|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake feels he did not give an accurate picture of Robert Cohn. What does he add to his description of Cohn?
(a) Cohn is a conceited, self-centered man who is a sore loser at tennis.
(b) Cohn is an excellent tennis player with a good, athletic body. He is nice to other people, cheerful and didn't get angry when beaten in tennis.
(c) Cohn insults other people constantly, looking for ways to start arguments.
(d) Cohn is superficial, only caring about what he wears and how he looks.
2. What is an aficionado?
(a) Someone who over indulges in wine
(b) A woman who throws flowers at the bull-fights
(c) A person who brings the bulls to the arena
(d) A person who is passionate about the bull-fights
3. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
(a) Portraits of famous visitors to the hotel
(b) Bull-fighting paintings
(c) Spanish landscapes
(d) Dead rabbits, dead pheasants, and dead ducks
4. Why does the concierge of Jake's flat changer her opinion of Brett?
(a) She discovers that Brett is rude, crude, and ignorant.
(b) She sees that Brett is from a low class family, penniless and a fortune hunter.
(c) She sees that Brett is very nice, of a good family and very gentile.
(d) She sees that Brett is a shrew who should be avoided.
5. What is Mike assigned to bring to Pamplona?
(a) Extra money for playing bridge
(b) Extra money for the nightlife
(c) Two rods with reels, lines and flies
(d) A case of wine
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bill tell Jake the secret to success is?
2. What is morality, according to Jake?
3. As Jake, Bill, and Cohen drive across the plain to Pamplona, what is their first view of the town?
4. The Count boasts that he has been around. Where has he been?
5. What are Jake and Bill Gorton planning to do during their trip to Spain?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)