|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake feel about Robert Cohn after Brett does not show up on the train?
(a) He thinks Cohn is a good friend and has a pleasant attitude.
(b) He lets bygones be bygones and forgives Cohn for going to San Sebastian with Brett.
(c) He sympathizes with Cohn's disappointment when Brett doesn't show up.
(d) Jake is unforgiving and jealous of Cohn. He hates him and wants to hurt him.
2. What are Jake and Bill Gorton planning to do during their trip to Spain?
(a) Do some fishing and go to the festival in Pamplona
(b) See an opera and do some fishing
(c) Visit the vineyards in Pamplona
(d) Tour the Basque country and relax in Barcelona
3. Jake says that the first meal in Spain is "always a shock". What does the meal consist of?
(a) Hors d'oeuvres, an egg course, two meat courses, vegetables, salad, dessert and fruit with wine to wash it down
(b) Spicy beans with hot sauce, spicy vegetables, dried beef
(c) Poached eggs with cheese sauce, spicy beans, hot vegetable stew
(d) Rolled olive leaves, smoked fish, and spicy vegetables
4. What meal is served to Jake and Bill their first night in the hotel?
(a) Vegetable soup, fried trout, stew, strawberries and wine
(b) Roast chicken, grapes, boiled vegetables, and wine
(c) Fried steak, olives, grapes, wine
(d) Salad, eggs, olives, hot rum
5. What does Bill tell Jake he should be the minute he gets up in the morning?
(a) Comical and nonchalant
(b) Adamant and angry
(c) Serious and ready to work
(d) Ironical and full of pity
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Brett say she is going to marry Michael?
2. What is it called when the bulls are let into the corral with the steers?
3. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
4. What is Jake's philosophy that everything that is good has to be paid for?
5. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)