|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
(a) Cohn is looking with adoration at his fiancée, Frances.
(b) Cohn is in awe of the night life in Paris.
(c) Cohn is eagerly looking at Lady Brett, hoping for a dance.
(d) Cohn is expectantly hoping for a night with Georgette.
2. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
(a) She wouldn't like South America. She likes to be around a lot of people.
(b) She thinks South America is the wilderness.
(c) She is afraid to travel.
(d) She doesn't like foreign countries.
3. Why doesn't Cohn want Jake talking about meeting the American girl in Strasbourg?
(a) Cohn is afraid Frances will be angry and jealous.
(b) Cohn is afraid Jake won't return to Paris.
(c) Cohn wants to stay in Paris.
(d) Cohn doesn't want Jake to get involved with a woman.
4. Why doesn't Brett want Jake to touch her?
(a) She has no feelings for him.
(b) She loves him and can't stand that they are unable to do anything about it.
(c) She loves someone else.
(d) She is not feeling well.
5. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
(a) He says that he has to go to South America. He just has to.
(b) He says that he doesn't want it to happen to him.
(c) He says that he can't do it. Nothing will make him do it.
(d) He says that his life is passing him by. He's losing his way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
2. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
3. What happens to Robert Cohn when his instructor, Spider Kelly overmatches him?
4. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
5. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)