|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake read after putting on his pajamas and getting into bed?
(a) He reads the New York Times which he has delivered to him from America.
(b) He reads
(c) He reads a few pages of a novel, hoping it will put him to sleep.
(d) He reads the Paris daily newspaper.
2. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
(a) He breaks his hand.
(b) He is knocked out.
(c) He gets his nose flattened.
(d) He wins on a TKO.
3. As Jake watches Brett walk up the street from his flat and get into the Count's limousine, what is he thinking?
(a) He thinks that he should be getting back to bed.
(b) He thinks that it is easy to be brave and ignore things in the daytime, but at night, all the worries and heartache returns.
(c) He thinks that he should have gone with Brett when she offered to bring him to Zelli's.
(d) He wonders what it would be like if he was able to have a normal relationship with Brett.
4. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
(a) It's hard getting out with a wife and children.
(b) He is too tired by the end of the work day.
(c) His budget won't allow him to go out much.
(d) He has to work nights.
5. What part of the countryside did Jake's bus travel after stopping at the posada to drop off packages?
(a) Through rough, rocky plains
(b) Through farming country with rocky hills
(c) Through the crowded city streets
(d) Through a soot covered mill town
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
2. How does Mike feel about missing the fight and staying with Brett for the evening?
3. What do Jake, Bill and Cohn decide to do after Jake receives the telegram from Brett says she and Mike stopped in San Sebastian for the night?
4. What is the weather like when Jake and Bill arrive in Burguete?
5. Who do Bill and Jake see in a taxi as they are walking down the street to a restaurant?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)