|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the warriors kill the animal that is terrorizing Do?
(a) With kindness.
(b) With their spirituality.
(c) With their stamina.
(d) With their spears.
2. How many wives does Sundiata's father have?
3. Griots are considered "vessels of _____ ."
(a) The present.
(c) The past.
(d) The future.
4. How does Dankaran respond when Kanty demands rule of Mali?
(a) He relinquishes the land to him.
(b) He ignores Kanty's request.
(c) He declares war against Kanty and his men.
(d) He barters away half the land, keeping the other half for himsel.
5. How does Fakoli react to Kanty's theft?
(a) He curses him.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He forgives him.
(d) He kills him.
6. What physical attribute does the hunter have which prompts the king's men to think he is evil?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He has blue eyes.
(c) He has fair skin.
(d) He is left handed.
7. From what land is the hunter from?
8. Who is Maghan Kon Fatta?
(a) Sundiata's grandfather.
(b) Sundiata's father.
(c) Sundiata's brother.
(d) Sundiata's son.
9. How does the room respond when Fassyky plays Kanty's magical musical instrument?
(a) The room becomes violent.
(b) The room is transfixed.
(c) There is no reaction from the room.
(d) The room falls asleep.
10. How long does Sassouma decide to wait until she finishes her plot against Sogolon?
(a) Until the baby reaches manhood.
(b) Until the naming ceremony.
(c) Until the baby is born.
(d) Until the baby is three-years-old.
11. Why does the king fear marrying Sogolon?
(a) Because he thinks she is a spider reincarnated.
(b) Because he thinks she has an evil spirit.
(c) Because he thinks she is too good for him.
(d) Because he thinks she is possessed with ghosts.
12. What does Sassouma plot to do to Sogolon?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Exile her.
(c) Injure her.
(d) Humiliate her.
13. What gift did ancient African kings believe griots could give them?
14. On which topic do Sundiata's ancestors seek advise from the heavens?
(a) How to be dilligent apostles.
(b) How to rule the country.
(c) How to make their women fertile.
(d) How to make their crops flourish.
15. What does Dankaran take away from Sundiata, sending him into a fury?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His garden.
(d) His griot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sassouma consult with to help in her plot against Sogolon?
2. What is the name of Sassouma's son, who is set to inherit the king's throne?
3. To which family member is young Djata most attached?
4. What skill does Fassyky teach Sundiata to do?
5. What does Sogolon beg to borrow from Sassouma?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)