|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
(a) He breaks his hand.
(b) He is knocked out.
(c) He gets his nose flattened.
(d) He wins on a TKO.
2. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
(a) A partnership in a new magazine
3. What is the financial status of Robert Cohn's parents who reside in New York?
(a) They are one of the richest Jewish, New York families.
(b) They are middle class working people.
(c) They are unemployed with a bleak future.
(d) They are low income, struggling to survive.
4. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
(a) It sustains an uplifted mood all night.
(b) It lifts their spirits, but then drops the mood just as quickly.
(c) It has no effect on the mood.
(d) It puts the person into a major depression.
5. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) He considers Paris his home.
(b) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
(c) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
(d) He is sick of Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
2. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
3. What is Jake's reply when Cohn asks him if he is worried about his life passing him by?
4. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
5. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)