|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mike feel about missing the fight and staying with Brett for the evening?
(a) He's very excited.
(b) He's angry.
(c) He's disappointed but tries not to show it.
(d) He resigns himself to the fact that he will miss the fight.
2. What excuses do Brett and Jake give when the Count suggests that they get married?
(a) They say that they want to live their own lives and have their careers.
(b) They say that they don't want to be tied down and are only friends.
(c) They say that they are incompatible and argue too much.
(d) They say that they are not the marrying kind and are not ready to settle down.
3. What is the condition of the countryside in the Basque country?
(a) Barren, forgettable countryside with small, dirty villages
(b) Dry, infertile land with small thatched huts scattered throughout
(c) The land is very rich and green with houses in good, clean condition.
(d) Overdeveloped land with many roads and vehicles
4. What is the financial status of Robert Cohn's parents who reside in New York?
(a) They are middle class working people.
(b) They are one of the richest Jewish, New York families.
(c) They are low income, struggling to survive.
(d) They are unemployed with a bleak future.
5. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Woolsey and Krum
(b) Braddocks and Cohn
(c) Cohn and Brett
(d) Brett and Georgette
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an aficionado?
2. What is the cost for room and board at Jake's hotel in Burguete?
3. When does Brett say she is going to marry Michael?
4. What is Brett's formal title?
5. What did Frances say that Robert did to his secretary at Frances' request?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)