|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lion Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the king react to the news that Sogolon has gone into labor?
(a) He is not home when the news breaks out.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is completely apathetic.
(d) He is very nervous.
2. What animal does the hunter who approaches Maghan Kon Fatta offer to him?
(a) A lion.
(b) A bird.
(c) A deer.
(d) A buffalo.
3. What type of tree is Maghan Kon Fatta's favorite type of tree to rest under?
(a) An ash tree.
(b) A pomegranate tree.
(c) A silk-cotton tree.
(d) A magnolia tree.
4. How many wives does Sundiata's father have?
5. How do the warriors kill the animal that is terrorizing Do?
(a) With their spirituality.
(b) With their spears.
(c) With kindness.
(d) With their stamina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical deformity does the hunter tell the king his future wife should have?
2. What is the weather like when Sogolon first goes into labor?
3. On which topic do Sundiata's ancestors seek advise from the heavens?
4. In which African country does this story take place?
5. Which group of African people is focused on in Sundiata's story?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)