|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Robert Cohn feeling while he and Jake wait for Brett's train to arrive?
(a) He is nonchalant.
(b) He is relaxed and pleasant.
(c) He is extremely nervous and eager.
(d) He is feverish and shaky.
2. Why does Cohn start a fight with Jake at the Cafe Suizo and knock him out?
(a) Cohn is angry that Jake takes Mike's side against him.
(b) Jake tells Cohn to find other friends.
(c) Jake tells Cohn that he loves Brett.
(d) Jake refuses to tell him where Brett is.
3. Why do all the passengers sit on top of the bus before it leaves for Baguete?
(a) It is too smelly inside the bus.
(b) The inside of the bus is full of packages.
(c) To get a better view of the town
(d) It is such a hot day; they sit on top of the bus and fan themselves.
4. How does Jake feel after the fiesta and the bull fighting?
5. What keepsake does Romero hand to Brett after he kills the last bull?
(a) The bull's severed tongue
(b) The bull's severed ear
(c) The bloody cape
(d) His sword
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill tell Jake he should be the minute he gets up in the morning?
2. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
3. Did Jake and Bill have any luck fishing after their long hike into the valley of the Rio de la Fabrica?
4. Bill lectures Jake about being an expatriate. What does he say has ruined Jake?
5. What do Bill and Cohn make a bet over while eating at the Hotel Montoya?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Jake, Bill and the Basques do to pass the time on the bus to Burguete?
2. Jake and Bill meet a Basque who lived in America forty years before. What parts of America had he visited and why did he return to Spain?
3. Why is the bull fighter, Romero, the main attraction of all the bull fighters?
4. Both Bill and Jake are irritated when Cohn says that he doesn't think Brett and Mike are going to show up when they are supposed to. What happens as a result of Cohn's annoying comments?
5. Jake receives a telegram from Brett saying that they are staying over in San Sebastian overnight and will be late. How does Jake treat Cohn after he reads the telegram?
6. What took place during the paseo in Pamplona?
7. What type of personal conversations do Bill and Jake get into while they are in the countryside fishing?
8. Bill calls Jake an expatriate. What does he mean by this?
9. Compare the weather as Bill and Jake depart on the bus to Burguete and the weather upon their arrival at Burguete. What images are given to describe the weather?
10. How did Pedro Romero perform in the bull ring after getting a severe beating from Robert Cohn?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)