|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(a) Horse racers
(d) African safari hunters
2. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
(b) A partnership in a new magazine
3. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
(a) You can't get away from yourself by traveling from place to place.
(b) Live your life now because you will be dead in thirty years.
(c) Traveling is a great way to get away from your problems.
(d) Don't waste your life staying in one place.
4. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
(a) To Foyot's
(b) To the dance club, bal musette
(c) To the Louvre
(d) A walk along the Seinne
5. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
(a) As his cousin
(b) As a poule he picked up on the street
(c) As his fiancée
(d) As his sister
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
2. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
3. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
4. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
5. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)