|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
(a) He threatens Jake and tells him to watch his tongue.
(b) He tells Jake that he is the best friend he has.
(c) He insults Jake, saying that he is not worth the trouble.
(d) He tells Jake that he doesn't want to see him again.
2. Where was the Count when he received his wounds?
(a) Fighting in a revolution
(b) In the Italian front
(c) On a business trip
(d) On a naval ship
3. What is the cost for room and board at Jake's hotel in Burguete?
(a) Three pesetas, which is cheap
(b) Five pesetas, which Jake feels is reasonable
(c) Seven pesetas, but the wine is included
(d) Twelve pesetas, which Jake feels is too much
4. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
(a) He is still distraught over Brett and skips breakfast.
(b) He walks down the street in a fog, not noticing the events around him.
(c) He feels it is a fine and pleasant morning.
(d) He wishes he had stayed in bed.
5. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
(a) As his fiancée
(b) As a poule he picked up on the street
(c) As his sister
(d) As his cousin
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has a cab waiting for Jake and Bill as they get off the train?
2. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
3. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
4. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
5. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)