|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
(b) He is sick of Paris.
(c) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
(d) He considers Paris his home.
2. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
(a) Jake is furious when Cohn makes a joke about his war injury.
(b) Jake is sick and tired of hearing about South America, telling Cohn to drop the subject.
(c) Cohn is angry that Jake insults Brett by saying she married someone she didn't love, twice. Jake also tells him to go to hell.
(d) Cohn is insulted when Jake tells him to leave Frances because she is no good for him.
3. What does Jake do when Georgette touches him while they are driving in the horse-cab?
(a) He pushes her hand away.
(b) He bends over and kisses her.
(c) He closes his eyes and enjoys her touch.
(d) He moves closer to her.
4. What is the financial status of Robert Cohn's parents who reside in New York?
(a) They are middle class working people.
(b) They are one of the richest Jewish, New York families.
(c) They are unemployed with a bleak future.
(d) They are low income, struggling to survive.
5. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
(d) In love
Short Answer Questions
1. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
2. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
3. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
4. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
5. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)