|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Count enjoy everything so much?
(a) Because he has so many friends
(b) Because he has lived a full life and gotten to know the values, so he can enjoy everything.
(c) Because he is always drunk
(d) Because he has plenty of money to spend
2. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
(a) Brett enjoys it when more and more men become infatuated with her.
(b) Brett adds up the number of shoes she owns, buying a new pair every week.
(c) Brett adds up the number of brandies she drinks when she goes out.
(d) Brett likes to hang all her dresses in color coordinated order.
3. How is Robert Cohn feeling while he and Jake wait for Brett's train to arrive?
(a) He is relaxed and pleasant.
(b) He is feverish and shaky.
(c) He is extremely nervous and eager.
(d) He is nonchalant.
4. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(a) African safari hunters
(d) Horse racers
5. What is the condition of the countryside in the Basque country?
(a) Overdeveloped land with many roads and vehicles
(b) Barren, forgettable countryside with small, dirty villages
(c) The land is very rich and green with houses in good, clean condition.
(d) Dry, infertile land with small thatched huts scattered throughout
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of emotion do Jake and his friends feel after the bull fight is over?
2. What is Jake's philosophy that everything that is good has to be paid for?
3. What is Cohn's response when Bill suggests that he not look at the horses when the bull gores them?
4. What is the weather like when Jake and Bill arrive in Burguete?
5. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)