|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Count, Brett, and Jake go after they finish dinner in the restaurant?
(a) They go to the Count's hotel room for champagne.
(b) They go for a tour of Paris in a horse-cab.
(c) They go for a stroll in the park.
(d) They go dancing at Zelli's.
2. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
(a) He teaches a literary class at Princeton.
(b) His novel is accepted at a publishing company in America.
(c) He wants to see his children.
(d) He goes to visit his mother.
3. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
(a) It sustains an uplifted mood all night.
(b) It lifts their spirits, but then drops the mood just as quickly.
(c) It puts the person into a major depression.
(d) It has no effect on the mood.
4. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
(a) He insults Jake, saying that he is not worth the trouble.
(b) He tells Jake that he is the best friend he has.
(c) He tells Jake that he doesn't want to see him again.
(d) He threatens Jake and tells him to watch his tongue.
5. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Woolsey and Krum
(b) Cohn and Brett
(c) Brett and Georgette
(d) Braddocks and Cohn
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
2. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
3. As Frances continues her tirade against Cohn, what does she think is the real reason why he won't marry her?
4. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
5. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)