|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the procedure to cross the border from France into Spain?
(a) The Spanish carabineers empty every bag and check the passport.
(b) The Spanish carabineers do not bother with the bags, but check the passport.
(c) The Spanish carabineers open one bag and look at the passport.
(d) The Spanish carabineers do a full body search on each traveler and check the passport.
2. How long does the fiesta last?
(a) Day and night for three days
(b) Day and night for seven days
(c) One day and night
(d) Only daytime celebrations for seven days
3. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
(a) He tries to concentrate on his typing, but can't hold a clear thought.
(b) He has a cup of coffee and then decides to go home.
(c) He reads the French morning papers, smokes and sets to work on the typewriter.
(d) He sits at his desk, wallowing in self-pity.
4. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
(a) To the Louvre
(b) A walk along the Seinne
(c) To Foyot's
(d) To the dance club, bal musette
5. Why does Frances tell Robert not to have scenes with his young ladies?
(a) He will cry and not be able to remember what was said.
(b) He will be seen as a hard-hearted writer.
(c) He will turn his readers against him.
(d) He will upset the ladies so much, they will cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
2. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
3. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
4. Bill and Jake sit down to eat lunch after fishing and have an amusing conversation about the different men they went to college with. Which men do they mention?
5. What is Mike assigned to bring to Pamplona?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)