|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two pieces of mail that Jakes picks up from the concierge when he returns to his flat?
(a) A bank statement and a wedding invitation
(b) A letter from his brother in America and a bank statement
(c) A college commencement invitation and a letter from Brett
(d) A postcard from an army buddy and a letter from his sister
2. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
(b) Brett Ashley
(d) Robert Cohn
3. What is Harvey's opinion of Robert Cohn?
(a) He is a wonderful novelist.
(b) He is a witty, humorous man.
(c) He is a moron.
(d) He is a trustworthy friend.
4. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(a) Horse racers
(b) African safari hunters
5. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
(a) She is afraid to travel.
(b) She thinks South America is the wilderness.
(c) She doesn't like foreign countries.
(d) She wouldn't like South America. She likes to be around a lot of people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frances tell Robert not to have scenes with his young ladies?
2. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
3. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
4. What does Jake do when Georgette touches him while they are driving in the horse-cab?
5. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)