|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
(a) He believes love if not what the poets says it is.
(b) He thinks love is for the birds.
(c) He says that being in love is fun and an enjoyable feeling.
(d) He thinks love is
2. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Brett and Georgette
(b) Woolsey and Krum
(c) Braddocks and Cohn
(d) Cohn and Brett
3. Jake, Bill and their traveling companions in the train compartment talk about fishing trips. What comment does the American wife make about men?
(a) She says that only a few men get drunk on a regular basis.
(b) She says that most men voted for prohibition.
(c) She implies that men get out of control if there is liquor around.
(d) She says that most men are self-disciplined and decent.
4. Why doesn't Brett want Jake to touch her?
(a) She is not feeling well.
(b) She loves him and can't stand that they are unable to do anything about it.
(c) She loves someone else.
(d) She has no feelings for him.
5. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
(a) Bull-fighting paintings
(b) Dead rabbits, dead pheasants, and dead ducks
(c) Spanish landscapes
(d) Portraits of famous visitors to the hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Brett's husband, Ashley, make her sleep?
2. What do Jake, Bill and Cohn decide to do after Jake receives the telegram from Brett says she and Mike stopped in San Sebastian for the night?
3. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
4. What is the name of the man who was gored through the back and killed during the bull run?
5. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)