|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
(a) He helps Jake sort out carbons.
(b) He looks out the window at the Paris streets.
(c) He reads papers and falls asleep.
(d) He stuffs manila envelopes for Jake.
2. What excuses do Brett and Jake give when the Count suggests that they get married?
(a) They say that they don't want to be tied down and are only friends.
(b) They say that they want to live their own lives and have their careers.
(c) They say that they are incompatible and argue too much.
(d) They say that they are not the marrying kind and are not ready to settle down.
3. What are the two pieces of mail that Jakes picks up from the concierge when he returns to his flat?
(a) A bank statement and a wedding invitation
(b) A college commencement invitation and a letter from Brett
(c) A letter from his brother in America and a bank statement
(d) A postcard from an army buddy and a letter from his sister
4. What is Mike Campbell's financial situation?
(a) He has a small nest egg in the bank.
(b) He is a self-made millionaire.
(c) He is in an undischarged bankruptcy.
(d) He is independently wealthy.
5. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
(a) She's nice and her name is Lady Ashley. She is getting a divorce, so she can marry someone named Mike Campbell.
(b) She is not worth the time of day. Stay away from her.
(c) She will hurt you if you try to get close.
(d) He doesn't have anything to say about her. He doesn't want to discuss it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Robert Cohn feeling while he and Jake wait for Brett's train to arrive?
2. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
3. What did Frances say that Robert did to his secretary at Frances' request?
4. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
5. Did Jake and Bill have any luck fishing after their long hike into the valley of the Rio de la Fabrica?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)