|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake feels he did not give an accurate picture of Robert Cohn. What does he add to his description of Cohn?
(a) Cohn is a conceited, self-centered man who is a sore loser at tennis.
(b) Cohn is superficial, only caring about what he wears and how he looks.
(c) Cohn is an excellent tennis player with a good, athletic body. He is nice to other people, cheerful and didn't get angry when beaten in tennis.
(d) Cohn insults other people constantly, looking for ways to start arguments.
2. Who does Brett's friend, Zizi, introduce her to when she and Jake go into the Café Select?
(a) Count Mippipopolous
(b) Robert Cohn
(c) Marshal Ney
(d) Aloysius Kirby
3. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
(a) They say it is better than getting killed.
(b) They tell him he is lucky; it could have been worse.
(c) They tell him not to think about it.
(d) They tell him it is not important and he shouldn't worry about it.
4. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
(a) Dating many women is the thing to do and writing a novel is fulfilling.
(b) South America will help him live life and he doesn't like Paris.
(c) Everyone needs many children and live through your children.
(d) Going to see bull-fighters will spice up his life and getting married is necessary for a man.
5. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jake do to pass the time while he waits for Brett to meet him at the Hotel Crillon?
2. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
3. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
4. What are the two pieces of mail that Jakes picks up from the concierge when he returns to his flat?
5. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)