Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Jake lies in bed, what does he start thinking about that keeps him from sleeping?
(a) He thinks about the war injury he received in Italy and about what might have happened to the other men who were with him in the hospital.
(b) He thinks about all the work he has to do the next day and if he will meet his deadlines.
(c) He thinks about going on a trip to the bull-fights.
(d) He thinks about Robert Cohn and South America.
2. The Count boasts that he has been around. Where has he been?
(a) He has been in seven wars and four revolutions.
(b) He has traveled across America.
(c) He has been all over Europe.
(d) He has sailed around the world.
3. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
(a) He wants to buy a vacation home there for Frances.
(b) He is afraid his life is moving too fast and he is not really living it.
(c) He wants to research the area before taking Frances there.
(d) He wants to inquire into investing in coffee beans.
4. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
(a) She wouldn't like South America. She likes to be around a lot of people.
(b) She thinks South America is the wilderness.
(c) She is afraid to travel.
(d) She doesn't like foreign countries.
5. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Brett's response when the Count asks her to go to Biarritz, Cannes, or Monte Carlo?
2. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
3. What is the financial status of Robert Cohn's parents who reside in New York?
4. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
5. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)