Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
(a) You can't get away from yourself by traveling from place to place.
(b) Live your life now because you will be dead in thirty years.
(c) Don't waste your life staying in one place.
(d) Traveling is a great way to get away from your problems.
2. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
(a) Brett adds up the number of shoes she owns, buying a new pair every week.
(b) Brett enjoys it when more and more men become infatuated with her.
(c) Brett likes to hang all her dresses in color coordinated order.
(d) Brett adds up the number of brandies she drinks when she goes out.
3. Robert Cohn moves to California and uses the remainder of his fifty thousand dollars to back and become sole editor of what magazine?
(a) The Princeton Review
(b) The Fine Arts and Music Magazine
(c) The California Coastline
(d) Review of the Arts
4. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
(a) South America will help him live life and he doesn't like Paris.
(b) Going to see bull-fighters will spice up his life and getting married is necessary for a man.
(c) Everyone needs many children and live through your children.
(d) Dating many women is the thing to do and writing a novel is fulfilling.
5. Why doesn't Cohn want Jake talking about meeting the American girl in Strasbourg?
(a) Cohn is afraid Jake won't return to Paris.
(b) Cohn wants to stay in Paris.
(c) Cohn doesn't want Jake to get involved with a woman.
(d) Cohn is afraid Frances will be angry and jealous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
2. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
3. Robert Cohn is a Jewish man attending Princeton. How does this make him feel?
4. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
5. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)