|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
(a) He marries the first girl who is nice to him.
(b) He goes on an extended European trip.
(c) He joins the army.
(d) He falls into depression.
2. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
(a) A walk along the Seinne
(b) To the dance club, bal musette
(c) To the Louvre
(d) To Foyot's
3. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
4. Why doesn't Cohn want Jake talking about meeting the American girl in Strasbourg?
(a) Cohn wants to stay in Paris.
(b) Cohn doesn't want Jake to get involved with a woman.
(c) Cohn is afraid Jake won't return to Paris.
(d) Cohn is afraid Frances will be angry and jealous.
5. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
(a) To Jake's place
(b) Just driving around
(c) To Brett's place
(d) To a show
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
2. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
3. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
4. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
5. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)