|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake react when Brett tells him she was in San Sebastian with Cohn?
(a) He is nasty and sarcastic.
(b) His eyes tear up and his lip trembles.
(c) He is indifferent to the whole situation.
(d) He tells Brett she cannot go to Pamplona.
2. Why were workmen putting up gate-posts that shut off the side streets in Pamplona?
(a) To prevent the bulls from running down the side streets when they were released into the street the next morning.
(b) To make a place for tying the spectator's horses during the bull fight
(c) So the women could hang flowers from the posts for the fiesta
(d) For the fiesta parade the next day
3. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
(a) Going to see bull-fighters will spice up his life and getting married is necessary for a man.
(b) Everyone needs many children and live through your children.
(c) Dating many women is the thing to do and writing a novel is fulfilling.
(d) South America will help him live life and he doesn't like Paris.
4. How does Mike feel about missing the fight and staying with Brett for the evening?
(a) He's angry.
(b) He's disappointed but tries not to show it.
(c) He resigns himself to the fact that he will miss the fight.
(d) He's very excited.
5. Where does Jake go after he leaves the archivist's office?
(a) He walks back to the Hotel Montoya and takes a nap.
(b) He goes to the barber and takes a bath.
(c) He walks to the bull-fighting arena, sits in the stands and thinks.
(d) He walks to the cathedral, goes inside and prays.
Short Answer Questions
1. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
2. Why does Frances tell Robert not to have scenes with his young ladies?
3. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
4. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
5. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)