|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
(a) He wants to buy a vacation home there for Frances.
(b) He is afraid his life is moving too fast and he is not really living it.
(c) He wants to research the area before taking Frances there.
(d) He wants to inquire into investing in coffee beans.
2. Why doesn't Brett want Jake to touch her?
(a) She loves someone else.
(b) She loves him and can't stand that they are unable to do anything about it.
(c) She is not feeling well.
(d) She has no feelings for him.
3. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
(a) He says that he has to go to South America. He just has to.
(b) He says that he can't do it. Nothing will make him do it.
(c) He says that he doesn't want it to happen to him.
(d) He says that his life is passing him by. He's losing his way.
4. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
(a) It puts the person into a major depression.
(b) It lifts their spirits, but then drops the mood just as quickly.
(c) It sustains an uplifted mood all night.
(d) It has no effect on the mood.
5. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
(a) Cohn is in awe of the night life in Paris.
(b) Cohn is looking with adoration at his fiancée, Frances.
(c) Cohn is eagerly looking at Lady Brett, hoping for a dance.
(d) Cohn is expectantly hoping for a night with Georgette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
2. As Jake watches Brett walk up the street from his flat and get into the Count's limousine, what is he thinking?
3. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
4. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
5. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)