|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Jake's flat after he finishes showering?
(a) Robert Cohn and Harvey Stone
(b) Brett and Count Mippipopolous
(c) Brett and Harvey Stone
(d) Brett and Robert Cohn
2. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
(a) Dead rabbits, dead pheasants, and dead ducks
(b) Spanish landscapes
(c) Bull-fighting paintings
(d) Portraits of famous visitors to the hotel
3. Where does Brett tell Jake she is going?
(b) San Sebastian
4. Jake meets Brett and Mike at the Dingo and Mike is a bit drunk. What does Mike ask Jake at the time?
(a) He asks if he said anything embarrassing the night before.
(b) He asks if Cohn is in love with Brett.
(c) He asks if Jake is still in love with Brett.
(d) He asks if he and Brett can go to Pamplona with Jake and Bill.
5. What effect does the imitation absinthe drink called pernod have on those who drink it?
(a) It has no effect on the mood.
(b) It sustains an uplifted mood all night.
(c) It puts the person into a major depression.
(d) It lifts their spirits, but then drops the mood just as quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
2. Why does Jake think of Cohn as Moses seeing the Promised Land for the first time while they are having a drink together at the dance?
3. Where do Brett and Jake decide to go after leaving the dance-club?
4. What did it mean when the Basque said "Arriba" to Bill and Jake?
5. Who does Jake share a taxi with after the press conference at Quai d'Orsay?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)