|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brett tell Jake she is going?
(c) San Sebastian
2. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
(a) Harvey Stone
(c) Brett Ashley
(d) Robert Cohn
3. When does Brett say she is going to marry Michael?
(a) When Michael's family gives them the money for the wedding
(b) When he finds a better job
(c) As soon as he returns to Paris
(d) As soon as they can get the divorce
4. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
(a) He is still distraught over Brett and skips breakfast.
(b) He feels it is a fine and pleasant morning.
(c) He wishes he had stayed in bed.
(d) He walks down the street in a fog, not noticing the events around him.
5. What is Jake's reply when Cohn asks him if he is worried about his life passing him by?
(a) Jake says that he is always worried about it.
(b) Jake says that he is worried and depressed.
(c) Jake says that he is through with worrying.
(d) Jake says that sometimes it bothers him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What title does Robert Cohn achieve while attending Princeton?
2. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
3. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
4. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
5. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)