|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bull fight critic say about Pedro Romero's performance in the ring when Jake is having a drink with them?
(a) He says that Romero is the best fighter he has ever seen.
(b) He says that Romero is just an amateur.
(c) He says that Romero's work is good but incomplete.
(d) He says that Romero should find another line of work.
2. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
(a) He says that all is going well and he is half way through his second book.
(b) He says that he has decided not to write anymore.
(c) He says that he can't seem to get started on his second book and he is worried.
(d) He says that his writing is speeding along and he is on the final chapter.
3. What is Cohn's response when Bill suggests that he not look at the horses when the bull gores them?
(a) Cohn says that he is only worried that he will be bored.
(b) Cohn is afraid he will not be able to look at the dying horses.
(c) Cohn tells Bill to mind his own business.
(d) Cohn is worried he might faint at the sight of the horse's blood.
4. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
(a) To a show
(b) To Brett's place
(c) To Jake's place
(d) Just driving around
5. Why does Frances tell Robert not to have scenes with his young ladies?
(a) He will upset the ladies so much, they will cry.
(b) He will cry and not be able to remember what was said.
(c) He will turn his readers against him.
(d) He will be seen as a hard-hearted writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jake's reply when Cohn asks him if he is worried about his life passing him by?
2. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
3. What is Brett's reaction when Jake kisses her in the taxi?
4. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
5. What advice does Bill give Jake about dreaming after they wake up from their afternoon nap?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)