|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do all the passengers sit on top of the bus before it leaves for Baguete?
(a) To get a better view of the town
(b) It is too smelly inside the bus.
(c) It is such a hot day; they sit on top of the bus and fan themselves.
(d) The inside of the bus is full of packages.
2. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
(a) To Brett's place
(b) Just driving around
(c) To Jake's place
(d) To a show
3. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
(a) He withdraws into himself, rarely going out.
(b) He wants to elope with Frances immediately.
(c) He is not so simple or so nice, and not as pleasant to have around.
(d) He knows he is deeply in love with Frances.
4. Jake says that the first meal in Spain is "always a shock". What does the meal consist of?
(a) Spicy beans with hot sauce, spicy vegetables, dried beef
(b) Poached eggs with cheese sauce, spicy beans, hot vegetable stew
(c) Rolled olive leaves, smoked fish, and spicy vegetables
(d) Hors d'oeuvres, an egg course, two meat courses, vegetables, salad, dessert and fruit with wine to wash it down
5. Where does Brett tell Jake she is going?
(b) San Sebastian
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
2. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
3. What is the view Jake and Bill have from the train as they pass through Landes?
4. What does Jake do when Georgette touches him while they are driving in the horse-cab?
5. What does Bill reveal to Jake after they finish bantering about Henry's bicycle?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)