|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
(a) He asks if the next time, the Catholics can be the last to be served.
(b) He wants to know when the Protestants get to eat and it makes him want to join the Klan.
(c) He inquires about the quality of the food and if there is any left.
(d) He asks if all the Catholics enjoyed making everyone else on the train wait for lunch.
2. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
(a) That they see other people
(b) That they avoid each other
(c) That they live together
(d) That they get married
3. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
(a) Pamplona's walls lead up to the town which has only a bull ring in its center.
(b) Pamplona is obscured by forests on a flat piece of land.
(c) Pamplona is on top of a high mountain with small huts around the perimeter.
(d) The walls of Pamplona rise out of the plain, then a brown cathedral and other churches. The mountains are all around.
4. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
(a) Spider Kelly and Braddocks
(b) Jake and Spider Kelly
(c) Spider Kelly and Frances
(d) Braddocks and Jake
5. Why does the concierge of Jake's flat changer her opinion of Brett?
(a) She discovers that Brett is rude, crude, and ignorant.
(b) She sees that Brett is very nice, of a good family and very gentile.
(c) She sees that Brett is a shrew who should be avoided.
(d) She sees that Brett is from a low class family, penniless and a fortune hunter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mood of Jake, Brett, and Cohn on the day before the fiesta?
2. What is Brett's formal title?
3. Jake, Bill and their traveling companions in the train compartment talk about fishing trips. What comment does the American wife make about men?
4. When Jake and Bill try to get tickets for the first lunch service on the train, what does the conductor tell them?
5. Bill Gorton says that Vienna "is a strange city". What city does he compare it to?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)