|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake react when Brett tells him she was in San Sebastian with Cohn?
(a) He is nasty and sarcastic.
(b) His eyes tear up and his lip trembles.
(c) He is indifferent to the whole situation.
(d) He tells Brett she cannot go to Pamplona.
2. What is the name of the man who was gored through the back and killed during the bull run?
(a) Pedro Romero
(b) Mike Campbell
(c) Vincente Girones
3. What is Mike Campbell's financial situation?
(a) He is in an undischarged bankruptcy.
(b) He is a self-made millionaire.
(c) He has a small nest egg in the bank.
(d) He is independently wealthy.
4. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
(a) They tell him he is lucky; it could have been worse.
(b) They tell him it is not important and he shouldn't worry about it.
(c) They say it is better than getting killed.
(d) They tell him not to think about it.
5. What does Mike say to Brett after Cohn beats Pedro Romero?
(a) He asks her to go back to Paris with him.
(b) He tells her that he is sorry Romero got hurt.
(c) He says that Cohn is out of his mind.
(d) He tells her she should expect trouble if she associates with Jews and bull fighters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jake go after he leaves the archivist's office?
2. What is the cost for room and board at Jake's hotel in Burguete?
3. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
4. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
5. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)