|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jake react when Brett tells him she was in San Sebastian with Cohn?
(a) He is indifferent to the whole situation.
(b) His eyes tear up and his lip trembles.
(c) He tells Brett she cannot go to Pamplona.
(d) He is nasty and sarcastic.
2. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He has a girlfriend.
(b) He is afraid of catching something from her.
(c) He had too much to drink.
(d) He was hurt in the war.
3. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
(a) Cohn is eagerly looking at Lady Brett, hoping for a dance.
(b) Cohn is in awe of the night life in Paris.
(c) Cohn is looking with adoration at his fiancée, Frances.
(d) Cohn is expectantly hoping for a night with Georgette.
4. What part of the countryside did Jake's bus travel after stopping at the posada to drop off packages?
(a) Through farming country with rocky hills
(b) Through the crowded city streets
(c) Through a soot covered mill town
(d) Through rough, rocky plains
5. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
(a) She is miserable and says she will not see Jake again.
(b) She is indifferent to Jake.
(c) She is happy and looking forward to her wedding to Michael.
(d) She is excited about leaving Jake and getting on with her life.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Count boasts that he has been around. Where has he been?
2. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
3. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
4. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
5. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)