|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jake, Bill and their traveling companions in the train compartment talk about fishing trips. What comment does the American wife make about men?
(a) She implies that men get out of control if there is liquor around.
(b) She says that most men voted for prohibition.
(c) She says that most men are self-disciplined and decent.
(d) She says that only a few men get drunk on a regular basis.
2. Georgette asks Jake what is wrong with him, since he doesn't want her to touch him. What does he reply?
(a) He has a girlfriend.
(b) He had too much to drink.
(c) He was hurt in the war.
(d) He is afraid of catching something from her.
3. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
(a) A walk along the Seinne
(b) To Foyot's
(c) To the Louvre
(d) To the dance club, bal musette
4. How are the houses in Burguete arranged?
(a) Along both sides of the road with no side streets
(b) In city blocks
(c) Along both sides of the road and down side streets
(d) In a circle around the town
5. When does Brett say she is going to marry Michael?
(a) As soon as they can get the divorce
(b) When Michael's family gives them the money for the wedding
(c) When he finds a better job
(d) As soon as he returns to Paris
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the view Jake and Bill have from the train as they pass through Landes?
2. While eating lunch at Wetzels's, Jake asks Cohn how his writing is progressing. What is Cohn's reply?
3. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
4. While on the bus, Bill and Jake have a conversation with an old man who says that he lived in America forty years ago. Why did he return to Spain?
5. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)