|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
2. What is the name of the bull fighter that Montoya introduces to Jake and Bill?
(a) Pedro Romero
(b) Jose Fermin
(c) Señor Gayarra
(d) Pedro Iruna
3. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
(b) He is sick of Paris.
(c) He considers Paris his home.
(d) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
4. Jake, Bill and their traveling companions in the train compartment talk about fishing trips. What comment does the American wife make about men?
(a) She says that only a few men get drunk on a regular basis.
(b) She says that most men are self-disciplined and decent.
(c) She implies that men get out of control if there is liquor around.
(d) She says that most men voted for prohibition.
5. What does Brett say she did while in San Sebastian?
(a) She never went out and didn't do anything.
(b) She prayed at the Basílica de Santa María del Coro.
(c) She went sun bathing at the beach.
(d) She visited all the cafes in the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Jake watches Brett walk up the street from his flat and get into the Count's limousine, what is he thinking?
2. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
3. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
4. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
5. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)