|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He is afraid of catching something from her.
(b) He was hurt in the war.
(c) He had too much to drink.
(d) He has a girlfriend.
2. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
(a) The California Coastline
(b) The Fine Arts and Music Magazine
(c) Review of the Arts
(d) The Princeton Review
3. After five years of marriage, three children and spending close to fifty thousand dollars, what does Robert Cohn's rich wife do?
(a) She tells him she would like to get a job.
(b) She announces that she is pregnant again.
(c) She leaves him for a painter of miniatures.
(d) She gives him a surprise anniversary party.
4. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
(a) Superior and snooty
(b) Angry and reclusive
(c) Outgoing and proud
(d) Inferior and shy
5. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
(a) He wins on a TKO.
(b) He breaks his hand.
(c) He is knocked out.
(d) He gets his nose flattened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
2. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
3. How did Robert Cohn spend his time while in Europe with Frances?
4. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
5. What is Jake's reply when Cohn asks him if he is worried about his life passing him by?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)