|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Robert Cohn spend his time while in Europe with Frances?
(a) He writes a novel, reads books, plays bridge, plays tennis and boxes.
(b) He takes up painting and sculpture.
(c) He goes back to school and studies law.
(d) He starts a new arts magazine, and wines and dines Frances.
2. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
3. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
(a) The Fine Arts and Music Magazine
(b) The Princeton Review
(c) Review of the Arts
(d) The California Coastline
4. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
(a) He wants to buy a vacation home there for Frances.
(b) He is afraid his life is moving too fast and he is not really living it.
(c) He wants to research the area before taking Frances there.
(d) He wants to inquire into investing in coffee beans.
5. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
(a) In love
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
2. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
3. What is the financial status of Robert Cohn's parents who reside in New York?
4. After graduating from Princeton, Robert Cohn is bitter and self-conscious. What is one of the first things he does?
5. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)