|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
(a) How to become a magnet for wealth and success
(b) The religious rebirth of an American boxer
(c) The financial and personal success of an entrepreneur in Europe
(d) The imaginary, amorous adventures of an Englishman in a romantic land
2. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
(a) To the Louvre
(b) A walk along the Seinne
(c) To the dance club, bal musette
(d) To Foyot's
3. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He is afraid of catching something from her.
(b) He has a girlfriend.
(c) He was hurt in the war.
(d) He had too much to drink.
4. What does Jake do when Georgette touches him while they are driving in the horse-cab?
(a) He closes his eyes and enjoys her touch.
(b) He pushes her hand away.
(c) He moves closer to her.
(d) He bends over and kisses her.
5. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
(a) Live your life now because you will be dead in thirty years.
(b) Traveling is a great way to get away from your problems.
(c) You can't get away from yourself by traveling from place to place.
(d) Don't waste your life staying in one place.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
2. What title does Robert Cohn achieve while attending Princeton?
3. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
4. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
5. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)