|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does Mike repeat to describe Brett to Jake and Bill?
(a) A lovely piece
(b) A bountiful beauty
(c) A raving beauty
(d) A lovely rose
2. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
(a) Marshal Ney
(b) Count Mippipopolous
(c) Aloysius Kirby
(d) Robert Cohn
3. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
(a) The Princeton Review
(b) The Fine Arts and Music Magazine
(c) Review of the Arts
(d) The California Coastline
4. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
(a) He blames his attitude on his war injury.
(b) He says that he is only telling the truth.
(c) He says that he had a rough night and isn't thinking straight.
(d) He explains that he has a nasty tongue but he doesn't mean what he says.
5. What is it called when the bulls are let into the corral with the steers?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
2. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
3. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
4. Did Jake and Bill have any luck fishing after their long hike into the valley of the Rio de la Fabrica?
5. What does Cohn decide when Brett sends him a letter saying he doesn't have to go on the trip to Spain with them?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)