|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
(a) It's hard getting out with a wife and children.
(b) He has to work nights.
(c) He is too tired by the end of the work day.
(d) His budget won't allow him to go out much.
2. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(a) Horse racers
(c) African safari hunters
3. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
(a) As his cousin
(b) As a poule he picked up on the street
(c) As his sister
(d) As his fiancée
4. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
(a) Inferior and shy
(b) Outgoing and proud
(c) Angry and reclusive
(d) Superior and snooty
5. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
(a) His address
(b) Fifty francs
(c) A brandy and soda
(d) A bottle of wine
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
2. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
3. What does Jake read after putting on his pajamas and getting into bed?
4. How did Robert Cohn spend his time while in Europe with Frances?
5. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)