|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the religious festival celebrated on July 6?
2. What does the crowd do to Romero after the bullfights are over?
3. When Romero says that he kills his friends, to whom is he referring?
4. What gifts does Wilson-Harris give to Jake and Bill when they leave for Pamplona?
5. What is the weather like when Jake and Bill arrive in Burguete?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jake, Bill and the Basques do to pass the time on the bus to Burguete?
2. Cohn wants to see Jake after knocking him unconscious. Does Jake go to see Cohn or does he decide against it? Explain.
3. How do the pictures on the walls of Jake's and Bill's hotel in Burguete add to the coldness of the room?
4. What took place during the paseo in Pamplona?
5. How does Pedro Romero view the bulls that he fights?
6. Explain how the fist fight between Robert Cohn and Jake Barnes gets started?
7. What are the feelings that Brett reveals to Jake about Pedro Romero?
8. What does Cohn decide to do now that Brett is staying over in San Sebastian and what are Jake's feelings about it?
9. What does Cohn do when he finds Pedro Romero with Brett?
10. Relate why Montoya, the hotel owner in Pamplona, smiles at Jake and asks if Bill is an aficionado?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) Compare and contrast Jake Barnes and his friend Bill Gorton.
2) What are their personalities, behaviors, speech, attitudes, and physical appearances?
3) Are they true to life characters?
4) How do they relate to one another?
Essay Topic 2
1) Evaluate the relationship between Mike Campbell and Brett Ashley.
2) Are they a good match?
3) How do they treat one another?
4) Is it an equal, strong partnership?
5) Do they accept one another for who they are?
Justify all answers.
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe what takes place during the fiesta of San Fermin.
2) How long does it last? What is involved in the festival? What preparations are made for the festival?
3) Who takes part in the celebrations?
4) What does the last day of the celebration consist of?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)