|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the bus have to pull over to the side of the road as it climbed into the hills?
(a) So everyone could get a good view of the countryside
(b) To give room to six mules pulling a heavily loaded freight wagon
(c) To give room to pilgrims passing on the road
(d) To make room for the wild goats on the hillside
2. How do Jake and Bill stay warm after they finish their evening meal?
(a) They go for a run through the town.
(b) They go to bed and read.
(c) They put on extra layers of clothing.
(d) They sit in front of the fireplace.
3. What meal is served to Jake and Bill their first night in the hotel?
(a) Vegetable soup, fried trout, stew, strawberries and wine
(b) Fried steak, olives, grapes, wine
(c) Roast chicken, grapes, boiled vegetables, and wine
(d) Salad, eggs, olives, hot rum
4. In a letter to Jake, what does Cohn tell Jake he has been doing in Hendaye?
(a) Having a quiet time, bathing, golfing, and playing bridge
(b) Going on long walks and hunting
(c) Gambling and drinking
(d) Bicycling and boating
5. Who arrives at Jake's flat after he finishes showering?
(a) Robert Cohn and Harvey Stone
(b) Brett and Robert Cohn
(c) Brett and Count Mippipopolous
(d) Brett and Harvey Stone
Short Answer Questions
1. What did a Basque offer to Jake and Bill as they waited in the heat for the bus to leave for Burguete?
2. What does Jake tell Cohn about Brett when he inquires about her?
3. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
4. Why do all the passengers sit on top of the bus before it leaves for Baguete?
5. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)