|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Jake and Bill share their train compartment with?
(a) An American man, his wife, and their young son
(b) Two single women traveling alone
(c) Two soldiers from America
(d) Count Mippipopolous
2. What is the reason Brett tells Jake she is a goner?
(a) She finds out she is very sick.
(b) She thinks she drinks too much.
(c) She is hopelessly in love with Pedro Romero.
(d) She is still in love with Jake.
3. How do Jake and Bill stay warm after they finish their evening meal?
(a) They sit in front of the fireplace.
(b) They go to bed and read.
(c) They put on extra layers of clothing.
(d) They go for a run through the town.
4. How does Jake feel after the fiesta and the bull fighting?
5. After five years of marriage, three children and spending close to fifty thousand dollars, what does Robert Cohn's rich wife do?
(a) She leaves him for a painter of miniatures.
(b) She announces that she is pregnant again.
(c) She gives him a surprise anniversary party.
(d) She tells him she would like to get a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
2. What does Brett say she did while in San Sebastian?
3. As Frances continues her tirade against Cohn, what does she think is the real reason why he won't marry her?
4. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
5. What is Mike Campbell's financial situation?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)