|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dankaran feel when Sundiata swears to return from exile?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is angered.
(c) He is amused.
(d) He is terrified.
2. Why does the hunter revere small seeds?
(a) Because they spread.
(b) Because they are strong.
(c) Because they can be pollinated.
(d) Because they are beautiful.
3. Which of the following is NOT something that Fassyky discovers in Kanty's sorcery chamber?
(a) Human remains.
(b) Sacks of gold coins.
(c) Musical instruments.
(d) Strange animals.
4. What does Kanty demand from his country's neighboring lands?
5. What does Sogolon beg to borrow from Sassouma?
(a) A berry.
(b) A branch.
(c) A leaf.
(d) An egg.
6. What appears in the sky at the moment that Sagolon's baby is born?
(a) A storm cloud.
(b) A ray of sunshine.
(c) A flash of lightning.
(d) A rainbow.
7. Which of the following ailments affects Sundiata?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He is mute.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He is lame.
8. What does Sundiata discover about Mansa Konkon, the king of Djedeba?
(a) That he is a great swimmer.
(b) That he is a great hunter.
(c) That he is a great sorcerer.
(d) That he is a great warrior.
9. When Sundiata visits Ghana, what does he realize about the people who live there?
(a) They are excellent traders.
(b) They have never seen a white man before.
(c) They all admire king Dankaran.
(d) They are very educated.
10. Which of the following countries is under Kanty's rule?
11. In Kouyaty's story, of what material does Kanty sew his clothing?
(a) Dollar bills.
(b) Gold thread.
(c) Human skin.
(d) Leopard fur.
12. Which of the following adjectives best describes Djata's physicality as a boy?
13. Which of the following is the most important task for a griot to accomplish?
(a) To judge.
(b) To predict.
(c) To remember.
(d) To interpret.
14. What do the Malian people believe is the most definitive characteristic of the heavenly God?
(a) He is powerful.
(b) He is trustworthy.
(c) He is vengeful.
(d) He is mysterious.
15. Who first spreads the gossip that Sundiata has sworn to stand up and walk?
(a) Manding Bory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kanty steal from Fakoli?
2. After what event does Sundiata promise to stand up and walk?
3. How does the room respond when Fassyky plays Kanty's magical musical instrument?
4. Why is Sassouma jealous of Sogolon?
5. Who urges Dankaran to hate his brothers?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)