|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
(a) He says that he can't seem to get started on his second book and he is worried.
(b) He says that he has decided not to write anymore.
(c) He says that all is going well and he is half way through his second book.
(d) He says that his writing is speeding along and he is on the final chapter.
2. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
(a) Traveling is a great way to get away from your problems.
(b) Don't waste your life staying in one place.
(c) You can't get away from yourself by traveling from place to place.
(d) Live your life now because you will be dead in thirty years.
3. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
(a) He gets his nose flattened.
(b) He wins on a TKO.
(c) He breaks his hand.
(d) He is knocked out.
4. Jake feels he did not give an accurate picture of Robert Cohn. What does he add to his description of Cohn?
(a) Cohn insults other people constantly, looking for ways to start arguments.
(b) Cohn is a conceited, self-centered man who is a sore loser at tennis.
(c) Cohn is an excellent tennis player with a good, athletic body. He is nice to other people, cheerful and didn't get angry when beaten in tennis.
(d) Cohn is superficial, only caring about what he wears and how he looks.
5. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
(a) Jake is sick and tired of hearing about South America, telling Cohn to drop the subject.
(b) Cohn is angry that Jake insults Brett by saying she married someone she didn't love, twice. Jake also tells him to go to hell.
(c) Jake is furious when Cohn makes a joke about his war injury.
(d) Cohn is insulted when Jake tells him to leave Frances because she is no good for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
2. What is the financial status of Robert Cohn's parents who reside in New York?
3. What news does Frances Clyne reveal to Jake when she asks him to go with her to the Dome?
4. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
5. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)