|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) He considers Paris his home.
(b) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
(c) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
(d) He is sick of Paris.
2. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
(a) He sits at his desk, wallowing in self-pity.
(b) He has a cup of coffee and then decides to go home.
(c) He tries to concentrate on his typing, but can't hold a clear thought.
(d) He reads the French morning papers, smokes and sets to work on the typewriter.
3. Why is Frances saying terrible, sarcastic comments to Cohn in front of Jake at the café?
(a) Frances resents the fact that Cohn gave her 200 pounds to go back to England and stay with friends.
(b) Frances is angry that Cohn made most of the wedding plans without her.
(c) Frances is annoyed that Cohn will not let her go to England to visit friends.
(d) Frances feels Cohn is too possessive of her.
4. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
(a) He says that being in love is fun and an enjoyable feeling.
(b) He thinks love is for the birds.
(c) He believes love if not what the poets says it is.
(d) He thinks love is
5. What is Brett's reaction when Jake kisses her in the taxi?
(a) She moves to the corner of the seat, far away from Jake and puts her head down.
(b) She pushes closer to Jake, putting her arms around him.
(c) She acts pleasantly surprised.
(d) She asks him to kiss her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
2. What did Frances say that Robert did to his secretary at Frances' request?
3. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
4. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
5. As Frances continues her tirade against Cohn, what does she think is the real reason why he won't marry her?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)