|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
(a) She will hurt you if you try to get close.
(b) She is not worth the time of day. Stay away from her.
(c) She's nice and her name is Lady Ashley. She is getting a divorce, so she can marry someone named Mike Campbell.
(d) He doesn't have anything to say about her. He doesn't want to discuss it.
2. How do Jake and Bill stay warm after they finish their evening meal?
(a) They sit in front of the fireplace.
(b) They go to bed and read.
(c) They go for a run through the town.
(d) They put on extra layers of clothing.
3. Where was the Count when he received his wounds?
(a) On a business trip
(b) Fighting in a revolution
(c) On a naval ship
(d) In the Italian front
4. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
(a) It lifts their spirits, but then drops the mood just as quickly.
(b) It puts the person into a major depression.
(c) It sustains an uplifted mood all night.
(d) It has no effect on the mood.
5. What excuses do Brett and Jake give when the Count suggests that they get married?
(a) They say that they want to live their own lives and have their careers.
(b) They say that they are incompatible and argue too much.
(c) They say that they are not the marrying kind and are not ready to settle down.
(d) They say that they don't want to be tied down and are only friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Count boasts that he has been around. Where has he been?
2. How does Jake react when Brett tells him she was in San Sebastian with Cohn?
3. What is the cost for room and board at Jake's hotel in Burguete?
4. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
5. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)