|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the reason Brett tells Jake she is a goner?
(a) She is hopelessly in love with Pedro Romero.
(b) She thinks she drinks too much.
(c) She is still in love with Jake.
(d) She finds out she is very sick.
2. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
(a) As his fiancée
(b) As his cousin
(c) As his sister
(d) As a poule he picked up on the street
3. What types of emotion do Jake and his friends feel after the bull fight is over?
(a) Disturbed and elated
(b) Subdued and disturbed
(c) Disgusted and drained
(d) Excited and aggressive
4. What part of the countryside did Jake's bus travel after stopping at the posada to drop off packages?
(a) Through a soot covered mill town
(b) Through farming country with rocky hills
(c) Through rough, rocky plains
(d) Through the crowded city streets
5. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
(a) Frances throws water in his face.
(b) Jake spills hot coffee in his lap.
(c) Cohn kicks him under the table.
(d) Frances kicks him under the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake do to pass the time while Brett and Robert Cohn are out of town?
2. When Jake returns to his room after his fight with Cohn, Bill tells him that Cohn wants to see him. What does Cohn want from Jake?
3. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
4. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
5. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)