|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
(a) He thinks she looks down and out and could use a good meal.
(b) He thinks it would be nice to eat with someone.
(c) He feels sorry for her and hopes to talk her into a different lifestyle.
(d) He hopes it will lead to a more intimate time later in the evening.
2. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
(a) He goes on an extended European trip.
(b) He marries the first girl who is nice to him.
(c) He falls into depression.
(d) He joins the army.
3. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
(a) That they live together
(b) That they get married
(c) That they see other people
(d) That they avoid each other
4. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
(b) South America
5. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
(a) Jake spills hot coffee in his lap.
(b) Frances throws water in his face.
(c) Frances kicks him under the table.
(d) Cohn kicks him under the table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
2. When does Brett say she is going to marry Michael?
3. Bill Gorton says that Vienna "is a strange city". What city does he compare it to?
4. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
5. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)