|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
(b) Brett Ashley
(d) Robert Cohn
2. How did the Count receive the wounds above his ribs?
3. Why is Frances saying terrible, sarcastic comments to Cohn in front of Jake at the café?
(a) Frances feels Cohn is too possessive of her.
(b) Frances is annoyed that Cohn will not let her go to England to visit friends.
(c) Frances is angry that Cohn made most of the wedding plans without her.
(d) Frances resents the fact that Cohn gave her 200 pounds to go back to England and stay with friends.
4. What is the view Jake and Bill have from the train as they pass through Landes?
(a) They see bustling cities with sidewalks full of people.
(b) They see farmland of steer and bulls.
(c) They see hills covered with olive trees.
(d) They see the sun set, wooded hills, sandy pine country, heather, clearings with houses and an occasional sawmill.
5. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
(a) He withdraws into himself, rarely going out.
(b) He wants to elope with Frances immediately.
(c) He is not so simple or so nice, and not as pleasant to have around.
(d) He knows he is deeply in love with Frances.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Frances continues her tirade against Cohn, what does she think is the real reason why he won't marry her?
2. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
3. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
4. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
5. What is Brett's formal title?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)