|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(a) Horse racers
(b) African safari hunters
2. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
(a) To Foyot's
(b) To the dance club, bal musette
(c) A walk along the Seinne
(d) To the Louvre
3. What does Jake do when Georgette touches him while they are driving in the horse-cab?
(a) He closes his eyes and enjoys her touch.
(b) He bends over and kisses her.
(c) He moves closer to her.
(d) He pushes her hand away.
4. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
(a) Cohn kicks him under the table.
(b) Jake spills hot coffee in his lap.
(c) Frances kicks him under the table.
(d) Frances throws water in his face.
5. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
(a) He says that he has to go to South America. He just has to.
(b) He says that he can't do it. Nothing will make him do it.
(c) He says that his life is passing him by. He's losing his way.
(d) He says that he doesn't want it to happen to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the financial status of Robert Cohn's parents who reside in New York?
2. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
3. After five years of marriage, three children and spending close to fifty thousand dollars, what does Robert Cohn's rich wife do?
4. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
5. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)