|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cohn decide when Brett sends him a letter saying he doesn't have to go on the trip to Spain with them?
(a) He says that he would rather not go.
(b) He asks Jake to tell Brett not to go on the trip.
(c) He refuses to answer her letter.
(d) He decides to go anyway.
2. How did the Count receive the wounds above his ribs?
3. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
(a) He met her in a bar in America.
(b) They met while on a cruise to England.
(c) She was a V.A.D. in a hospital he was in during the war.
(d) He first saw her in a café in Paris.
4. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
(a) Jake is sick and tired of hearing about South America, telling Cohn to drop the subject.
(b) Jake is furious when Cohn makes a joke about his war injury.
(c) Cohn is angry that Jake insults Brett by saying she married someone she didn't love, twice. Jake also tells him to go to hell.
(d) Cohn is insulted when Jake tells him to leave Frances because she is no good for him.
5. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He has a girlfriend.
(b) He had too much to drink.
(c) He was hurt in the war.
(d) He is afraid of catching something from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake ask himself as he leaves Frances and Cohn in the café?
2. What is Mike assigned to bring to Pamplona?
3. Jake, Bill and their traveling companions in the train compartment talk about fishing trips. What comment does the American wife make about men?
4. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
5. Jake feels he did not give an accurate picture of Robert Cohn. What does he add to his description of Cohn?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)