|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
(a) He wants to buy a vacation home there for Frances.
(b) He wants to inquire into investing in coffee beans.
(c) He wants to research the area before taking Frances there.
(d) He is afraid his life is moving too fast and he is not really living it.
2. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
(a) They tell him it is not important and he shouldn't worry about it.
(b) They tell him he is lucky; it could have been worse.
(c) They tell him not to think about it.
(d) They say it is better than getting killed.
3. What is the financial status of Robert Cohn's parents who reside in New York?
(a) They are middle class working people.
(b) They are one of the richest Jewish, New York families.
(c) They are unemployed with a bleak future.
(d) They are low income, struggling to survive.
4. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
(a) Inferior and shy
(b) Outgoing and proud
(c) Angry and reclusive
(d) Superior and snooty
5. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
(a) Marshal Ney
(b) Robert Cohn
(c) Aloysius Kirby
(d) Count Mippipopolous
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
2. What does Jake do when Georgette touches him while they are driving in the horse-cab?
3. What title does Robert Cohn achieve while attending Princeton?
4. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
5. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)