|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Count, Brett, and Jake go after they finish dinner in the restaurant?
(a) They go dancing at Zelli's.
(b) They go for a tour of Paris in a horse-cab.
(c) They go for a stroll in the park.
(d) They go to the Count's hotel room for champagne.
2. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) He is sick of Paris.
(b) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
(c) He considers Paris his home.
(d) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
3. After five years of marriage, three children and spending close to fifty thousand dollars, what does Robert Cohn's rich wife do?
(a) She gives him a surprise anniversary party.
(b) She leaves him for a painter of miniatures.
(c) She tells him she would like to get a job.
(d) She announces that she is pregnant again.
4. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Woolsey and Krum
(b) Brett and Georgette
(c) Braddocks and Cohn
(d) Cohn and Brett
5. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
(a) She is miserable and says she will not see Jake again.
(b) She is excited about leaving Jake and getting on with her life.
(c) She is indifferent to Jake.
(d) She is happy and looking forward to her wedding to Michael.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
2. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
3. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
4. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
5. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)