|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
(b) Brett Ashley
(c) Robert Cohn
2. How did Robert Cohn spend his time while in Europe with Frances?
(a) He writes a novel, reads books, plays bridge, plays tennis and boxes.
(b) He takes up painting and sculpture.
(c) He starts a new arts magazine, and wines and dines Frances.
(d) He goes back to school and studies law.
3. What is Brett's response when the Count asks her to go to Biarritz, Cannes, or Monte Carlo?
(a) She says that she cannot go because Cohn would be upset.
(b) She says that she would be delighted to go to all those places.
(c) She says that she would rather go to America with him.
(d) She says that she knows too many people everywhere and she is in love with Jake.
4. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
(a) He threatens Jake and tells him to watch his tongue.
(b) He tells Jake that he doesn't want to see him again.
(c) He tells Jake that he is the best friend he has.
(d) He insults Jake, saying that he is not worth the trouble.
5. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
(a) To Foyot's
(b) To the Louvre
(c) To the dance club, bal musette
(d) A walk along the Seinne
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
2. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
3. How did the Count receive the wounds above his ribs?
4. What is Brett's reaction when Jake kisses her in the taxi?
5. Where does Brett tell Jake she is going?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)