|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brett say she did while in San Sebastian?
(a) She never went out and didn't do anything.
(b) She prayed at the Basílica de Santa María del Coro.
(c) She visited all the cafes in the area.
(d) She went sun bathing at the beach.
2. Why does Cohn start a fight with Jake at the Cafe Suizo and knock him out?
(a) Jake tells Cohn that he loves Brett.
(b) Cohn is angry that Jake takes Mike's side against him.
(c) Jake tells Cohn to find other friends.
(d) Jake refuses to tell him where Brett is.
3. What is Brett's reaction when Jake kisses her in the taxi?
(a) She acts pleasantly surprised.
(b) She pushes closer to Jake, putting her arms around him.
(c) She moves to the corner of the seat, far away from Jake and puts her head down.
(d) She asks him to kiss her again.
4. How is Robert Cohn feeling while he and Jake wait for Brett's train to arrive?
(a) He is feverish and shaky.
(b) He is relaxed and pleasant.
(c) He is nonchalant.
(d) He is extremely nervous and eager.
5. What does Jake ask himself as he leaves Frances and Cohn in the café?
(a) He wonders how Cohn could be such an uncaring human being.
(b) He wonders if Frances would like to go out with him now that Cohen was out of the picture.
(c) He wonders why Frances ever stayed with Cohn as long as she did.
(d) He wonders why Cohn allows Frances to talk to him in such an insulting manner and why he doesn't do something to stop her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mike feel about missing the fight and staying with Brett for the evening?
2. How does Jake feel after the fiesta and the bull fighting?
3. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
4. What did a Basque offer to Jake and Bill as they waited in the heat for the bus to leave for Burguete?
5. Why doesn't Brett want Jake to touch her?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)