|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did it mean when the Basque said "Arriba" to Bill and Jake?
(a) Lift it up
(b) Put it down
(c) Stop drinking
(d) Put the cork on
2. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(a) Horse racers
(c) African safari hunters
3. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
(a) He hopes it will lead to a more intimate time later in the evening.
(b) He feels sorry for her and hopes to talk her into a different lifestyle.
(c) He thinks she looks down and out and could use a good meal.
(d) He thinks it would be nice to eat with someone.
4. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
(a) Hotel Basque
(b) Hotel Montoya
(c) Hotel Bayonne
(d) Hotel Torino
5. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
(a) Everyone needs many children and live through your children.
(b) Going to see bull-fighters will spice up his life and getting married is necessary for a man.
(c) South America will help him live life and he doesn't like Paris.
(d) Dating many women is the thing to do and writing a novel is fulfilling.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
2. Who has a cab waiting for Jake and Bill as they get off the train?
3. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
4. What fortune does Brett give to Pedro Romero when she reads his palm?
5. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)