|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake do to pass the time while he waits for Brett to meet him at the Hotel Crillon?
(a) He reads the Bible in the lounge.
(b) He writes letters on the hotel stationary.
(c) He works on an article he is writing for the paper.
(d) He has a glass of wine and watches people passing by.
2. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
(a) Hotel Torino
(b) Hotel Basque
(c) Hotel Bayonne
(d) Hotel Montoya
3. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
(a) Harvey Stone
(b) Robert Cohn
(c) Brett Ashley
4. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
(a) He asks if all the Catholics enjoyed making everyone else on the train wait for lunch.
(b) He wants to know when the Protestants get to eat and it makes him want to join the Klan.
(c) He asks if the next time, the Catholics can be the last to be served.
(d) He inquires about the quality of the food and if there is any left.
5. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
(a) They tell him it is not important and he shouldn't worry about it.
(b) They tell him he is lucky; it could have been worse.
(c) They say it is better than getting killed.
(d) They tell him not to think about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gifts does Wilson-Harris give to Jake and Bill when they leave for Pamplona?
2. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
3. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
4. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
5. Why doesn't Brett want Jake to touch her?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)