|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
(a) He blames his attitude on his war injury.
(b) He explains that he has a nasty tongue but he doesn't mean what he says.
(c) He says that he is only telling the truth.
(d) He says that he had a rough night and isn't thinking straight.
2. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
(a) He thinks love is for the birds.
(b) He believes love if not what the poets says it is.
(c) He thinks love is
(d) He says that being in love is fun and an enjoyable feeling.
3. What are Jake and Bill Gorton planning to do during their trip to Spain?
(a) See an opera and do some fishing
(b) Tour the Basque country and relax in Barcelona
(c) Do some fishing and go to the festival in Pamplona
(d) Visit the vineyards in Pamplona
4. What news does Frances Clyne reveal to Jake when she asks him to go with her to the Dome?
(a) She wants Jake to arrange a surprise bachelor party for Cohn.
(b) She tells Jake that she doesn't want Jake in the wedding.
(c) She tells Jake that Cohn does not want to marry her anymore and that he hasn't lived enough.
(d) She informs Jake that Cohn wants Jake to be his best man for their wedding.
5. What does Bill tell Jake the secret to success is?
(a) Write the great American novel
(b) Try to stop injustice
(c) Invest wisely
(d) Never be daunted
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
2. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
3. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
4. Who do Jake and Bill share their train compartment with?
5. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)