|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did a Basque offer to Jake and Bill as they waited in the heat for the bus to leave for Burguete?
(a) Fruit from a wicker basket
(b) Goat's milk
(c) A drink from a big leather wine bag
(d) Raw meat wrapped in grape leaves
2. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
3. What advice does Bill give Jake about dreaming after they wake up from their afternoon nap?
(a) Don't pay any attention to dreams. They don't have any meaning.
(b) Dreaming eases the burdens of the day.
(c) Dreaming is for children.
(d) Jake should dream because all the successful businessmen are dreamers.
4. How does Jake react when Brett tells him she was in San Sebastian with Cohn?
(a) He tells Brett she cannot go to Pamplona.
(b) He is indifferent to the whole situation.
(c) His eyes tear up and his lip trembles.
(d) He is nasty and sarcastic.
5. Why does Jake give Harvey some money?
(a) Jake wants him to use the money to find a flat.
(b) Harvey has been threatened by debt collectors.
(c) Jake wants Harvey to place a bet for him with his bookie.
(d) Harvey hasn't eaten in five days, wants to be alone and doesn't care if he eats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brett say she did while in San Sebastian?
2. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
3. What is the name of the hotel that Jake, Bill and Cohen stay at in Pamplona?
4. Why do all the passengers sit on top of the bus before it leaves for Baguete?
5. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)