|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Robert Cohn feeling while he and Jake wait for Brett's train to arrive?
(a) He is feverish and shaky.
(b) He is extremely nervous and eager.
(c) He is relaxed and pleasant.
(d) He is nonchalant.
2. What does Bill tell Jake he should be the minute he gets up in the morning?
(a) Ironical and full of pity
(b) Adamant and angry
(c) Serious and ready to work
(d) Comical and nonchalant
3. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
(a) His novel is accepted at a publishing company in America.
(b) He goes to visit his mother.
(c) He teaches a literary class at Princeton.
(d) He wants to see his children.
4. What is Harvey's opinion of Robert Cohn?
(a) He is a trustworthy friend.
(b) He is a witty, humorous man.
(c) He is a wonderful novelist.
(d) He is a moron.
5. What is Brett's reaction when Jake kisses her in the taxi?
(a) She asks him to kiss her again.
(b) She acts pleasantly surprised.
(c) She pushes closer to Jake, putting her arms around him.
(d) She moves to the corner of the seat, far away from Jake and puts her head down.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
2. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
3. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
4. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
5. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)