|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) He considers Paris his home.
(b) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
(c) He is sick of Paris.
(d) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
2. Where do Jake and Bill decide to go after eating at Madame Lecomte's?
(a) To the Select to see Brett and Mike Campbell
(b) Take a horse-cab around the city
(c) To Robert Cohn's
(d) Back to Jake's flat
3. What is Cohn's response when Bill suggests that he not look at the horses when the bull gores them?
(a) Cohn tells Bill to mind his own business.
(b) Cohn says that he is only worried that he will be bored.
(c) Cohn is afraid he will not be able to look at the dying horses.
(d) Cohn is worried he might faint at the sight of the horse's blood.
4. The Count boasts that he has been around. Where has he been?
(a) He has traveled across America.
(b) He has been all over Europe.
(c) He has been in seven wars and four revolutions.
(d) He has sailed around the world.
5. What part of the countryside did Jake's bus travel after stopping at the posada to drop off packages?
(a) Through a soot covered mill town
(b) Through the crowded city streets
(c) Through rough, rocky plains
(d) Through farming country with rocky hills
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
2. Why doesn't Cohn want Jake talking about meeting the American girl in Strasbourg?
3. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
4. Jake feels he did not give an accurate picture of Robert Cohn. What does he add to his description of Cohn?
5. Why does Jake give Harvey some money?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)