|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
(a) He wishes he had stayed in bed.
(b) He feels it is a fine and pleasant morning.
(c) He walks down the street in a fog, not noticing the events around him.
(d) He is still distraught over Brett and skips breakfast.
2. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
(a) She is miserable and says she will not see Jake again.
(b) She is happy and looking forward to her wedding to Michael.
(c) She is excited about leaving Jake and getting on with her life.
(d) She is indifferent to Jake.
3. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
(a) To give room to six mules pulling a heavily loaded freight wagon
(b) To give room to pilgrims passing on the road
(c) To make room for the wild goats on the hillside
(d) So everyone could get a good view of the countryside
4. What do Jake, Bill and Cohn decide to do after Jake receives the telegram from Brett says she and Mike stopped in San Sebastian for the night?
(a) They decide to take the noon bus for Burguete.
(b) They decide to wait until the next day before they go to Burguete.
(c) They decide that Jake and Cohn will go on to Burgete, and Bill will wait for Brett.
(d) They decide to go to San Sebastian to meet Brett and Mike.
5. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
(c) A partnership in a new magazine
Short Answer Questions
1. There are seven cars on the train full of Catholic Americans from Dayton, Ohio. Where are they headed?
2. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
3. What does Jake ask himself as he leaves Frances and Cohn in the café?
4. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
5. What is Brett's formal title?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)