|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Frances say that Robert did to his secretary at Frances' request?
(a) He gave her an increase in pay.
(b) He got rid of her to please Frances.
(c) He mentioned her in his first novel.
(d) He promoted her to an editorial position.
2. Who arrives at Jake's flat after he finishes showering?
(a) Brett and Harvey Stone
(b) Robert Cohn and Harvey Stone
(c) Brett and Robert Cohn
(d) Brett and Count Mippipopolous
3. Who has a cab waiting for Jake and Bill as they get off the train?
(a) Robert Cohn
(b) Brett and Mike
(c) Harvey Stone
4. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) He is sick of Paris.
(b) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
(c) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
(d) He considers Paris his home.
5. As Jake lies in bed, what does he start thinking about that keeps him from sleeping?
(a) He thinks about the war injury he received in Italy and about what might have happened to the other men who were with him in the hospital.
(b) He thinks about going on a trip to the bull-fights.
(c) He thinks about Robert Cohn and South America.
(d) He thinks about all the work he has to do the next day and if he will meet his deadlines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mike assigned to bring to Pamplona?
2. Why is Frances saying terrible, sarcastic comments to Cohn in front of Jake at the café?
3. Where does Jake think Robert Cohn gets his dislike of Paris?
4. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
5. What does Jake read after putting on his pajamas and getting into bed?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)