|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
(b) In love
2. What is Cohn's response when Bill suggests that he not look at the horses when the bull gores them?
(a) Cohn says that he is only worried that he will be bored.
(b) Cohn tells Bill to mind his own business.
(c) Cohn is worried he might faint at the sight of the horse's blood.
(d) Cohn is afraid he will not be able to look at the dying horses.
3. What does Bill tell Jake the secret to success is?
(a) Write the great American novel
(b) Try to stop injustice
(c) Never be daunted
(d) Invest wisely
4. As Jake lies in bed, what does he start thinking about that keeps him from sleeping?
(a) He thinks about the war injury he received in Italy and about what might have happened to the other men who were with him in the hospital.
(b) He thinks about going on a trip to the bull-fights.
(c) He thinks about all the work he has to do the next day and if he will meet his deadlines.
(d) He thinks about Robert Cohn and South America.
5. Why do all the passengers sit on top of the bus before it leaves for Baguete?
(a) The inside of the bus is full of packages.
(b) It is such a hot day; they sit on top of the bus and fan themselves.
(c) It is too smelly inside the bus.
(d) To get a better view of the town
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
2. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
3. Bill Gorton says that Vienna "is a strange city". What city does he compare it to?
4. When does Brett say she is going to marry Michael?
5. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)