|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
(a) That they see other people
(b) That they live together
(c) That they get married
(d) That they avoid each other
2. When does Brett say she is going to marry Michael?
(a) When Michael's family gives them the money for the wedding
(b) As soon as they can get the divorce
(c) As soon as he returns to Paris
(d) When he finds a better job
3. What is the view Jake and Bill have from the train as they pass through Landes?
(a) They see hills covered with olive trees.
(b) They see bustling cities with sidewalks full of people.
(c) They see farmland of steer and bulls.
(d) They see the sun set, wooded hills, sandy pine country, heather, clearings with houses and an occasional sawmill.
4. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
(a) Brett adds up the number of shoes she owns, buying a new pair every week.
(b) Brett adds up the number of brandies she drinks when she goes out.
(c) Brett likes to hang all her dresses in color coordinated order.
(d) Brett enjoys it when more and more men become infatuated with her.
5. When Jake and Bill try to get tickets for the first lunch service on the train, what does the conductor tell them?
(a) He gives them tickets and tells them to enjoy the ride.
(b) They are all reserved. There is nothing available until the fifth at three-thirty.
(c) They are all reserved but he will find them a spot for ten francs.
(d) They can have tickets to the second serving.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
2. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
3. What is the weather like when Jake and Bill arrive in Burguete?
4. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
5. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)