|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
(a) It sustains an uplifted mood all night.
(b) It has no effect on the mood.
(c) It lifts their spirits, but then drops the mood just as quickly.
(d) It puts the person into a major depression.
2. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
3. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
(a) In love
4. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
(a) Fifty francs
(b) A bottle of wine
(c) His address
(d) A brandy and soda
5. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
(a) Traveling is a great way to get away from your problems.
(b) Don't waste your life staying in one place.
(c) Live your life now because you will be dead in thirty years.
(d) You can't get away from yourself by traveling from place to place.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
2. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
3. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
4. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
5. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)