|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake feel about Robert Cohn after Brett does not show up on the train?
(a) Jake is unforgiving and jealous of Cohn. He hates him and wants to hurt him.
(b) He sympathizes with Cohn's disappointment when Brett doesn't show up.
(c) He lets bygones be bygones and forgives Cohn for going to San Sebastian with Brett.
(d) He thinks Cohn is a good friend and has a pleasant attitude.
2. What is Cohn's reaction when Mike starts toward him from around the table to start a fight over Brett?
(a) Cohn waits proudly and firmly for Mike to assault him. He wants to show he will fight for Brett.
(b) Cohn hides behind Jake, asking him to stop Mike.
(c) Cohn mumbles something and leaves the hotel.
(d) Cohn backs up a few steps, then turns and runs.
3. What does the crowd do to Romero after the bullfights are over?
(a) They insult the way he fought the bulls.
(b) They quietly let him pass through the gate.
(c) They lift him on their shoulders and carry him out the gate.
(d) They leave him alone to be with Brett.
4. Why are Jake and Bill annoyed by the telegram from Cohn that says he will be arriving Thursday?
(a) The overly long message annoys them.
(b) The short, abrupt message annoys them.
(c) The lateness of the message annoys them.
(d) The tone of the message annoys them.
5. What item does Pedro Romero give to his sword-handler to bring to Brett who is sitting in the stands?
(a) His gold-brocaded cape
(b) His tri-cornered hat
(c) His black, silk sash
(d) His leather gloves
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term used for the hour after dinner when the pretty girls, officers from the garrison, and the fashionable people walk in the square of Pamplona and the cafes fill up?
2. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
3. What does Bill reveal to Jake after they finish bantering about Henry's bicycle?
4. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
5. What does Bill tell Jake he should be the minute he gets up in the morning?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)