|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jake and Bill try to get tickets for the first lunch service on the train, what does the conductor tell them?
(a) They are all reserved. There is nothing available until the fifth at three-thirty.
(b) They can have tickets to the second serving.
(c) They are all reserved but he will find them a spot for ten francs.
(d) He gives them tickets and tells them to enjoy the ride.
2. How did Robert Cohn spend his time while in Europe with Frances?
(a) He starts a new arts magazine, and wines and dines Frances.
(b) He writes a novel, reads books, plays bridge, plays tennis and boxes.
(c) He goes back to school and studies law.
(d) He takes up painting and sculpture.
3. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) He considers Paris his home.
(b) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
(c) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
(d) He is sick of Paris.
4. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
(a) Cohn is eagerly looking at Lady Brett, hoping for a dance.
(b) Cohn is in awe of the night life in Paris.
(c) Cohn is looking with adoration at his fiancée, Frances.
(d) Cohn is expectantly hoping for a night with Georgette.
5. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
(a) He inquires about the quality of the food and if there is any left.
(b) He asks if the next time, the Catholics can be the last to be served.
(c) He wants to know when the Protestants get to eat and it makes him want to join the Klan.
(d) He asks if all the Catholics enjoyed making everyone else on the train wait for lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
2. When does Brett say she is going to marry Michael?
3. What is Jake's reply when Cohn asks him if he is worried about his life passing him by?
4. What does Jake do when Georgette touches him while they are driving in the horse-cab?
5. What does Bill tell Jake the secret to success is?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)