|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
(a) Hotel Torino
(b) Hotel Bayonne
(c) Hotel Basque
(d) Hotel Montoya
2. What advice does Bill give Jake about dreaming after they wake up from their afternoon nap?
(a) Don't pay any attention to dreams. They don't have any meaning.
(b) Dreaming eases the burdens of the day.
(c) Jake should dream because all the successful businessmen are dreamers.
(d) Dreaming is for children.
3. What does Mike say to Brett after Cohn beats Pedro Romero?
(a) He tells her she should expect trouble if she associates with Jews and bull fighters.
(b) He asks her to go back to Paris with him.
(c) He tells her that he is sorry Romero got hurt.
(d) He says that Cohn is out of his mind.
4. What will the spectators do on the morning of the first day of the bull fights?
(a) They will run down the street with the bulls behind them.
(b) They will stay inside, not looking at the bulls until the fight.
(c) They will stay back behind the posts and let the bulls run past.
(d) They will run down the street behind the bulls.
5. What item does Pedro Romero give to his sword-handler to bring to Brett who is sitting in the stands?
(a) His gold-brocaded cape
(b) His black, silk sash
(c) His tri-cornered hat
(d) His leather gloves
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bill and Cohn make a bet over while eating at the Hotel Montoya?
2. Why do all the passengers sit on top of the bus before it leaves for Baguete?
3. Did Jake and Bill have any luck fishing after their long hike into the valley of the Rio de la Fabrica?
4. How do Jake and Bill stay warm after they finish their evening meal?
5. How is Robert Cohn feeling while he and Jake wait for Brett's train to arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the feelings that Brett reveals to Jake about Pedro Romero?
2. What does Cohn do when he finds Pedro Romero with Brett?
3. How did Pedro Romero perform in the bull ring after getting a severe beating from Robert Cohn?
4. Jake receives a telegram from Brett saying that they are staying over in San Sebastian overnight and will be late. How does Jake treat Cohn after he reads the telegram?
5. What are Jake's thoughts as he lies in bed after the evening with Bill, Mike and Brett?
6. Summarize the description Jake gives of Basque country.
7. How does Pedro Romero view the bulls that he fights?
8. What took place during the paseo in Pamplona?
9. Cohn wants to see Jake after knocking him unconscious. Does Jake go to see Cohn or does he decide against it? Explain.
10. Is Mike Campbell justified in comparing Robert Cohen to one of the steers?
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)