|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
(a) Review of the Arts
(b) The Princeton Review
(c) The California Coastline
(d) The Fine Arts and Music Magazine
2. Why doesn't Brett want Jake to touch her?
(a) She is not feeling well.
(b) She loves someone else.
(c) She loves him and can't stand that they are unable to do anything about it.
(d) She has no feelings for him.
3. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
(b) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
(c) He is sick of Paris.
(d) He considers Paris his home.
4. What did Frances say that Robert did to his secretary at Frances' request?
(a) He gave her an increase in pay.
(b) He got rid of her to please Frances.
(c) He promoted her to an editorial position.
(d) He mentioned her in his first novel.
5. Who do Jake and Bill share their train compartment with?
(a) Count Mippipopolous
(b) An American man, his wife, and their young son
(c) Two single women traveling alone
(d) Two soldiers from America
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Jake and Bill Gorton planning to do during their trip to Spain?
2. What is Mike assigned to bring to Pamplona?
3. What happens to Bill Gorton during his stay in Vienna?
4. Why does the concierge of Jake's flat changer her opinion of Brett?
5. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)