|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
(a) She is afraid to travel.
(b) She doesn't like foreign countries.
(c) She wouldn't like South America. She likes to be around a lot of people.
(d) She thinks South America is the wilderness.
2. What are the two pieces of mail that Jakes picks up from the concierge when he returns to his flat?
(a) A college commencement invitation and a letter from Brett
(b) A postcard from an army buddy and a letter from his sister
(c) A letter from his brother in America and a bank statement
(d) A bank statement and a wedding invitation
3. Where does Jake think Robert Cohn gets his dislike of Paris?
(a) From the opinionated writings of Mencken
(b) From cultural discussions with Braddocks
(c) From negative experiences he has had
(d) From Fances's bad attitude toward Paris
4. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
(a) He tells Jake that he is the best friend he has.
(b) He threatens Jake and tells him to watch his tongue.
(c) He insults Jake, saying that he is not worth the trouble.
(d) He tells Jake that he doesn't want to see him again.
5. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
(a) He met her in a bar in America.
(b) She was a V.A.D. in a hospital he was in during the war.
(c) They met while on a cruise to England.
(d) He first saw her in a café in Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jake describe being in love to Brett?
2. When Robert Cohn returns to Paris from America, he is a changed man. In what way does he change?
3. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
4. Jake is awakened at 4:30 in the morning by a loud voice downstairs arguing with the concierge. Who comes looking for him at his flat?
5. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)