|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
(a) He teaches a literary class at Princeton.
(b) He goes to visit his mother.
(c) He wants to see his children.
(d) His novel is accepted at a publishing company in America.
2. What does Bill tell Jake the secret to success is?
(a) Try to stop injustice
(b) Never be daunted
(c) Write the great American novel
(d) Invest wisely
3. What is morality, according to Jake?
(a) Helping your neighbor
(b) Being kind to one another
(c) Things that make you disgusted.
(d) What they teach in church.
4. How does dinner with Brett, Mike, Cohn, and Bill remind Jake of dinners during the war?
(a) There is camaraderie between friends.
(b) There are arguments, hurt feelings, and fear.
(c) There is a feeling that it will be their last dinner together.
(d) There is wine, ignored tension, and foreboding of what is to come.
5. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
(a) She's nice and her name is Lady Ashley. She is getting a divorce, so she can marry someone named Mike Campbell.
(b) She will hurt you if you try to get close.
(c) She is not worth the time of day. Stay away from her.
(d) He doesn't have anything to say about her. He doesn't want to discuss it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jake and Bill decide to go after eating at Madame Lecomte's?
2. What does the bull fight critic say about Pedro Romero's performance in the ring when Jake is having a drink with them?
3. What does Cohn decide when Brett sends him a letter saying he doesn't have to go on the trip to Spain with them?
4. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
5. How does Mike compare Cohn to a steer?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)