|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
(a) A walk along the Seinne
(b) To the dance club, bal musette
(c) To Foyot's
(d) To the Louvre
2. What does Jake read after putting on his pajamas and getting into bed?
(a) He reads a few pages of a novel, hoping it will put him to sleep.
(b) He reads the Paris daily newspaper.
(c) He reads
(d) He reads the New York Times which he has delivered to him from America.
3. Where does Brett tell Jake she is going?
(b) San Sebastian
4. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
(a) Jake spills hot coffee in his lap.
(b) Cohn kicks him under the table.
(c) Frances throws water in his face.
(d) Frances kicks him under the table.
5. What is Brett's formal title?
(a) Mon Cherie Brett
(b) Duchess Ashley
(c) Countess Ashley
(d) Lady Ashley
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
2. What does Jake do to pass the time while he waits for Brett to meet him at the Hotel Crillon?
3. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
4. Who do Bill and Jake see in a taxi as they are walking down the street to a restaurant?
5. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
Short Essay Questions
1. What words of wisdom does Jake give to Robert Cohn about traveling and trying to escape from himself?
2. As Jake lies in bed trying to sleep, what does he continue to think about?
3. What is pernod and what type of reaction does a person have after drinking it?
4. Jake has lunch with Cohn and once again, Cohn asks Jake about South America. Jake tells Cohn to go with his fiancée, Frances. What is Cohn's reply?
5. Why does Cohn send his fiancée, Frances back to England to visit friends?
6. Why does Robert Cohn become obsessed about going to South America?
7. Mike asks Jake if he and Brett can go to Spain with him. Jake agrees and Brett asks if it will be too hard on Cohn. Why doesn't Jake understand this question and what is his reaction when he finds out?
8. Why does Cohn resort to kicking Jake under the table when Jake suggests they meet a girl he knows in Strasbourg?
9. Count Mippipopolous enjoys everything life has to offer. What explanation does he five for this?
10. How does Mike Campbell show his love for Brett?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)