|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(c) African safari hunters
(d) Horse racers
2. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
(a) She is happy and looking forward to her wedding to Michael.
(b) She is miserable and says she will not see Jake again.
(c) She is indifferent to Jake.
(d) She is excited about leaving Jake and getting on with her life.
3. As Jake watches Brett walk up the street from his flat and get into the Count's limousine, what is he thinking?
(a) He thinks that it is easy to be brave and ignore things in the daytime, but at night, all the worries and heartache returns.
(b) He thinks that he should have gone with Brett when she offered to bring him to Zelli's.
(c) He wonders what it would be like if he was able to have a normal relationship with Brett.
(d) He thinks that he should be getting back to bed.
4. What are Jake and Bill Gorton planning to do during their trip to Spain?
(a) See an opera and do some fishing
(b) Do some fishing and go to the festival in Pamplona
(c) Tour the Basque country and relax in Barcelona
(d) Visit the vineyards in Pamplona
5. Where does Brett tell Jake she is going?
(c) San Sebastian
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Jake and Bill share their train compartment with?
2. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
3. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
4. As Frances continues her tirade against Cohn, what does she think is the real reason why he won't marry her?
5. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)