|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jake watches Brett walk up the street from his flat and get into the Count's limousine, what is he thinking?
(a) He thinks that he should have gone with Brett when she offered to bring him to Zelli's.
(b) He thinks that he should be getting back to bed.
(c) He thinks that it is easy to be brave and ignore things in the daytime, but at night, all the worries and heartache returns.
(d) He wonders what it would be like if he was able to have a normal relationship with Brett.
2. After five years of marriage, three children and spending close to fifty thousand dollars, what does Robert Cohn's rich wife do?
(a) She tells him she would like to get a job.
(b) She leaves him for a painter of miniatures.
(c) She announces that she is pregnant again.
(d) She gives him a surprise anniversary party.
3. Bill lectures Jake about being an expatriate. What does he say has ruined Jake?
(a) Not enough reading
(b) Fake European standards
(c) Not enough exercise
(d) Too little caffeine
4. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
(a) To give room to six mules pulling a heavily loaded freight wagon
(b) To give room to pilgrims passing on the road
(c) To make room for the wild goats on the hillside
(d) So everyone could get a good view of the countryside
5. What is morality, according to Jake?
(a) Helping your neighbor
(b) What they teach in church.
(c) Being kind to one another
(d) Things that make you disgusted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Robert Cohn feeling while he and Jake wait for Brett's train to arrive?
2. Bill and Jake sit down to eat lunch after fishing and have an amusing conversation about the different men they went to college with. Which men do they mention?
3. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
4. What is Cohn's reaction when Mike starts toward him from around the table to start a fight over Brett?
5. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)