|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Brett want Jake to touch her?
(a) She is not feeling well.
(b) She loves him and can't stand that they are unable to do anything about it.
(c) She loves someone else.
(d) She has no feelings for him.
2. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
(a) He is too tired by the end of the work day.
(b) His budget won't allow him to go out much.
(c) He has to work nights.
(d) It's hard getting out with a wife and children.
3. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
(a) Brett adds up the number of brandies she drinks when she goes out.
(b) Brett enjoys it when more and more men become infatuated with her.
(c) Brett likes to hang all her dresses in color coordinated order.
(d) Brett adds up the number of shoes she owns, buying a new pair every week.
4. Why does Frances tell Robert not to have scenes with his young ladies?
(a) He will turn his readers against him.
(b) He will upset the ladies so much, they will cry.
(c) He will be seen as a hard-hearted writer.
(d) He will cry and not be able to remember what was said.
5. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Brett and Georgette
(b) Cohn and Brett
(c) Braddocks and Cohn
(d) Woolsey and Krum
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
2. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
3. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
4. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
5. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)