|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it called when the bulls are let into the corral with the steers?
2. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
(a) A nice Spanish town, very clean, on a large river
(b) A smelly Spanish town with a rancid river running through it
(c) A dirty Spanish town, cluttered with litter
(d) A gloomy Spanish town with dark, unkempt streets
3. Bill mentions that Romero's face looks badly bruised. What is Brett's reply?
(a) That Cohn is to blame.
(b) That Romero is badly hurt and should be in bed
(c) That it isn't as bad as it looks.
(d) That Romero is hurt, but he will be fine
4. When Jake returns to his room after his fight with Cohn, Bill tells him that Cohn wants to see him. What does Cohn want from Jake?
(a) The whereabouts of Brett
(b) To continue the fight
(d) An apology
5. What keepsake does Romero hand to Brett after he kills the last bull?
(a) His sword
(b) The bloody cape
(c) The bull's severed tongue
(d) The bull's severed ear
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mood of Jake, Brett, and Cohn on the day before the fiesta?
2. What is the weather like when Jake and Bill arrive in Burguete?
3. What is Cohn's response when Bill suggests that he not look at the horses when the bull gores them?
4. How does Jake feel after the fiesta and the bull fighting?
5. While on the bus, Bill and Jake have a conversation with an old man who says that he lived in America forty years ago. Why did he return to Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cohn do when he finds Pedro Romero with Brett?
2. What are Jake's thoughts as he lies in bed after the evening with Bill, Mike and Brett?
3. Both Bill and Jake are irritated when Cohn says that he doesn't think Brett and Mike are going to show up when they are supposed to. What happens as a result of Cohn's annoying comments?
4. Jake receives a telegram from Brett saying that they are staying over in San Sebastian overnight and will be late. How does Jake treat Cohn after he reads the telegram?
5. On the day the bull fights are to take place, Cohn tells Bill and Jake that he hopes he won't be bored at the bull fight. What is Bill's reaction to Cohn's comment?
6. Why is the bull fighter, Romero, the main attraction of all the bull fighters?
7. What are the feelings that Brett reveals to Jake about Pedro Romero?
8. What does Cohn decide to do now that Brett is staying over in San Sebastian and what are Jake's feelings about it?
9. What took place during the paseo in Pamplona?
10. How did Pedro Romero perform in the bull ring after getting a severe beating from Robert Cohn?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)