|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it called when the bulls are let into the corral with the steers?
2. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
(a) His budget won't allow him to go out much.
(b) It's hard getting out with a wife and children.
(c) He is too tired by the end of the work day.
(d) He has to work nights.
3. What title does Robert Cohn achieve while attending Princeton?
(a) Rhodes Scholar
(b) Princeton Review editor
(c) Middleweight boxing champion
(d) Heavyweight boxing champion
4. What are Jake and Bill Gorton planning to do during their trip to Spain?
(a) Do some fishing and go to the festival in Pamplona
(b) Visit the vineyards in Pamplona
(c) See an opera and do some fishing
(d) Tour the Basque country and relax in Barcelona
5. The Count boasts that he has been around. Where has he been?
(a) He has been in seven wars and four revolutions.
(b) He has been all over Europe.
(c) He has sailed around the world.
(d) He has traveled across America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
2. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
3. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
4. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
5. What did Frances say that Robert did to his secretary at Frances' request?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)