|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
(a) He wants to see his children.
(b) His novel is accepted at a publishing company in America.
(c) He goes to visit his mother.
(d) He teaches a literary class at Princeton.
2. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Cohn and Brett
(b) Braddocks and Cohn
(c) Brett and Georgette
(d) Woolsey and Krum
3. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
(a) He says that being in love is fun and an enjoyable feeling.
(b) He believes love if not what the poets says it is.
(c) He thinks love is
(d) He thinks love is for the birds.
4. What is Harvey's opinion of Robert Cohn?
(a) He is a wonderful novelist.
(b) He is a witty, humorous man.
(c) He is a trustworthy friend.
(d) He is a moron.
5. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
(a) He explains that he has a nasty tongue but he doesn't mean what he says.
(b) He blames his attitude on his war injury.
(c) He says that he is only telling the truth.
(d) He says that he had a rough night and isn't thinking straight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
2. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
3. Who arrives at Jake's flat after he finishes showering?
4. Why doesn't Cohn want Jake talking about meeting the American girl in Strasbourg?
5. Why does Frances tell Robert not to have scenes with his young ladies?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)