|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Did Jake and Bill have any luck fishing after their long hike into the valley of the Rio de la Fabrica?
(a) They don't get any bites all morning.
(b) They each catch one trout.
(c) Jake catches six trout and Bill catches four.
(d) Jake catches six trout but Bill has no luck.
2. What happens to Bill Gorton during his stay in Vienna?
(a) Bill is mugged while drunk in Vienna.
(b) Bill has a wonderful trip full of pleasant memories.
(c) Bill wins a large sum of money betting on a prize-fight.
(d) Bill is drunk for four days in Vienna and doesn't remember much about the trip.
3. There are seven cars on the train full of Catholic Americans from Dayton, Ohio. Where are they headed?
(a) They are touring the basilicas in Spain.
(b) They are on a pilgrimage to Rome, Biarritz, and Lourdes.
(c) They are going to the bull-fights in Spain.
(d) They are planning a fishing trip.
4. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
(a) They say it is better than getting killed.
(b) They tell him he is lucky; it could have been worse.
(c) They tell him not to think about it.
(d) They tell him it is not important and he shouldn't worry about it.
5. How does Mike feel about missing the fight and staying with Brett for the evening?
(a) He's very excited.
(b) He resigns himself to the fact that he will miss the fight.
(c) He's angry.
(d) He's disappointed but tries not to show it.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on the bus, Bill and Jake have a conversation with an old man who says that he lived in America forty years ago. Why did he return to Spain?
2. Bill and Jake sit down to eat lunch after fishing and have an amusing conversation about the different men they went to college with. Which men do they mention?
3. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
4. What is Jake's reply when Cohn asks him if he is worried about his life passing him by?
5. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)