|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
(a) Señor Gayarra
(b) Pedro Romero
(c) Jose Fermin
(d) Pedro Iruna
2. What does Bill tell Jake he should be the minute he gets up in the morning?
(a) Ironical and full of pity
(b) Comical and nonchalant
(c) Adamant and angry
(d) Serious and ready to work
3. While on the bus, Bill and Jake have a conversation with an old man who says that he lived in America forty years ago. Why did he return to Spain?
(a) To get married
(b) He was broke.
(c) To attend his mother's funeral
(d) He missed his homeland.
4. When Romero says that he kills his friends, to whom is he referring?
(a) Some of his old class mates
(b) The picadores
(c) The other bull fighters
(d) The bulls
5. What part of the countryside did Jake's bus travel after stopping at the posada to drop off packages?
(a) Through rough, rocky plains
(b) Through a soot covered mill town
(c) Through farming country with rocky hills
(d) Through the crowded city streets
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cohn's reaction when Mike starts toward him from around the table to start a fight over Brett?
2. How do Jake and Bill stay warm after they finish their evening meal?
3. What is the condition of the countryside in the Basque country?
4. Why were workmen putting up gate-posts that shut off the side streets in Pamplona?
5. How does Jake feel about Robert Cohn after Brett does not show up on the train?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)