|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Count enjoy everything so much?
(a) Because he has plenty of money to spend
(b) Because he is always drunk
(c) Because he has lived a full life and gotten to know the values, so he can enjoy everything.
(d) Because he has so many friends
2. There are seven cars on the train full of Catholic Americans from Dayton, Ohio. Where are they headed?
(a) They are planning a fishing trip.
(b) They are going to the bull-fights in Spain.
(c) They are on a pilgrimage to Rome, Biarritz, and Lourdes.
(d) They are touring the basilicas in Spain.
3. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
(a) Cohn is expectantly hoping for a night with Georgette.
(b) Cohn is looking with adoration at his fiancée, Frances.
(c) Cohn is eagerly looking at Lady Brett, hoping for a dance.
(d) Cohn is in awe of the night life in Paris.
4. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
(a) They tell him it is not important and he shouldn't worry about it.
(b) They say it is better than getting killed.
(c) They tell him he is lucky; it could have been worse.
(d) They tell him not to think about it.
5. Who arrives at Jake's flat after he finishes showering?
(a) Brett and Robert Cohn
(b) Brett and Harvey Stone
(c) Robert Cohn and Harvey Stone
(d) Brett and Count Mippipopolous
Short Answer Questions
1. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
2. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
3. What is the mood of Jake, Brett, and Cohn on the day before the fiesta?
4. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
5. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)