|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cohn decide when Brett sends him a letter saying he doesn't have to go on the trip to Spain with them?
(a) He refuses to answer her letter.
(b) He asks Jake to tell Brett not to go on the trip.
(c) He decides to go anyway.
(d) He says that he would rather not go.
2. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
(a) She is indifferent to Jake.
(b) She is miserable and says she will not see Jake again.
(c) She is excited about leaving Jake and getting on with her life.
(d) She is happy and looking forward to her wedding to Michael.
3. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
(a) He has a cup of coffee and then decides to go home.
(b) He reads the French morning papers, smokes and sets to work on the typewriter.
(c) He tries to concentrate on his typing, but can't hold a clear thought.
(d) He sits at his desk, wallowing in self-pity.
4. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
(a) She is not worth the time of day. Stay away from her.
(b) He doesn't have anything to say about her. He doesn't want to discuss it.
(c) She will hurt you if you try to get close.
(d) She's nice and her name is Lady Ashley. She is getting a divorce, so she can marry someone named Mike Campbell.
5. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
(a) He says that his writing is speeding along and he is on the final chapter.
(b) He says that all is going well and he is half way through his second book.
(c) He says that he can't seem to get started on his second book and he is worried.
(d) He says that he has decided not to write anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
2. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
3. What excuses do Brett and Jake give when the Count suggests that they get married?
4. Who arrives at Jake's flat after he finishes showering?
5. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)