|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake feel after the fiesta and the bull fighting?
2. What is Harvey's opinion of Robert Cohn?
(a) He is a wonderful novelist.
(b) He is a witty, humorous man.
(c) He is a trustworthy friend.
(d) He is a moron.
3. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He had too much to drink.
(b) He is afraid of catching something from her.
(c) He was hurt in the war.
(d) He has a girlfriend.
4. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
(a) Aloysius Kirby
(b) Robert Cohn
(c) Marshal Ney
(d) Count Mippipopolous
5. Bill lectures Jake about being an expatriate. What does he say has ruined Jake?
(a) Too little caffeine
(b) Not enough reading
(c) Not enough exercise
(d) Fake European standards
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
2. Why were workmen putting up gate-posts that shut off the side streets in Pamplona?
3. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
4. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
5. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)