|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
(a) A walk along the Seinne
(b) To the dance club, bal musette
(c) To the Louvre
(d) To Foyot's
2. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He had too much to drink.
(b) He was hurt in the war.
(c) He has a girlfriend.
(d) He is afraid of catching something from her.
3. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
(a) Count Mippipopolous
(b) Marshal Ney
(c) Aloysius Kirby
(d) Robert Cohn
4. Why doesn't Brett want Jake to touch her?
(a) She has no feelings for him.
(b) She loves someone else.
(c) She loves him and can't stand that they are unable to do anything about it.
(d) She is not feeling well.
5. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
(a) He threatens Jake and tells him to watch his tongue.
(b) He tells Jake that he doesn't want to see him again.
(c) He insults Jake, saying that he is not worth the trouble.
(d) He tells Jake that he is the best friend he has.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake do to pass the time while he waits for Brett to meet him at the Hotel Crillon?
2. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
3. Why does Frances tell Robert not to have scenes with his young ladies?
4. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
5. What is Brett's response when the Count asks her to go to Biarritz, Cannes, or Monte Carlo?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)