|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cohn's reaction when Mike starts toward him from around the table to start a fight over Brett?
(a) Cohn hides behind Jake, asking him to stop Mike.
(b) Cohn mumbles something and leaves the hotel.
(c) Cohn backs up a few steps, then turns and runs.
(d) Cohn waits proudly and firmly for Mike to assault him. He wants to show he will fight for Brett.
2. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Braddocks and Cohn
(b) Cohn and Brett
(c) Woolsey and Krum
(d) Brett and Georgette
3. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
(a) The religious rebirth of an American boxer
(b) How to become a magnet for wealth and success
(c) The imaginary, amorous adventures of an Englishman in a romantic land
(d) The financial and personal success of an entrepreneur in Europe
4. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
5. What is an aficionado?
(a) Someone who over indulges in wine
(b) A woman who throws flowers at the bull-fights
(c) A person who brings the bulls to the arena
(d) A person who is passionate about the bull-fights
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Brett want Jake to touch her?
2. Jake, Bill and their traveling companions in the train compartment talk about fishing trips. What comment does the American wife make about men?
3. Who has a cab waiting for Jake and Bill as they get off the train?
4. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
5. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)