|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frances tell Robert not to have scenes with his young ladies?
(a) He will upset the ladies so much, they will cry.
(b) He will turn his readers against him.
(c) He will be seen as a hard-hearted writer.
(d) He will cry and not be able to remember what was said.
2. What is Brett's reaction when Jake kisses her in the taxi?
(a) She asks him to kiss her again.
(b) She moves to the corner of the seat, far away from Jake and puts her head down.
(c) She acts pleasantly surprised.
(d) She pushes closer to Jake, putting her arms around him.
3. What is Brett's response when the Count asks her to go to Biarritz, Cannes, or Monte Carlo?
(a) She says that she would rather go to America with him.
(b) She says that she knows too many people everywhere and she is in love with Jake.
(c) She says that she would be delighted to go to all those places.
(d) She says that she cannot go because Cohn would be upset.
4. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
(a) He helps Jake sort out carbons.
(b) He reads papers and falls asleep.
(c) He looks out the window at the Paris streets.
(d) He stuffs manila envelopes for Jake.
5. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
(a) He is afraid his life is moving too fast and he is not really living it.
(b) He wants to buy a vacation home there for Frances.
(c) He wants to research the area before taking Frances there.
(d) He wants to inquire into investing in coffee beans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Harvey's opinion of Robert Cohn?
2. What does Jake ask himself as he leaves Frances and Cohn in the café?
3. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
4. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
5. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)