|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
(a) He met her in a bar in America.
(b) He first saw her in a café in Paris.
(c) She was a V.A.D. in a hospital he was in during the war.
(d) They met while on a cruise to England.
2. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
(a) He breaks his hand.
(b) He wins on a TKO.
(c) He gets his nose flattened.
(d) He is knocked out.
3. Where was the Count when he received his wounds?
(a) On a naval ship
(b) On a business trip
(c) Fighting in a revolution
(d) In the Italian front
4. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
(a) He wants to see his children.
(b) He teaches a literary class at Princeton.
(c) He goes to visit his mother.
(d) His novel is accepted at a publishing company in America.
5. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
(a) He withdraws into himself, rarely going out.
(b) He wants to elope with Frances immediately.
(c) He knows he is deeply in love with Frances.
(d) He is not so simple or so nice, and not as pleasant to have around.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Brett say she is going to marry Michael?
2. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
3. What is Brett's formal title?
4. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
5. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)