|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brett's response when the Count asks her to go to Biarritz, Cannes, or Monte Carlo?
(a) She says that she would rather go to America with him.
(b) She says that she would be delighted to go to all those places.
(c) She says that she knows too many people everywhere and she is in love with Jake.
(d) She says that she cannot go because Cohn would be upset.
2. Why doesn't Cohn want Jake talking about meeting the American girl in Strasbourg?
(a) Cohn wants to stay in Paris.
(b) Cohn is afraid Jake won't return to Paris.
(c) Cohn doesn't want Jake to get involved with a woman.
(d) Cohn is afraid Frances will be angry and jealous.
3. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
(a) Cohn is looking with adoration at his fiancée, Frances.
(b) Cohn is in awe of the night life in Paris.
(c) Cohn is eagerly looking at Lady Brett, hoping for a dance.
(d) Cohn is expectantly hoping for a night with Georgette.
4. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
(a) Braddocks and Jake
(b) Spider Kelly and Frances
(c) Jake and Spider Kelly
(d) Spider Kelly and Braddocks
5. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
(a) He believes love if not what the poets says it is.
(b) He thinks love is for the birds.
(c) He says that being in love is fun and an enjoyable feeling.
(d) He thinks love is
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
2. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
3. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
4. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
5. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)