|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
(a) In love
2. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
(a) As a poule he picked up on the street
(b) As his fiancée
(c) As his sister
(d) As his cousin
3. How did Robert Cohn spend his time while in Europe with Frances?
(a) He writes a novel, reads books, plays bridge, plays tennis and boxes.
(b) He goes back to school and studies law.
(c) He takes up painting and sculpture.
(d) He starts a new arts magazine, and wines and dines Frances.
4. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
(a) South America
5. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
(b) He considers Paris his home.
(c) He is sick of Paris.
(d) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
2. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
3. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
4. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
5. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)