|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jake watches Brett walk up the street from his flat and get into the Count's limousine, what is he thinking?
(a) He wonders what it would be like if he was able to have a normal relationship with Brett.
(b) He thinks that he should be getting back to bed.
(c) He thinks that he should have gone with Brett when she offered to bring him to Zelli's.
(d) He thinks that it is easy to be brave and ignore things in the daytime, but at night, all the worries and heartache returns.
2. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
(a) Brett Ashley
(d) Robert Cohn
3. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
(a) Pamplona's walls lead up to the town which has only a bull ring in its center.
(b) The walls of Pamplona rise out of the plain, then a brown cathedral and other churches. The mountains are all around.
(c) Pamplona is on top of a high mountain with small huts around the perimeter.
(d) Pamplona is obscured by forests on a flat piece of land.
4. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(b) Horse racers
(c) African safari hunters
5. What does Robert Cohn do when he finds Brett and Pedro Romero in bed together?
(a) He slaps Brett and drags her out the door.
(b) He runs out the door crying.
(c) He gives Romero a brutal beating.
(d) He screams that he never wants to see Brett again.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jake go after he leaves the archivist's office?
2. What gifts does Wilson-Harris give to Jake and Bill when they leave for Pamplona?
3. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
4. What is the reason Brett tells Jake she is a goner?
5. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)