|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Jake and Bill share their train compartment with?
(a) Two soldiers from America
(b) Count Mippipopolous
(c) An American man, his wife, and their young son
(d) Two single women traveling alone
2. What did it mean when the Basque said "Arriba" to Bill and Jake?
(a) Put the cork on
(b) Stop drinking
(c) Put it down
(d) Lift it up
3. In a letter to Jake, what does Cohn tell Jake he has been doing in Hendaye?
(a) Bicycling and boating
(b) Gambling and drinking
(c) Having a quiet time, bathing, golfing, and playing bridge
(d) Going on long walks and hunting
4. Where was the Count when he received his wounds?
(a) On a naval ship
(b) On a business trip
(c) Fighting in a revolution
(d) In the Italian front
5. What meal is served to Jake and Bill their first night in the hotel?
(a) Salad, eggs, olives, hot rum
(b) Fried steak, olives, grapes, wine
(c) Roast chicken, grapes, boiled vegetables, and wine
(d) Vegetable soup, fried trout, stew, strawberries and wine
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a Basque offer to Jake and Bill as they waited in the heat for the bus to leave for Burguete?
2. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
3. What is Mike assigned to bring to Pamplona?
4. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
5. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)