|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
(a) A brandy and soda
(b) Fifty francs
(c) A bottle of wine
(d) His address
2. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(c) Horse racers
(d) African safari hunters
3. Why is Frances saying terrible, sarcastic comments to Cohn in front of Jake at the café?
(a) Frances feels Cohn is too possessive of her.
(b) Frances is annoyed that Cohn will not let her go to England to visit friends.
(c) Frances resents the fact that Cohn gave her 200 pounds to go back to England and stay with friends.
(d) Frances is angry that Cohn made most of the wedding plans without her.
4. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
(a) He says that he can't do it. Nothing will make him do it.
(b) He says that he doesn't want it to happen to him.
(c) He says that his life is passing him by. He's losing his way.
(d) He says that he has to go to South America. He just has to.
5. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
(a) He explains that he has a nasty tongue but he doesn't mean what he says.
(b) He blames his attitude on his war injury.
(c) He says that he is only telling the truth.
(d) He says that he had a rough night and isn't thinking straight.
Short Answer Questions
1. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
2. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
3. Where do the Count, Brett, and Jake go after they finish dinner in the restaurant?
4. Where does Jake think Robert Cohn gets his dislike of Paris?
5. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)