Short Essay Questions Key
1. What is a griot?
2. Who were the early kings of Mali?
3. How well did Sundiata's ancestors know the land they were raised in, and how can you tell?
4. Who is Manding Bory, and what role does he play in Sundiata'slife?
5. How does the king respond to the hunter who makes him an offering?
6. When the hunter gives the king his fortune, what does he say?
7. What happens when the warriors meet a starving, old woman in Do?
8. Why is Sogolon presented as a gift to the king?
9. Who is Sassouma, and how does she react to Sogolon?
10. Why does Sassouma meet with the sorcerers in the village after Sogolon's arrival?
11. What is the reaction when Sogolon goes into labor?
12. What unusual event takes place at the new baby's naming ceremony?
13. How do the Malian people feel about a heavenly God?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)