|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Brett and Georgette
(b) Braddocks and Cohn
(c) Cohn and Brett
(d) Woolsey and Krum
2. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(a) African safari hunters
(b) Horse racers
3. What are the two pieces of mail that Jakes picks up from the concierge when he returns to his flat?
(a) A bank statement and a wedding invitation
(b) A postcard from an army buddy and a letter from his sister
(c) A college commencement invitation and a letter from Brett
(d) A letter from his brother in America and a bank statement
4. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
(a) Cohn is expectantly hoping for a night with Georgette.
(b) Cohn is looking with adoration at his fiancée, Frances.
(c) Cohn is in awe of the night life in Paris.
(d) Cohn is eagerly looking at Lady Brett, hoping for a dance.
5. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
(a) Braddocks and Jake
(b) Spider Kelly and Braddocks
(c) Jake and Spider Kelly
(d) Spider Kelly and Frances
Short Answer Questions
1. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
2. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
3. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
4. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
5. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)