|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Frances continues her tirade against Cohn, what does she think is the real reason why he won't marry her?
(a) He feels he is not good enough for her.
(b) He wouldn't be able to hang out in the cafes as much.
(c) His children would be hurt by the marriage.
(d) It would be romantic to say that he had a mistress for two years.
2. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
(a) He says that all is going well and he is half way through his second book.
(b) He says that he can't seem to get started on his second book and he is worried.
(c) He says that he has decided not to write anymore.
(d) He says that his writing is speeding along and he is on the final chapter.
3. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
(a) In love
4. What news does Frances Clyne reveal to Jake when she asks him to go with her to the Dome?
(a) She tells Jake that Cohn does not want to marry her anymore and that he hasn't lived enough.
(b) She wants Jake to arrange a surprise bachelor party for Cohn.
(c) She tells Jake that she doesn't want Jake in the wedding.
(d) She informs Jake that Cohn wants Jake to be his best man for their wedding.
5. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Braddocks and Cohn
(b) Brett and Georgette
(c) Cohn and Brett
(d) Woolsey and Krum
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
2. What does Jake do to pass the time while he waits for Brett to meet him at the Hotel Crillon?
3. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
4. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
5. What are the two pieces of mail that Jakes picks up from the concierge when he returns to his flat?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)