|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bill mentions that Romero's face looks badly bruised. What is Brett's reply?
(a) That Cohn is to blame.
(b) That Romero is badly hurt and should be in bed
(c) That it isn't as bad as it looks.
(d) That Romero is hurt, but he will be fine
2. What does the bull fight critic say about Pedro Romero's performance in the ring when Jake is having a drink with them?
(a) He says that Romero is just an amateur.
(b) He says that Romero should find another line of work.
(c) He says that Romero's work is good but incomplete.
(d) He says that Romero is the best fighter he has ever seen.
3. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
(a) They take boats down the stream.
(b) They wade across the stream.
(c) They try to convince other travelers to hide them in their vehicles.
(d) They wait for nightfall and sneak through the Spanish frontier.
4. What is the name of the man who was gored through the back and killed during the bull run?
(a) Mike Campbell
(b) Vincente Girones
(c) Pedro Romero
5. Why are Jake and Bill annoyed by the telegram from Cohn that says he will be arriving Thursday?
(a) The overly long message annoys them.
(b) The short, abrupt message annoys them.
(c) The tone of the message annoys them.
(d) The lateness of the message annoys them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Brett's husband, Ashley, make her sleep?
2. What types of emotion do Jake and his friends feel after the bull fight is over?
3. What do Bill and Cohn make a bet over while eating at the Hotel Montoya?
4. How do Jake and Bill stay warm after they finish their evening meal?
5. What does Robert Cohn do when he finds Brett and Pedro Romero in bed together?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)