|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
(a) He has a cup of coffee and then decides to go home.
(b) He tries to concentrate on his typing, but can't hold a clear thought.
(c) He sits at his desk, wallowing in self-pity.
(d) He reads the French morning papers, smokes and sets to work on the typewriter.
2. Where do Jake and Bill decide to go after eating at Madame Lecomte's?
(a) To the Select to see Brett and Mike Campbell
(b) Back to Jake's flat
(c) To Robert Cohn's
(d) Take a horse-cab around the city
3. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
(a) They tell him he is lucky; it could have been worse.
(b) They tell him it is not important and he shouldn't worry about it.
(c) They tell him not to think about it.
(d) They say it is better than getting killed.
4. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
(a) He is afraid his life is moving too fast and he is not really living it.
(b) He wants to inquire into investing in coffee beans.
(c) He wants to research the area before taking Frances there.
(d) He wants to buy a vacation home there for Frances.
5. What gifts does Wilson-Harris give to Jake and Bill when they leave for Pamplona?
(a) He gives them each a new rod.
(b) He gives them each a goatskin flask.
(c) He gives each of them an envelope with flies for fishing.
(d) He gives them each a bottle of wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Jake and Bill have any luck fishing after their long hike into the valley of the Rio de la Fabrica?
2. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
3. What do Jake, Bill and Cohn decide to do after Jake receives the telegram from Brett says she and Mike stopped in San Sebastian for the night?
4. What is it called when the bulls are let into the corral with the steers?
5. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)