Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jake's philosophy that everything that is good has to be paid for?
2. What is it called when the bulls are let into the corral with the steers?
3. How does dinner with Brett, Mike, Cohn, and Bill remind Jake of dinners during the war?
4. Where did Brett's husband, Ashley, make her sleep?
5. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
Essay Topic 1
1) Compare and contrast Brett Ashley and Cohn's fiancée, Frances.
2) Which of the two women is more like the women of today?
3) Defend the answer with examples from the novel and instances of modern day women.
Essay Topic 2
1) Analyze the character of Robert Cohn.
2) How is he depicted by the narrator?
3) How do his own words and actions reveal his character?
4) What do Mike, Brett, Harvey Stone and Bill feel about Robert Cohn?
Essay Topic 3
1) Discuss the value system of Count Mippipopolous.
2) How did he develop his set of values? Is he satisfied with his life or is he miserable?
3) Has he lived life to its potential?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)