|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has a cab waiting for Jake and Bill as they get off the train?
(a) Brett and Mike
(b) Harvey Stone
(c) Robert Cohn
2. Where do the Count, Brett, and Jake go after they finish dinner in the restaurant?
(a) They go for a tour of Paris in a horse-cab.
(b) They go dancing at Zelli's.
(c) They go for a stroll in the park.
(d) They go to the Count's hotel room for champagne.
3. Why does Jake give Harvey some money?
(a) Harvey has been threatened by debt collectors.
(b) Jake wants him to use the money to find a flat.
(c) Jake wants Harvey to place a bet for him with his bookie.
(d) Harvey hasn't eaten in five days, wants to be alone and doesn't care if he eats.
4. What does Jake do to pass the time while he waits for Brett to meet him at the Hotel Crillon?
(a) He works on an article he is writing for the paper.
(b) He writes letters on the hotel stationary.
(c) He reads the Bible in the lounge.
(d) He has a glass of wine and watches people passing by.
5. Where was the Count when he received his wounds?
(a) On a business trip
(b) Fighting in a revolution
(c) In the Italian front
(d) On a naval ship
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Brett want Jake to touch her?
2. As Frances continues her tirade against Cohn, what does she think is the real reason why he won't marry her?
3. What does Bill reveal to Jake after they finish bantering about Henry's bicycle?
4. What did a Basque offer to Jake and Bill as they waited in the heat for the bus to leave for Burguete?
5. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)