|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brett's response when the Count asks her to go to Biarritz, Cannes, or Monte Carlo?
(a) She says that she knows too many people everywhere and she is in love with Jake.
(b) She says that she would be delighted to go to all those places.
(c) She says that she cannot go because Cohn would be upset.
(d) She says that she would rather go to America with him.
2. What does Robert Cohn do while Jake works for two hours in the office?
(a) He stuffs manila envelopes for Jake.
(b) He reads papers and falls asleep.
(c) He looks out the window at the Paris streets.
(d) He helps Jake sort out carbons.
3. As Jake watches Brett walk up the street from his flat and get into the Count's limousine, what is he thinking?
(a) He wonders what it would be like if he was able to have a normal relationship with Brett.
(b) He thinks that it is easy to be brave and ignore things in the daytime, but at night, all the worries and heartache returns.
(c) He thinks that he should be getting back to bed.
(d) He thinks that he should have gone with Brett when she offered to bring him to Zelli's.
4. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He had too much to drink.
(b) He has a girlfriend.
(c) He was hurt in the war.
(d) He is afraid of catching something from her.
5. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
(a) He tells Jake that he doesn't want to see him again.
(b) He insults Jake, saying that he is not worth the trouble.
(c) He tells Jake that he is the best friend he has.
(d) He threatens Jake and tells him to watch his tongue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
2. What does Jake read after putting on his pajamas and getting into bed?
3. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
4. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
5. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)