|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Robert Cohn so anxious to go to South America with Jake?
(a) He wants to inquire into investing in coffee beans.
(b) He wants to research the area before taking Frances there.
(c) He wants to buy a vacation home there for Frances.
(d) He is afraid his life is moving too fast and he is not really living it.
2. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
(a) Robert Cohn
(b) Harvey Stone
(c) Brett Ashley
3. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
(a) He says that all is going well and he is half way through his second book.
(b) He says that he has decided not to write anymore.
(c) He says that he can't seem to get started on his second book and he is worried.
(d) He says that his writing is speeding along and he is on the final chapter.
4. What is Jake's reply when Cohn asks him if he is worried about his life passing him by?
(a) Jake says that he is worried and depressed.
(b) Jake says that he is through with worrying.
(c) Jake says that sometimes it bothers him.
(d) Jake says that he is always worried about it.
5. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Cohn and Brett
(b) Brett and Georgette
(c) Braddocks and Cohn
(d) Woolsey and Krum
Short Answer Questions
1. Robert Cohn falls asleep in Jakes office and talks in his sleep. What does he say?
2. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
3. What advice do people offer Jake about his war injury that he resents so much?
4. Robert Cohen changes his lifestyle after reading "The Purple Land" by W. H. Hudson. What is the theme of this novel?
5. What are the two ideas Robert Cohn gets from W. H. Hudson's novel, "The Purple Land"?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)