|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What object does the hunter use to tell the king's fortune?
(a) Tea leaves.
(d) Tarot cards.
2. Where do Sundiata's relatives travel for advise at the opening of the story?
(a) To the palace.
(b) To the river.
(c) To Nirvana.
(d) To Mecca.
3. How long does Sundiata wander in the desert before settling in Djedeba?
(a) Five years.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Thirteen years.
4. Which character is forced into Kanty's employment?
(b) Manding Bory.
5. Which of the following is NOT something that Fassyky discovers in Kanty's sorcery chamber?
(a) Strange animals.
(b) Musical instruments.
(c) Human remains.
(d) Sacks of gold coins.
6. What is the weather like when Sogolon first goes into labor?
(a) It is sunny.
(b) It is hailing.
(c) It is raining.
(d) It is snowing.
7. Who do the Malian people believe can become king one day?
(a) The least expected child.
(b) The proper heir of the king.
(c) Any one.
(d) The one most worthy.
8. How do the warriors kill the animal that is terrorizing Do?
(a) With their stamina.
(b) With kindness.
(c) With their spirituality.
(d) With their spears.
9. How does the king react to the news that Sogolon has gone into labor?
(a) He is completely apathetic.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is very nervous.
(d) He is not home when the news breaks out.
10. How does Fakoli react to Kanty's theft?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He forgives him.
(d) He curses him.
11. Who urges Dankaran to hate his brothers?
(c) Manding Bory.
12. How long does Sassouma decide to wait until she finishes her plot against Sogolon?
(a) Until the baby is born.
(b) Until the naming ceremony.
(c) Until the baby is three-years-old.
(d) Until the baby reaches manhood.
13. Who falls ill, causing king Soumaba to relocate the family to a river country?
(c) Manding Bory.
14. Why does Sogolon believe Djata does not speak with other children?
(a) Because he is intimidated by other children.
(b) Because he is too slow.
(c) Because he does not understand human language.
(d) Because he is more advanced than they are.
15. How is Kanty related to Fakoli?
(a) Fakoli is his brother.
(b) Fakoli is his nephew.
(c) Fakoli is his father.
(d) Fakoli is his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following types of poems is the genre which "Sundiata" belongs to?
2. How do the people of Mali treat Sundiata after the king dies?
3. Who do the Malian people believe should be the true king of Mali?
4. Why does the king fear marrying Sogolon?
5. What is the name of the king's first wife?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)