|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
(a) He met her in a bar in America.
(b) They met while on a cruise to England.
(c) She was a V.A.D. in a hospital he was in during the war.
(d) He first saw her in a café in Paris.
2. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
(a) He is afraid his life is moving too fast and he is not really living it.
(b) He wants to buy a vacation home there for Frances.
(c) He wants to inquire into investing in coffee beans.
(d) He wants to research the area before taking Frances there.
3. Why doesn't Cohn want Jake talking about meeting the American girl in Strasbourg?
(a) Cohn doesn't want Jake to get involved with a woman.
(b) Cohn is afraid Frances will be angry and jealous.
(c) Cohn wants to stay in Paris.
(d) Cohn is afraid Jake won't return to Paris.
4. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
(a) Brett likes to hang all her dresses in color coordinated order.
(b) Brett adds up the number of shoes she owns, buying a new pair every week.
(c) Brett adds up the number of brandies she drinks when she goes out.
(d) Brett enjoys it when more and more men become infatuated with her.
5. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
(a) South America will help him live life and he doesn't like Paris.
(b) Everyone needs many children and live through your children.
(c) Dating many women is the thing to do and writing a novel is fulfilling.
(d) Going to see bull-fighters will spice up his life and getting married is necessary for a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
2. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
3. What does Jake do to pass the time while he waits for Brett to meet him at the Hotel Crillon?
4. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
5. After five years of marriage, three children and spending close to fifty thousand dollars, what does Robert Cohn's rich wife do?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)