|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
(a) As a poule he picked up on the street
(b) As his fiancée
(c) As his cousin
(d) As his sister
2. As Jake lies in bed, what does he start thinking about that keeps him from sleeping?
(a) He thinks about the war injury he received in Italy and about what might have happened to the other men who were with him in the hospital.
(b) He thinks about Robert Cohn and South America.
(c) He thinks about all the work he has to do the next day and if he will meet his deadlines.
(d) He thinks about going on a trip to the bull-fights.
3. What is Brett's formal title?
(a) Duchess Ashley
(b) Mon Cherie Brett
(c) Lady Ashley
(d) Countess Ashley
4. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
(a) The Princeton Review
(b) Review of the Arts
(c) The California Coastline
(d) The Fine Arts and Music Magazine
5. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
(a) Cohn is in awe of the night life in Paris.
(b) Cohn is looking with adoration at his fiancée, Frances.
(c) Cohn is eagerly looking at Lady Brett, hoping for a dance.
(d) Cohn is expectantly hoping for a night with Georgette.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
2. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
3. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
4. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
5. Why doesn't Cohn want Jake talking about meeting the American girl in Strasbourg?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)