|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
(a) Angry and reclusive
(b) Superior and snooty
(c) Outgoing and proud
(d) Inferior and shy
2. Bill Gorton says that Vienna "is a strange city". What city does he compare it to?
(b) New York
3. Where was the Count when he received his wounds?
(a) Fighting in a revolution
(b) In the Italian front
(c) On a business trip
(d) On a naval ship
4. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
(a) Fifty francs
(b) A bottle of wine
(c) A brandy and soda
(d) His address
5. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
(a) Aloysius Kirby
(b) Count Mippipopolous
(c) Robert Cohn
(d) Marshal Ney
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Bill and Jake see in a taxi as they are walking down the street to a restaurant?
2. Why does Frances tell Robert not to have scenes with his young ladies?
3. What does Bill tell Jake the secret to success is?
4. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
5. When does Brett say she is going to marry Michael?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)