Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
(a) That they avoid each other
(b) That they see other people
(c) That they live together
(d) That they get married
2. Bill lectures Jake about being an expatriate. What does he say has ruined Jake?
(a) Fake European standards
(b) Not enough exercise
(c) Too little caffeine
(d) Not enough reading
3. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
(a) As his fiancée
(b) As his cousin
(c) As a poule he picked up on the street
(d) As his sister
4. In a letter to Jake, what does Cohn tell Jake he has been doing in Hendaye?
(a) Going on long walks and hunting
(b) Gambling and drinking
(c) Having a quiet time, bathing, golfing, and playing bridge
(d) Bicycling and boating
5. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
(a) He threatens Jake and tells him to watch his tongue.
(b) He insults Jake, saying that he is not worth the trouble.
(c) He tells Jake that he doesn't want to see him again.
(d) He tells Jake that he is the best friend he has.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the Count when he received his wounds?
2. Why does the Count enjoy everything so much?
3. After five years of marriage, three children and spending close to fifty thousand dollars, what does Robert Cohn's rich wife do?
4. How does Jake react when Brett tells him she was in San Sebastian with Cohn?
5. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)