|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
(a) He wants to research the area before taking Frances there.
(b) He wants to buy a vacation home there for Frances.
(c) He is afraid his life is moving too fast and he is not really living it.
(d) He wants to inquire into investing in coffee beans.
2. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
(a) Cohn is in awe of the night life in Paris.
(b) Cohn is looking with adoration at his fiancée, Frances.
(c) Cohn is expectantly hoping for a night with Georgette.
(d) Cohn is eagerly looking at Lady Brett, hoping for a dance.
3. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
(a) Brett enjoys it when more and more men become infatuated with her.
(b) Brett adds up the number of shoes she owns, buying a new pair every week.
(c) Brett likes to hang all her dresses in color coordinated order.
(d) Brett adds up the number of brandies she drinks when she goes out.
4. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
(a) They tell him not to think about it.
(b) They say it is better than getting killed.
(c) They tell him it is not important and he shouldn't worry about it.
(d) They tell him he is lucky; it could have been worse.
5. As Jake watches Brett walk up the street from his flat and get into the Count's limousine, what is he thinking?
(a) He thinks that it is easy to be brave and ignore things in the daytime, but at night, all the worries and heartache returns.
(b) He thinks that he should be getting back to bed.
(c) He thinks that he should have gone with Brett when she offered to bring him to Zelli's.
(d) He wonders what it would be like if he was able to have a normal relationship with Brett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
2. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
3. What does Jake read after putting on his pajamas and getting into bed?
4. What advice does Jake give to Robert Cohn when they go to the café below Jakes office?
5. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)