|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
(a) He explains that he has a nasty tongue but he doesn't mean what he says.
(b) He blames his attitude on his war injury.
(c) He says that he is only telling the truth.
(d) He says that he had a rough night and isn't thinking straight.
2. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
(a) He says that he can't seem to get started on his second book and he is worried.
(b) He says that he has decided not to write anymore.
(c) He says that his writing is speeding along and he is on the final chapter.
(d) He says that all is going well and he is half way through his second book.
3. Who arrives at Jake's flat after he finishes showering?
(a) Brett and Robert Cohn
(b) Robert Cohn and Harvey Stone
(c) Brett and Harvey Stone
(d) Brett and Count Mippipopolous
4. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
(a) A partnership in a new magazine
5. What does Jake do to pass the time while he waits for Brett to meet him at the Hotel Crillon?
(a) He writes letters on the hotel stationary.
(b) He has a glass of wine and watches people passing by.
(c) He reads the Bible in the lounge.
(d) He works on an article he is writing for the paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
2. What is the view Jake and Bill have from the train as they pass through Landes?
3. Why does the Count enjoy everything so much?
4. Why doesn't Jake eat at Madame Lecomte's restaurant very often?
5. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)