|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
(a) Robert Cohn
(b) Aloysius Kirby
(c) Count Mippipopolous
(d) Marshal Ney
2. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
(a) She wouldn't like South America. She likes to be around a lot of people.
(b) She thinks South America is the wilderness.
(c) She is afraid to travel.
(d) She doesn't like foreign countries.
3. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
(a) A partnership in a new magazine
4. What are the two pieces of mail that Jakes picks up from the concierge when he returns to his flat?
(a) A bank statement and a wedding invitation
(b) A college commencement invitation and a letter from Brett
(c) A postcard from an army buddy and a letter from his sister
(d) A letter from his brother in America and a bank statement
5. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(a) African safari hunters
(c) Horse racers
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
2. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
3. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
4. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
5. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)