|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Count boasts that he has been around. Where has he been?
(a) He has been all over Europe.
(b) He has traveled across America.
(c) He has sailed around the world.
(d) He has been in seven wars and four revolutions.
2. How does Jake feel about Robert Cohn after Brett does not show up on the train?
(a) He lets bygones be bygones and forgives Cohn for going to San Sebastian with Brett.
(b) Jake is unforgiving and jealous of Cohn. He hates him and wants to hurt him.
(c) He sympathizes with Cohn's disappointment when Brett doesn't show up.
(d) He thinks Cohn is a good friend and has a pleasant attitude.
3. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
(a) He hopes it will lead to a more intimate time later in the evening.
(b) He thinks it would be nice to eat with someone.
(c) He thinks she looks down and out and could use a good meal.
(d) He feels sorry for her and hopes to talk her into a different lifestyle.
4. Why do all the passengers sit on top of the bus before it leaves for Baguete?
(a) It is too smelly inside the bus.
(b) It is such a hot day; they sit on top of the bus and fan themselves.
(c) To get a better view of the town
(d) The inside of the bus is full of packages.
5. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
(a) He reads papers and falls asleep.
(b) He looks out the window at the Paris streets.
(c) He stuffs manila envelopes for Jake.
(d) He helps Jake sort out carbons.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mike feel about missing the fight and staying with Brett for the evening?
2. Jake, Bill and their traveling companions in the train compartment talk about fishing trips. What comment does the American wife make about men?
3. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
4. What does Jake do to pass the time while Brett and Robert Cohn are out of town?
5. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)