|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
(a) Pamplona's walls lead up to the town which has only a bull ring in its center.
(b) Pamplona is on top of a high mountain with small huts around the perimeter.
(c) The walls of Pamplona rise out of the plain, then a brown cathedral and other churches. The mountains are all around.
(d) Pamplona is obscured by forests on a flat piece of land.
2. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
(a) They say it is better than getting killed.
(b) They tell him it is not important and he shouldn't worry about it.
(c) They tell him he is lucky; it could have been worse.
(d) They tell him not to think about it.
3. What words does Mike repeat to describe Brett to Jake and Bill?
(a) A lovely rose
(b) A raving beauty
(c) A lovely piece
(d) A bountiful beauty
4. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
(a) To give room to six mules pulling a heavily loaded freight wagon
(b) To make room for the wild goats on the hillside
(c) To give room to pilgrims passing on the road
(d) So everyone could get a good view of the countryside
5. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
(b) He is sick of Paris.
(c) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
(d) He considers Paris his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
2. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
3. What does the bull fight critic say about Pedro Romero's performance in the ring when Jake is having a drink with them?
4. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
5. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)