|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
2. What does Bill tell Jake the secret to success is?
(a) Write the great American novel
(b) Try to stop injustice
(c) Never be daunted
(d) Invest wisely
3. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
(a) His novel is accepted at a publishing company in America.
(b) He wants to see his children.
(c) He teaches a literary class at Princeton.
(d) He goes to visit his mother.
4. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
(a) He thinks it would be nice to eat with someone.
(b) He hopes it will lead to a more intimate time later in the evening.
(c) He feels sorry for her and hopes to talk her into a different lifestyle.
(d) He thinks she looks down and out and could use a good meal.
5. Why does the Count enjoy everything so much?
(a) Because he has plenty of money to spend
(b) Because he has so many friends
(c) Because he has lived a full life and gotten to know the values, so he can enjoy everything.
(d) Because he is always drunk
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
2. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
3. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
4. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
5. As Jake lies in bed, what does he start thinking about that keeps him from sleeping?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)