|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
(a) He gets his nose flattened.
(b) He is knocked out.
(c) He breaks his hand.
(d) He wins on a TKO.
2. What gifts does Wilson-Harris give to Jake and Bill when they leave for Pamplona?
(a) He gives them each a bottle of wine.
(b) He gives each of them an envelope with flies for fishing.
(c) He gives them each a goatskin flask.
(d) He gives them each a new rod.
3. What happens to Bill Gorton during his stay in Vienna?
(a) Bill wins a large sum of money betting on a prize-fight.
(b) Bill is mugged while drunk in Vienna.
(c) Bill has a wonderful trip full of pleasant memories.
(d) Bill is drunk for four days in Vienna and doesn't remember much about the trip.
4. How is Robert Cohn feeling while he and Jake wait for Brett's train to arrive?
(a) He is feverish and shaky.
(b) He is relaxed and pleasant.
(c) He is extremely nervous and eager.
(d) He is nonchalant.
5. What does Bill tell Jake the secret to success is?
(a) Write the great American novel
(b) Try to stop injustice
(c) Never be daunted
(d) Invest wisely
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do all the passengers sit on top of the bus before it leaves for Baguete?
2. What is Jake's reply when Cohn asks him if he is worried about his life passing him by?
3. Why doesn't Cohn want Jake talking about meeting the American girl in Strasbourg?
4. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
5. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)