|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Brett doesn't show up at the Hotel Crillon, Jake takes a cab to the Select. Who asks him to sit down when he arrives?
(b) Harvey Stone
(c) Robert Cohn
(d) Brett Ashley
2. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
(a) His novel is accepted at a publishing company in America.
(b) He wants to see his children.
(c) He teaches a literary class at Princeton.
(d) He goes to visit his mother.
3. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
(a) Just driving around
(b) To Brett's place
(c) To Jake's place
(d) To a show
4. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
(a) He met her in a bar in America.
(b) They met while on a cruise to England.
(c) He first saw her in a café in Paris.
(d) She was a V.A.D. in a hospital he was in during the war.
5. Jake feels he did not give an accurate picture of Robert Cohn. What does he add to his description of Cohn?
(a) Cohn is a conceited, self-centered man who is a sore loser at tennis.
(b) Cohn is an excellent tennis player with a good, athletic body. He is nice to other people, cheerful and didn't get angry when beaten in tennis.
(c) Cohn is superficial, only caring about what he wears and how he looks.
(d) Cohn insults other people constantly, looking for ways to start arguments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
2. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
3. What does Jake read after putting on his pajamas and getting into bed?
4. What news does Frances Clyne reveal to Jake when she asks him to go with her to the Dome?
5. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)