|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Jake and Bill have any luck fishing after their long hike into the valley of the Rio de la Fabrica?
(a) They each catch one trout.
(b) They don't get any bites all morning.
(c) Jake catches six trout but Bill has no luck.
(d) Jake catches six trout and Bill catches four.
2. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
(a) The Spanish carabineers empty every bag and check the passport.
(b) The Spanish carabineers do a full body search on each traveler and check the passport.
(c) The Spanish carabineers do not bother with the bags, but check the passport.
(d) The Spanish carabineers open one bag and look at the passport.
3. What advice does Bill give Jake about dreaming after they wake up from their afternoon nap?
(a) Jake should dream because all the successful businessmen are dreamers.
(b) Don't pay any attention to dreams. They don't have any meaning.
(c) Dreaming eases the burdens of the day.
(d) Dreaming is for children.
4. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
(a) To give room to pilgrims passing on the road
(b) So everyone could get a good view of the countryside
(c) To give room to six mules pulling a heavily loaded freight wagon
(d) To make room for the wild goats on the hillside
5. What is the term used for the hour after dinner when the pretty girls, officers from the garrison, and the fashionable people walk in the square of Pamplona and the cafes fill up?
(a) The sombra
(b) The aficio
(c) The paseo
(d) The fiesta
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill tell Jake he should be the minute he gets up in the morning?
2. How do Jake and Bill stay warm after they finish their evening meal?
3. What is the name of the man who was gored through the back and killed during the bull run?
4. What keepsake does Romero hand to Brett after he kills the last bull?
5. Jake says that the first meal in Spain is "always a shock". What does the meal consist of?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)