|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jake do when Georgette touches him while they are driving in the horse-cab?
(a) He moves closer to her.
(b) He closes his eyes and enjoys her touch.
(c) He bends over and kisses her.
(d) He pushes her hand away.
2. What does Cohn tell Jake after Jake apologizes for telling him to go to hell?
(a) He insults Jake, saying that he is not worth the trouble.
(b) He tells Jake that he doesn't want to see him again.
(c) He threatens Jake and tells him to watch his tongue.
(d) He tells Jake that he is the best friend he has.
3. What did it mean when the Basque said "Arriba" to Bill and Jake?
(a) Lift it up
(b) Put it down
(c) Put the cork on
(d) Stop drinking
4. In a letter to Jake, what does Cohn tell Jake he has been doing in Hendaye?
(a) Bicycling and boating
(b) Gambling and drinking
(c) Having a quiet time, bathing, golfing, and playing bridge
(d) Going on long walks and hunting
5. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
(d) In love
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the houses in Burguete arranged?
2. Who arrives at Jake's flat after he finishes showering?
3. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
4. Why does the Count enjoy everything so much?
5. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)