|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
(a) He thinks it would be nice to eat with someone.
(b) He thinks she looks down and out and could use a good meal.
(c) He feels sorry for her and hopes to talk her into a different lifestyle.
(d) He hopes it will lead to a more intimate time later in the evening.
2. What words does Mike repeat to describe Brett to Jake and Bill?
(a) A bountiful beauty
(b) A raving beauty
(c) A lovely piece
(d) A lovely rose
3. Who has a cab waiting for Jake and Bill as they get off the train?
(a) Robert Cohn
(b) Harvey Stone
(c) Brett and Mike
4. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
(a) He asks if the next time, the Catholics can be the last to be served.
(b) He wants to know when the Protestants get to eat and it makes him want to join the Klan.
(c) He asks if all the Catholics enjoyed making everyone else on the train wait for lunch.
(d) He inquires about the quality of the food and if there is any left.
5. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
2. In a letter to Jake, what does Cohn tell Jake he has been doing in Hendaye?
3. What keepsake does Romero hand to Brett after he kills the last bull?
4. How are the houses in Burguete arranged?
5. What is the condition of the countryside in the Basque country?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)