|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill tell Jake he should be the minute he gets up in the morning?
(a) Ironical and full of pity
(b) Comical and nonchalant
(c) Adamant and angry
(d) Serious and ready to work
2. How does Jake feel after the fiesta and the bull fighting?
3. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
(a) A smelly Spanish town with a rancid river running through it
(b) A dirty Spanish town, cluttered with litter
(c) A gloomy Spanish town with dark, unkempt streets
(d) A nice Spanish town, very clean, on a large river
4. How does dinner with Brett, Mike, Cohn, and Bill remind Jake of dinners during the war?
(a) There is wine, ignored tension, and foreboding of what is to come.
(b) There are arguments, hurt feelings, and fear.
(c) There is a feeling that it will be their last dinner together.
(d) There is camaraderie between friends.
5. What is the name of the religious festival celebrated on July 6?
(a) San Fermin
(b) San Riau
(c) San Sombra
(d) San Pamplona
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the spectators react when they feel they are cheated by Belmonte's bull fight?
2. What is the mood of Jake, Brett, and Cohn on the day before the fiesta?
3. What gifts does Wilson-Harris give to Jake and Bill when they leave for Pamplona?
4. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
5. What part of the countryside did Jake's bus travel after stopping at the posada to drop off packages?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how the fist fight between Robert Cohn and Jake Barnes gets started?
2. Bill calls Jake an expatriate. What does he mean by this?
3. What type of personal conversations do Bill and Jake get into while they are in the countryside fishing?
4. What do Jake, Bill and the Basques do to pass the time on the bus to Burguete?
5. What are Jake's thoughts as he lies in bed after the evening with Bill, Mike and Brett?
6. Both Bill and Jake are irritated when Cohn says that he doesn't think Brett and Mike are going to show up when they are supposed to. What happens as a result of Cohn's annoying comments?
7. How did Pedro Romero perform in the bull ring after getting a severe beating from Robert Cohn?
8. What does Cohn decide to do now that Brett is staying over in San Sebastian and what are Jake's feelings about it?
9. Compare the weather as Bill and Jake depart on the bus to Burguete and the weather upon their arrival at Burguete. What images are given to describe the weather?
10. What took place during the paseo in Pamplona?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)