|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a letter to Jake, what does Cohn tell Jake he has been doing in Hendaye?
(a) Going on long walks and hunting
(b) Having a quiet time, bathing, golfing, and playing bridge
(c) Gambling and drinking
(d) Bicycling and boating
2. Where do the Count, Brett, and Jake go after they finish dinner in the restaurant?
(a) They go for a tour of Paris in a horse-cab.
(b) They go to the Count's hotel room for champagne.
(c) They go dancing at Zelli's.
(d) They go for a stroll in the park.
3. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
(a) He asks if all the Catholics enjoyed making everyone else on the train wait for lunch.
(b) He asks if the next time, the Catholics can be the last to be served.
(c) He wants to know when the Protestants get to eat and it makes him want to join the Klan.
(d) He inquires about the quality of the food and if there is any left.
4. Where does Brett tell Jake she is going?
(b) San Sebastian
5. Why does the concierge of Jake's flat changer her opinion of Brett?
(a) She sees that Brett is from a low class family, penniless and a fortune hunter.
(b) She discovers that Brett is rude, crude, and ignorant.
(c) She sees that Brett is a shrew who should be avoided.
(d) She sees that Brett is very nice, of a good family and very gentile.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Brett say she is going to marry Michael?
2. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
3. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
4. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
5. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)