|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake do when Georgette touches him while they are driving in the horse-cab?
(a) He closes his eyes and enjoys her touch.
(b) He moves closer to her.
(c) He pushes her hand away.
(d) He bends over and kisses her.
2. After five years of marriage, three children and spending close to fifty thousand dollars, what does Robert Cohn's rich wife do?
(a) She announces that she is pregnant again.
(b) She gives him a surprise anniversary party.
(c) She leaves him for a painter of miniatures.
(d) She tells him she would like to get a job.
3. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
(a) Outgoing and proud
(b) Inferior and shy
(c) Angry and reclusive
(d) Superior and snooty
4. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
5. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
(a) As his sister
(b) As his cousin
(c) As a poule he picked up on the street
(d) As his fiancée
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
2. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
3. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
4. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
5. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)