|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
(a) You can't get away from yourself by traveling from place to place.
(b) Traveling is a great way to get away from your problems.
(c) Live your life now because you will be dead in thirty years.
(d) Don't waste your life staying in one place.
2. As Jake lies in bed, what does he start thinking about that keeps him from sleeping?
(a) He thinks about the war injury he received in Italy and about what might have happened to the other men who were with him in the hospital.
(b) He thinks about going on a trip to the bull-fights.
(c) He thinks about all the work he has to do the next day and if he will meet his deadlines.
(d) He thinks about Robert Cohn and South America.
3. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
(d) South America
4. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Woolsey and Krum
(b) Cohn and Brett
(c) Braddocks and Cohn
(d) Brett and Georgette
5. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
(a) They say it is better than getting killed.
(b) They tell him it is not important and he shouldn't worry about it.
(c) They tell him not to think about it.
(d) They tell him he is lucky; it could have been worse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
2. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
3. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
4. What is Brett's response when the Count asks her to go to Biarritz, Cannes, or Monte Carlo?
5. After five years of marriage, three children and spending close to fifty thousand dollars, what does Robert Cohn's rich wife do?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)