|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
(a) He is too tired by the end of the work day.
(b) He has to work nights.
(c) His budget won't allow him to go out much.
(d) It's hard getting out with a wife and children.
2. Jake meets Brett and Mike at the Dingo and Mike is a bit drunk. What does Mike ask Jake at the time?
(a) He asks if he said anything embarrassing the night before.
(b) He asks if Jake is still in love with Brett.
(c) He asks if he and Brett can go to Pamplona with Jake and Bill.
(d) He asks if Cohn is in love with Brett.
3. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
(a) He asks if the next time, the Catholics can be the last to be served.
(b) He wants to know when the Protestants get to eat and it makes him want to join the Klan.
(c) He asks if all the Catholics enjoyed making everyone else on the train wait for lunch.
(d) He inquires about the quality of the food and if there is any left.
4. How do Jake and Bill stay warm after they finish their evening meal?
(a) They sit in front of the fireplace.
(b) They go for a run through the town.
(c) They put on extra layers of clothing.
(d) They go to bed and read.
5. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
(a) He first saw her in a café in Paris.
(b) She was a V.A.D. in a hospital he was in during the war.
(c) They met while on a cruise to England.
(d) He met her in a bar in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. After his miserable night crying over Brett, Jake walks down the Boulevard to the rue Soufflot for breakfast. What is his frame of mind?
2. Where do the Count, Brett, and Jake go after they finish dinner in the restaurant?
3. Jake, Bill and their traveling companions in the train compartment talk about fishing trips. What comment does the American wife make about men?
4. Why does the concierge of Jake's flat changer her opinion of Brett?
5. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)