|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
(a) He says that he has decided not to write anymore.
(b) He says that his writing is speeding along and he is on the final chapter.
(c) He says that he can't seem to get started on his second book and he is worried.
(d) He says that all is going well and he is half way through his second book.
2. How do Jake and Bill stay warm after they finish their evening meal?
(a) They sit in front of the fireplace.
(b) They put on extra layers of clothing.
(c) They go to bed and read.
(d) They go for a run through the town.
3. What excuses do Brett and Jake give when the Count suggests that they get married?
(a) They say that they don't want to be tied down and are only friends.
(b) They say that they are incompatible and argue too much.
(c) They say that they want to live their own lives and have their careers.
(d) They say that they are not the marrying kind and are not ready to settle down.
4. Jake meets Brett and Mike at the Dingo and Mike is a bit drunk. What does Mike ask Jake at the time?
(a) He asks if he and Brett can go to Pamplona with Jake and Bill.
(b) He asks if he said anything embarrassing the night before.
(c) He asks if Jake is still in love with Brett.
(d) He asks if Cohn is in love with Brett.
5. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
(b) Robert Cohn
(d) Brett Ashley
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
2. The Count boasts that he has been around. Where has he been?
3. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
4. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
5. Who arrives at Jake's flat after he finishes showering?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)