|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Jake and Bill share their train compartment with?
(a) Two soldiers from America
(b) An American man, his wife, and their young son
(c) Two single women traveling alone
(d) Count Mippipopolous
2. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He was hurt in the war.
(b) He is afraid of catching something from her.
(c) He had too much to drink.
(d) He has a girlfriend.
3. Why does Jake ask Georgette, the prostitute, to have dinner with him?
(a) He hopes it will lead to a more intimate time later in the evening.
(b) He thinks it would be nice to eat with someone.
(c) He feels sorry for her and hopes to talk her into a different lifestyle.
(d) He thinks she looks down and out and could use a good meal.
4. What type of artwork is hanging from the walls in Jake's hotel?
(a) Bull-fighting paintings
(b) Dead rabbits, dead pheasants, and dead ducks
(c) Portraits of famous visitors to the hotel
(d) Spanish landscapes
5. What meal is served to Jake and Bill their first night in the hotel?
(a) Vegetable soup, fried trout, stew, strawberries and wine
(b) Salad, eggs, olives, hot rum
(c) Fried steak, olives, grapes, wine
(d) Roast chicken, grapes, boiled vegetables, and wine
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
2. What is the weather like when Jake and Bill arrive in Burguete?
3. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
4. What is Jake referring to when he says to Brett, "you like to add them up."?
5. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)