|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Harvey's opinion of Robert Cohn?
(a) He is a moron.
(b) He is a wonderful novelist.
(c) He is a trustworthy friend.
(d) He is a witty, humorous man.
2. Why does Jake give Harvey some money?
(a) Jake wants Harvey to place a bet for him with his bookie.
(b) Harvey has been threatened by debt collectors.
(c) Harvey hasn't eaten in five days, wants to be alone and doesn't care if he eats.
(d) Jake wants him to use the money to find a flat.
3. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He has a girlfriend.
(b) He was hurt in the war.
(c) He had too much to drink.
(d) He is afraid of catching something from her.
4. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
(a) He thinks she looks down and out and could use a good meal.
(b) He feels sorry for her and hopes to talk her into a different lifestyle.
(c) He thinks it would be nice to eat with someone.
(d) He hopes it will lead to a more intimate time later in the evening.
5. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
(a) To Brett's place
(b) To a show
(c) Just driving around
(d) To Jake's place
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
2. What does Jake do to pass the time while he waits for Brett to meet him at the Hotel Crillon?
3. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
4. Jake and Cohn get into an argument during lunch. What is the argument about?
5. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)