|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it called when the bulls are let into the corral with the steers?
2. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
(a) She is not worth the time of day. Stay away from her.
(b) She's nice and her name is Lady Ashley. She is getting a divorce, so she can marry someone named Mike Campbell.
(c) She will hurt you if you try to get close.
(d) He doesn't have anything to say about her. He doesn't want to discuss it.
3. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
(a) As a poule he picked up on the street
(b) As his fiancée
(c) As his sister
(d) As his cousin
4. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
(a) Brett Ashley
(c) Robert Cohn
5. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
(a) He reads papers and falls asleep.
(b) He helps Jake sort out carbons.
(c) He stuffs manila envelopes for Jake.
(d) He looks out the window at the Paris streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did it mean when the Basque said "Arriba" to Bill and Jake?
2. What is Brett's formal title?
3. What excuses do Brett and Jake give when the Count suggests that they get married?
4. How does dinner with Brett, Mike, Cohn, and Bill remind Jake of dinners during the war?
5. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)