|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
(a) He breaks his hand.
(b) He wins on a TKO.
(c) He gets his nose flattened.
(d) He is knocked out.
2. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
3. What does Jake do when Georgette touches him while they are driving in the horse-cab?
(a) He moves closer to her.
(b) He bends over and kisses her.
(c) He pushes her hand away.
(d) He closes his eyes and enjoys her touch.
4. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
(a) Outgoing and proud
(b) Angry and reclusive
(c) Inferior and shy
(d) Superior and snooty
5. How did Robert Cohn spend his time while in Europe with Frances?
(a) He writes a novel, reads books, plays bridge, plays tennis and boxes.
(b) He starts a new arts magazine, and wines and dines Frances.
(c) He goes back to school and studies law.
(d) He takes up painting and sculpture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
2. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
3. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
4. What title does Robert Cohn achieve while attending Princeton?
5. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)