|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
2. What does Jake read after putting on his pajamas and getting into bed?
(a) He reads
(b) He reads the Paris daily newspaper.
(c) He reads the New York Times which he has delivered to him from America.
(d) He reads a few pages of a novel, hoping it will put him to sleep.
3. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
(a) It puts the person into a major depression.
(b) It sustains an uplifted mood all night.
(c) It has no effect on the mood.
(d) It lifts their spirits, but then drops the mood just as quickly.
4. What is Mike assigned to bring to Pamplona?
(a) Two rods with reels, lines and flies
(b) Extra money for the nightlife
(c) Extra money for playing bridge
(d) A case of wine
5. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
(a) As a poule he picked up on the street
(b) As his sister
(c) As his cousin
(d) As his fiancée
Short Answer Questions
1. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
2. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
3. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
4. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
5. Who arrives at Jake's flat after he finishes showering?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)