|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
(a) Aloysius Kirby
(b) Robert Cohn
(c) Count Mippipopolous
(d) Marshal Ney
2. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
(a) Superior and snooty
(b) Inferior and shy
(c) Angry and reclusive
(d) Outgoing and proud
3. Why does Jake give Harvey some money?
(a) Jake wants Harvey to place a bet for him with his bookie.
(b) Jake wants him to use the money to find a flat.
(c) Harvey has been threatened by debt collectors.
(d) Harvey hasn't eaten in five days, wants to be alone and doesn't care if he eats.
4. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
(a) He knows he is deeply in love with Frances.
(b) He is not so simple or so nice, and not as pleasant to have around.
(c) He wants to elope with Frances immediately.
(d) He withdraws into himself, rarely going out.
5. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
(a) He says that he can't seem to get started on his second book and he is worried.
(b) He says that all is going well and he is half way through his second book.
(c) He says that he has decided not to write anymore.
(d) He says that his writing is speeding along and he is on the final chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
2. What does Jake do to pass the time while he waits for Brett to meet him at the Hotel Crillon?
3. What are the two pieces of mail that Jakes picks up from the concierge when he returns to his flat?
4. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
5. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)