|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
(a) Review of the Arts
(b) The Princeton Review
(c) The California Coastline
(d) The Fine Arts and Music Magazine
2. What is Mike assigned to bring to Pamplona?
(a) Extra money for playing bridge
(b) Extra money for the nightlife
(c) A case of wine
(d) Two rods with reels, lines and flies
3. What does Brett say about Cohn after she tells him that she and Jake want to be alone?
(a) She says that she is going away with Cohn for good.
(b) She says that she is very fond of him and that it could lead to something more.
(c) She says that she is sick of him and he has behaved very badly.
(d) She says that she is leaving Mike for Cohn.
4. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
(a) He goes to visit his mother.
(b) His novel is accepted at a publishing company in America.
(c) He teaches a literary class at Princeton.
(d) He wants to see his children.
5. Bill and Jake sit down to eat lunch after fishing and have an amusing conversation about the different men they went to college with. Which men do they mention?
(a) Bryan, Mencken, Frankie Fritsch, Bishop Manning, and Wayne Wheeler
(b) Henry James, Abraham Lincoln, Grant, and Keats
(c) Bishop Manning, Henry James, Fitzgerald, and Roosevelt
(d) Harris, Henry Ford, Roosevelt, and Wheeler
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
2. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
3. As Jake lies in bed, what does he start thinking about that keeps him from sleeping?
4. What is the weather like when Jake and Bill arrive in Burguete?
5. What is the view Jake and Bill have from the train as they pass through Landes?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)