|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kouyaty begin his story of Sundiata?
(a) When Sundiata becomes a man.
(b) When Sundiata begins to walk.
(c) When Sundiata dies.
(d) When Sundiata is born.
2. Why does the king fear marrying Sogolon?
(a) Because he thinks she is too good for him.
(b) Because he thinks she has an evil spirit.
(c) Because he thinks she is a spider reincarnated.
(d) Because he thinks she is possessed with ghosts.
3. What physical deformity does the hunter tell the king his future wife should have?
(a) She should be a giant.
(b) She should be a humpback.
(c) She should be a dwarf.
(d) She should be a mute.
4. From what land is the hunter from?
5. How many witches does Sassouma hire to kill Sundiata?
(d) Nine hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the most important task for a griot to accomplish?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Djata's physicality as a boy?
3. Griots are considered "vessels of _____ ."
4. What does Kanty's magical instrument alert him of?
5. Which character is forced into Kanty's employment?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)