|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake meets Brett and Mike at the Dingo and Mike is a bit drunk. What does Mike ask Jake at the time?
(a) He asks if Jake is still in love with Brett.
(b) He asks if Cohn is in love with Brett.
(c) He asks if he said anything embarrassing the night before.
(d) He asks if he and Brett can go to Pamplona with Jake and Bill.
2. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
(a) She is afraid to travel.
(b) She wouldn't like South America. She likes to be around a lot of people.
(c) She thinks South America is the wilderness.
(d) She doesn't like foreign countries.
3. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
(a) To the dance club, bal musette
(b) To Foyot's
(c) To the Louvre
(d) A walk along the Seinne
4. What do Bill and Cohn make a bet over while eating at the Hotel Montoya?
(a) Bill bets Cohn fifty pesetas that Brett and Mike arrive that evening. Cohen says that they won't come.
(b) Cohn bets Bill that he will not last to the end of the brutal bull fights.
(c) Cohn bets Bill that he will not be able to finish all the courses of the Spanish meal.
(d) Cohn bets Bill one hundred pesetas that Brett and Mike will show up the next day.
5. How does Jake react when Brett tells him she was in San Sebastian with Cohn?
(a) He is indifferent to the whole situation.
(b) He is nasty and sarcastic.
(c) He tells Brett she cannot go to Pamplona.
(d) His eyes tear up and his lip trembles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Bill give Jake about dreaming after they wake up from their afternoon nap?
2. How does dinner with Brett, Mike, Cohn, and Bill remind Jake of dinners during the war?
3. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
4. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
5. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)