|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Woolsey and Krum
(b) Cohn and Brett
(c) Braddocks and Cohn
(d) Brett and Georgette
2. As Jake watches Brett walk up the street from his flat and get into the Count's limousine, what is he thinking?
(a) He thinks that he should be getting back to bed.
(b) He wonders what it would be like if he was able to have a normal relationship with Brett.
(c) He thinks that it is easy to be brave and ignore things in the daytime, but at night, all the worries and heartache returns.
(d) He thinks that he should have gone with Brett when she offered to bring him to Zelli's.
3. Where do the Count, Brett, and Jake go after they finish dinner in the restaurant?
(a) They go to the Count's hotel room for champagne.
(b) They go for a tour of Paris in a horse-cab.
(c) They go for a stroll in the park.
(d) They go dancing at Zelli's.
4. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
(a) She is not worth the time of day. Stay away from her.
(b) She will hurt you if you try to get close.
(c) He doesn't have anything to say about her. He doesn't want to discuss it.
(d) She's nice and her name is Lady Ashley. She is getting a divorce, so she can marry someone named Mike Campbell.
5. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
(a) She is happy and looking forward to her wedding to Michael.
(b) She is miserable and says she will not see Jake again.
(c) She is indifferent to Jake.
(d) She is excited about leaving Jake and getting on with her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jake lies in bed, what does he start thinking about that keeps him from sleeping?
2. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
3. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
4. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
5. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)