|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
(a) It puts the person into a major depression.
(b) It lifts their spirits, but then drops the mood just as quickly.
(c) It sustains an uplifted mood all night.
(d) It has no effect on the mood.
2. What title does Robert Cohn achieve while attending Princeton?
(a) Rhodes Scholar
(b) Heavyweight boxing champion
(c) Princeton Review editor
(d) Middleweight boxing champion
3. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He has a girlfriend.
(b) He is afraid of catching something from her.
(c) He had too much to drink.
(d) He was hurt in the war.
4. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
(b) South America
5. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
(a) Inferior and shy
(b) Superior and snooty
(c) Outgoing and proud
(d) Angry and reclusive
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
2. A forceful woman, Frances, hopes to gain success working with Robert Cohn on the magazine. She urges him to go to Europe with her when the magazine shuts down. What else did she want from him?
3. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
4. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
5. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)