|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brett say she did while in San Sebastian?
(a) She went sun bathing at the beach.
(b) She visited all the cafes in the area.
(c) She prayed at the Basílica de Santa María del Coro.
(d) She never went out and didn't do anything.
2. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
(a) Outgoing and proud
(b) Superior and snooty
(c) Angry and reclusive
(d) Inferior and shy
3. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
(a) Dead rabbits, dead pheasants, and dead ducks
(b) Bull-fighting paintings
(c) Portraits of famous visitors to the hotel
(d) Spanish landscapes
4. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
(a) He wants to elope with Frances immediately.
(b) He knows he is deeply in love with Frances.
(c) He withdraws into himself, rarely going out.
(d) He is not so simple or so nice, and not as pleasant to have around.
5. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
(b) A partnership in a new magazine
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mike assigned to bring to Pamplona?
2. What is morality, according to Jake?
3. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
4. What did a Basque offer to Jake and Bill as they waited in the heat for the bus to leave for Burguete?
5. What did it mean when the Basque said "Arriba" to Bill and Jake?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)