|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brett say she did while in San Sebastian?
(a) She prayed at the Basílica de Santa María del Coro.
(b) She went sun bathing at the beach.
(c) She visited all the cafes in the area.
(d) She never went out and didn't do anything.
2. What excuses do Brett and Jake give when the Count suggests that they get married?
(a) They say that they want to live their own lives and have their careers.
(b) They say that they are incompatible and argue too much.
(c) They say that they are not the marrying kind and are not ready to settle down.
(d) They say that they don't want to be tied down and are only friends.
3. Bill Gorton says that Vienna "is a strange city". What city does he compare it to?
(a) New York
4. The Count boasts that he has been around. Where has he been?
(a) He has sailed around the world.
(b) He has traveled across America.
(c) He has been in seven wars and four revolutions.
(d) He has been all over Europe.
5. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
(a) He is knocked out.
(b) He breaks his hand.
(c) He gets his nose flattened.
(d) He wins on a TKO.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
2. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
3. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
4. What is Brett's reaction when Jake kisses her in the taxi?
5. What does Jake do to pass the time while Brett and Robert Cohn are out of town?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)