|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jake, Bill and Cohn decide to do after Jake receives the telegram from Brett says she and Mike stopped in San Sebastian for the night?
2. How does dinner with Brett, Mike, Cohn, and Bill remind Jake of dinners during the war?
3. Bill mentions that Romero's face looks badly bruised. What is Brett's reply?
4. What types of emotion do Jake and his friends feel after the bull fight is over?
5. What is the mood of Jake, Brett, and Cohn on the day before the fiesta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Give three examples of when Jake comes to the aid of Brett when she asks for help.
2) Defend or criticize his reasons for helping her.
3) Do you think she is justified in asking for his help?
4) What is your opinion of Jake when he continually helps Brett?
Essay Topic 2
1) Compare and contrast Jake Barnes and his friend Bill Gorton.
2) What are their personalities, behaviors, speech, attitudes, and physical appearances?
3) Are they true to life characters?
4) How do they relate to one another?
Essay Topic 3
1) Discuss the value system of Count Mippipopolous.
2) How did he develop his set of values? Is he satisfied with his life or is he miserable?
3) Has he lived life to its potential?
This section contains 1,167 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)