|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Jake eat at Madame Lecomte's restaurant very often?
(a) He had an argument with the owner.
(b) He doesn't care for the menu.
(c) Too many of his fellow Americans go there
(d) He prefers eating at home.
2. What does Cohn decide when Brett sends him a letter saying he doesn't have to go on the trip to Spain with them?
(a) He refuses to answer her letter.
(b) He says that he would rather not go.
(c) He asks Jake to tell Brett not to go on the trip.
(d) He decides to go anyway.
3. Bill Gorton says that Vienna "is a strange city". What city does he compare it to?
(a) New York
4. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
(b) South America
5. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
(a) To Foyot's
(b) To the dance club, bal musette
(c) To the Louvre
(d) A walk along the Seinne
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
2. What does Jake read after putting on his pajamas and getting into bed?
3. Bill and Jake sit down to eat lunch after fishing and have an amusing conversation about the different men they went to college with. Which men do they mention?
4. What did Frances say that Robert did to his secretary at Frances' request?
5. Who do Jake and Bill share their train compartment with?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)