|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bill reveal to Jake after they finish bantering about Henry's bicycle?
(a) He says that Jake needs to stop being such a whiner.
(b) He says that Jake is too sensitive.
(c) He says that Jake is a good guy and Bill is fonder of him than anyone else.
(d) He says that Jake is more annoying than anyone else he knows.
2. Where does Jake think Robert Cohn gets his dislike of Paris?
(a) From cultural discussions with Braddocks
(b) From Fances's bad attitude toward Paris
(c) From negative experiences he has had
(d) From the opinionated writings of Mencken
3. What is Brett's response when the Count asks her to go to Biarritz, Cannes, or Monte Carlo?
(a) She says that she cannot go because Cohn would be upset.
(b) She says that she would rather go to America with him.
(c) She says that she would be delighted to go to all those places.
(d) She says that she knows too many people everywhere and she is in love with Jake.
4. What does Bill tell Jake the secret to success is?
(a) Never be daunted
(b) Try to stop injustice
(c) Invest wisely
(d) Write the great American novel
5. What did a Basque offer to Jake and Bill as they waited in the heat for the bus to leave for Burguete?
(a) Goat's milk
(b) A drink from a big leather wine bag
(c) Fruit from a wicker basket
(d) Raw meat wrapped in grape leaves
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
2. How are the houses in Burguete arranged?
3. What does Bill tell Jake he should be the minute he gets up in the morning?
4. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
5. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)