|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What words does Mike repeat to describe Brett to Jake and Bill?
(a) A bountiful beauty
(b) A lovely piece
(c) A lovely rose
(d) A raving beauty
2. What is one of the methods smugglers use to cross from France into Spain?
(a) They wade across the stream.
(b) They try to convince other travelers to hide them in their vehicles.
(c) They wait for nightfall and sneak through the Spanish frontier.
(d) They take boats down the stream.
3. Why does Frances tell Robert not to have scenes with his young ladies?
(a) He will cry and not be able to remember what was said.
(b) He will be seen as a hard-hearted writer.
(c) He will turn his readers against him.
(d) He will upset the ladies so much, they will cry.
4. Who do Jake and Bill share their train compartment with?
(a) Two soldiers from America
(b) An American man, his wife, and their young son
(c) Count Mippipopolous
(d) Two single women traveling alone
5. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
(a) Dating many women is the thing to do and writing a novel is fulfilling.
(b) Everyone needs many children and live through your children.
(c) South America will help him live life and he doesn't like Paris.
(d) Going to see bull-fighters will spice up his life and getting married is necessary for a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake feels he did not give an accurate picture of Robert Cohn. What does he add to his description of Cohn?
2. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
3. What is Brett's reaction when Jake kisses her in the taxi?
4. How does Mike compare Cohn to a steer?
5. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)