|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brett say about Cohn after she tells him that she and Jake want to be alone?
(a) She says that she is very fond of him and that it could lead to something more.
(b) She says that she is going away with Cohn for good.
(c) She says that she is leaving Mike for Cohn.
(d) She says that she is sick of him and he has behaved very badly.
2. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
(a) He says that he can't seem to get started on his second book and he is worried.
(b) He says that he has decided not to write anymore.
(c) He says that all is going well and he is half way through his second book.
(d) He says that his writing is speeding along and he is on the final chapter.
3. What keepsake does Romero hand to Brett after he kills the last bull?
(a) The bull's severed tongue
(b) His sword
(c) The bull's severed ear
(d) The bloody cape
4. What did Frances say that Robert did to his secretary at Frances' request?
(a) He gave her an increase in pay.
(b) He promoted her to an editorial position.
(c) He got rid of her to please Frances.
(d) He mentioned her in his first novel.
5. In a letter to Jake, what does Cohn tell Jake he has been doing in Hendaye?
(a) Gambling and drinking
(b) Going on long walks and hunting
(c) Bicycling and boating
(d) Having a quiet time, bathing, golfing, and playing bridge
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
2. What do Bill and Cohn make a bet over while eating at the Hotel Montoya?
3. What is Brett's reaction when Jake kisses her in the taxi?
4. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
5. What is Jake's philosophy that everything that is good has to be paid for?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)