|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the king fear marrying Sogolon?
(a) Because he thinks she has an evil spirit.
(b) Because he thinks she is too good for him.
(c) Because he thinks she is possessed with ghosts.
(d) Because he thinks she is a spider reincarnated.
2. Which of the following characters is the griot of Sundiata's story?
(b) D.T. Niane.
(c) Manding Bory.
(d) Djeli Mamoudou Kouyate.
3. In which African country does this story take place?
4. Who urges Dankaran to hate his brothers?
(b) Manding Bory.
5. Which of the following ailments affects Sundiata?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is deaf.
(c) He is mute.
(d) He is lame.
6. What appears in the sky at the moment that Sagolon's baby is born?
(a) A rainbow.
(b) A ray of sunshine.
(c) A flash of lightning.
(d) A storm cloud.
7. To what religion do Sundiata's ancestors belong?
8. Who does Sassouma consult with to help in her plot against Sogolon?
(a) The medicine man.
(b) The entertainers.
(c) The sorcerers.
(d) The musicians.
9. Out of what metal does Sundiata ask the blacksmiths to make his walking rod?
10. How does Fakoli react to Kanty's theft?
(a) He forgives him.
(b) He curses him.
(c) He kills him.
(d) He ignores him.
11. What does Sundiata discover about Mansa Konkon, the king of Djedeba?
(a) That he is a great swimmer.
(b) That he is a great warrior.
(c) That he is a great hunter.
(d) That he is a great sorcerer.
12. Which character is forced into Kanty's employment?
(a) Manding Bory.
13. Why does the hunter revere small seeds?
(a) Because they can be pollinated.
(b) Because they spread.
(c) Because they are beautiful.
(d) Because they are strong.
14. What animal does the hunter who approaches Maghan Kon Fatta offer to him?
(a) A buffalo.
(b) A deer.
(c) A lion.
(d) A bird.
15. How many names is the new baby given at his naming ceremony?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sogolon?
2. What does Dankaran take away from Sundiata, sending him into a fury?
3. How long does Sundiata wander in the desert before settling in Djedeba?
4. From whom do Sundiata's ancestors seek advise at the opening of the story?
5. Who do the Malian people believe should be the true king of Mali?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)