|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jake watches Brett walk up the street from his flat and get into the Count's limousine, what is he thinking?
(a) He thinks that he should have gone with Brett when she offered to bring him to Zelli's.
(b) He wonders what it would be like if he was able to have a normal relationship with Brett.
(c) He thinks that he should be getting back to bed.
(d) He thinks that it is easy to be brave and ignore things in the daytime, but at night, all the worries and heartache returns.
2. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He is afraid of catching something from her.
(b) He was hurt in the war.
(c) He had too much to drink.
(d) He has a girlfriend.
3. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
(b) He is sick of Paris.
(c) He considers Paris his home.
(d) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
4. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
(a) Fifty francs
(b) A bottle of wine
(c) A brandy and soda
(d) His address
5. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
(a) Spider Kelly and Braddocks
(b) Braddocks and Jake
(c) Jake and Spider Kelly
(d) Spider Kelly and Frances
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
2. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
3. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
4. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
5. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)