|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lion Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sassouma plot to do to Sogolon?
(a) Injure her.
(b) Exile her.
(c) Humiliate her.
(d) Kill her.
2. Which group of African people is focused on in Sundiata's story?
(a) The kings.
(b) The working class.
(c) The peseants.
(d) The servants.
3. What is the role of a griot?
(b) Spiritual advisor.
(c) Story teller.
(d) Medicine man.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Sogolon?
5. What type of tree is Maghan Kon Fatta's favorite type of tree to rest under?
(a) A silk-cotton tree.
(b) An ash tree.
(c) A pomegranate tree.
(d) A magnolia tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like when Sogolon first goes into labor?
2. In which African country does this story take place?
3. How do the warriors kill the animal that is terrorizing Do?
4. Why does the hunter revere small seeds?
5. From what land is the hunter from?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)