Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
(a) She is indifferent to Jake.
(b) She is excited about leaving Jake and getting on with her life.
(c) She is happy and looking forward to her wedding to Michael.
(d) She is miserable and says she will not see Jake again.
2. What is the name of the religious festival celebrated on July 6?
(a) San Riau
(b) San Sombra
(c) San Pamplona
(d) San Fermin
3. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
(a) A bottle of wine
(b) His address
(c) A brandy and soda
(d) Fifty francs
4. What is the description Jake gives of the town of Bayonne?
(a) A smelly Spanish town with a rancid river running through it
(b) A nice Spanish town, very clean, on a large river
(c) A dirty Spanish town, cluttered with litter
(d) A gloomy Spanish town with dark, unkempt streets
5. What news does Frances Clyne reveal to Jake when she asks him to go with her to the Dome?
(a) She informs Jake that Cohn wants Jake to be his best man for their wedding.
(b) She tells Jake that Cohn does not want to marry her anymore and that he hasn't lived enough.
(c) She wants Jake to arrange a surprise bachelor party for Cohn.
(d) She tells Jake that she doesn't want Jake in the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Bill and Jake see in a taxi as they are walking down the street to a restaurant?
2. Bill Gorton says that Vienna "is a strange city". What city does he compare it to?
3. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
4. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
5. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)