|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brett's formal title?
(a) Duchess Ashley
(b) Mon Cherie Brett
(c) Lady Ashley
(d) Countess Ashley
2. What news does Frances Clyne reveal to Jake when she asks him to go with her to the Dome?
(a) She informs Jake that Cohn wants Jake to be his best man for their wedding.
(b) She wants Jake to arrange a surprise bachelor party for Cohn.
(c) She tells Jake that she doesn't want Jake in the wedding.
(d) She tells Jake that Cohn does not want to marry her anymore and that he hasn't lived enough.
3. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
(a) Brett adds up the number of brandies she drinks when she goes out.
(b) Brett adds up the number of shoes she owns, buying a new pair every week.
(c) Brett enjoys it when more and more men become infatuated with her.
(d) Brett likes to hang all her dresses in color coordinated order.
4. How does dinner with Brett, Mike, Cohn, and Bill remind Jake of dinners during the war?
(a) There are arguments, hurt feelings, and fear.
(b) There is wine, ignored tension, and foreboding of what is to come.
(c) There is camaraderie between friends.
(d) There is a feeling that it will be their last dinner together.
5. Why does Jake give Harvey some money?
(a) Harvey has been threatened by debt collectors.
(b) Jake wants Harvey to place a bet for him with his bookie.
(c) Harvey hasn't eaten in five days, wants to be alone and doesn't care if he eats.
(d) Jake wants him to use the money to find a flat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake says that the first meal in Spain is "always a shock". What does the meal consist of?
2. How does Pedro Romero's bull fighting invoke emotion in the crowd?
3. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
4. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
5. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)