|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
2. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
(a) His budget won't allow him to go out much.
(b) He has to work nights.
(c) It's hard getting out with a wife and children.
(d) He is too tired by the end of the work day.
3. What is the cost for room and board at Jake's hotel in Burguete?
(a) Five pesetas, which Jake feels is reasonable
(b) Twelve pesetas, which Jake feels is too much
(c) Three pesetas, which is cheap
(d) Seven pesetas, but the wine is included
4. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Woolsey and Krum
(b) Brett and Georgette
(c) Cohn and Brett
(d) Braddocks and Cohn
5. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
(a) To a show
(b) To Jake's place
(c) Just driving around
(d) To Brett's place
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Count receive the wounds above his ribs?
2. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
3. There are seven cars on the train full of Catholic Americans from Dayton, Ohio. Where are they headed?
4. Where does Brett tell Jake she is going?
5. What is the weather like when Jake and Bill arrive in Burguete?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)