|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After five years of marriage, three children and spending close to fifty thousand dollars, what does Robert Cohn's rich wife do?
(a) She tells him she would like to get a job.
(b) She leaves him for a painter of miniatures.
(c) She gives him a surprise anniversary party.
(d) She announces that she is pregnant again.
2. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Woolsey and Krum
(b) Braddocks and Cohn
(c) Cohn and Brett
(d) Brett and Georgette
3. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
(a) He says that he has decided not to write anymore.
(b) He says that all is going well and he is half way through his second book.
(c) He says that his writing is speeding along and he is on the final chapter.
(d) He says that he can't seem to get started on his second book and he is worried.
4. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
(a) She is miserable and says she will not see Jake again.
(b) She is indifferent to Jake.
(c) She is happy and looking forward to her wedding to Michael.
(d) She is excited about leaving Jake and getting on with her life.
5. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
(b) Brett Ashley
(c) Harvey Stone
(d) Robert Cohn
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake read after putting on his pajamas and getting into bed?
2. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
3. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
4. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
5. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)