|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
(a) The Princeton Review
(b) The Fine Arts and Music Magazine
(c) Review of the Arts
(d) The California Coastline
2. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
(a) He wants to elope with Frances immediately.
(b) He is not so simple or so nice, and not as pleasant to have around.
(c) He knows he is deeply in love with Frances.
(d) He withdraws into himself, rarely going out.
3. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
(a) In love
4. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
(a) South America
5. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
(a) Just driving around
(b) To a show
(c) To Jake's place
(d) To Brett's place
Short Answer Questions
1. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
2. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
3. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
4. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
5. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)