|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
2. After five years of marriage, three children and spending close to fifty thousand dollars, what does Robert Cohn's rich wife do?
(a) She gives him a surprise anniversary party.
(b) She leaves him for a painter of miniatures.
(c) She announces that she is pregnant again.
(d) She tells him she would like to get a job.
3. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
(a) As his cousin
(b) As his sister
(c) As a poule he picked up on the street
(d) As his fiancée
4. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Braddocks and Cohn
(b) Woolsey and Krum
(c) Brett and Georgette
(d) Cohn and Brett
5. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
(a) To Brett's place
(b) To Jake's place
(c) Just driving around
(d) To a show
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
2. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
3. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
4. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
5. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)