|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
(a) He marries the first girl who is nice to him.
(b) He falls into depression.
(c) He joins the army.
(d) He goes on an extended European trip.
2. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
(a) A brandy and soda
(b) His address
(c) A bottle of wine
(d) Fifty francs
3. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
(a) Jake spills hot coffee in his lap.
(b) Frances kicks him under the table.
(c) Cohn kicks him under the table.
(d) Frances throws water in his face.
4. Why doesn't Cohn want Jake talking about meeting the American girl in Strasbourg?
(a) Cohn doesn't want Jake to get involved with a woman.
(b) Cohn wants to stay in Paris.
(c) Cohn is afraid Jake won't return to Paris.
(d) Cohn is afraid Frances will be angry and jealous.
5. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
(a) He feels sorry for her and hopes to talk her into a different lifestyle.
(b) He hopes it will lead to a more intimate time later in the evening.
(c) He thinks she looks down and out and could use a good meal.
(d) He thinks it would be nice to eat with someone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Robert Cohn spend his time while in Europe with Frances?
2. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
3. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
4. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
5. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)