|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are seven cars on the train full of Catholic Americans from Dayton, Ohio. Where are they headed?
(a) They are planning a fishing trip.
(b) They are going to the bull-fights in Spain.
(c) They are on a pilgrimage to Rome, Biarritz, and Lourdes.
(d) They are touring the basilicas in Spain.
2. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
3. Why doesn't Jake eat at Madame Lecomte's restaurant very often?
(a) Too many of his fellow Americans go there
(b) He had an argument with the owner.
(c) He prefers eating at home.
(d) He doesn't care for the menu.
4. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
(c) South America
5. In a letter to Jake, what does Cohn tell Jake he has been doing in Hendaye?
(a) Bicycling and boating
(b) Going on long walks and hunting
(c) Gambling and drinking
(d) Having a quiet time, bathing, golfing, and playing bridge
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
2. How did the Count receive the wounds above his ribs?
3. As Jake watches Brett walk up the street from his flat and get into the Count's limousine, what is he thinking?
4. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
5. What news does Frances Clyne reveal to Jake when she asks him to go with her to the Dome?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)