|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the religious festival celebrated on July 6?
(a) San Fermin
(b) San Riau
(c) San Sombra
(d) San Pamplona
2. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
(a) He says that he can't seem to get started on his second book and he is worried.
(b) He says that he has decided not to write anymore.
(c) He says that all is going well and he is half way through his second book.
(d) He says that his writing is speeding along and he is on the final chapter.
3. What part of the countryside did Jake's bus travel after stopping at the posada to drop off packages?
(a) Through farming country with rocky hills
(b) Through a soot covered mill town
(c) Through the crowded city streets
(d) Through rough, rocky plains
4. Who arrives at Jake's flat after he finishes showering?
(a) Robert Cohn and Harvey Stone
(b) Brett and Harvey Stone
(c) Brett and Robert Cohn
(d) Brett and Count Mippipopolous
5. When Jake and Bill try to get tickets for the first lunch service on the train, what does the conductor tell them?
(a) They are all reserved. There is nothing available until the fifth at three-thirty.
(b) They can have tickets to the second serving.
(c) They are all reserved but he will find them a spot for ten francs.
(d) He gives them tickets and tells them to enjoy the ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bill and Jake sit down to eat lunch after fishing and have an amusing conversation about the different men they went to college with. Which men do they mention?
2. Where does Brett tell Jake she is going?
3. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
4. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
5. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)