|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
2. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
(a) He hopes it will lead to a more intimate time later in the evening.
(b) He thinks it would be nice to eat with someone.
(c) He feels sorry for her and hopes to talk her into a different lifestyle.
(d) He thinks she looks down and out and could use a good meal.
3. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
(a) Señor Gayarra
(b) Pedro Romero
(c) Pedro Iruna
(d) Jose Fermin
4. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
(a) Spider Kelly and Braddocks
(b) Jake and Spider Kelly
(c) Braddocks and Jake
(d) Spider Kelly and Frances
5. How did Robert Cohn spend his time while in Europe with Frances?
(a) He writes a novel, reads books, plays bridge, plays tennis and boxes.
(b) He takes up painting and sculpture.
(c) He starts a new arts magazine, and wines and dines Frances.
(d) He goes back to school and studies law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were workmen putting up gate-posts that shut off the side streets in Pamplona?
2. In a letter to Jake, what does Cohn tell Jake he has been doing in Hendaye?
3. Where does Jake think Robert Cohn gets his dislike of Paris?
4. Bill and Jake sit down to eat lunch after fishing and have an amusing conversation about the different men they went to college with. Which men do they mention?
5. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)