|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Krum have a difficult time going out to the Dingo or the Select?
(a) It's hard getting out with a wife and children.
(b) His budget won't allow him to go out much.
(c) He is too tired by the end of the work day.
(d) He has to work nights.
2. Where does Brett tell Jake she is going?
(d) San Sebastian
3. How does Jake react when Brett tells him she was in San Sebastian with Cohn?
(a) He is nasty and sarcastic.
(b) He is indifferent to the whole situation.
(c) He tells Brett she cannot go to Pamplona.
(d) His eyes tear up and his lip trembles.
4. Where does Jake tell Cohn that he met Brett?
(a) She was a V.A.D. in a hospital he was in during the war.
(b) They met while on a cruise to England.
(c) He first saw her in a café in Paris.
(d) He met her in a bar in America.
5. What is the cost for room and board at Jake's hotel in Burguete?
(a) Five pesetas, which Jake feels is reasonable
(b) Three pesetas, which is cheap
(c) Seven pesetas, but the wine is included
(d) Twelve pesetas, which Jake feels is too much
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cohn, what is the reason Frances would not go to South America with him?
2. Why does the concierge of Jake's flat changer her opinion of Brett?
3. Jake runs into some of his friends while eating at the restaurant with Georgette. Where does Braddocks ask Jake and Georgette to go?
4. While on the bus, Bill and Jake have a conversation with an old man who says that he lived in America forty years ago. Why did he return to Spain?
5. How does Brett say she is feeling after she and Jake get into the taxi?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)