Final Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jake's philosophy that everything that is good has to be paid for?
(a) He says that payment is made by living life.
(b) He says that it is paid by learning, by experience, by taking chances, or by money.
(c) He believes money will buy anything.
(d) He says that payment is made by working hard.
2. What is it called when the bulls are let into the corral with the steers?
3. How does dinner with Brett, Mike, Cohn, and Bill remind Jake of dinners during the war?
(a) There is wine, ignored tension, and foreboding of what is to come.
(b) There is camaraderie between friends.
(c) There is a feeling that it will be their last dinner together.
(d) There are arguments, hurt feelings, and fear.
4. Where did Brett's husband, Ashley, make her sleep?
(a) In a hotel room
(b) In the servant's quarters
(c) On the floor
(d) In the guest room
5. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
(a) The Spanish carabineers do a full body search on each traveler and check the passport.
(b) The Spanish carabineers open one bag and look at the passport.
(c) The Spanish carabineers do not bother with the bags, but check the passport.
(d) The Spanish carabineers empty every bag and check the passport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a Basque offer to Jake and Bill as they waited in the heat for the bus to leave for Burguete?
2. How long does the fiesta last?
3. What is the mood of Jake, Brett, and Cohn on the day before the fiesta?
4. What item does Pedro Romero give to his sword-handler to bring to Brett who is sitting in the stands?
5. What does Bill tell Jake he should be the minute he gets up in the morning?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)