|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What meal is served to Jake and Bill their first night in the hotel?
(a) Vegetable soup, fried trout, stew, strawberries and wine
(b) Fried steak, olives, grapes, wine
(c) Salad, eggs, olives, hot rum
(d) Roast chicken, grapes, boiled vegetables, and wine
2. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
(a) Just driving around
(b) To Brett's place
(c) To Jake's place
(d) To a show
3. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
(a) He asks if the next time, the Catholics can be the last to be served.
(b) He inquires about the quality of the food and if there is any left.
(c) He wants to know when the Protestants get to eat and it makes him want to join the Klan.
(d) He asks if all the Catholics enjoyed making everyone else on the train wait for lunch.
4. Jake, Bill and their traveling companions in the train compartment talk about fishing trips. What comment does the American wife make about men?
(a) She says that most men are self-disciplined and decent.
(b) She implies that men get out of control if there is liquor around.
(c) She says that only a few men get drunk on a regular basis.
(d) She says that most men voted for prohibition.
5. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
(a) Braddocks and Cohn
(b) Cohn and Brett
(c) Brett and Georgette
(d) Woolsey and Krum
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the cost for room and board at Jake's hotel in Burguete?
2. Who arrives at Jake's flat after he finishes showering?
3. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
4. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
5. While on the bus, Bill and Jake have a conversation with an old man who says that he lived in America forty years ago. Why did he return to Spain?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)