|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of emotion do Jake and his friends feel after the bull fight is over?
(a) Disgusted and drained
(b) Excited and aggressive
(c) Subdued and disturbed
(d) Disturbed and elated
2. What do Jake, Bill and Cohn decide to do after Jake receives the telegram from Brett says she and Mike stopped in San Sebastian for the night?
(a) They decide to go to San Sebastian to meet Brett and Mike.
(b) They decide that Jake and Cohn will go on to Burgete, and Bill will wait for Brett.
(c) They decide to take the noon bus for Burguete.
(d) They decide to wait until the next day before they go to Burguete.
3. Why is Frances saying terrible, sarcastic comments to Cohn in front of Jake at the café?
(a) Frances resents the fact that Cohn gave her 200 pounds to go back to England and stay with friends.
(b) Frances is annoyed that Cohn will not let her go to England to visit friends.
(c) Frances is angry that Cohn made most of the wedding plans without her.
(d) Frances feels Cohn is too possessive of her.
4. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Braddocks and Cohn
(b) Brett and Georgette
(c) Cohn and Brett
(d) Woolsey and Krum
5. What is an aficionado?
(a) Someone who over indulges in wine
(b) A person who brings the bulls to the arena
(c) A woman who throws flowers at the bull-fights
(d) A person who is passionate about the bull-fights
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Count receive the wounds above his ribs?
2. What did it mean when the Basque said "Arriba" to Bill and Jake?
3. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
4. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
5. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)