|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
(a) He thinks she looks down and out and could use a good meal.
(b) He hopes it will lead to a more intimate time later in the evening.
(c) He thinks it would be nice to eat with someone.
(d) He feels sorry for her and hopes to talk her into a different lifestyle.
2. What does Jake read after putting on his pajamas and getting into bed?
(a) He reads the Paris daily newspaper.
(b) He reads a few pages of a novel, hoping it will put him to sleep.
(c) He reads
(d) He reads the New York Times which he has delivered to him from America.
3. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
(b) South America
4. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
(a) He wants to buy a vacation home there for Frances.
(b) He is afraid his life is moving too fast and he is not really living it.
(c) He wants to research the area before taking Frances there.
(d) He wants to inquire into investing in coffee beans.
5. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
(a) He says that being in love is fun and an enjoyable feeling.
(b) He believes love if not what the poets says it is.
(c) He thinks love is
(d) He thinks love is for the birds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
2. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
3. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
4. As Jake lies in bed, what does he start thinking about that keeps him from sleeping?
5. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)