|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
(a) He has to work nights.
(b) His budget won't allow him to go out much.
(c) It's hard getting out with a wife and children.
(d) He is too tired by the end of the work day.
2. What do Bill and Cohn make a bet over while eating at the Hotel Montoya?
(a) Bill bets Cohn fifty pesetas that Brett and Mike arrive that evening. Cohen says that they won't come.
(b) Cohn bets Bill that he will not last to the end of the brutal bull fights.
(c) Cohn bets Bill that he will not be able to finish all the courses of the Spanish meal.
(d) Cohn bets Bill one hundred pesetas that Brett and Mike will show up the next day.
3. Where was the Count when he received his wounds?
(a) Fighting in a revolution
(b) On a business trip
(c) On a naval ship
(d) In the Italian front
4. What news does Frances Clyne reveal to Jake when she asks him to go with her to the Dome?
(a) She wants Jake to arrange a surprise bachelor party for Cohn.
(b) She tells Jake that Cohn does not want to marry her anymore and that he hasn't lived enough.
(c) She tells Jake that she doesn't want Jake in the wedding.
(d) She informs Jake that Cohn wants Jake to be his best man for their wedding.
5. Bill lectures Jake about being an expatriate. What does he say has ruined Jake?
(a) Too little caffeine
(b) Not enough exercise
(c) Not enough reading
(d) Fake European standards
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the religious festival celebrated on July 6?
2. Why were workmen putting up gate-posts that shut off the side streets in Pamplona?
3. What will the spectators do on the morning of the first day of the bull fights?
4. Why do all the passengers sit on top of the bus before it leaves for Baguete?
5. Why is Frances saying terrible, sarcastic comments to Cohn in front of Jake at the café?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)