|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brett tell Jake she is going?
(d) San Sebastian
2. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
(a) He sits at his desk, wallowing in self-pity.
(b) He tries to concentrate on his typing, but can't hold a clear thought.
(c) He reads the French morning papers, smokes and sets to work on the typewriter.
(d) He has a cup of coffee and then decides to go home.
3. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
(b) In love
4. As Jake watches Brett walk up the street from his flat and get into the Count's limousine, what is he thinking?
(a) He thinks that it is easy to be brave and ignore things in the daytime, but at night, all the worries and heartache returns.
(b) He thinks that he should be getting back to bed.
(c) He thinks that he should have gone with Brett when she offered to bring him to Zelli's.
(d) He wonders what it would be like if he was able to have a normal relationship with Brett.
5. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake do to pass the time while he waits for Brett to meet him at the Hotel Crillon?
2. Why is Frances saying terrible, sarcastic comments to Cohn in front of Jake at the café?
3. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
4. What excuses do Brett and Jake give when the Count suggests that they get married?
5. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)