|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
(a) Cohn is in awe of the night life in Paris.
(b) Cohn is eagerly looking at Lady Brett, hoping for a dance.
(c) Cohn is looking with adoration at his fiancée, Frances.
(d) Cohn is expectantly hoping for a night with Georgette.
2. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
(a) It's hard getting out with a wife and children.
(b) His budget won't allow him to go out much.
(c) He has to work nights.
(d) He is too tired by the end of the work day.
3. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He was hurt in the war.
(b) He is afraid of catching something from her.
(c) He has a girlfriend.
(d) He had too much to drink.
4. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
(a) He wants to know when the Protestants get to eat and it makes him want to join the Klan.
(b) He asks if all the Catholics enjoyed making everyone else on the train wait for lunch.
(c) He inquires about the quality of the food and if there is any left.
(d) He asks if the next time, the Catholics can be the last to be served.
5. Jake meets Brett and Mike at the Dingo and Mike is a bit drunk. What does Mike ask Jake at the time?
(a) He asks if he said anything embarrassing the night before.
(b) He asks if he and Brett can go to Pamplona with Jake and Bill.
(c) He asks if Cohn is in love with Brett.
(d) He asks if Jake is still in love with Brett.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
2. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
3. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
4. Where do the Count, Brett, and Jake go after they finish dinner in the restaurant?
5. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)