|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is named heir to the throne once the king dies?
(a) Manding Bory.
(c) Djeli Mamoudou Kouyate.
2. How many witches does Sassouma hire to kill Sundiata?
(a) Nine hundred.
3. What does Sundiata discover about Mansa Konkon, the king of Djedeba?
(a) That he is a great sorcerer.
(b) That he is a great swimmer.
(c) That he is a great warrior.
(d) That he is a great hunter.
4. From which direction does the hunter promise a "great light" will come from?
(a) From the north.
(b) From the west.
(c) From the east.
(d) From the south.
5. What is the name of Sassouma's son, who is set to inherit the king's throne?
6. What does Kanty's magical instrument alert him of?
(a) When is good time to go and hunt.
(b) Which women are most interested in him.
(c) When there is a traitor in the room.
(d) When someone has broken into his chambers.
7. How many names is the new baby given at his naming ceremony?
8. What object does the hunter use to tell the king's fortune?
(b) Tea leaves.
(d) Tarot cards.
9. What are Sundiata's ancestors known for being able to extract from plants and herbs that others cannot?
10. In which African country does this story take place?
11. What physical attribute does the hunter have which prompts the king's men to think he is evil?
(a) He has fair skin.
(b) He is blind.
(c) He is left handed.
(d) He has blue eyes.
12. How many wives does Sundiata's father have?
13. Which of the following actions is Djata most often seen doing by the villagers?
14. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sogolon?
15. Why does the hunter revere small seeds?
(a) Because they are strong.
(b) Because they are beautiful.
(c) Because they can be pollinated.
(d) Because they spread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Sogolon worry might kill Manding Bory?
2. What weapon does Sundiata use to dual with Konkon?
3. Which of the following ailments affects Sundiata?
4. From whom do Sundiata's ancestors seek advise at the opening of the story?
5. Which of the following countries is under Kanty's rule?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)