|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bill and Jake sit down to eat lunch after fishing and have an amusing conversation about the different men they went to college with. Which men do they mention?
(a) Bishop Manning, Henry James, Fitzgerald, and Roosevelt
(b) Harris, Henry Ford, Roosevelt, and Wheeler
(c) Henry James, Abraham Lincoln, Grant, and Keats
(d) Bryan, Mencken, Frankie Fritsch, Bishop Manning, and Wayne Wheeler
2. Where do Jake and Bill decide to go after eating at Madame Lecomte's?
(a) To Robert Cohn's
(b) Back to Jake's flat
(c) Take a horse-cab around the city
(d) To the Select to see Brett and Mike Campbell
3. Why doesn't Jake eat at Madame Lecomte's restaurant very often?
(a) Too many of his fellow Americans go there
(b) He doesn't care for the menu.
(c) He prefers eating at home.
(d) He had an argument with the owner.
4. How does Jake react when Brett tells him she was in San Sebastian with Cohn?
(a) He is indifferent to the whole situation.
(b) He is nasty and sarcastic.
(c) His eyes tear up and his lip trembles.
(d) He tells Brett she cannot go to Pamplona.
5. In a letter to Jake, what does Cohn tell Jake he has been doing in Hendaye?
(a) Going on long walks and hunting
(b) Bicycling and boating
(c) Gambling and drinking
(d) Having a quiet time, bathing, golfing, and playing bridge
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
2. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
3. Bill Gorton says that Vienna "is a strange city". What city does he compare it to?
4. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
5. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)