|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does Robert Cohn achieve while attending Princeton?
(a) Heavyweight boxing champion
(b) Princeton Review editor
(c) Middleweight boxing champion
(d) Rhodes Scholar
2. In a letter to Jake, what does Cohn tell Jake he has been doing in Hendaye?
(a) Bicycling and boating
(b) Gambling and drinking
(c) Going on long walks and hunting
(d) Having a quiet time, bathing, golfing, and playing bridge
3. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
(a) A dirty Spanish town, cluttered with litter
(b) A gloomy Spanish town with dark, unkempt streets
(c) A smelly Spanish town with a rancid river running through it
(d) A nice Spanish town, very clean, on a large river
4. What does Jake do to pass the time while Brett and Robert Cohn are out of town?
(a) He works, goes to the races, dines with friends and puts extra time in at the office.
(b) He drinks too much and pines over Brett.
(c) He mopes around, feeling sorry for himself.
(d) He begins writing his first novel.
5. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
(a) He marries the first girl who is nice to him.
(b) He falls into depression.
(c) He joins the army.
(d) He goes on an extended European trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
2. What are the two pieces of mail that Jakes picks up from the concierge when he returns to his flat?
3. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
4. Why doesn't Jake eat at Madame Lecomte's restaurant very often?
5. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)