|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
(a) Harvey Stone
(b) Robert Cohn
(c) Brett Ashley
2. As Frances continues her tirade against Cohn, what does she think is the real reason why he won't marry her?
(a) He feels he is not good enough for her.
(b) His children would be hurt by the marriage.
(c) He wouldn't be able to hang out in the cafes as much.
(d) It would be romantic to say that he had a mistress for two years.
3. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
(a) He reads the French morning papers, smokes and sets to work on the typewriter.
(b) He has a cup of coffee and then decides to go home.
(c) He sits at his desk, wallowing in self-pity.
(d) He tries to concentrate on his typing, but can't hold a clear thought.
4. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
(a) He believes love if not what the poets says it is.
(b) He thinks love is for the birds.
(c) He thinks love is
(d) He says that being in love is fun and an enjoyable feeling.
5. What news does Frances Clyne reveal to Jake when she asks him to go with her to the Dome?
(a) She informs Jake that Cohn wants Jake to be his best man for their wedding.
(b) She tells Jake that she doesn't want Jake in the wedding.
(c) She tells Jake that Cohn does not want to marry her anymore and that he hasn't lived enough.
(d) She wants Jake to arrange a surprise bachelor party for Cohn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is an aficionado?
2. What is Brett's formal title?
3. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
4. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
5. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)