|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brett's formal title?
(a) Duchess Ashley
(b) Lady Ashley
(c) Countess Ashley
(d) Mon Cherie Brett
2. Who has a cab waiting for Jake and Bill as they get off the train?
(a) Harvey Stone
(b) Robert Cohn
(c) Brett and Mike
3. Jake, Bill and their traveling companions in the train compartment talk about fishing trips. What comment does the American wife make about men?
(a) She says that most men voted for prohibition.
(b) She implies that men get out of control if there is liquor around.
(c) She says that most men are self-disciplined and decent.
(d) She says that only a few men get drunk on a regular basis.
4. What are the two pieces of mail that Jakes picks up from the concierge when he returns to his flat?
(a) A letter from his brother in America and a bank statement
(b) A bank statement and a wedding invitation
(c) A postcard from an army buddy and a letter from his sister
(d) A college commencement invitation and a letter from Brett
5. Where does Brett tell Jake she is going?
(c) San Sebastian
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Jake, Bill and Cohn decide to do after Jake receives the telegram from Brett says she and Mike stopped in San Sebastian for the night?
2. While on the bus, Bill and Jake have a conversation with an old man who says that he lived in America forty years ago. Why did he return to Spain?
3. What news does Frances Clyne reveal to Jake when she asks him to go with her to the Dome?
4. Where does Jake think Robert Cohn gets his dislike of Paris?
5. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)