|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does the hunter use to tell the king's fortune?
(b) Tea leaves.
(d) Tarot cards.
2. Which of the following types of poems is the genre which "Sundiata" belongs to?
3. Why does the hunter revere small seeds?
(a) Because they are beautiful.
(b) Because they spread.
(c) Because they are strong.
(d) Because they can be pollinated.
4. What does Sogolon beg to borrow from Sassouma?
(a) A leaf.
(b) A berry.
(c) A branch.
(d) An egg.
5. How is Kanty related to Fakoli?
(a) Fakoli is his father.
(b) Fakoli is his brother.
(c) Fakoli is his nephew.
(d) Fakoli is his son.
6. What are Sundiata's ancestors known for being able to extract from plants and herbs that others cannot?
7. Which of the following countries is under Kanty's rule?
8. Which of the following characters does NOT enter exile with Sundiata?
(b) All of the above.
(d) Manding Bory.
9. Which of the following actions is Djata most often seen doing by the villagers?
10. Which group of African people is focused on in Sundiata's story?
(a) The peseants.
(b) The kings.
(c) The servants.
(d) The working class.
11. Who first spreads the gossip that Sundiata has sworn to stand up and walk?
(b) Manding Bory.
12. What is the weather like when Sogolon first goes into labor?
(a) It is hailing.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is snowing.
13. What gift did ancient African kings believe griots could give them?
14. Whose griot is Kouyaty?
(a) Manding Bory's.
(b) Soumaoro Kanty's.
15. From whom do Sundiata's ancestors seek advise at the opening of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is named heir to the throne once the king dies?
2. Which of the following elements does Kanty and his men have mastery over?
3. How many witches does Sassouma hire to kill Sundiata?
4. How does Kanty treat men who disagree with him?
5. When the king dies, what does he give to Djata on his deathbed?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)