|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kanty steal from Fakoli?
(a) His crops.
(b) His land.
(c) His money.
(d) His wife.
2. How does the king react to the news that Sogolon has given birth to an ugly daughter?
(a) He bans her from the palace.
(b) He weeps next to his wife.
(c) He calls for the sorcerers to cleanse Sogolon's womb.
(d) He loves his new daughter as he does his sons.
3. How old is young Djata when the reader first sees him again after his birth?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Three years old.
(c) Thirteen years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
4. Who does Sassouma consult with to help in her plot against Sogolon?
(a) The sorcerers.
(b) The entertainers.
(c) The medicine man.
(d) The musicians.
5. To which family member is young Djata most attached?
(a) His mother.
(b) His brother.
(c) His father.
(d) His sister.
6. Which of the following characters is the griot of Sundiata's story?
(a) Manding Bory.
(b) Djeli Mamoudou Kouyate.
(c) D.T. Niane.
7. What does Kanty's magical instrument alert him of?
(a) Which women are most interested in him.
(b) When is good time to go and hunt.
(c) When someone has broken into his chambers.
(d) When there is a traitor in the room.
8. Which of the following activities do Sundiata's ancestors excel at?
9. Which of the following adjectives best describes Kanty?
10. What skill does Fassyky teach Sundiata to do?
11. What animal is terrorizing the land of Do?
(a) A lion.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A warthog.
12. What does the king give to his subjects in celebration for the birth of the new child?
13. What does Kanty demand from his country's neighboring lands?
14. How does the room respond when Fassyky plays Kanty's magical musical instrument?
(a) There is no reaction from the room.
(b) The room becomes violent.
(c) The room falls asleep.
(d) The room is transfixed.
15. When the king dies, what does he give to Djata on his deathbed?
(b) A griot.
(c) A goat.
(d) A garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following ailments affects Sundiata?
2. Whose responsibility is it to track the history of African families?
3. Who do the Malian people believe should be the true king of Mali?
4. Who does Sogolon worry might kill Manding Bory?
5. After what event does Sundiata promise to stand up and walk?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)