|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lion Child.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of tree is Maghan Kon Fatta's favorite type of tree to rest under?
(a) A silk-cotton tree.
(b) A magnolia tree.
(c) A pomegranate tree.
(d) An ash tree.
2. Who is Maghan Kon Fatta?
(a) Sundiata's brother.
(b) Sundiata's father.
(c) Sundiata's son.
(d) Sundiata's grandfather.
3. How long does Sassouma decide to wait until she finishes her plot against Sogolon?
(a) Until the baby is born.
(b) Until the baby is three-years-old.
(c) Until the baby reaches manhood.
(d) Until the naming ceremony.
4. What is the name of the king's first wife?
(b) Do Mansing.
(d) Mansa Konkon.
5. What physical attribute does the hunter have which prompts the king's men to think he is evil?
(a) He has fair skin.
(b) He has blue eyes.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is left handed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal do the villagers attribute to the new baby?
2. On which topic do Sundiata's ancestors seek advise from the heavens?
3. Which of the following types of poems is the genre which "Sundiata" belongs to?
4. What does Sassouma plot to do to Sogolon?
5. What object does the hunter use to tell the king's fortune?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)