|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
(b) Brett Ashley
(c) Robert Cohn
2. What title does Robert Cohn achieve while attending Princeton?
(a) Middleweight boxing champion
(b) Princeton Review editor
(c) Heavyweight boxing champion
(d) Rhodes Scholar
3. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
(a) Frances kicks him under the table.
(b) Frances throws water in his face.
(c) Cohn kicks him under the table.
(d) Jake spills hot coffee in his lap.
4. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
(a) She wouldn't like South America. She likes to be around a lot of people.
(b) She is afraid to travel.
(c) She doesn't like foreign countries.
(d) She thinks South America is the wilderness.
5. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He is afraid of catching something from her.
(b) He was hurt in the war.
(c) He has a girlfriend.
(d) He had too much to drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake do when Georgette touches him while they are driving in the horse-cab?
2. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
3. As Jake watches Brett walk up the street from his flat and get into the Count's limousine, what is he thinking?
4. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
5. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)