|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal is terrorizing the land of Do?
(a) A lion.
(b) A buffalo.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A warthog.
2. To what religion do Sundiata's ancestors belong?
3. Which of the following characters is the griot of Sundiata's story?
(a) Manding Bory.
(c) D.T. Niane.
(d) Djeli Mamoudou Kouyate.
4. Who is named heir to the throne once the king dies?
(a) Djeli Mamoudou Kouyate.
(b) Manding Bory.
5. Who is Maghan Kon Fatta?
(a) Sundiata's brother.
(b) Sundiata's grandfather.
(c) Sundiata's son.
(d) Sundiata's father.
6. What is the name of Sassouma's son, who is set to inherit the king's throne?
7. Why does the hunter revere small seeds?
(a) Because they spread.
(b) Because they can be pollinated.
(c) Because they are strong.
(d) Because they are beautiful.
8. Who do the Malian people believe should be the true king of Mali?
9. What object does the hunter use to tell the king's fortune?
(c) Tea leaves.
(d) Tarot cards.
10. Why does Sogolon believe Djata does not speak with other children?
(a) Because he is intimidated by other children.
(b) Because he does not understand human language.
(c) Because he is more advanced than they are.
(d) Because he is too slow.
11. Where does Kouyaty begin his story of Sundiata?
(a) When Sundiata becomes a man.
(b) When Sundiata is born.
(c) When Sundiata dies.
(d) When Sundiata begins to walk.
12. How does Dankaran feel when Sundiata swears to return from exile?
(a) He is amused.
(b) He is terrified.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is angered.
13. What is the weather like when Sogolon first goes into labor?
(a) It is hailing.
(b) It is sunny.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is snowing.
14. What appears in the sky at the moment that Sagolon's baby is born?
(a) A rainbow.
(b) A storm cloud.
(c) A ray of sunshine.
(d) A flash of lightning.
15. Which character is forced into Kanty's employment?
(c) Manding Bory.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the room respond when Fassyky plays Kanty's magical musical instrument?
2. In what country is Sundiata named heir to a childless king?
3. What is the role of a griot?
4. What are Sundiata's ancestors known for being able to extract from plants and herbs that others cannot?
5. What do the Malian people believe is the most definitive characteristic of the heavenly God?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)