|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the concierge of Jake's flat changer her opinion of Brett?
(a) She sees that Brett is very nice, of a good family and very gentile.
(b) She discovers that Brett is rude, crude, and ignorant.
(c) She sees that Brett is from a low class family, penniless and a fortune hunter.
(d) She sees that Brett is a shrew who should be avoided.
2. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
(a) Pamplona's walls lead up to the town which has only a bull ring in its center.
(b) The walls of Pamplona rise out of the plain, then a brown cathedral and other churches. The mountains are all around.
(c) Pamplona is obscured by forests on a flat piece of land.
(d) Pamplona is on top of a high mountain with small huts around the perimeter.
3. When does Brett say she is going to marry Michael?
(a) As soon as he returns to Paris
(b) When he finds a better job
(c) When Michael's family gives them the money for the wedding
(d) As soon as they can get the divorce
4. What does Brett say she did while in San Sebastian?
(a) She visited all the cafes in the area.
(b) She went sun bathing at the beach.
(c) She never went out and didn't do anything.
(d) She prayed at the Basílica de Santa María del Coro.
5. What does Cohn decide when Brett sends him a letter saying he doesn't have to go on the trip to Spain with them?
(a) He says that he would rather not go.
(b) He decides to go anyway.
(c) He refuses to answer her letter.
(d) He asks Jake to tell Brett not to go on the trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
2. What is the view Jake and Bill have from the train as they pass through Landes?
3. What is an aficionado?
4. What is the name of the religious festival celebrated on July 6?
5. Bill lectures Jake about being an expatriate. What does he say has ruined Jake?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)