|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
(a) To give room to pilgrims passing on the road
(b) To make room for the wild goats on the hillside
(c) So everyone could get a good view of the countryside
(d) To give room to six mules pulling a heavily loaded freight wagon
2. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
(a) Spider Kelly and Frances
(b) Jake and Spider Kelly
(c) Spider Kelly and Braddocks
(d) Braddocks and Jake
3. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
(a) He teaches a literary class at Princeton.
(b) He wants to see his children.
(c) He goes to visit his mother.
(d) His novel is accepted at a publishing company in America.
4. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
(a) Traveling is a great way to get away from your problems.
(b) Live your life now because you will be dead in thirty years.
(c) You can't get away from yourself by traveling from place to place.
(d) Don't waste your life staying in one place.
5. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
(a) Cohn kicks him under the table.
(b) Frances kicks him under the table.
(c) Frances throws water in his face.
(d) Jake spills hot coffee in his lap.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jake and Bill decide to go after eating at Madame Lecomte's?
2. Why doesn't Jake eat at Madame Lecomte's restaurant very often?
3. How does Pedro Romero's bull fighting invoke emotion in the crowd?
4. What is morality, according to Jake?
5. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)