|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
(a) Brett adds up the number of brandies she drinks when she goes out.
(b) Brett likes to hang all her dresses in color coordinated order.
(c) Brett enjoys it when more and more men become infatuated with her.
(d) Brett adds up the number of shoes she owns, buying a new pair every week.
2. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
(a) How to become a magnet for wealth and success
(b) The financial and personal success of an entrepreneur in Europe
(c) The imaginary, amorous adventures of an Englishman in a romantic land
(d) The religious rebirth of an American boxer
3. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
(a) He reads papers and falls asleep.
(b) He helps Jake sort out carbons.
(c) He stuffs manila envelopes for Jake.
(d) He looks out the window at the Paris streets.
4. What title does Robert Cohn achieve while attending Princeton?
(a) Princeton Review editor
(b) Middleweight boxing champion
(c) Heavyweight boxing champion
(d) Rhodes Scholar
5. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
(a) To Jake's place
(b) To a show
(c) Just driving around
(d) To Brett's place
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
2. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
3. Why doesn't Cohn want Jake talking about meeting the American girl in Strasbourg?
4. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
5. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)