Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jake's philosophy that everything that is good has to be paid for?
2. What is it called when the bulls are let into the corral with the steers?
3. How does dinner with Brett, Mike, Cohn, and Bill remind Jake of dinners during the war?
4. Where did Brett's husband, Ashley, make her sleep?
5. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
Essay Topic 1
1) Interpret the feelings Jake and Brett have for each other.
2) Are their emotions authentic or shallow? Why?
3) Are they truthful with each other or secretive? Explain.
4) What regrets do they have at the end of the novel with regard to their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
1) Analyze the bull fighting techniques of Pedro Romero.
2) How do his techniques differ from Belmonte's?
3) Which technique do the spectators appreciate more?
4) How does the crowd treat Romero when the bull fight is over?
Essay Topic 3
1) Explain whether or not you think Jake Barnes changes during the course of the novel.
2) Keep in mind his self-knowledge, his thoughts about other characters, his values, and his ability to accept and cope with his situation.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)