|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
(a) He says that he had a rough night and isn't thinking straight.
(b) He explains that he has a nasty tongue but he doesn't mean what he says.
(c) He blames his attitude on his war injury.
(d) He says that he is only telling the truth.
2. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
(a) Cohn is angry that Jake insults Brett by saying she married someone she didn't love, twice. Jake also tells him to go to hell.
(b) Jake is sick and tired of hearing about South America, telling Cohn to drop the subject.
(c) Cohn is insulted when Jake tells him to leave Frances because she is no good for him.
(d) Jake is furious when Cohn makes a joke about his war injury.
3. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
(a) That they get married
(b) That they avoid each other
(c) That they live together
(d) That they see other people
4. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
(a) To Jake's place
(b) To a show
(c) To Brett's place
(d) Just driving around
5. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Woolsey and Krum
(b) Brett and Georgette
(c) Braddocks and Cohn
(d) Cohn and Brett
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Frances Clyne reveal to Jake when she asks him to go with her to the Dome?
2. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
3. Why does Jake give Harvey some money?
4. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
5. What are the two pieces of mail that Jakes picks up from the concierge when he returns to his flat?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)