|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the countryside did Jake's bus travel after stopping at the posada to drop off packages?
(a) Through the crowded city streets
(b) Through farming country with rocky hills
(c) Through rough, rocky plains
(d) Through a soot covered mill town
2. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
(a) He tries to concentrate on his typing, but can't hold a clear thought.
(b) He has a cup of coffee and then decides to go home.
(c) He reads the French morning papers, smokes and sets to work on the typewriter.
(d) He sits at his desk, wallowing in self-pity.
3. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
(c) In love
4. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
(a) It has no effect on the mood.
(b) It sustains an uplifted mood all night.
(c) It lifts their spirits, but then drops the mood just as quickly.
(d) It puts the person into a major depression.
5. What did a Basque offer to Jake and Bill as they waited in the heat for the bus to leave for Burguete?
(a) A drink from a big leather wine bag
(b) Goat's milk
(c) Fruit from a wicker basket
(d) Raw meat wrapped in grape leaves
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the Count receive the wounds above his ribs?
2. What did it mean when the Basque said "Arriba" to Bill and Jake?
3. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
4. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
5. How is Brett feeling when Jake says goodbye to her at her hotel?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)