|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
(a) Angry and reclusive
(b) Outgoing and proud
(c) Inferior and shy
(d) Superior and snooty
2. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) He is sick of Paris.
(b) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
(c) He considers Paris his home.
(d) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
3. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
(a) Frances kicks him under the table.
(b) Cohn kicks him under the table.
(c) Frances throws water in his face.
(d) Jake spills hot coffee in his lap.
4. What does Jake do when Georgette touches him while they are driving in the horse-cab?
(a) He bends over and kisses her.
(b) He pushes her hand away.
(c) He closes his eyes and enjoys her touch.
(d) He moves closer to her.
5. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
(a) As his fiancée
(b) As a poule he picked up on the street
(c) As his sister
(d) As his cousin
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
2. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
3. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
4. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
5. Who are the two friends Robert Cohn has during his three years in Europe?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)