|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
(a) Dead rabbits, dead pheasants, and dead ducks
(b) Bull-fighting paintings
(c) Spanish landscapes
(d) Portraits of famous visitors to the hotel
2. How does Jake feel after the fiesta and the bull fighting?
3. How do the spectators react when they feel they are cheated by Belmonte's bull fight?
(a) Refuse to applaud
(b) Yell insults and throw food
(c) Turn their backs on him
(d) Sit down in silence
4. What is the weather like when Jake and Bill arrive in Burguete?
(a) Humid and stifling
(b) Hot and sunny
(c) Very cold
(d) Rainy and windy
5. Bill mentions that Romero's face looks badly bruised. What is Brett's reply?
(a) That it isn't as bad as it looks.
(b) That Cohn is to blame.
(c) That Romero is hurt, but he will be fine
(d) That Romero is badly hurt and should be in bed
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill reveal to Jake after they finish bantering about Henry's bicycle?
2. What did a Basque offer to Jake and Bill as they waited in the heat for the bus to leave for Burguete?
3. How does Jake feel about Robert Cohn after Brett does not show up on the train?
4. How are the houses in Burguete arranged?
5. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cohn decide to do now that Brett is staying over in San Sebastian and what are Jake's feelings about it?
2. Cohn wants to see Jake after knocking him unconscious. Does Jake go to see Cohn or does he decide against it? Explain.
3. What are Jake's thoughts as he lies in bed after the evening with Bill, Mike and Brett?
4. What took place during the paseo in Pamplona?
5. Why is the bull fighter, Romero, the main attraction of all the bull fighters?
6. Relate why Montoya, the hotel owner in Pamplona, smiles at Jake and asks if Bill is an aficionado?
7. Is Mike Campbell justified in comparing Robert Cohen to one of the steers?
8. What does Cohn do when he finds Pedro Romero with Brett?
9. What type of personal conversations do Bill and Jake get into while they are in the countryside fishing?
10. Summarize the description Jake gives of Basque country.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)