|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
(a) Cohn is eagerly looking at Lady Brett, hoping for a dance.
(b) Cohn is in awe of the night life in Paris.
(c) Cohn is looking with adoration at his fiancée, Frances.
(d) Cohn is expectantly hoping for a night with Georgette.
2. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
(b) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
(c) He considers Paris his home.
(d) He is sick of Paris.
3. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
(a) Brett adds up the number of shoes she owns, buying a new pair every week.
(b) Brett enjoys it when more and more men become infatuated with her.
(c) Brett likes to hang all her dresses in color coordinated order.
(d) Brett adds up the number of brandies she drinks when she goes out.
4. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
(a) His address
(b) Fifty francs
(c) A brandy and soda
(d) A bottle of wine
5. What is Jake's reply when Cohn asks him if he is worried about his life passing him by?
(a) Jake says that he is always worried about it.
(b) Jake says that sometimes it bothers him.
(c) Jake says that he is worried and depressed.
(d) Jake says that he is through with worrying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
2. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
3. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
4. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
5. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)