|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
(a) Live your life now because you will be dead in thirty years.
(b) Don't waste your life staying in one place.
(c) You can't get away from yourself by traveling from place to place.
(d) Traveling is a great way to get away from your problems.
2. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Cohn and Brett
(b) Woolsey and Krum
(c) Brett and Georgette
(d) Braddocks and Cohn
3. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
(a) He reads papers and falls asleep.
(b) He helps Jake sort out carbons.
(c) He looks out the window at the Paris streets.
(d) He stuffs manila envelopes for Jake.
4. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
(a) He withdraws into himself, rarely going out.
(b) He knows he is deeply in love with Frances.
(c) He is not so simple or so nice, and not as pleasant to have around.
(d) He wants to elope with Frances immediately.
5. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
(a) The imaginary, amorous adventures of an Englishman in a romantic land
(b) How to become a magnet for wealth and success
(c) The financial and personal success of an entrepreneur in Europe
(d) The religious rebirth of an American boxer
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Count enjoy everything so much?
2. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
3. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
4. Why does Frances tell Robert not to have scenes with his young ladies?
5. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)