|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the hunter revere small seeds?
(a) Because they are beautiful.
(b) Because they spread.
(c) Because they can be pollinated.
(d) Because they are strong.
2. Why does the king fear marrying Sogolon?
(a) Because he thinks she is a spider reincarnated.
(b) Because he thinks she is possessed with ghosts.
(c) Because he thinks she is too good for him.
(d) Because he thinks she has an evil spirit.
3. Why does Sogolon believe Djata does not speak with other children?
(a) Because he is more advanced than they are.
(b) Because he does not understand human language.
(c) Because he is too slow.
(d) Because he is intimidated by other children.
4. What physical attribute does the hunter have which prompts the king's men to think he is evil?
(a) He is left handed.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He has fair skin.
(d) He has blue eyes.
5. Who is Maghan Kon Fatta?
(a) Sundiata's brother.
(b) Sundiata's grandfather.
(c) Sundiata's son.
(d) Sundiata's father.
6. On which topic do Sundiata's ancestors seek advise from the heavens?
(a) How to be dilligent apostles.
(b) How to make their crops flourish.
(c) How to rule the country.
(d) How to make their women fertile.
7. How many wives does Sundiata's father have?
8. Whose responsibility is it to track the history of African families?
(a) The sons.
(b) The griot.
(c) The king.
(d) The wives.
9. When the king dies, what does he give to Djata on his deathbed?
(b) A garden.
(c) A griot.
(d) A goat.
10. What type of tree is Maghan Kon Fatta's favorite type of tree to rest under?
(a) An ash tree.
(b) A magnolia tree.
(c) A silk-cotton tree.
(d) A pomegranate tree.
11. In Kouyaty's story, of what material does Kanty sew his clothing?
(a) Dollar bills.
(b) Human skin.
(c) Gold thread.
(d) Leopard fur.
12. Which of the following elements does Kanty and his men have mastery over?
13. Which of the following characters is the griot of Sundiata's story?
(b) Djeli Mamoudou Kouyate.
(c) Manding Bory.
(d) D.T. Niane.
14. How long does Sassouma decide to wait until she finishes her plot against Sogolon?
(a) Until the naming ceremony.
(b) Until the baby is three-years-old.
(c) Until the baby is born.
(d) Until the baby reaches manhood.
15. What does Kanty demand from his country's neighboring lands?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters does NOT enter exile with Sundiata?
2. After what event does Sundiata promise to stand up and walk?
3. How do the warriors kill the animal that is terrorizing Do?
4. Which of the following actions is Djata most often seen doing by the villagers?
5. How does Fakoli react to Kanty's theft?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)