|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lion's Awakening.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sogolon believe Djata does not speak with other children?
(a) Because he is too slow.
(b) Because he is more advanced than they are.
(c) Because he does not understand human language.
(d) Because he is intimidated by other children.
2. What animal do the villagers attribute to the new baby?
(a) A lion.
(b) A gorilla.
(c) A flamingo.
(d) A gazelle.
3. What type of tree is Maghan Kon Fatta's favorite type of tree to rest under?
(a) A pomegranate tree.
(b) A silk-cotton tree.
(c) An ash tree.
(d) A magnolia tree.
4. From whom do Sundiata's ancestors seek advise at the opening of the story?
5. How old is young Djata when the reader first sees him again after his birth?
(a) Three years old.
(b) Twenty years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. After what event does Sundiata promise to stand up and walk?
2. Why does the king fear marrying Sogolon?
3. How do the people of Mali treat Sundiata after the king dies?
4. Which of the following groups of people claimed to know all along that Sundiata would rise up and walk?
5. What animal does the hunter who approaches Maghan Kon Fatta offer to him?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)