|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
(a) Cohn is eagerly looking at Lady Brett, hoping for a dance.
(b) Cohn is looking with adoration at his fiancée, Frances.
(c) Cohn is expectantly hoping for a night with Georgette.
(d) Cohn is in awe of the night life in Paris.
2. Where do Jake and Bill decide to go after eating at Madame Lecomte's?
(a) To Robert Cohn's
(b) To the Select to see Brett and Mike Campbell
(c) Take a horse-cab around the city
(d) Back to Jake's flat
3. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
(a) He asks if the next time, the Catholics can be the last to be served.
(b) He wants to know when the Protestants get to eat and it makes him want to join the Klan.
(c) He asks if all the Catholics enjoyed making everyone else on the train wait for lunch.
(d) He inquires about the quality of the food and if there is any left.
4. Bill Gorton says that Vienna "is a strange city". What city does he compare it to?
(d) New York
5. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
(a) They tell him it is not important and he shouldn't worry about it.
(b) They tell him not to think about it.
(c) They say it is better than getting killed.
(d) They tell him he is lucky; it could have been worse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
2. Where was the Count when he received his wounds?
3. Who arrives at Jake's flat after he finishes showering?
4. What happens to Bill Gorton during his stay in Vienna?
5. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)