorizing the land of Do?
(a) A buffalo.
(b) A warthog.
(c) A lion.
(d) A monkey.
14. After what event does Sundiata promise to stand up and walk?
(a) After his mother passes away.
(b) After Dankaran rises to power.
(c) After a humiliating beating.
(d) After his eighteenth birthday.
15. How does the king react to the news that Sogolon has given birth to an ugly daughter?
(a) He bans her from the palace.
(b) He calls for the sorcerers to cleanse Sogolon's womb.
(c) He loves his new daughter as he does his sons.
(d) He weeps next to his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the king's first wife?
2. Who urges Dankaran to hate his brothers?
3. To what religion do Sundiata's ancestors belong?
4. When the king dies, what does he give to Djata on his deathbed?
5. Which of the following ailments affects Sundiata?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)