|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mike feel about missing the fight and staying with Brett for the evening?
(a) He resigns himself to the fact that he will miss the fight.
(b) He's disappointed but tries not to show it.
(c) He's very excited.
(d) He's angry.
2. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
(a) To make room for the wild goats on the hillside
(b) To give room to pilgrims passing on the road
(c) To give room to six mules pulling a heavily loaded freight wagon
(d) So everyone could get a good view of the countryside
3. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
(a) The Spanish carabineers do not bother with the bags, but check the passport.
(b) The Spanish carabineers do a full body search on each traveler and check the passport.
(c) The Spanish carabineers empty every bag and check the passport.
(d) The Spanish carabineers open one bag and look at the passport.
4. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
(a) He first saw her in a café in Paris.
(b) He met her in a bar in America.
(c) They met while on a cruise to England.
(d) She was a V.A.D. in a hospital he was in during the war.
5. As Jake watches Brett walk up the street from his flat and get into the Count's limousine, what is he thinking?
(a) He wonders what it would be like if he was able to have a normal relationship with Brett.
(b) He thinks that he should have gone with Brett when she offered to bring him to Zelli's.
(c) He thinks that he should be getting back to bed.
(d) He thinks that it is easy to be brave and ignore things in the daytime, but at night, all the worries and heartache returns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the financial status of Robert Cohn's parents who reside in New York?
2. Why does the concierge of Jake's flat changer her opinion of Brett?
3. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
4. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
5. How is Robert Cohn feeling while he and Jake wait for Brett's train to arrive?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)