|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
(a) He met her in a bar in America.
(b) She was a V.A.D. in a hospital he was in during the war.
(c) They met while on a cruise to England.
(d) He first saw her in a café in Paris.
2. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
(a) Everyone needs many children and live through your children.
(b) Dating many women is the thing to do and writing a novel is fulfilling.
(c) Going to see bull-fighters will spice up his life and getting married is necessary for a man.
(d) South America will help him live life and he doesn't like Paris.
3. As Frances continues her tirade against Cohn, what does she think is the real reason why he won't marry her?
(a) He feels he is not good enough for her.
(b) He wouldn't be able to hang out in the cafes as much.
(c) It would be romantic to say that he had a mistress for two years.
(d) His children would be hurt by the marriage.
4. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
(a) She thinks South America is the wilderness.
(b) She doesn't like foreign countries.
(c) She wouldn't like South America. She likes to be around a lot of people.
(d) She is afraid to travel.
5. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
(d) A partnership in a new magazine
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
2. What is Harvey's opinion of Robert Cohn?
3. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
4. Why does Frances tell Robert not to have scenes with his young ladies?
5. What title does Robert Cohn achieve while attending Princeton?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)