|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
(a) She wouldn't like South America. She likes to be around a lot of people.
(b) She doesn't like foreign countries.
(c) She thinks South America is the wilderness.
(d) She is afraid to travel.
2. Where does Jake think Robert Cohn gets his dislike of Paris?
(a) From Fances's bad attitude toward Paris
(b) From negative experiences he has had
(c) From cultural discussions with Braddocks
(d) From the opinionated writings of Mencken
3. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
4. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
(a) He joins the army.
(b) He falls into depression.
(c) He goes on an extended European trip.
(d) He marries the first girl who is nice to him.
5. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
(a) He knows he is deeply in love with Frances.
(b) He withdraws into himself, rarely going out.
(c) He wants to elope with Frances immediately.
(d) He is not so simple or so nice, and not as pleasant to have around.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
2. Where do the Count, Brett, and Jake go after they finish dinner in the restaurant?
3. Where was the Count when he received his wounds?
4. As Jake lies in bed, what does he start thinking about that keeps him from sleeping?
5. What did Frances say that Robert did to his secretary at Frances' request?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)