|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
(a) South America
2. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
(a) The religious rebirth of an American boxer
(b) How to become a magnet for wealth and success
(c) The financial and personal success of an entrepreneur in Europe
(d) The imaginary, amorous adventures of an Englishman in a romantic land
3. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) He considers Paris his home.
(b) He is sick of Paris.
(c) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
(d) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
4. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(a) Horse racers
(c) African safari hunters
5. Why doesn't Cohn want Jake talking about meeting the American girl in Strasbourg?
(a) Cohn is afraid Jake won't return to Paris.
(b) Cohn wants to stay in Paris.
(c) Cohn is afraid Frances will be angry and jealous.
(d) Cohn doesn't want Jake to get involved with a woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
2. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
3. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
4. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
5. What happens to Jake when he suggests he and Cohn go to Strasbourg for the weekend to meet a girl he knows there?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)