|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
(a) It puts the person into a major depression.
(b) It sustains an uplifted mood all night.
(c) It lifts their spirits, but then drops the mood just as quickly.
(d) It has no effect on the mood.
2. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
(a) To the Louvre
(b) To the dance club, bal musette
(c) To Foyot's
(d) A walk along the Seinne
3. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
(a) He helps Jake sort out carbons.
(b) He reads papers and falls asleep.
(c) He stuffs manila envelopes for Jake.
(d) He looks out the window at the Paris streets.
4. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
(a) Inferior and shy
(b) Superior and snooty
(c) Angry and reclusive
(d) Outgoing and proud
5. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
(a) She will hurt you if you try to get close.
(b) She's nice and her name is Lady Ashley. She is getting a divorce, so she can marry someone named Mike Campbell.
(c) He doesn't have anything to say about her. He doesn't want to discuss it.
(d) She is not worth the time of day. Stay away from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
2. What does Jake ask himself as he leaves Frances and Cohn in the café?
3. Why doesn't Brett want Jake to touch her?
4. What words does Mike repeat to describe Brett to Jake and Bill?
5. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)