|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Frances continues her tirade against Cohn, what does she think is the real reason why he won't marry her?
(a) He feels he is not good enough for her.
(b) It would be romantic to say that he had a mistress for two years.
(c) His children would be hurt by the marriage.
(d) He wouldn't be able to hang out in the cafes as much.
2. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
(a) They tell him not to think about it.
(b) They tell him it is not important and he shouldn't worry about it.
(c) They say it is better than getting killed.
(d) They tell him he is lucky; it could have been worse.
3. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
(a) He wants to inquire into investing in coffee beans.
(b) He wants to buy a vacation home there for Frances.
(c) He is afraid his life is moving too fast and he is not really living it.
(d) He wants to research the area before taking Frances there.
4. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
(a) He says that his life is passing him by. He's losing his way.
(b) He says that he doesn't want it to happen to him.
(c) He says that he can't do it. Nothing will make him do it.
(d) He says that he has to go to South America. He just has to.
5. What is Mike Campbell's financial situation?
(a) He is in an undischarged bankruptcy.
(b) He is a self-made millionaire.
(c) He is independently wealthy.
(d) He has a small nest egg in the bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
2. In a letter to Jake, what does Cohn tell Jake he has been doing in Hendaye?
3. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
4. Why does the Count enjoy everything so much?
5. How does Jake react when Brett tells him she was in San Sebastian with Cohn?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)