|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
(a) How to become a magnet for wealth and success
(b) The financial and personal success of an entrepreneur in Europe
(c) The religious rebirth of an American boxer
(d) The imaginary, amorous adventures of an Englishman in a romantic land
2. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
(a) He says that he doesn't want it to happen to him.
(b) He says that he has to go to South America. He just has to.
(c) He says that he can't do it. Nothing will make him do it.
(d) He says that his life is passing him by. He's losing his way.
3. Where do Jake and Bill decide to go after eating at Madame Lecomte's?
(a) To Robert Cohn's
(b) Take a horse-cab around the city
(c) To the Select to see Brett and Mike Campbell
(d) Back to Jake's flat
4. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
(a) He threatens Jake and tells him to watch his tongue.
(b) He tells Jake that he is the best friend he has.
(c) He tells Jake that he doesn't want to see him again.
(d) He insults Jake, saying that he is not worth the trouble.
5. What is Brett's formal title?
(a) Lady Ashley
(b) Duchess Ashley
(c) Mon Cherie Brett
(d) Countess Ashley
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
2. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
3. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
4. What meal is served to Jake and Bill their first night in the hotel?
5. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)