|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bill mentions that Romero's face looks badly bruised. What is Brett's reply?
(a) That Romero is badly hurt and should be in bed
(b) That it isn't as bad as it looks.
(c) That Cohn is to blame.
(d) That Romero is hurt, but he will be fine
2. While on the bus, Bill and Jake have a conversation with an old man who says that he lived in America forty years ago. Why did he return to Spain?
(a) To get married
(b) To attend his mother's funeral
(c) He was broke.
(d) He missed his homeland.
3. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
(a) Angry and reclusive
(b) Outgoing and proud
(c) Superior and snooty
(d) Inferior and shy
4. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
(d) South America
5. Where does Jake think Robert Cohn gets his dislike of Paris?
(a) From Fances's bad attitude toward Paris
(b) From the opinionated writings of Mencken
(c) From cultural discussions with Braddocks
(d) From negative experiences he has had
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
2. What excuses do Brett and Jake give when the Count suggests that they get married?
3. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
4. What words does Mike repeat to describe Brett to Jake and Bill?
5. How is Robert Cohn feeling while he and Jake wait for Brett's train to arrive?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)