|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
(a) She is afraid to travel.
(b) She wouldn't like South America. She likes to be around a lot of people.
(c) She thinks South America is the wilderness.
(d) She doesn't like foreign countries.
2. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
(a) He blames his attitude on his war injury.
(b) He says that he had a rough night and isn't thinking straight.
(c) He says that he is only telling the truth.
(d) He explains that he has a nasty tongue but he doesn't mean what he says.
3. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He had too much to drink.
(b) He is afraid of catching something from her.
(c) He has a girlfriend.
(d) He was hurt in the war.
4. Who does Jake say are the only people who live their lives to the fullest?
(a) African safari hunters
(d) Horse racers
5. Why does Jake give Harvey some money?
(a) Jake wants him to use the money to find a flat.
(b) Harvey has been threatened by debt collectors.
(c) Harvey hasn't eaten in five days, wants to be alone and doesn't care if he eats.
(d) Jake wants Harvey to place a bet for him with his bookie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
2. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
3. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
4. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
5. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)