|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does Mike repeat to describe Brett to Jake and Bill?
(a) A bountiful beauty
(b) A lovely rose
(c) A lovely piece
(d) A raving beauty
2. What does Bill tell Jake the secret to success is?
(a) Try to stop injustice
(b) Never be daunted
(c) Invest wisely
(d) Write the great American novel
3. What does Jake do to pass the time while he waits for Brett to meet him at the Hotel Crillon?
(a) He works on an article he is writing for the paper.
(b) He writes letters on the hotel stationary.
(c) He reads the Bible in the lounge.
(d) He has a glass of wine and watches people passing by.
4. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
(a) He wants to inquire into investing in coffee beans.
(b) He wants to research the area before taking Frances there.
(c) He is afraid his life is moving too fast and he is not really living it.
(d) He wants to buy a vacation home there for Frances.
5. Where does Jake think Robert Cohn gets his dislike of Paris?
(a) From the opinionated writings of Mencken
(b) From negative experiences he has had
(c) From cultural discussions with Braddocks
(d) From Fances's bad attitude toward Paris
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jake and Bill try to get tickets for the first lunch service on the train, what does the conductor tell them?
2. Why does Jake give Harvey some money?
3. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
4. What news does Frances Clyne reveal to Jake when she asks him to go with her to the Dome?
5. Why does the concierge of Jake's flat changer her opinion of Brett?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)