|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
(b) Harvey Stone
(c) Robert Cohn
(d) Brett Ashley
2. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He was hurt in the war.
(b) He had too much to drink.
(c) He is afraid of catching something from her.
(d) He has a girlfriend.
3. In a letter to Jake, what does Cohn tell Jake he has been doing in Hendaye?
(a) Gambling and drinking
(b) Going on long walks and hunting
(c) Having a quiet time, bathing, golfing, and playing bridge
(d) Bicycling and boating
4. What does Jake read after putting on his pajamas and getting into bed?
(a) He reads the Paris daily newspaper.
(b) He reads
(c) He reads a few pages of a novel, hoping it will put him to sleep.
(d) He reads the New York Times which he has delivered to him from America.
5. What is the weather like when Jake and Bill arrive in Burguete?
(a) Rainy and windy
(b) Very cold
(c) Hot and sunny
(d) Humid and stifling
Short Answer Questions
1. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
2. Why is Frances saying terrible, sarcastic comments to Cohn in front of Jake at the café?
3. Did Jake and Bill have any luck fishing after their long hike into the valley of the Rio de la Fabrica?
4. Where does Brett tell Jake she is going?
5. What is Brett's formal title?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)