|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
(a) Brett adds up the number of brandies she drinks when she goes out.
(b) Brett likes to hang all her dresses in color coordinated order.
(c) Brett adds up the number of shoes she owns, buying a new pair every week.
(d) Brett enjoys it when more and more men become infatuated with her.
2. What are the two pieces of mail that Jakes picks up from the concierge when he returns to his flat?
(a) A bank statement and a wedding invitation
(b) A college commencement invitation and a letter from Brett
(c) A postcard from an army buddy and a letter from his sister
(d) A letter from his brother in America and a bank statement
3. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
(a) She is miserable and says she will not see Jake again.
(b) She is indifferent to Jake.
(c) She is happy and looking forward to her wedding to Michael.
(d) She is excited about leaving Jake and getting on with her life.
4. What is Jake's reply when Cohn asks him if he is worried about his life passing him by?
(a) Jake says that sometimes it bothers him.
(b) Jake says that he is worried and depressed.
(c) Jake says that he is always worried about it.
(d) Jake says that he is through with worrying.
5. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
(a) Hotel Montoya
(b) Hotel Basque
(c) Hotel Torino
(d) Hotel Bayonne
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
2. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
3. There are seven cars on the train full of Catholic Americans from Dayton, Ohio. Where are they headed?
4. Why were workmen putting up gate-posts that shut off the side streets in Pamplona?
5. As Jake watches Brett walk up the street from his flat and get into the Count's limousine, what is he thinking?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)