Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jake's philosophy that everything that is good has to be paid for?
2. What is it called when the bulls are let into the corral with the steers?
3. How does dinner with Brett, Mike, Cohn, and Bill remind Jake of dinners during the war?
4. Where did Brett's husband, Ashley, make her sleep?
5. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
Essay Topic 1
1) The feelings of the characters seem to change dramatically by the end of the novel.
2) How do the main characters feel about themselves at the beginning of the story?
3) How do they feel at the end of the story?
4) How do they feel about each other at the start of the novel and how do they feel at the end?
Essay Topic 2
1) Give three examples of when Jake comes to the aid of Brett when she asks for help.
2) Defend or criticize his reasons for helping her.
3) Do you think she is justified in asking for his help?
4) What is your opinion of Jake when he continually helps Brett?
Essay Topic 3
1) Describe what takes place during the fiesta of San Fermin.
2) How long does it last? What is involved in the festival? What preparations are made for the festival?
3) Who takes part in the celebrations?
4) What does the last day of the celebration consist of?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)