|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
(a) Harvey Stone
(b) Brett Ashley
(c) Robert Cohn
2. Who do Bill and Jake see in a taxi as they are walking down the street to a restaurant?
(a) Lady Brett Ashley
(b) Robert Cohn
(c) Mike Campbell
(d) Harvey Stone
3. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
(a) That they see other people
(b) That they avoid each other
(c) That they live together
(d) That they get married
4. How does Mike compare Cohn to a steer?
(a) He says that Robert can be sacrificed like a steer.
(b) He says that like a steer, Robert lives a quiet life, never has to say anything, and hangs around Brett where he is not wanted.
(c) He says that Robert is aggressive just like a steer, chasing after Brett.
(d) He says that Robert is always trying to keep the peace like a steer.
5. There are seven cars on the train full of Catholic Americans from Dayton, Ohio. Where are they headed?
(a) They are going to the bull-fights in Spain.
(b) They are touring the basilicas in Spain.
(c) They are on a pilgrimage to Rome, Biarritz, and Lourdes.
(d) They are planning a fishing trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term used for the hour after dinner when the pretty girls, officers from the garrison, and the fashionable people walk in the square of Pamplona and the cafes fill up?
2. What news does Frances Clyne reveal to Jake when she asks him to go with her to the Dome?
3. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
4. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
5. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)