|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brett's reaction when Jake kisses her in the taxi?
(a) She moves to the corner of the seat, far away from Jake and puts her head down.
(b) She pushes closer to Jake, putting her arms around him.
(c) She acts pleasantly surprised.
(d) She asks him to kiss her again.
2. What did it mean when the Basque said "Arriba" to Bill and Jake?
(a) Put it down
(b) Lift it up
(c) Put the cork on
(d) Stop drinking
3. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
(a) He has a cup of coffee and then decides to go home.
(b) He sits at his desk, wallowing in self-pity.
(c) He tries to concentrate on his typing, but can't hold a clear thought.
(d) He reads the French morning papers, smokes and sets to work on the typewriter.
4. Why does the concierge of Jake's flat changer her opinion of Brett?
(a) She sees that Brett is very nice, of a good family and very gentile.
(b) She sees that Brett is from a low class family, penniless and a fortune hunter.
(c) She sees that Brett is a shrew who should be avoided.
(d) She discovers that Brett is rude, crude, and ignorant.
5. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
(a) He says that he can't do it. Nothing will make him do it.
(b) He says that he has to go to South America. He just has to.
(c) He says that he doesn't want it to happen to him.
(d) He says that his life is passing him by. He's losing his way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Cohn want Jake talking about meeting the American girl in Strasbourg?
2. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
3. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
4. What is Cohn's reaction when Mike starts toward him from around the table to start a fight over Brett?
5. What does Robert Cohn do when he finds Brett and Pedro Romero in bed together?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)