|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term used for the hour after dinner when the pretty girls, officers from the garrison, and the fashionable people walk in the square of Pamplona and the cafes fill up?
(a) The paseo
(b) The fiesta
(c) The aficio
(d) The sombra
2. What is the mood of Jake, Brett, and Cohn on the day before the fiesta?
(a) They feel guilty for the argument the night before.
(b) They are ill from too much wine the night before.
(c) They feel good, healthy and friendly.
(d) They are uncomfortable and edgy.
3. How do the spectators react when they feel they are cheated by Belmonte's bull fight?
(a) Refuse to applaud
(b) Yell insults and throw food
(c) Sit down in silence
(d) Turn their backs on him
4. What is the condition of the countryside in the Basque country?
(a) The land is very rich and green with houses in good, clean condition.
(b) Barren, forgettable countryside with small, dirty villages
(c) Overdeveloped land with many roads and vehicles
(d) Dry, infertile land with small thatched huts scattered throughout
5. Why do all the passengers sit on top of the bus before it leaves for Baguete?
(a) The inside of the bus is full of packages.
(b) It is too smelly inside the bus.
(c) To get a better view of the town
(d) It is such a hot day; they sit on top of the bus and fan themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bill mentions that Romero's face looks badly bruised. What is Brett's reply?
2. When Jake returns to his room after his fight with Cohn, Bill tells him that Cohn wants to see him. What does Cohn want from Jake?
3. What item does Pedro Romero give to his sword-handler to bring to Brett who is sitting in the stands?
4. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
5. What does Mike say to Brett after Cohn beats Pedro Romero?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)