Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the religious festival celebrated on July 6?
2. Bill and Jake sit down to eat lunch after fishing and have an amusing conversation about the different men they went to college with. Which men do they mention?
3. Why are Jake and Bill annoyed by the telegram from Cohn that says he will be arriving Thursday?
4. What did a Basque offer to Jake and Bill as they waited in the heat for the bus to leave for Burguete?
5. When Jake returns to his room after his fight with Cohn, Bill tells him that Cohn wants to see him. What does Cohn want from Jake?
1) Compare and contrast Jake Barnes and his friend Bill Gorton.
2) What are their personalities, behaviors, speech, attitudes, and physical appearances?
3) Are they true to life characters?
4) How do they relate to one another?
1) Jake's impotence is mentioned many times in the novel.
2) Analyze how the theme of impotence is presented in the novel and what it symbolizes.
3) How does impotence relate to other themes in the novel?
4) Use examples from the story to support the answer.
1) Interpret the feelings Jake and Brett have for each other.
2) Are their emotions authentic or shallow? Why?
3) Are they truthful with each other or secretive? Explain.
4) What regrets do they have at the end of the novel with regard to their relationship?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)