|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuses do Brett and Jake give when the Count suggests that they get married?
(a) They say that they don't want to be tied down and are only friends.
(b) They say that they want to live their own lives and have their careers.
(c) They say that they are incompatible and argue too much.
(d) They say that they are not the marrying kind and are not ready to settle down.
2. Jake tells Brett that he loves her so much and makes a suggestion to her. What is the suggestion?
(a) That they avoid each other
(b) That they get married
(c) That they see other people
(d) That they live together
3. What does Jake do when Georgette touches him while they are driving in the horse-cab?
(a) He moves closer to her.
(b) He pushes her hand away.
(c) He closes his eyes and enjoys her touch.
(d) He bends over and kisses her.
4. When Jake and Bill try to get tickets for the first lunch service on the train, what does the conductor tell them?
(a) He gives them tickets and tells them to enjoy the ride.
(b) They are all reserved. There is nothing available until the fifth at three-thirty.
(c) They can have tickets to the second serving.
(d) They are all reserved but he will find them a spot for ten francs.
5. Who does Brett leave the dance-club with?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like when Jake and Bill arrive in Burguete?
2. What is the cost for room and board at Jake's hotel in Burguete?
3. How does Jake introduce Georgette to his friends when they meet at the restaurant?
4. What does Jake do when he gets to his office after breakfast?
5. Bill is so annoyed about eating lunch at quarter past four that he stops a priest who is coming back from lunch. What comment does he make to the priest?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)