|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
(a) Spider Kelly and Frances
(b) Braddocks and Jake
(c) Jake and Spider Kelly
(d) Spider Kelly and Braddocks
2. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
(d) South America
3. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
(a) Going to see bull-fighters will spice up his life and getting married is necessary for a man.
(b) Dating many women is the thing to do and writing a novel is fulfilling.
(c) South America will help him live life and he doesn't like Paris.
(d) Everyone needs many children and live through your children.
4. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(a) Horse racers
(c) African safari hunters
5. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
(a) The Fine Arts and Music Magazine
(b) Review of the Arts
(c) The California Coastline
(d) The Princeton Review
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
2. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
3. What is the financial status of Robert Cohn's parents who reside in New York?
4. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
5. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)