|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Count, Brett, and Jake go after they finish dinner in the restaurant?
(a) They go to the Count's hotel room for champagne.
(b) They go for a stroll in the park.
(c) They go for a tour of Paris in a horse-cab.
(d) They go dancing at Zelli's.
2. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
(a) His address
(b) Fifty francs
(c) A brandy and soda
(d) A bottle of wine
3. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
(a) To a show
(b) To Brett's place
(c) Just driving around
(d) To Jake's place
4. What happens to Bill Gorton during his stay in Vienna?
(a) Bill wins a large sum of money betting on a prize-fight.
(b) Bill is drunk for four days in Vienna and doesn't remember much about the trip.
(c) Bill has a wonderful trip full of pleasant memories.
(d) Bill is mugged while drunk in Vienna.
5. When does Brett say she is going to marry Michael?
(a) As soon as he returns to Paris
(b) When he finds a better job
(c) As soon as they can get the divorce
(d) When Michael's family gives them the money for the wedding
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
2. What does Jake do to pass the time while he waits for Brett to meet him at the Hotel Crillon?
3. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
4. What does Brett say she did while in San Sebastian?
5. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)