|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bill Gorton says that Vienna "is a strange city". What city does he compare it to?
(d) New York
2. What does Brett say about Cohn after she tells him that she and Jake want to be alone?
(a) She says that she is going away with Cohn for good.
(b) She says that she is leaving Mike for Cohn.
(c) She says that she is sick of him and he has behaved very badly.
(d) She says that she is very fond of him and that it could lead to something more.
3. What is Mike Campbell's financial situation?
(a) He has a small nest egg in the bank.
(b) He is in an undischarged bankruptcy.
(c) He is independently wealthy.
(d) He is a self-made millionaire.
4. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
(a) A walk along the Seinne
(b) To the Louvre
(c) To Foyot's
(d) To the dance club, bal musette
5. How does Jake feel about Robert Cohn after Brett does not show up on the train?
(a) He thinks Cohn is a good friend and has a pleasant attitude.
(b) He lets bygones be bygones and forgives Cohn for going to San Sebastian with Brett.
(c) Jake is unforgiving and jealous of Cohn. He hates him and wants to hurt him.
(d) He sympathizes with Cohn's disappointment when Brett doesn't show up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
2. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
3. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
4. What does Jake do to pass the time while he waits for Brett to meet him at the Hotel Crillon?
5. How long does the fiesta last?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)