|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake ask himself as he leaves Frances and Cohn in the café?
(a) He wonders how Cohn could be such an uncaring human being.
(b) He wonders if Frances would like to go out with him now that Cohen was out of the picture.
(c) He wonders why Frances ever stayed with Cohn as long as she did.
(d) He wonders why Cohn allows Frances to talk to him in such an insulting manner and why he doesn't do something to stop her.
2. What is Brett's reaction when Jake kisses her in the taxi?
(a) She acts pleasantly surprised.
(b) She asks him to kiss her again.
(c) She moves to the corner of the seat, far away from Jake and puts her head down.
(d) She pushes closer to Jake, putting her arms around him.
3. What is Jake's reply when Cohn asks him if he is worried about his life passing him by?
(a) Jake says that he is through with worrying.
(b) Jake says that sometimes it bothers him.
(c) Jake says that he is worried and depressed.
(d) Jake says that he is always worried about it.
4. What news does Frances Clyne reveal to Jake when she asks him to go with her to the Dome?
(a) She tells Jake that Cohn does not want to marry her anymore and that he hasn't lived enough.
(b) She informs Jake that Cohn wants Jake to be his best man for their wedding.
(c) She wants Jake to arrange a surprise bachelor party for Cohn.
(d) She tells Jake that she doesn't want Jake in the wedding.
5. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
(a) He says that he is only telling the truth.
(b) He blames his attitude on his war injury.
(c) He says that he had a rough night and isn't thinking straight.
(d) He explains that he has a nasty tongue but he doesn't mean what he says.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
2. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
3. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
4. The Count boasts that he has been around. Where has he been?
5. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)