|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
(a) Dead rabbits, dead pheasants, and dead ducks
(b) Spanish landscapes
(c) Bull-fighting paintings
(d) Portraits of famous visitors to the hotel
2. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
(a) A walk along the Seinne
(b) To Foyot's
(c) To the Louvre
(d) To the dance club, bal musette
3. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
(a) She is miserable and says she will not see Jake again.
(b) She is happy and looking forward to her wedding to Michael.
(c) She is excited about leaving Jake and getting on with her life.
(d) She is indifferent to Jake.
4. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
(a) He says that he has decided not to write anymore.
(b) He says that his writing is speeding along and he is on the final chapter.
(c) He says that he can't seem to get started on his second book and he is worried.
(d) He says that all is going well and he is half way through his second book.
5. What does Cohn decide when Brett sends him a letter saying he doesn't have to go on the trip to Spain with them?
(a) He refuses to answer her letter.
(b) He decides to go anyway.
(c) He says that he would rather not go.
(d) He asks Jake to tell Brett not to go on the trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
2. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
3. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
4. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
5. What did a Basque offer to Jake and Bill as they waited in the heat for the bus to leave for Burguete?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)