|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal is served to Jake and Bill their first night in the hotel?
(a) Roast chicken, grapes, boiled vegetables, and wine
(b) Salad, eggs, olives, hot rum
(c) Vegetable soup, fried trout, stew, strawberries and wine
(d) Fried steak, olives, grapes, wine
2. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
(a) To give room to pilgrims passing on the road
(b) To give room to six mules pulling a heavily loaded freight wagon
(c) So everyone could get a good view of the countryside
(d) To make room for the wild goats on the hillside
3. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(b) African safari hunters
(d) Horse racers
4. What gifts does Wilson-Harris give to Jake and Bill when they leave for Pamplona?
(a) He gives them each a new rod.
(b) He gives them each a bottle of wine.
(c) He gives them each a goatskin flask.
(d) He gives each of them an envelope with flies for fishing.
5. In a letter to Jake, what does Cohn tell Jake he has been doing in Hendaye?
(a) Going on long walks and hunting
(b) Gambling and drinking
(c) Having a quiet time, bathing, golfing, and playing bridge
(d) Bicycling and boating
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
2. What are the two pieces of mail that Jakes picks up from the concierge when he returns to his flat?
3. How is Robert Cohn feeling while he and Jake wait for Brett's train to arrive?
4. What does Jake read after putting on his pajamas and getting into bed?
5. Why doesn't Brett want Jake to touch her?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)