|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bill and Jake sit down to eat lunch after fishing and have an amusing conversation about the different men they went to college with. Which men do they mention?
(a) Harris, Henry Ford, Roosevelt, and Wheeler
(b) Bishop Manning, Henry James, Fitzgerald, and Roosevelt
(c) Bryan, Mencken, Frankie Fritsch, Bishop Manning, and Wayne Wheeler
(d) Henry James, Abraham Lincoln, Grant, and Keats
2. Why does the concierge of Jake's flat changer her opinion of Brett?
(a) She sees that Brett is very nice, of a good family and very gentile.
(b) She discovers that Brett is rude, crude, and ignorant.
(c) She sees that Brett is a shrew who should be avoided.
(d) She sees that Brett is from a low class family, penniless and a fortune hunter.
3. Where does Brett tell Jake she is going?
(c) San Sebastian
4. What does Bill tell Jake he should be the minute he gets up in the morning?
(a) Adamant and angry
(b) Comical and nonchalant
(c) Serious and ready to work
(d) Ironical and full of pity
5. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
(a) Pedro Iruna
(b) Pedro Romero
(c) Señor Gayarra
(d) Jose Fermin
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cohn's reaction when Mike starts toward him from around the table to start a fight over Brett?
2. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
3. What does Jake do when Georgette touches him while they are driving in the horse-cab?
4. Why were workmen putting up gate-posts that shut off the side streets in Pamplona?
5. What is the mood of Jake, Brett, and Cohn on the day before the fiesta?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)