|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
2. What does Jake read after putting on his pajamas and getting into bed?
(a) He reads a few pages of a novel, hoping it will put him to sleep.
(b) He reads the Paris daily newspaper.
(c) He reads
(d) He reads the New York Times which he has delivered to him from America.
3. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) He considers Paris his home.
(b) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
(c) He is sick of Paris.
(d) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
4. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
5. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
(a) Jake is furious when Cohn makes a joke about his war injury.
(b) Jake is sick and tired of hearing about South America, telling Cohn to drop the subject.
(c) Cohn is insulted when Jake tells him to leave Frances because she is no good for him.
(d) Cohn is angry that Jake insults Brett by saying she married someone she didn't love, twice. Jake also tells him to go to hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
2. What is the financial status of Robert Cohn's parents who reside in New York?
3. What is Jake's reply when Cohn asks him if he is worried about his life passing him by?
4. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
5. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)