|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
(a) She will hurt you if you try to get close.
(b) She's nice and her name is Lady Ashley. She is getting a divorce, so she can marry someone named Mike Campbell.
(c) He doesn't have anything to say about her. He doesn't want to discuss it.
(d) She is not worth the time of day. Stay away from her.
2. Why doesn't Brett want Jake to touch her?
(a) She has no feelings for him.
(b) She loves someone else.
(c) She is not feeling well.
(d) She loves him and can't stand that they are unable to do anything about it.
3. What does Robert Cohn think about Paris after returning from America?
(a) He considers Paris his home.
(b) Paris is one of his favorite cities.
(c) He loves Paris and never wants to leave.
(d) He is sick of Paris.
4. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
(a) A brandy and soda
(b) His address
(c) Fifty francs
(d) A bottle of wine
5. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
2. What is Brett's reaction when Jake kisses her in the taxi?
3. Robert Cohn offers to pay Jake's expenses if he will go to what __place with him?
4. Why does Robert Cohn go to America after three years in Europe?
5. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)