|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
(a) Robert Cohn
(b) Marshal Ney
(c) Count Mippipopolous
(d) Aloysius Kirby
2. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
(a) His address
(b) A bottle of wine
(c) Fifty francs
(d) A brandy and soda
3. In a letter to Jake, what does Cohn tell Jake he has been doing in Hendaye?
(a) Having a quiet time, bathing, golfing, and playing bridge
(b) Going on long walks and hunting
(c) Gambling and drinking
(d) Bicycling and boating
4. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
(a) He says that he is only telling the truth.
(b) He blames his attitude on his war injury.
(c) He says that he had a rough night and isn't thinking straight.
(d) He explains that he has a nasty tongue but he doesn't mean what he says.
5. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
(a) Hotel Bayonne
(b) Hotel Basque
(c) Hotel Torino
(d) Hotel Montoya
Short Answer Questions
1. What meal is served to Jake and Bill their first night in the hotel?
2. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
3. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
4. Where do the Count, Brett, and Jake go after they finish dinner in the restaurant?
5. What is Mike assigned to bring to Pamplona?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)