|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bill lectures Jake about being an expatriate. What does he say has ruined Jake?
(a) Not enough reading
(b) Fake European standards
(c) Too little caffeine
(d) Not enough exercise
2. What does Jake read after putting on his pajamas and getting into bed?
(a) He reads
(b) He reads the New York Times which he has delivered to him from America.
(c) He reads the Paris daily newspaper.
(d) He reads a few pages of a novel, hoping it will put him to sleep.
3. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
(a) She wouldn't like South America. She likes to be around a lot of people.
(b) She thinks South America is the wilderness.
(c) She is afraid to travel.
(d) She doesn't like foreign countries.
4. Who do Jake and Bill share their train compartment with?
(a) Two soldiers from America
(b) An American man, his wife, and their young son
(c) Count Mippipopolous
(d) Two single women traveling alone
5. What does Bill reveal to Jake after they finish bantering about Henry's bicycle?
(a) He says that Jake is too sensitive.
(b) He says that Jake is a good guy and Bill is fonder of him than anyone else.
(c) He says that Jake is more annoying than anyone else he knows.
(d) He says that Jake needs to stop being such a whiner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
2. What fortune does Brett give to Pedro Romero when she reads his palm?
3. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
4. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
5. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)