|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does dinner with Brett, Mike, Cohn, and Bill remind Jake of dinners during the war?
(a) There is camaraderie between friends.
(b) There is wine, ignored tension, and foreboding of what is to come.
(c) There is a feeling that it will be their last dinner together.
(d) There are arguments, hurt feelings, and fear.
2. What is the financial status of Robert Cohn's parents who reside in New York?
(a) They are unemployed with a bleak future.
(b) They are low income, struggling to survive.
(c) They are one of the richest Jewish, New York families.
(d) They are middle class working people.
3. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
(a) He says that he has decided not to write anymore.
(b) He says that he can't seem to get started on his second book and he is worried.
(c) He says that his writing is speeding along and he is on the final chapter.
(d) He says that all is going well and he is half way through his second book.
4. While on the bus, Bill and Jake have a conversation with an old man who says that he lived in America forty years ago. Why did he return to Spain?
(a) He was broke.
(b) He missed his homeland.
(c) To get married
(d) To attend his mother's funeral
5. How is Robert Cohn feeling while he and Jake wait for Brett's train to arrive?
(a) He is relaxed and pleasant.
(b) He is extremely nervous and eager.
(c) He is nonchalant.
(d) He is feverish and shaky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Bill Gorton during his stay in Vienna?
2. How long does the fiesta last?
3. What does Cohn decide when Brett sends him a letter saying he doesn't have to go on the trip to Spain with them?
4. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
5. Bill and Jake sit down to eat lunch after fishing and have an amusing conversation about the different men they went to college with. Which men do they mention?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)