|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
(d) A partnership in a new magazine
2. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
(a) Cohn kicks him under the table.
(b) Jake spills hot coffee in his lap.
(c) Frances kicks him under the table.
(d) Frances throws water in his face.
3. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
(a) Live your life now because you will be dead in thirty years.
(b) Don't waste your life staying in one place.
(c) You can't get away from yourself by traveling from place to place.
(d) Traveling is a great way to get away from your problems.
4. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
(b) In love
5. What is Jake's reply when Cohn asks him if he is worried about his life passing him by?
(a) Jake says that he is through with worrying.
(b) Jake says that sometimes it bothers him.
(c) Jake says that he is always worried about it.
(d) Jake says that he is worried and depressed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
2. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
3. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
4. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
5. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)