|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brett's response when the Count asks her to go to Biarritz, Cannes, or Monte Carlo?
(a) She says that she would rather go to America with him.
(b) She says that she cannot go because Cohn would be upset.
(c) She says that she would be delighted to go to all those places.
(d) She says that she knows too many people everywhere and she is in love with Jake.
2. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
(a) He knows he is deeply in love with Frances.
(b) He wants to elope with Frances immediately.
(c) He withdraws into himself, rarely going out.
(d) He is not so simple or so nice, and not as pleasant to have around.
3. What does Bill tell Jake the secret to success is?
(a) Try to stop injustice
(b) Invest wisely
(c) Never be daunted
(d) Write the great American novel
4. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
(a) Jake is sick and tired of hearing about South America, telling Cohn to drop the subject.
(b) Cohn is angry that Jake insults Brett by saying she married someone she didn't love, twice. Jake also tells him to go to hell.
(c) Cohn is insulted when Jake tells him to leave Frances because she is no good for him.
(d) Jake is furious when Cohn makes a joke about his war injury.
5. What is it called when the bulls are let into the corral with the steers?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jake go after he leaves the archivist's office?
2. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
3. What is Cohn's response when Bill suggests that he not look at the horses when the bull gores them?
4. What does Jake do to pass the time while Brett and Robert Cohn are out of town?
5. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)