|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
(a) She is indifferent to Jake.
(b) She is excited about leaving Jake and getting on with her life.
(c) She is miserable and says she will not see Jake again.
(d) She is happy and looking forward to her wedding to Michael.
2. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
(a) They tell him he is lucky; it could have been worse.
(b) They say it is better than getting killed.
(c) They tell him it is not important and he shouldn't worry about it.
(d) They tell him not to think about it.
3. Where was the Count when he received his wounds?
(a) In the Italian front
(b) On a business trip
(c) Fighting in a revolution
(d) On a naval ship
4. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
5. Why does Frances tell Robert not to have scenes with his young ladies?
(a) He will be seen as a hard-hearted writer.
(b) He will cry and not be able to remember what was said.
(c) He will upset the ladies so much, they will cry.
(d) He will turn his readers against him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake do to pass the time while Brett and Robert Cohn are out of town?
2. How does Jake react when Brett tells him she was in San Sebastian with Cohn?
3. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
4. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
5. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)