|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mike Campbell's financial situation?
(a) He is in an undischarged bankruptcy.
(b) He has a small nest egg in the bank.
(c) He is independently wealthy.
(d) He is a self-made millionaire.
2. Jake feels he did not give an accurate picture of Robert Cohn. What does he add to his description of Cohn?
(a) Cohn is a conceited, self-centered man who is a sore loser at tennis.
(b) Cohn is an excellent tennis player with a good, athletic body. He is nice to other people, cheerful and didn't get angry when beaten in tennis.
(c) Cohn insults other people constantly, looking for ways to start arguments.
(d) Cohn is superficial, only caring about what he wears and how he looks.
3. Why doesn't Jake eat at Madame Lecomte's restaurant very often?
(a) Too many of his fellow Americans go there
(b) He prefers eating at home.
(c) He doesn't care for the menu.
(d) He had an argument with the owner.
4. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
(a) He asks if the next time, the Catholics can be the last to be served.
(b) He wants to know when the Protestants get to eat and it makes him want to join the Klan.
(c) He asks if all the Catholics enjoyed making everyone else on the train wait for lunch.
(d) He inquires about the quality of the food and if there is any left.
5. Jake meets Brett and Mike at the Dingo and Mike is a bit drunk. What does Mike ask Jake at the time?
(a) He asks if he and Brett can go to Pamplona with Jake and Bill.
(b) He asks if Cohn is in love with Brett.
(c) He asks if he said anything embarrassing the night before.
(d) He asks if Jake is still in love with Brett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Count when he received his wounds?
2. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
3. Why doesn't Brett want Jake to touch her?
4. There are seven cars on the train full of Catholic Americans from Dayton, Ohio. Where are they headed?
5. When does Brett say she is going to marry Michael?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)