|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
(a) He says that his life is passing him by. He's losing his way.
(b) He says that he doesn't want it to happen to him.
(c) He says that he has to go to South America. He just has to.
(d) He says that he can't do it. Nothing will make him do it.
2. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
(a) Outgoing and proud
(b) Superior and snooty
(c) Angry and reclusive
(d) Inferior and shy
3. What is the financial status of Robert Cohn's parents who reside in New York?
(a) They are low income, struggling to survive.
(b) They are one of the richest Jewish, New York families.
(c) They are middle class working people.
(d) They are unemployed with a bleak future.
4. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
(a) He wants to elope with Frances immediately.
(b) He knows he is deeply in love with Frances.
(c) He withdraws into himself, rarely going out.
(d) He is not so simple or so nice, and not as pleasant to have around.
5. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
(a) He is knocked out.
(b) He breaks his hand.
(c) He wins on a TKO.
(d) He gets his nose flattened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
2. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
3. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
4. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
5. Where does Jake think Robert Cohn gets his dislike of Paris?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)