|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Frances continues her tirade against Cohn, what does she think is the real reason why he won't marry her?
(a) He feels he is not good enough for her.
(b) He wouldn't be able to hang out in the cafes as much.
(c) His children would be hurt by the marriage.
(d) It would be romantic to say that he had a mistress for two years.
2. Why is Frances saying terrible, sarcastic comments to Cohn in front of Jake at the café?
(a) Frances is annoyed that Cohn will not let her go to England to visit friends.
(b) Frances feels Cohn is too possessive of her.
(c) Frances resents the fact that Cohn gave her 200 pounds to go back to England and stay with friends.
(d) Frances is angry that Cohn made most of the wedding plans without her.
3. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
(a) He asks if the next time, the Catholics can be the last to be served.
(b) He asks if all the Catholics enjoyed making everyone else on the train wait for lunch.
(c) He wants to know when the Protestants get to eat and it makes him want to join the Klan.
(d) He inquires about the quality of the food and if there is any left.
4. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
(a) He says that he has to go to South America. He just has to.
(b) He says that he can't do it. Nothing will make him do it.
(c) He says that his life is passing him by. He's losing his way.
(d) He says that he doesn't want it to happen to him.
5. Why doesn't Jake eat at Madame Lecomte's restaurant very often?
(a) He prefers eating at home.
(b) He had an argument with the owner.
(c) Too many of his fellow Americans go there
(d) He doesn't care for the menu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the concierge of Jake's flat changer her opinion of Brett?
2. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
3. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
4. What does Brett say she did while in San Sebastian?
5. Where do the Count, Brett, and Jake go after they finish dinner in the restaurant?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)