|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
(a) It puts the person into a major depression.
(b) It lifts their spirits, but then drops the mood just as quickly.
(c) It has no effect on the mood.
(d) It sustains an uplifted mood all night.
2. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
3. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
(a) Frances kicks him under the table.
(b) Cohn kicks him under the table.
(c) Frances throws water in his face.
(d) Jake spills hot coffee in his lap.
4. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(b) African safari hunters
(d) Horse racers
5. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
(a) A bottle of wine
(b) A brandy and soda
(c) His address
(d) Fifty francs
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Robert Cohn spend his time while in Europe with Frances?
2. What title does Robert Cohn achieve while attending Princeton?
3. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
4. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
5. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)