|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Brett say she is going to marry Michael?
(a) When Michael's family gives them the money for the wedding
(b) When he finds a better job
(c) As soon as they can get the divorce
(d) As soon as he returns to Paris
2. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
(a) He inquires about the quality of the food and if there is any left.
(b) He asks if the next time, the Catholics can be the last to be served.
(c) He wants to know when the Protestants get to eat and it makes him want to join the Klan.
(d) He asks if all the Catholics enjoyed making everyone else on the train wait for lunch.
3. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
(a) Portraits of famous visitors to the hotel
(b) Bull-fighting paintings
(c) Spanish landscapes
(d) Dead rabbits, dead pheasants, and dead ducks
4. What did a Basque offer to Jake and Bill as they waited in the heat for the bus to leave for Burguete?
(a) Goat's milk
(b) A drink from a big leather wine bag
(c) Fruit from a wicker basket
(d) Raw meat wrapped in grape leaves
5. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
(a) He first saw her in a café in Paris.
(b) She was a V.A.D. in a hospital he was in during the war.
(c) They met while on a cruise to England.
(d) He met her in a bar in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at Jake's flat after he finishes showering?
2. How does Jake react when Brett tells him she was in San Sebastian with Cohn?
3. What did it mean when the Basque said "Arriba" to Bill and Jake?
4. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
5. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)