|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
(a) Spider Kelly and Frances
(b) Braddocks and Jake
(c) Jake and Spider Kelly
(d) Spider Kelly and Braddocks
2. Where was the Count when he received his wounds?
(a) On a business trip
(b) Fighting in a revolution
(c) In the Italian front
(d) On a naval ship
3. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
(a) He says that he can't do it. Nothing will make him do it.
(b) He says that he doesn't want it to happen to him.
(c) He says that his life is passing him by. He's losing his way.
(d) He says that he has to go to South America. He just has to.
4. When Jake and Bill try to get tickets for the first lunch service on the train, what does the conductor tell them?
(a) They are all reserved. There is nothing available until the fifth at three-thirty.
(b) They can have tickets to the second serving.
(c) He gives them tickets and tells them to enjoy the ride.
(d) They are all reserved but he will find them a spot for ten francs.
5. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
(a) Robert Cohn
(b) Brett Ashley
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
2. How does Jake react when Brett tells him she was in San Sebastian with Cohn?
3. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
4. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
5. Where do the Count, Brett, and Jake go after they finish dinner in the restaurant?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)