|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
(a) His budget won't allow him to go out much.
(b) He is too tired by the end of the work day.
(c) It's hard getting out with a wife and children.
(d) He has to work nights.
2. Where does Brett tell Jake she is going?
(b) San Sebastian
3. How did the Count receive the wounds above his ribs?
4. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
(a) He thinks she looks down and out and could use a good meal.
(b) He feels sorry for her and hopes to talk her into a different lifestyle.
(c) He thinks it would be nice to eat with someone.
(d) He hopes it will lead to a more intimate time later in the evening.
5. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
(a) So everyone could get a good view of the countryside
(b) To give room to six mules pulling a heavily loaded freight wagon
(c) To make room for the wild goats on the hillside
(d) To give room to pilgrims passing on the road
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jake react when Brett tells him she was in San Sebastian with Cohn?
2. What meal is served to Jake and Bill their first night in the hotel?
3. Jake, Bill and their traveling companions in the train compartment talk about fishing trips. What comment does the American wife make about men?
4. How are the houses in Burguete arranged?
5. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)