|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
(a) He asks if the next time, the Catholics can be the last to be served.
(b) He wants to know when the Protestants get to eat and it makes him want to join the Klan.
(c) He asks if all the Catholics enjoyed making everyone else on the train wait for lunch.
(d) He inquires about the quality of the food and if there is any left.
2. How does Jake justify the insulting things he says?
(a) He says that he is only telling the truth.
(b) He explains that he has a nasty tongue but he doesn't mean what he says.
(c) He blames his attitude on his war injury.
(d) He says that he had a rough night and isn't thinking straight.
3. What is the weather like when Jake and Bill arrive in Burguete?
(a) Humid and stifling
(b) Rainy and windy
(c) Hot and sunny
(d) Very cold
4. How does Jake react when Brett tells him she was in San Sebastian with Cohn?
(a) His eyes tear up and his lip trembles.
(b) He is nasty and sarcastic.
(c) He is indifferent to the whole situation.
(d) He tells Brett she cannot go to Pamplona.
5. When Jake is about to leave the dance-club, what does he give the patronne for Georgette?
(a) A brandy and soda
(b) A bottle of wine
(c) Fifty francs
(d) His address
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
2. Who asks Jake to lunch after he gets back to the office?
3. Jake meets Brett and Mike at the Dingo and Mike is a bit drunk. What does Mike ask Jake at the time?
4. What is the cost for room and board at Jake's hotel in Burguete?
5. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)