|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Jake and Bill share their train compartment with?
(a) An American man, his wife, and their young son
(b) Two soldiers from America
(c) Two single women traveling alone
(d) Count Mippipopolous
2. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
(a) It has no effect on the mood.
(b) It lifts their spirits, but then drops the mood just as quickly.
(c) It sustains an uplifted mood all night.
(d) It puts the person into a major depression.
3. What did a Basque offer to Jake and Bill as they waited in the heat for the bus to leave for Burguete?
(a) Raw meat wrapped in grape leaves
(b) A drink from a big leather wine bag
(c) Fruit from a wicker basket
(d) Goat's milk
4. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
(a) Pedro Iruna
(b) Pedro Romero
(c) Jose Fermin
(d) Señor Gayarra
5. What is the weather like when Jake and Bill arrive in Burguete?
(a) Rainy and windy
(b) Hot and sunny
(c) Very cold
(d) Humid and stifling
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
2. Why were workmen putting up gate-posts that shut off the side streets in Pamplona?
3. What did it mean when the Basque said "Arriba" to Bill and Jake?
4. How long does the fiesta last?
5. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)