|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake feels he did not give an accurate picture of Robert Cohn. What does he add to his description of Cohn?
(a) Cohn is superficial, only caring about what he wears and how he looks.
(b) Cohn is a conceited, self-centered man who is a sore loser at tennis.
(c) Cohn insults other people constantly, looking for ways to start arguments.
(d) Cohn is an excellent tennis player with a good, athletic body. He is nice to other people, cheerful and didn't get angry when beaten in tennis.
2. What is Brett's reaction when Jake kisses her in the taxi?
(a) She asks him to kiss her again.
(b) She acts pleasantly surprised.
(c) She moves to the corner of the seat, far away from Jake and puts her head down.
(d) She pushes closer to Jake, putting her arms around him.
3. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
(a) That they live together
(b) That they avoid each other
(c) That they get married
(d) That they see other people
4. What does Cohn decide when Brett sends him a letter saying he doesn't have to go on the trip to Spain with them?
(a) He asks Jake to tell Brett not to go on the trip.
(b) He says that he would rather not go.
(c) He decides to go anyway.
(d) He refuses to answer her letter.
5. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
(a) He has a cup of coffee and then decides to go home.
(b) He sits at his desk, wallowing in self-pity.
(c) He reads the French morning papers, smokes and sets to work on the typewriter.
(d) He tries to concentrate on his typing, but can't hold a clear thought.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Jake and Bill share their train compartment with?
2. Why does the Count enjoy everything so much?
3. How does Jake feel about Robert Cohn after Brett does not show up on the train?
4. Why doesn't Cohn want Jake talking about meeting the American girl in Strasbourg?
5. How do Jake and Bill stay warm after they finish their evening meal?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)